June 15, 2024, 09:16:26 PM

Author Topic: Most underated and underestimated TT player  (Read 5954 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Most underated and underestimated TT player
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 06:02:23 PM »
Doubt that very much...

I render a guess that the better MLS teams beating anything in the bottom 5-6 of the EPL and anything outside/below the EPL, and competing stride for stride with any thing from EPL position 7/8 downward......

Bottom 5/6? Up to a few days ago that included Newcastle and Sunderland...no way DC United and Houston Dynamo could handle Michael Owen and Kenwyne Jones

Well they not in the bottom 5/6 now so what's yuh point?  ;)

.....and Kenwyne Jones good eh...but "DC United & Dynamo can't handle Jones" ?- That kinda statement will land Jones in the "most overrated player" thread...but I eh going there, because that is a useless debate against "logic-less" patriotism....and Michael Owen - ain't nuttin' special currently- At the moment he's living on past reputation and what people know he can do

Anyways like ah say I just speculating and I could be very wrong- I eh really care and all o' allyuh guessin' too, but I don't think so so highly of the teams outside of the top 8 (ok maybe 10  :D) in the EPL (in general, so give or take nah....  ;D), I don't think the best teams in the MLS are that bad, and I certainly don't think that Jason Scotland (Swansea City- league 1) is playing at the same level as the MLS.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 06:07:36 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 06:05:28 PM »
against the yardies recently he still didn't impress me. He looked a lil weak. I've no doubt about his commitment but his consistency leaves alot to be desired.
I wouldn't want to have you for a boss dread.
If Roberts "looked a little weak" is because the Jamaicans were roughing him up seriously as that was the only way they coulda get the ball from him. And he wasn't falling down and giving away the ball. He was drawing fouls in dangerous positions for Whitley, Cupid and Daniel to exploit.
He also passed on a perfect flick to Telesford for the first goal despite having 2 men on him.

It very easy to fade out of a game after you get bodyslam every time you touch the ball. To his credit, he never did and fought for the 90 minutes. I believe that at PSV he more often plays as a winger/ second striker, so he may be out of position, but the very fact that he has been scoring creditably for them in that position is proof that he has quality. When you add the quality of the league and the jump he has made, he cooking with gas...
You mean Sparta, but yeah... he usually play on the right side of a 4-3-3 kinda in second striker/attacking midfielder role, running past de target striker for flick-ons and such.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 06:11:15 PM »
An MLS team cannot compete with the lower 5/6 EPL teams

there is a big difference between playing a practice game and playing at the level day in and day out.
FA cup is an example of that.
A lower division club can pip a top club but they cannot do it day in and Day out.

the best MLS team will struggle to avoid relegation from the championship.

All you have to do is look at the fact that they best players in MLS are bit part players in EPL teams.

On an MLS team you usually only have 2 at most star players.

Dempsey, Johnson, Mc bride Bocrenegra are good examples at Fulham.

They were the best of MLS and are squad players in one of the worst EPL teams.

There is a big gap if we are talking about day in and day out competing.
Which is different than performing in a practice game.

Do you think that David Beckham will cruise through the MLS and look a cut above the rest? Or is he not of EPL quality anymore?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 06:13:09 PM by kicker »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 06:11:36 PM »
against the yardies recently he still didn't impress me. He looked a lil weak. I've no doubt about his commitment but his consistency leaves alot to be desired.
I wouldn't want to have you for a boss dread.
If Roberts "looked a little weak" is because the Jamaicans were roughing him up seriously as that was the only way they coulda get the ball from him. And he wasn't falling down and giving away the ball. He was drawing fouls in dangerous positions for Whitley, Cupid and Daniel to exploit.
He also passed on a perfect flick to Telesford for the first goal despite having 2 men on him.

It very easy to fade out of a game after you get bodyslam every time you touch the ball. To his credit, he never did and fought for the 90 minutes. I believe that at PSV he more often plays as a winger/ second striker, so he may be out of position, but the very fact that he has been scoring creditably for them in that position is proof that he has quality. When you add the quality of the league and the jump he has made, he cooking with gas...
You mean Sparta, but yeah... he usually play on the right side of a 4-3-3 kinda in second striker/attacking midfielder role, running past de target striker for flick-ons and such.

Freudian slip...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2008, 06:18:55 PM »

Doubt that very much...

Agree that Scotland is underrated though.... I render a guess that the better MLS teams beating anything in the bottom 5-6 of the EPL and anything outside/below the EPL, and competing stride for stride with any thing from EPL position 7/8 downward...... But that is another discussion based on alotta speculation....

I must admit, this has to be your worst post.......lol.  Yuh is meh boy but nah man, MLS? nah nah nah!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 06:24:11 PM »
I'll give the most underrated player award to Birchall. Having him in the middle to do the dog work made a big impact on our last WC campaign and I feel like people forgetting about him already.

To touch on the other topics:

1. The thing about Daryl is he plays and thinks faster than a lot of the current Soca Warriors. When he gets the ball he releases it quickly and moves off the ball. Doesn't look very exciting, but I think its a quality that sets him above a lot our players in the eyes of a coach. You hardly ever see him dally on the ball.

2. I doubt any MLS team could survive relegation in the EPL.

3. What I said about Daryl compared to some of the current Soca Warriors, seems to apply to Beckham and the MLS. I watched the 1st half of the last game where Galaxy get 4 and it looked like Beckham was a step ahead of the rest of the team in speed of play and thinking. Before he got the ball he knew what he was going to do and he would make the game look simple, whereas other players would take more touches to make the same play.

Will Beckham will cruise through the mls? In the last game he looked like he was cruising. It certainly wasn't reflected in the result for his team but as an individual he looked a cut above the rest.

And here's a lil report I found on two of our underachieving, if not underrated, players.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/wrexham-fc/2008/03/27/wrexham-reserves-win-away-55578-20678909/

Wrexham reserves win away

Mar 27 2008 by Rob Griffiths, Daily Post

A BRACE from Silvio Spann and one from Josh Johnson saw Wrexham reserves claim a 3-0 away win last night over Accrington Stanley.
Trinidadian Spann set up countryman Johnson on 23 minutes to open the scoring after his cross from the right was just too far in front of youngster Alex Darlington and Johnson tapped home at the far post.

Spann made it 2-0 10 minutes later when his free kick on the edge of the area, after Marc Williams had been brought down, took a wicked deflection and looped into the back of the net.

And then Spann added a third on the hour mark with a thunderbolt of a strike from fully 40 yards after breaking quickly from the back.
Keeper Anthony Williams made a number of good saves and also kept out a 90th-minute penalty from David Brown after Danny Williams had been adjudged to have handled on the line.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2008, 06:32:55 PM »

Doubt that very much...

Agree that Scotland is underrated though.... I render a guess that the better MLS teams beating anything in the bottom 5-6 of the EPL and anything outside/below the EPL, and competing stride for stride with any thing from EPL position 7/8 downward...... But that is another discussion based on alotta speculation....

I must admit, this has to be your worst post.......lol.  Yuh is meh boy but nah man, MLS? nah nah nah!!

:rotfl: hard luck...ah making a bold guess.....I standing by it too....though the truth is probably somewhere in between my aggressive assertion and the general immediate dismissal.....but I think atmosphere plays a big part in our perception of the quality of football we're watching. Throw an MLS game in Anfield type atmosphere and it probably woudn't look too much different to Middlesborough v Reading.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 06:58:33 PM »
An MLS team cannot compete with the lower 5/6 EPL teams

there is a big difference between playing a practice game and playing at the level day in and day out.
FA cup is an example of that.
A lower division club can pip a top club but they cannot do it day in and Day out.

the best MLS team will struggle to avoid relegation from the championship.

All you have to do is look at the fact that they best players in MLS are bit part players in EPL teams.

On an MLS team you usually only have 2 at most star players.

Dempsey, Johnson, Mc bride Bocrenegra are good examples at Fulham.

They were the best of MLS and are squad players in one of the worst EPL teams.

There is a big gap if we are talking about day in and day out competing.
Which is different than performing in a practice game.

Do you think that David Beckham will cruise through the MLS and look a cut above the rest? Or is he not of EPL quality anymore?

Yuh really going down fighting ...If Beckham had EPL players around him he wud look a 'cut above the MLS' ,but with the class a players he playing with right now will make any EPL player look ordinary.The best MLS have to offer playing on one ah de worst EPL teams, and look like dey heading to the championship div.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2008, 08:12:46 PM »
Troy Marquis  ;D

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 01:43:38 AM »
Yall does start dese treads just tuh think of TI sittin he fat ass infront he computer screen tryin to hold back his drool from malfunctionin his keyboard away.

he must be takin some hard ass medication tuh hold himself back from replyin.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2008, 07:36:45 AM »

Doubt that very much...

:rotfl: hard luck...ah making a bold guess.....I standing by it too....though the truth is probably somewhere in between my aggressive assertion and the general immediate dismissal.....but I think atmosphere plays a big part in our perception of the quality of football we're watching. Throw an MLS game in Anfield type atmosphere and it probably woudn't look too much different to Middlesborough v Reading.

No kicker.. The truth is completely the opposite of your aggresive assertion, its actually sitting somewhere really close to the immediate dismissal...

There is no way even the best MLS team with their combinations of over-the-hill players, out of college ballers, ungifted and underpaid role players and then a sprinkiling of genuine talent could survive a season in the EPL without rivalling Derby for worst record this season. 

Ah mean; picture old man Cuahtemoc Blanco, de best ting in de league trying to do something against a Reading defence.. lol

In comparison to the bottom 5/6 epl teams, MLS teams have lower quality playing staffs and are technically and tactically inferior. I don't even think they might make the top half of the championship division. When I watch MLS games, I immediately pick up on the poor quality of the touches, how much space and gaps there are on the field to exploit and the slower nature of the play. Also, revert to KND2's point about the best US ballers to come out of the MLS and what they're doing internationally.

And to answer your question about Beckham, despite being surrounded by poor quality he still looks a cut above everything else on the pitch in that league. Not sure where you're going with that.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2008, 07:46:42 AM »

Doubt that very much...

I understand what u mean, i know that a Wigan vs Bolton aint no classic football match but i sure that dem still beating the best mls have to offer.  Look at Eddie Johnson, he cant see his way right now.  I feel the mls and league one on the same level, because that championship division is real pace....lol.   
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2008, 09:40:08 AM »
Colvin Hutchinson
Terry St. Louis
Kerry Jamerson

There was a youth from St. Anthonys decades ago that I thought had real promise - Miguel Mitchel

From the other side of the pond, I feel Kieran Richardson is underrated and should be in the England squad.

My 2-cents

Cheers

Really? when were these men ever underrated or unappreciated. Those I have spoken to, have the highest regard for them.

St. Louis used to coast a lil too much scene but HIGHLY talented. Woulda make today's side with only one testicle and one eye.

I would have to say John Granville, Maurice Alibey and perhaps White Boy (Birchall). People just seemed to overs de man after the WC, like we have that much defensive mdfld talent that know how to cross and shoot from the outside?

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Phensic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2008, 10:35:21 AM »
Colvin Hutchinson
Terry St. Louis
Kerry Jamerson

There was a youth from St. Anthonys decades ago that I thought had real promise - Miguel Mitchel

From the other side of the pond, I feel Kieran Richardson is underrated and should be in the England squad.

My 2-cents

Cheers

Really? when were these men ever underrated or unappreciated. Those I have spoken to, have the highest regard for them.

St. Louis used to coast a lil too much scene but HIGHLY talented. Woulda make today's side with only one testicle and one eye.

I would have to say John Granville, Maurice Alibey and perhaps White Boy (Birchall). People just seemed to overs de man after the WC, like we have that much defensive mdfld talent that know how to cross and shoot from the outside?

Peace,
VB

VB.

I should have been clearer, I meant underrated and underestimated from an international club perspective. I am sure they all had the respect of their peers.

As far as I know though, Kerry never got the opportunity for an international contract and Colvin was one of the first few men from the Strike Squad to get trials in England which didn't pan out. If I am missing information on these two let me know.

I didn't know Terry was a a big "coaster"...you think that (and that alone) sank his international career?

Granville in this present time in TnT football would have been an international for sure (yuh went back far there boy!)

Birchall - YES! I agree with yuh there.

However..."Maurice Alibey"?! Yuh let meh down with that one dread...he was talented, but only as far as savanna football. De man had nuff chances to leave a mark, but in the end (in my opinion) became a big joke in that squad...maybe just one level above Philbert (throw away) Jones.

Elliot Allen was another name I was trying to remember with my first post.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2008, 10:50:02 AM »
Elliot Allen how d hell he started b4 meh boi Hudson Nov 19 loud steupssssssssss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>