April 27, 2024, 12:01:48 PM

Author Topic: Bowden and Powell to blame...  (Read 1153 times)

Offline RRamdin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Bowden and Powell to blame...
« on: March 26, 2008, 05:49:41 PM »
I blame Bowden for Sarwan's dismissal, when we were going relatively comfortably and if he had not been given out he probably would have gone onto save the game. Definitely a decision that cost the West Indies team the match. Any other nation and there would be a big furore over that decision. If it were India, they would lobby for Bowden to be removed from umpiring in any future tests.

Powell also because of that shot he played for the last wicket, and refusing the single the ball before that would have had Gayle back on strike to face 4 balls of Vaas, and after that only 7 overs remaining. Even Hinds got a bad decision if i recall.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bowden and Powell to blame...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 06:09:47 PM »
Loud steups dey eh deserve 2 draw any match/ They eh prepare a good pitch plus dey bat like some skunks in d 1st innings
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bowden and Powell to blame...
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 10:08:44 AM »
West Indies deserved to lose this game.

>:( >:( >:(

They did not apply themselves in batting in both innings. I cannot understand why players like Bravo, Ramdhin, Taylor and Sarwan giving it their all while others are lackluster and laidback.

Also, poor selection decisions are contributing to these defeats. If it is CUTARSE we like, we will continue to get it until we start doing the very basics correct.

>:( >:(

1]; } ?>