March 29, 2024, 01:48:00 AM

Author Topic: How many foreign based players should coach Maturana select for June 15?  (Read 11335 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
4 - No argument here from me re: Birchall.  However, de REALITY is dat Alvin find he is a shit hong and Alvin son is a coach on de national team, Maturana and Alvin is padnah, and Maturana go lissen if Alvin say he eh no good.  So Birchie is toast.
u know what does get me, when beenie was in charge they didnt say he was shit, or at least to his face, the man save we ass when we was losing to Bahrain, sometimes yuh wonder what a man have to do to prove himself, ah just hope by some twist of faith they give the man a call, at least give d man a chance.

Actually breddrin, Alvin did say Birchie was not good enough to be a national player and that there were several local based players who were better than him.  Repeatedly.  During commentaries on the game and afterwards in interviews.

i guess he must be was vex when he score against Bahrain lol :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
4 - No argument here from me re: Birchall.  However, de REALITY is dat Alvin find he is a shit hong and Alvin son is a coach on de national team, Maturana and Alvin is padnah, and Maturana go lissen if Alvin say he eh no good.  So Birchie is toast.
u know what does get me, when beenie was in charge they didnt say he was shit, or at least to his face, the man save we ass when we was losing to Bahrain, sometimes yuh wonder what a man have to do to prove himself, ah just hope by some twist of faith they give the man a call, at least give d man a chance.

Actually breddrin, Alvin did say Birchie was not good enough to be a national player and that there were several local based players who were better than him.  Repeatedly.  During commentaries on the game and afterwards in interviews.

i guess he must be was vex when he score against Bahrain lol :D

Actually, DHW....he did say he was vex when he release de bullet against Bahrain...he just wanted to ease de frustration he was feeling....and take it out on de ball.... :) :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
JustCool, men just talking bredda. Yuh making real sense. I watched the Ash Wednesday game and not one of them young players ready. The potential is there, but not ready. Who in their right mind will pick players with potential to face players (England, USA, Mexico, Canada etc..) with who performing right now.

I listened to the El Salvador game and we weren't put under any true pressure. As it stands the USA Olympic team will hammer our senior team that just played Jamdown.

You will pick Akiel Edwards over Avery John? Makan Hislop over Brent Sancho? Hyland over Chris Birchall? Randi Patterson Over Scotland, Stern, Jones, John or Glen? Jan over Ince? Can't be serious.
Let's settle the matter with a game. Play the locals vs the Old, has been players and let's see the outcome. Everyone playing for their position.

Ince
       ?        Sancho   Tallest        Avery

Edwards         Birchall    Whitley    Spann   

Stern       JOnes
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Let's settle the matter with a game. Play the locals vs the Old, has been players and let's see the outcome. Everyone playing for their position.

Dat sound like a serious recipe for break foot...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Che u obviously cyah recognize sarcasm. I would luv 2 see Birchall back in d RWB but I eh holdin meh breath
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
JustCool, men just talking bredda. Yuh making real sense. I watched the Ash Wednesday game and not one of them young players ready. The potential is there, but not ready. Who in their right mind will pick players with potential to face players (England, USA, Mexico, Canada etc..) with who performing right now.

I listened to the El Salvador game and we weren't put under any true pressure. As it stands the USA Olympic team will hammer our senior team that just played Jamdown.

You will pick Akiel Edwards over Avery John? Makan Hislop over Brent Sancho? Hyland over Chris Birchall? Randi Patterson Over Scotland, Stern, Jones, John or Glen? Jan over Ince? Can't be serious.

Ince

Stern       JOnes

Boss team. :applause:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile

Ince

Stern       JOnes

Boss team. :applause:

Spann?  ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Try this:-

Ince
Cyd     Sancho   Tallest        Avery

Edwards         Birchall    Whitley    Samuel   

Stern       JOnes

Marv and Spann on the benh

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Allyuh being nostalgic.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile

Ince

Stern       JOnes

You self bro.  U livin in T&T. U does go football.

U probably more dan anybody else in touch wit wha really goin on.

And u STILL pickin Cyd Gray when U KNOW he badly injured and cyah play fuh months?

U ALSO KNOW as long as Jackula breathin, eh no way Brent Sancho playin fuh T&T.

Whaz dah one horse?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
if spann can`t make that sh*t side we no call up for he forget sancho me mom, please people time for we start picking men on present form and not past perfomances, if them fellas can`t make them english they should have came home play for some local teams

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
allyuh forget Birchall was not a regular at Port Vale in 2005
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile

Ince

Stern       JOnes

NO Darryl Roberts?..............this side ent have no credability....yuh lorse plenty marks brian!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
if spann can`t make that sh*t side we no call up for he forget sancho me mom, please people time for we start picking men on present form and not past perfomances, if them fellas can`t make them english they should have came home play for some local teams

Which one of the players on the team which beat draw with Jamaica playing on an English League team?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design

Ince
Cyd     Sancho   Tallest        Avery

Stern       JOnes

NO Darryl Roberts?
He never play in de World Cup. We have that spot reserve for Anthony Wolfe.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 08:50:54 PM by Dry So »

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Allyuh being nostalgic.

EXACTLY!

Nobody being Nostalgic,you yuh self Palos,this side beating both teams,the one that draw against Jamaica and Jamaica.
Nostalgic ?  ....Stern ? Calos ? KJ ? Birchall ? Whitley ? Avery ? Ince ? Sancho ? Tallest ?
Ah cud see yuh view on Sancho and Cyd but IMO Sancho and Tallest and Avery cud start  before ANY defender we have right now.Yes Sancho without a club so becuz of that he shud not be invited back to training camp.His last gig with the TnT national team was 'starting center half' in the WC,so now he forget how to play ball.We need to use our best players until they retire or until the youths show they cud replace them.Making a full scale change becuz Maturana want to play youth is not not the answer,at least not while we have PROS that performing.Is maddness to think that Scotty,Stern and KJ won't be our frontline.That is our most potent frontline and will destroy any defense in de region.Spann show what he cud do when playing for the national team.DY perform great for his clubs but never really shine on the national stage.Well Spann is just de opposite and should be included in the squad becuz he performs well for TnT IMO. Birchall already show his worth to the team (f@ck Alvin Corneal HHMC) he's a ball winner, hard tackler and cud let it fly when needed,he deserve a call,he's a WC player still.
Jack is de only jackass that cud f@ck up we hopes of going to SA.If he want to leave out players becuz of badmind, that doh mean those players eh good enough to make the team.The youths show they have class and they make meh proud but if I going up against the likes of USA,Mexico,Costa Rica,Haiti or Cuba in a meaningful game I want meh guns playing and not expierementing with ah youth team.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 11:51:00 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Ince

Stern       JOnes
Yes meh breddren thanx for the vote of confidence. those men who want the inexperience youths over the veterans have to remember that big teams like brazil and france does mix the old with the new so they could get ah real balance.

take forinstance Lillian tauram , Patrick veara and ZIZU, them men had to come back to ensure frances chance of WC 06, and rest the youths, cause them fellas doh panic and they not scared to play ball with confidence.

Juan , emersen, roberto carlos, and Ronaldo, braught the same balance to brazil in 06, and as every body know , defenders have more longevity in the game as opposed to forwards and mids.

BTW i putting daryl Roberts over spann, and hyland over birchall, sancho carreer done so dog taking his place , avery on the Lam so ian cox or akile edwards go play there and spann could play the right back positin since in my book he's a better defender than an attacker. no direspect.

all yuh forgetting one thing , them fellas used to concede goals early BC they really didn't understand the game well, not until Don Loe showed them how to handle and organize a defence, and with time at it, they become ah wall unit.

yuh can't see how dificult it was for them big teams to penetrate in the WC, and now we want to throw that away to start over. to me that doh make sense period!                         positive.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:53:25 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A lil nostaglia nice some times
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Seriously fellas, a team like the one aginst JA will get murdered against Mex. and the USA. If Hyland playing in the middle then you have to get an experience player to go alongside him....( Yorke?). The defense WILL need the likes of Tallest and Sancho to help bring them along. We have 2 years to get there and we have to be smart. The young guys cannot get it done by themselves, we need the depth in experience.

Ince
Cyd     Sancho   Tallest        Avery

Stern       JOnes

NO Darryl Roberts?..............this side ent have no credability....yuh lorse plenty marks brian!

Guess 2006 WC was nothing special. How come? What have the new team achieved to give them credibility?
Men not being nostalgic.......when I post the team I was not thinking about the TTFF and all that, I was putting forward some of the better players who can ASSIST us in a long and tedious qualification to the 2010 WC.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
so wha yuh go do for 2014 now...start with ah completely new Team, wait yuh go still have KJ & Birchall, cause nobody could never be better than ah man who see 2 WC team...etc..etc... frenzes, if we are to see our future, is against Bermuda & Jamaica we have to play our youths,...when we get to the big games, we play our best, whoever the best is judged to be at that point..I feel we will produce more & brighter stars this way, unless we want to sit and wait for 1 Latapy or 1 Stern etc...why not have 3 possible, though not quite Sterns to chose from..buh if they never see fire, dem & we bong get..
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 12:23:09 PM by maxg »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
1 - Me eh studyin Mexico, USA or none a dem teams right now because RIGHT NOW...we doh have to play dem because we eh qualify to play dem yet.  I concentratin on Bermuda on June 15.

2 - I jes bein REALISTIC wit regards to team selections because as long as Jackula have breath in he body, players like Brent Sancho NOT playin fuh T&T unless someting drastic change.  It have nutting to do wit whether Sancho capable or not.  My point is wha is de sense playin yuh pickin Sancho, Gray, Birchall etc when dem CYAH PLAY due to circumstances beyond dem control.  I will always have Birchall in my T&T team but once Alvin have a say (and he do), dat eh happenin.

3 - I wouldn't be surprised if Jack wit he bad mind self decide to put players like Lawrence & Stern etc out to pasture needah sayin dem too ole.

4 - As fuh Avery, yeah he have experience and maybe he could still contribute and maybe he is still de best option at left back dat we have, but at some point we have to find replacements for these guys so blooding players and throwin dem in de fire is all good.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2014 Brazil  by dat time FPATT will b well on its way so JW will have 2 wuk harder to mess wit we players. I will b at every WCQ but unlike d last time meh expectations lower than d white line in d road.

1]; } ?>