April 28, 2024, 08:37:35 PM

Author Topic: How many foreign based players should coach Maturana select for June 15?  (Read 11474 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Our first game in WC qualifying is June 15th

The England game is June 1

The last EPL & English Championship regular season game is May 11th (Southampton re: Stern John unless they get into the playoffs which is highly unlikely)

The last 1st Division regular season game is May 3rd (Swansea re: Dennis Lawrence & Jason Scotland unless they don't get automatic promotion to the Championship Division which at the moment seems unlikely)

This gives the majority of our overseas based players, NOT PLAYING IN MLS or A League, just about a month to train together with the local based players (barring injury).  This is much more than the normal 3-5 days national team coaches have with these players.

A FULL STRENGTH T&T STARTING XI therefore could look like this for our first WCQ game:

Clayton Ince - Goalie
Dennis Lawrence - Central Defence (assuming he has indeed unretired from international football)
Keyeno Thomas - Central Defence
Kern Cupid - Right Wing Back
Akeem Adams - Left Wing Back
Aurtis Whitley - Central Midfield
Carlos Edwards - Right Midfield
Khaleem Hyland - Left Midfield
Keon Daniel - Central Midfield
Kenwyne Jones - Striker
Stern John / Jason Scotland - Striker

5 Foreign based

6 Local based

Dat about right?

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Call back all the foreign based,
even man like Sancho and Jack who not really player because you know they good enough to add something to the squad.

Hold some light training sessions and mix them in with the local based for a month,

from that squad of about 40 men pick a 22 of the best to play the WCQ games.

Even men like Spann, Josh Johnson and Hector Sam should get called anybody who based in Europe and have a decent chance of helping the squad should be called.

This is a valuable chance to have our team in training it is infact the last chance we have before we play bermuda but more importantly if we make it to the group of 4 so breing everybody home and let the new coach see who can do what.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
U leave out Daryl Roberts so quickly?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
U leave out Daryl Roberts so quickly?
I really really want to see how dat man do in a first choice team. He easy for most people to forget or under-rate because we doh see or follow his games as easily as those in the English leagues. But he playing and scoring at de highest level of any of our players, outside of Kenwyne and Carlos.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 01:28:17 PM by Dry So »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Dry So how did you rate his performance against jamaica recently?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Our first game in WC qualifying is June 15th

The England game is June 1

The last EPL & English Championship regular season game is May 11th (Southampton re: Stern John unless they get into the playoffs which is highly unlikely)

The last 1st Division regular season game is May 3rd (Swansea re: Dennis Lawrence & Jason Scotland unless they don't get automatic promotion to the Championship Division which at the moment seems unlikely)

This gives the majority of our overseas based players, NOT PLAYING IN MLS or A League, just about a month to train together with the local based players (barring injury).  This is much more than the normal 3-5 days national team coaches have with these players.

A FULL STRENGTH T&T STARTING XI therefore could look like this for our first WCQ game:

Clayton Ince - Goalie
Dennis Lawrence - Central Defence (assuming he has indeed unretired from international football)
Keyeno Thomas - Central Defence
Kern Cupid - Right Wing Back
Akeem Adams - Left Wing Back
Aurtis Whitley - Central Midfield
Carlos Edwards - Right Midfield
Khaleem Hyland - Left Midfield
Keon Daniel - Central Midfield
Kenwyne Jones - Striker
Stern John / Jason Scotland - Striker

5 Foreign based

6 Local based

Dat about right?

Interesting post.
Several Points:

1) Walsall has an outside chance of making playoffs.
2) You ent think none of them men would want a little two weeks off? Ince has played every game for Wallsall this season. Swansea has played more games than any non UEFA cup,non CL side this season
3) Things so bad on the left side that we have to start a 16 year old?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dry So how did you rate his performance against jamaica recently?
I ain't watch the whole game, but from what I saw, he was holding up the ball well,  pressuring the defence and was involved in most of our best chances. Also, reading some of the reports from Jamaicans at the match, he was our best player. He was among our best players at the Gold Cup as well.

No disrespect to Scotty, but League One is not the Eredivisie.

Or maybe Roberts could hold down one of the wings and make everybody happy. He say he prefer midfield anyway.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
aaammmm.....
KND2>>>u serious with that comment bout bringing back all dem players?

if ya aint playin for a club or at least playin regular ya shouldnt get call ...simple!
i would like to see Birchall and all get call back but he aint deserve it.
If he cah make at Coventry maybe he should leave or put in his work next season and start

all dem names like sancho and jack...thas goin a few steps backward there to pick men that aint playing no ball
the fact that they not playin allowing the coach to see some new players who may be a better fit or jus as good as the ones u mention.

Offline Tierra

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football unites
    • View Profile
Definitely not more than 5 it is unfair to the locally based players who were training and playing for their country all the time while some other cutting style to wear national colours and if maturana find young players like Gay and Adams earn their chance to play on June 15th over players twice their age I have no problem. It is class and skill that should be taken in to consideration and not a second class name in Europe (Kenwenye Jones is not included). :beermug:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Definitely not more than 5 it is unfair to the locally based players who were training and playing for their country all the time while some other cutting style to wear national colours and if maturana find young players like Gay and Adams earn their chance to play on June 15th over players twice their age I have no problem. It is class and skill that should be taken in to consideration and not a second class name in Europe (Kenwenye Jones is not included). :beermug:

I agree with most ah yuh post except the bold (an d lipstick) - ah wouldn't call dem not playing "cuttin style" , but  prefer Azzuri's...the present/last selctions, and the most in-form foreign invitees, an Mat pick the best from the group

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Birchall
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall

How he hamstring ? he lightin up the Reserves ? he score some real bullet on somebody ? he passin, tacklin and running even better than last year ? Why Birchall ? Why not " the name we cyah mention" ?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall

How he hamstring ? he lightin up the Reserves ? he score some real bullet on somebody ? he passin, tacklin and running even better than last year ? Why Birchall ? Why not " the name we cyah mention" ?

:( :'(
Youtube Channel

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Birchall

ah might be wrong, but for some reason ah think Birchall is not playing for more reasons than football on the field...could be JW, could be because he is English and playing for ah small island country...ah doh know just speculating... ???

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall is a good player.  We saw his ability and hard work in many games in the last WC.  His ability also to send a scorcher towards goal - and score.  He needs a look.  I don't think that we should start off by asking how many foreign-based or local-based should play on the team.  We need to call as many players as are willing to play and pick the best team,  whether foreign or local.  But I also think that Maturana's decision to look at young players is wise as
1.  WC is still two years away
2.  If some players get injurd as is likely, he can go to players he has already seen and know their potential.

BTW, don't forget Julius James could be a Godsend in our often fragile back line.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Birchall

Reserves: Coventry City 5 Port Vale 0
Posted on: Tue 25 Mar 2008
Ironically, it was Birchall who gave the Sky Blues the lead in the opening stages.

West Bromwich Albion Reserves 2 - 2 Coventry City Reserves
Posted on: Tue 18 Mar 2008
Wayne Andrews had a shot from a Birchall cross blocked by Danek. The ball was worked back to Ellery Cairo who drilled low into the net from the edge of the area.

Reserves beat Oldham
Posted on: Wed 27 Feb 2008
The Sky Blues took the lead after just three minutes thanks to a goal from Chris Birchall.

RESERVES: Coventry City 2 Leicester City 2
Posted on: Tue 05 Feb 2008
Goals from Chris Birchall and Wayne Andrews secured a point for Coventry City as they drew 2-2 with Leicester City on Tuesday afternoon.
---
Kevin Thornton saw his shot tipped wide by the keeper on 23 minutes, before three minutes later, the Irishman's shot was not held by keeper Paul Henderson and the ball fell for the advancing Birchall, who finished from close range.

The second half was as level as the first and DJ Campbell saw his shot deflected over just after the hour before at the other end, Cairo played an excellent ball into Birchall, who saw the keeper save at his feet.

On 71 minutes, the Sky Blues made it 2-1. After an excellent one-two with Birchall, Thornton slipped the ball through to Andrews, who finished well past the keeper for the lead.

Reserves held by Walsall
Posted on: Thu 10 Jan 2008
Simpson got the Sky Blues off to a dream start when Simpson slotted home from 12-yards after latching onto a flick from Birchall.

Birchall then curled a free-kick into the arms of Saddlers keeper Bertrand Bossu before another set-piece from the former Port Vale man was pushed away.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 04:40:31 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
[color=Pink]Definitely not more than 5 it is unfair to the locally based players who were training and playing for their country all the time while some other cutting style to wear national colours and if maturana find young players like Gay and Adams earn their chance to play on June 15th over players twice their age I have no problem. It is class and skill that should be taken in to consideration and not a second class name in Europe (Kenwenye Jones is not included). :beermug:
With all due respect , but emotions and setiment ain't have nothing to do with national football. leave that for fete match and SSFL. the foriegn based did not refuse to play for us , it's the TTFF who exempted them from national duty, it's not like they refuse to play and the local based picked up the slack.

no disrespect to the local based , but them boys can't handle them giants like USA, Mexico, Hunduras, Canada, JA , and TICO'S. them boys met an experimental JA team , man like camble ryce , fuller and gardener, wasn't there so don't base it on that. the foreign based must participate and in the overwhelming majority.

My team

C. Ince                 OSie Telesford,               D.lawrence.     marvin Andrews.        C. gray
J.  williams.

mids.          C. Edwards         daryll   Roberts.      Aurtis   Whitley.    khaleem  Hyland.

FOR.                              K.  jones.  stern  John . ( jason  Scottland.)                                 

subs. (D)  Akile  Edwards. kenyo Thomas.  silvio Span.   nigel Daniels.

(M) K. Danials.  L peltier. D   Theobald.    J.  Marcano.

(F) R. patterson.    S. Sealy.     C.   Glenn.

POSITIVE.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:20:29 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I say none we can see how effective d local base was JW say man who was discarded by d previous staff scoring plus d same previous coach say dey wasn't good now we seein different. I all 4 a total local campaign. No need 4 d foreign base.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
not because a man like sancho who does not have a club should just get leave out. He might be plenty better than the local based still.

you talking about a man who start all the world cup games so everthing have to be considered.

it is not like we is France and picking man based on form.

we need to bring back all we players and see where they are,

jones score one goal for the year, you go leave him out?

carlos play like 2 games you go leave him out?

bring back everybody

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
KND meh boi if yuh heard JW on I95 Sancho eh coming back 2 play. Stern and all may see trouble. I say go total local. Dem locals eh join FPATT so d go do JW bidding
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
KND meh boi if yuh heard JW on I95 Sancho eh coming back 2 play. Stern and all may see trouble. I say go total local. Dem locals eh join FPATT so d go do JW bidding
Weary i not in that nah!!! if is ah overwelming local team then i not wasting meh time to even talk WCQ football with T&T, let alone watch a solitary game, BC that go bring back to much bad memories of us getting wacked by teams i fackin hate with a passion , like mexico and stinkin costa rica. WHO THE FACK HAVE TIME FOR THAT BULL SHYT AGAIN!! stuuueeepppsss.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:28:31 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
not because a man like sancho who does not have a club should just get leave out. He might be plenty better than the local based still.

you talking about a man who start all the world cup games so everthing have to be considered.

it is not like we is France and picking man based on form.

we need to bring back all we players and see where they are,

jones score one goal for the year, you go leave him out?

carlos play like 2 games you go leave him out?

bring back everybody

When last Sancho kick ball fuh a team?

Besides....de reality is....Jackula does say who eligible and who not and right now....accordin to Jackula, Sancho NOT ELIGIBLE fuh T&T. 

Jackula seh dem fellas too ole.  He call out Shaka and Sancho (alldoh he claim to fuhget Sancho name) specifically.

Watch sharp....Stern mightn't get call needah.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:34:38 PM by palos »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Exactamundo Palos

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Nah let me bring things into some perspective here.

The young fellas play decent and we can groom them but June too close...and England too strong.

the lil 16yr old left back was eaten up by Marshall and all the English wingers will tear him up.

Daniel decent but he ent ready yet. Same as Hyland.

All these players are good potential due to their age but they need more experience. More competive games, more fitness and more size on their frame...plus good habits...(hard to get in TT but not impossible)

Also while I find the youths play good....this was relative to the opposition at hand.

They still in form 1 but looking good to make the jump and go to form 3 special stream class...they ent pass O or A levels yet and the TT team as a whole now repeat A levels and looking to see if they could do better..... With a new form teacher and the same principal.

We cannot expect the fellas to sit the exam and pass one time...they need practice tests...and they need advice from the older ones...to pass on their old notes and give them past papers etc.

So essentially they can be brought up to speed to match the rest of the class, while some drop out, some get penalised and some just cant make the grade.

This subject different....in that once you ent practicing you does lose it fast...also if you doing yuh remedial and extra lessons in a 2 x 4 class you will not be prepared properly.

Also too man gettin injured. So my thing is this....have plenty lil spot quiz and small exam...that way when the finals come on June 1st men go be ready. When the new term start with the opening exam Bermuda 101 we go be ready.

I am for the strongest team possible and the hopefuls as bench players.

Ince is my keeper. Jan Michael, Durance and Marvin Phillip to battle for 2 and 3.

Avery still cyar be replaced as a left back...Cyd is still my starter once he foot heal. Nigel Daniel have a free kick and been tru the wars.

Tallest have to play and one of the new center backs to play with him to learn..Hislop, Thomas and yes Atiba Charles still useful.

Call back the swansea fella...Kevin Austin..try him for a game.

Call back Boucaud and Shakes...even self for a game.

The other fellas in Belgium with the keeper...see if they could try a thing.

BRING BACK BIRCHALL
...yuh need he hustle, running back, tackling ability and long range bullet. Doe study if he first touch like a wall or a rapist. Other men with silky touch cyar do the other things he could do...one less ent go make a difference....Birchalls positives far outweigh the negative aspects of his game.

Carlos, Darryl, Sealy, the new fella Patterson, Glenn and I calling back Hardest to show us some passing..just 1-2 games to see if he ketch heself.

Stern is a must. He will pot goals. He still doing it and is among the top scorers in his division with little or no service.

Whitley.

Scotland

I liked a fella from Gold Cup..Romauld Aguillera why he never get another chance even though he was one of the better men on the field.

Trent Noel was handling it.

Give Tinto a chance.

It harsh to say this but we could rest a few men...Samuel, Theobold, Spann, Power, Dwayne Jack, Toussaint could hold strain.

I think we all know who cutting the mustard and who shitting dong they tail. Everybody get they Charity sweat and they ent have no time left for man to Improve or play themselves into the role.

After Bermuda is USA, Guatemala and Cuba. We cyar lapse...all of those games is a moment of brilliance and hard teamwork to grind out a result. We ent winning none comfortably, but our pedigree players will have the "mental" advantage over our opponents. Kenwyne is the player all the other teams going and do homework on...he will put fear into them....that is why...Stern go poison them quiet..or Scotland or Roberts. 

Foreign based for me still.....once them fellas get a week or 5 days training they will be potent, the locals still not up to par.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Touchesina world without JW etal u would b spot on. However as dey around it go b a short ride dis time around. 

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
                                Williams

Cupid            Telesford           James            N. Daniel

Whitley

Edwards                             K. Daniel

Roberts

Jones                 John

Phillips
K. Thomas
Williams
Tinto
Hyland
Scotland
Samuel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

BRING BACK BIRCHALL
...yuh need he hustle, running back, tackling ability and long range bullet. Doe study if he first touch like a wall or a rapist. Other men with silky touch cyar do the other things he could do...one less ent go make a difference....Birchalls positives far outweigh the negative aspects of his game.

thank you  :beermug:
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
                                Williams

Cupid            Telesford           James            N. Daniel

Whitley

Edwards                             K. Daniel

Roberts

Jones                 John

Phillips
K. Thomas
Williams
Tinto
Hyland
Scotland
Samuel

I ent mad at dat line-up. I'd rather have Tallest (if he available) and Keyeno in central defence fuh de experience, but the rest look like something I would go with.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 07:52:45 PM by Dry So »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

BRING BACK BIRCHALL

thank you  :beermug:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Nah let me bring things into some perspective here.

The young fellas play decent and we can groom them but June too close...and England too strong.

the lil 16yr old left back was eaten up by Marshall and all the English wingers will tear him up.

Daniel decent but he ent ready yet. Same as Hyland.

All these players are good potential due to their age but they need more experience. More competive games, more fitness and more size on their frame...plus good habits...(hard to get in TT but not impossible)

Also while I find the youths play good....this was relative to the opposition at hand.

They still in form 1 but looking good to make the jump and go to form 3 special stream class...they ent pass O or A levels yet and the TT team as a whole now repeat A levels and looking to see if they could do better..... With a new form teacher and the same principal.

We cannot expect the fellas to sit the exam and pass one time...they need practice tests...and they need advice from the older ones...to pass on their old notes and give them past papers etc.

So essentially they can be brought up to speed to match the rest of the class, while some drop out, some get penalised and some just cant make the grade.

This subject different....in that once you ent practicing you does lose it fast...also if you doing yuh remedial and extra lessons in a 2 x 4 class you will not be prepared properly.

Also too man gettin injured. So my thing is this....have plenty lil spot quiz and small exam...that way when the finals come on June 1st men go be ready. When the new term start with the opening exam Bermuda 101 we go be ready.

I am for the strongest team possible and the hopefuls as bench players.

Ince is my keeper. Jan Michael, Durance and Marvin Phillip to battle for 2 and 3.

Avery still cyar be replaced as a left back...Cyd is still my starter once he foot heal. Nigel Daniel have a free kick and been tru the wars.

Tallest have to play and one of the new center backs to play with him to learn..Hislop, Thomas and yes Atiba Charles still useful.

Call back the swansea fella...Kevin Austin..try him for a game.

Call back Boucaud and Shakes...even self for a game.

The other fellas in Belgium with the keeper...see if they could try a thing.

BRING BACK BIRCHALL

Carlos, Darryl, Sealy, the new fella Patterson, Glenn and I calling back Hardest to show us some passing..just 1-2 games to see if he ketch heself.

Stern is a must. He will pot goals. He still doing it and is among the top scorers in his division with little or no service.

Whitley.

Scotland

I liked a fella from Gold Cup..Romauld Aguillera why he never get another chance even though he was one of the better men on the field.

Trent Noel was handling it.

Give Tinto a chance.

It harsh to say this but we could rest a few men...Samuel, Theobold, Spann, Power, Dwayne Jack, Toussaint could hold strain.

I think we all know who cutting the mustard and who shitting dong they tail. Everybody get they Charity sweat and they ent have no time left for man to Improve or play themselves into the role.

After Bermuda is USA, Guatemala and Cuba. We cyar lapse...all of those games is a moment of brilliance and hard teamwork to grind out a result. We ent winning none comfortably, but our pedigree players will have the "mental" advantage over our opponents. Kenwyne is the player all the other teams going and do homework on...he will put fear into them....that is why...Stern go poison them quiet..or Scotland or Roberts. 

Foreign based for me still.....once them fellas get a week or 5 days training they will be potent, the locals still not up to par.

Hold some perspective here.

1 - Cyd Gray & Seon Power BADLY injured.  Yuh eh seein dem in action till maybe 2009

2 - When last Avery play a competitive match?  Yeah he experienced but if he not playin, he cyah jes ups so and waltz een de team.  He eh DAT good or de replacements eh DAT bad.

3 - Kevin Austin?  Ricky Shakes?  Hardest?  Andre Boucaud?  WTF?  When last Hardest train?   Wit who?  Nex ting u go be tellin we bring back Faustin.  Ah mean..if yuh bringin foreign base...bring men who PLAYIN nah.  Even if dey mostly ridin pine like Theobald.

4 - No argument here from me re: Birchall.  However, de REALITY is dat Alvin find he is a shit hong and Alvin son is a coach on de national team, Maturana and Alvin is padnah, and Maturana go lissen if Alvin say he eh no good.  So Birchie is toast.

5 - Wit Latas and Yorke playin, de England match is a quasi fete match wit de MAIN PURPOSE bein to generate de highest price of admission EVER for a football game in T&T.  Preparation fuh de WCQ against Bermuda is incidental.  Hell...Jackula might even give McComie a run.

6 - Aguilera is a good shout.

1]; } ?>