June 15, 2024, 09:13:24 PM

Author Topic: Most underated and underestimated TT player  (Read 5953 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Most underated and underestimated TT player
« on: April 01, 2008, 06:51:16 AM »
For me it is Darryl Roberts, people only talking about Kenwyne and Carlos and even Scotland but we aint even mentioning a guy who playing in the Eredivesie. 

I heard some people talking about he aint all that and that he have to play for a Trinidad first team to prove himself and i want to know what shit is that!!

From what i see in this player, he is a gem and he will be key to us qualifying for the world cup in 2010.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Most underated and underestimated TT player
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 06:58:15 AM »
Freakazoid  ::) ::) ;D

buh seriously  ah have to agree with yuh there and that just shows the luxury we have in the striking departmment
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 07:14:51 AM »
Yuh know what the funny thing is, we always call for our players to move away from the British leagues cause it doh suit thier style etc. But because of the hype and access to those same british teams. Our few players who are not in the british leagues rarely get the exposure even on this forum.

Clear example, a Swansea game sometimes gets its own thread. Roberts barely gets a mention in our Trinis in Action thread.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 07:20:16 AM »
as a ol proleague man i go have to say

w connections clyde leon

consistent by far a better holding midfielder than hyland noel and theobald

i think given a real chance he could light up the tnt midfield

hope mats going some opening games this weekend
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 07:27:46 AM »
For me it is Darryl Roberts, people only talking about Kenwyne and Carlos and even Scotland but we aint even mentioning a guy who playing in the Eredivesie. 

I heard some people talking about he aint all that and that he have to play for a Trinidad first team to prove himself and i want to know what shit is that!!

From what i see in this player, he is a gem and he will be key to us qualifying for the world cup in 2010.

ah love it!!

ah don't think is that ppl are underating him, as much as it's a problem of media, marketing and selection. We get and see regular reports of Jones, John & Edwards. An though Roberts is playing at one of the highest leagues, in terms of media coverage, it is not covered as much as English, Italian, Spanish, not even France, Portugal or Brazilian leagues etc....
He most likely will be called, and thus the real showcase is when ? At that 1st Team callout, when presented with all the players in front of him, any good coach wouldn't pick KJ because the British press say he running better, or for a clearer ref., his style of play is more suitable to what the coach have in mind, than A Roberts pour exmp...
If in that situation Roberts is showing the attrib. the coach desires, I doh think the coach would say, buh Jones get more press last week..

Thus I can see why many ppl would feel that Roberts or any player have to prove himself, in Front of the National team coach and rest of selectors, not as simply as you put, making a 1st Team selecao..

nb: Any coach who was willing to look at Whitley, given the reports (no good press at all) and recent history, just based on what he saw the man could do on tape, ah couple months back, is considering everybody, as far as I'm concerned..

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 07:29:48 AM »
Clear example, a Swansea game sometimes gets its own thread. Roberts barely gets a mention in our Trinis in Action thread.

I agree with you and know where you coming from, but most of Darryl's games take place on Friday or Sunday, and Spart doh play 3 times a week either
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 06:46:38 AM »
That is no excuse, midknight, imagine people still picking teams and putting players like colin samuel and spann in it and leaving de man out totally.

I really cant understand that!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 06:59:53 AM »
That is no excuse, midknight, imagine people still picking teams and putting players like colin samuel and spann in it and leaving de man out totally.

I really cant understand that!!

xcuse meh eh, buh hard enuff to imagine, but is ah reality I doh get either.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 07:27:03 AM »
I think is because we see him when he make his debut for the Shell Cup and he looking like one of them men who just get a lucly break coz he was not better than the other men on the side. But maybe he develop his game a lot.

At least we see them other men shine already, even if it was vriefly. Roberts has always been ordinary, but consistently so which is better than a man who varies from real good to real crap (Samuel). But it doesn't get you recognition.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 07:37:23 AM »

w connections clyde leon

i totally agree....he is one of the most improved players in trinidad football...since playing in princes town he has matured alot...funny though this guy once played basball for trinidad at one piont....lol....not many people know that though....

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 07:38:26 AM »
Andre I don't wanna be the devils advocate but I thought he did ok in the shell cup when he displaced sealey, but since then I can't really say he did anything special for the team. His performance in the gold cup didn't impress me and against the yardies recently he still didn't impress me. He looked a lil weak. I've no doubt about his commitment but his consistency leaves alot to be desired. I think he is being played out of position I think he may do a better job in midfield to me he doesn't strike me as being a dangerous striker despite scoring against psv etc.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 08:07:39 AM »
i would have to say Jason Scotland..

I mean.. Have we ever had a striker who has gotten 30 goals a season at any level since Yorke? Also consistently atop the charts in the Scottish 2nd division..

Men crying down de records bout how they were in lower leagues, but those lower leagues are better than anything we have to offer in the PFL and probably even equivalent to the MLS..

All that and de man cyah even get a full 90 mins on our national team and consistently being mentioned behind at least 3 or 4 forwards to start for us..

I would say Darryl is more 'underappreciated' than underated, but Scotty has been doing it consistently anywhere he's gone yet still does get the pips he should be.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »

w connections clyde leon

I saw leon play in few games, not very many. He impressed me very much. How old is he ?

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 08:31:08 AM »
cud easily be about 26 i think

not to sure but old enough
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 08:42:08 AM »
" J Cloth" dat man put in overtime game in game out, secured the midfield and score some big goals
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Phensic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 09:25:12 AM »
Colvin Hutchinson
Terry St. Louis
Kerry Jamerson

There was a youth from St. Anthonys decades ago that I thought had real promise - Miguel Mitchel

From the other side of the pond, I feel Kieran Richardson is underrated and should be in the England squad.

My 2-cents

Cheers

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 10:43:54 AM »
Yuh know what the funny thing is, we always call for our players to move away from the British leagues cause it doh suit thier style etc.....

Since when  ???
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 11:02:39 AM »
Hutson Charles

Offline whistler91

• Full Warrior
  • Love, Respect, Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 11:22:31 AM »
I will have to agree with Darryl Roberts also. I don't think that it is a coincidence that he got such a great opportunity coming out of college. I have seen him play both college and nationals, and have seen a few clips from his games since at Sparta and I believe that he is a strong contender for being one of our star strikers. He may not have the most attractive brand on the field (yet), however he is technically sound and with time and especially exposure, his game will be further developed and hopefully he will have a successful national career.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:24:59 AM by whistler91 »
“There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.”

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 11:25:41 AM »
I'll have to agree with andrea, Daryl Roberts has been totally ignored when men choosing their team and it always seem to amaze me. besides yorke, latas, and shaka, he's the only youth that went from trini to europe straight to a starting line up in the top flight.

could you imagine how talented you have to be to get in the eridivisie on yuh first shot, while we have talented men still trying to break through to top flight, i'll have to say Daryll is the most underated.                                                                       positive.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:27:27 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 11:43:34 AM »
Andre I don't wanna be the devils advocate but I thought he did ok in the shell cup when he displaced sealey, but since then I can't really say he did anything special for the team. His performance in the gold cup didn't impress me and against the yardies recently he still didn't impress me. He looked a lil weak. I've no doubt about his commitment but his consistency leaves alot to be desired. I think he is being played out of position I think he may do a better job in midfield to me he doesn't strike me as being a dangerous striker despite scoring against psv etc.

I think this shows just underrated he is...i figga under all ppl think he doesn't really have an impact..but if i rememeber correctly darryl had an assist in the jamaica game and win rel freekick for us in dangerous areas.. i also think he was one of our better playersin the 4-0 drubbing we got from costa rica last year...i also think he's played out of position for us...but you're right he doesn't exactly set the world alight..but he does perform creditably for the team..so i agree he is unerrated by locals...

and i agree wid jason scotland being underrated as well...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 12:39:29 PM »

Men crying down de records bout how they were in lower leagues, but those lower leagues are better than anything we have to offer in the PFL and probably even equivalent to the MLS..

Doubt that very much...

Agree that Scotland is underrated though.... I render a guess that the better MLS teams beating anything in the bottom 5-6 of the EPL and anything outside/below the EPL, and competing stride for stride with any thing from EPL position 7/8 downward...... But that is another discussion based on alotta speculation....agree Scotty should be getting more attention. The man is a prolific goalscorer with good touch who for a few seasons now has appeared to be playing above the level of his competition...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:42:05 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 12:41:12 PM »
For me.....between Birchall and Scotland.

I think most objective people do realize the added value Birchall brings to the T&T squad

But Scotty typically gets little respect from anyone.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 01:04:16 PM »
An MLS team cannot compete with the lower 5/6 EPL teams

there is a big difference between playing a practice game and playing at the level day in and day out.
FA cup is an example of that.
A lower division club can pip a top club but they cannot do it day in and Day out.

the best MLS team will struggle to avoid relegation from the championship.

All you have to do is look at the fact that they best players in MLS are bit part players in EPL teams.

On an MLS team you usually only have 2 at most star players.

Dempsey, Johnson, Mc bride Bocrenegra are good examples at Fulham.

They were the best of MLS and are squad players in one of the worst EPL teams.

There is a big gap if we are talking about day in and day out competing.
Which is different than performing in a practice game.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »
An MLS team cannot compete with the lower 5/6 EPL teams

there is a big difference between playing a practice game and playing at the level day in and day out.
FA cup is an example of that.
A lower division club can pip a top club but they cannot do it day in and Day out.

the best MLS team will struggle to avoid relegation from the championship.

All you have to do is look at the fact that they best players in MLS are bit part players in EPL teams.

On an MLS team you usually only have 2 at most star players.

Dempsey, Johnson, Mc bride Bocrenegra are good examples at Fulham.

They were the best of MLS and are squad players in one of the worst EPL teams.

There is a big gap if we are talking about day in and day out competing.
Which is different than performing in a practice game.

this is a really good observation

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 01:13:26 PM »
Whitley..... I still believe that he has a real quality about him that a lot of us tend to overlook.....if only he can get and keep his head on straight.. Thank goodness for Mat....

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 01:56:45 PM »

Doubt that very much...

Agree that Scotland is underrated though.... I render a guess that the better MLS teams beating anything in the bottom 5-6 of the EPL and anything outside/below the EPL, and competing stride for stride with any thing from EPL position 7/8 downward...... But that is another discussion based on alotta speculation....agree Scotty should be getting more attention. The man is a prolific goalscorer with good touch who for a few seasons now has appeared to be playing above the level of his competition...

Madness kicker ,pure madness ,yuh waste ah guess dey  !!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 01:58:55 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2008, 02:27:50 PM »
Doubt that very much...

I render a guess that the better MLS teams beating anything in the bottom 5-6 of the EPL and anything outside/below the EPL, and competing stride for stride with any thing from EPL position 7/8 downward......

Bottom 5/6? Up to a few days ago that included Newcastle and Sunderland...no way DC United and Houston Dynamo could handle Michael Owen and Kenwyne Jones
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2008, 05:44:58 PM »
against the yardies recently he still didn't impress me. He looked a lil weak. I've no doubt about his commitment but his consistency leaves alot to be desired.
I wouldn't want to have you for a boss dread.
If Roberts "looked a little weak" is because the Jamaicans were roughing him up seriously as that was the only way they coulda get the ball from him. And he wasn't falling down and giving away the ball. He was drawing fouls in dangerous positions for Whitley, Cupid and Daniel to exploit.
He also passed on a perfect flick to Telesford for the first goal despite having 2 men on him.

It very easy to fade out of a game after you get bodyslam every time you touch the ball. To his credit, he never did and fought for the 90 minutes. I believe that at PSV he more often plays as a winger/ second striker, so he may be out of position, but the very fact that he has been scoring creditably for them in that position is proof that he has quality. When you add the quality of the league and the jump he has made, he cooking with gas...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2008, 05:55:09 PM »
From the other side of the pond, I feel Kieran Richardson is underrated and should be in the England squad.

Kieran "mih first touch heavier than Jack Warner tongue and and mih shot selection more questionable than Martin Joseph handling of the crime situation" Richardson?

I admit that he's one of Sunderland's more creative players, and England badly off, but they ent reach that bad yet. Plus the youth was weighed and found wanting. Let him pass CXC this time before you put him to sit Cambridge...

1]; } ?>