April 27, 2024, 12:07:46 PM

Author Topic: What are they doing thats different?  (Read 3532 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What are they doing thats different?
« on: April 01, 2008, 09:41:27 AM »
what are our strikers and goal keepers doing thats different? Our goalkeepers and strikers are making ah name for themselves in the foreign leagues  as consistent  performers .our mids and defenders dont often light up any league. so whats the difference?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 09:59:51 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What are they doing thats different?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:46:43 AM »
yuh post dont make sense like u smoking cocaine early this morning way dis thought come out from
bajanscout

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 09:50:11 AM »
what are our strikers and goal keepers doing thats different? Our goalkeepers and strikers are making ah name for themselves in the foreign leagues  as consist performers our mids and defenders not so much. so why the difference?

maybe its jus easier to make a name for yourself if you are scoring goals or stopping goals from being scored.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 09:57:15 AM »
what about Latapy and Edwards
and up and comer Julius James
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:06:31 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 10:01:35 AM »
Its all in the social framework. We value dribbling and big moves because they are keeping in line with our gregarious and expressive culture. IMO We don't seem to value defenders because they produce less thrills and visible  flair. Midfield is definitely a more glamourous position than defense in T&T. Then again the Italians are also expressive people but they produce top notch defenders and defensive units. :thinking:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 10:02:56 AM »
triniscout lol  ah was trying to multi task kept getting nudge on msn

but wats your excuse?  you seem to contradict the saying that 2 heads are better than one. eh troyscout  :rotfl: :rotfl:
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 10:12:39 AM »
I agree with Mc, the evaluation of Defenders and Midfielders is a lot more dependent on the overall quality of the teams they play in than forwards and goalkeepers, in my opinion.

Forwards and Goalies are the two most individual positions on a field. Forwards are expected to contribute to the team’s overall play but they still get evaluated mostly on their goals. So a forward can play in a poor team and be rated highly if he scores lots of goals.

Likewise goalies. It is actually easier to look good on a bad team because you get plenty work to display to talent evaluators.

Midfielders, and to a lesser extent defenders, are much more dependent on the players around them. Even if you have a standout midfielder, if every ball he receives is bobbling, off pace or misplaced and if every team-mate can’t trap a ball properly or run into space to give options, or if players don’t recognize and reward his good movement, his effectiveness is limited. I see plenty good players, touches men, who are anonymous on a bad team but surround them with good players and they start pulling strings and look like stars.

Defense involves similar teamwork, particular communication and covering, but not as much as midfield and so it is no surprise that our defenders get more opportunities abroad as well. And when they get the chance they have an easier time adapting. You could also evaluate defending skills in isolation more easily as tackling, heading, speed, marking etc.

Ultimately the position where our players have the hardest time adapting is centre midfield and a lot of this has to do with the general development of our players. The learining curve is just steeper for our midfielders and clubs don't have the time.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 10:13:30 AM »
lick balls freak
bajanscout

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 10:33:28 AM »
 as to not offend mi bajan brethren i wont  try to find any link between
lick balls freak
and yuh name change.     

dont come to the ok corral with ah water gun sonny boy

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 10:35:56 AM »
no i bringing meh sperm gun to spray in yuh mami coral and make octopus :rotfl: :rotfl:
bajanscout

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 10:40:14 AM »
ah  thought this woulda  be a battle of wits between the two of us but  i am sorry  i dont fight ah unarmed man

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »
freak what kinda gay name that is we no u is ah box sucker dam dont literaly tell on yuh self na by naming ur self freak ..or u does tek it in yuh bottom too? tell we na explain yuh name
bajanscout

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 10:48:02 AM »
FREAKABOY OH FREAKABOY COME OUT AND PLAYYYYYYYYY :rotfl:
bajanscout

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 10:49:01 AM »

Dutty, we have a LIVE one here ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 10:53:43 AM »
hey freakaboy u quiet now or u freaking a boy ? na lee d boy go freakatoy :rotfl: :rotfl:
bajanscout

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 08:13:05 PM »
what are our strikers and goal keepers doing thats different? Our goalkeepers and strikers are making ah name for themselves in the foreign leagues  as consistent  performers .our mids and defenders dont often light up any league. so whats the difference?

i think ....

its more more difficult to be a decent defender or midfielder, because those positions require more tactically awareness. and that side of player development is lacking in trinidad.

i also think .....

you are also more required to be a complete footballer to play those positions, which in itself is harder.

just my opinion

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 08:19:39 PM »
Kenwyne was ah defender and they turn him into a striker  :thinking: ,cause he to talented to be a defender .

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 08:36:39 PM »
or maybe they just thought he would be a better forward than he would be a defender at that level.  ???

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 08:45:54 PM »
maybe ,but point being is that ,we put our talented players up front .You for eg I hear you have real skills ,why did they not play u in defence ......cause u to good ? But is not just speed and footwork made u and others good ,is football intelligence .

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 07:54:45 AM »
i hear u, but i feel it has a lot to do with tactical development.
the idea of putting better players up top is not just a trini thing.
ashley cole and rio ferdinand (for example) were forwards when they were younger too.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 08:34:59 AM »
maybe ,but point being is that ,we put our talented players up front .You for eg I hear you have real skills ,why did they not play u in defence ......cause u to good ? But is not just speed and footwork made u and others good ,is football intelligence .
Dwn boy like men hearin bout yuh reputation... :beermug: :beermug: after de surgery dey go hear bout mine too...lol. :devil: But seriously though, I tend to agree that your awareness on the field and the standard of your play a la Zidane and Latas is what most probably determines where others will find you more usefull on the pitch

1]; } ?>