April 19, 2024, 12:47:13 AM

Author Topic: GAME REPORT  (Read 3564 times)

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
GAME REPORT
« on: March 26, 2005, 11:47:16 PM »
Right now I too vex and ah doh have enough time to give a full report but i'll give a quick recap.  Contrary to the scoreline this was an evenly played game.  If life was fair the score in this game should have been something more along the lines of 7-7, 0r 8-8.

What is ironic about this game is that T&T remembered how to play attacking football again. We created chance after chance after chance but we forgot how to score goals.  Stern John missed at least four goals tonight. 

The first Guatemala goal was a sign of things to come.  This goal have to go down in de guiness book of f**k ups.  This goal was worse than michael maurice goal against the u.s in 1989.  First of Stern had the ball and passed it to ah guatemala player.  Probably his best pass all night.  This started a counter attack for guatemala.  Then number 11 for guatemala took a shot from at least 30 to 35 yards outside the box.  For some strange reason shaka failed to get his body behind the ball.  He tried to stop it with his hands only but he bubbled the ball under his body then knocked it into the goal with his foot.

One thing that was puzzling throughout this wage was, it seemed that none of the T&T coaches or players had ever heard of Carlos Ruiz.  The whole f**kin world know he is their most dangerous player but he was left to run free all night long. Even after he scored two of their first three goals no one bothered to mark him.

It's a pity that everyone couldn't see this game.  Mexico and U.S haven't played yet but I can say that this game will go down as the most entertaining of all three games this weekend by far.

This game tonight was almost a mirror image of the 4-0 loss to mexico in the 2000 gold cup.  we took the game to guatemala from the opening whistle.  we looked composed on the ball, we had at least 50% ball possession.  we just didn't put the ball in the net.

Defensively Marvin Andrews was not missed.  I say this because our lack of speed and quickness in defense killed us.  This along with the usual mental lapses where we ball watch was our undoing.

Tomorrow i can give a more detailed report.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: GAME REPORT
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 12:07:32 AM »
Thanks, for the report, this is good to know that we had such got % of the ball, from your report we should at least get a point from the Costa Rica game.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 12:09:56 AM »
Thanks, for the report, this is good to know that we had such got % of the ball, from your report we should at least get a point from the Costa Rica game.

How we getting that 1 point COACH?

If you do have an idea, please ensure that you send it to our technical staff ASAP because I'm sure they would like to figure out how to get that "at least 1 point" themselves.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 03:24:36 AM »
Nuff, you see ah evenly played game?  Is 5 we get in we arse and you see ah evenly played game.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
ıt looks lıke we really need cox and Avery John
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 04:29:45 AM »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You need to call a spade a spade
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 06:02:14 AM »
Saw highlights on TV, and in all instances, Trinidad looked like an amateur team on the pitch. If you are going to call the first Guatemala goal a buck up, then so too was the Edwards goal....it got a wicked deflection and flew past the goalie...

I'm really disappointed with Trinidad. at this level, you dont give up five goals in one game...that will hurt you in the end if goal-difference should come into play, especially when you concider the fact that Panama, your other direct competitor for a spot, has been keeping it tight in their games.

It seemed the Trinidad coach is out of his leagues..caling back 37 year old Nahikid is a joke. And you dont prepare for Guatemala by playing a closed door game vs a washed up US A-league team ....

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 07:29:28 AM »
But Rf you acting surprised at this result.......A blind man in the dark coulda see it was coming a long way orf.

Even Palos say we woulda get 6 in a earlier post.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 08:29:32 AM »

You guys still looking for quick fixes, it does not work like that.  Look at the frendlies we play whenever we got one.  The only national team we played lately in a Friendly Azerbiajan, got eight yesterday.  Our preparation is extremely poor and we are not ready for the big times.... BS keep saying we going to Germany - but in all fairness to him he never said that are going to playt in the WC.

"Journey to Germany" is beginning to look like "Journey to Earnie"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 08:45:23 AM »
So we lost 5-1 to a team that was just as bad as we are?

Somehow this is not comforting.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 09:01:51 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 08:55:22 AM »
First off, congrats on the site Tallman/Flex. It looks great. Boss move.

Secondly, NUFF you are crazy. We were ouplayed, out hustled and, of course, out coached. I watched the game and at half time I called my brother in T&T and told him to expect at least 5.

The road ahead is paved with broken glass. 2010 is our year. ???

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 11:05:36 AM »
Going to Germanty? how? when? as a spectato? we continue with this level of play and the only place we going is friendlies aganist soem womens' side from India?

Look at this level and at this juncture there are no excuses for poor performances. Simply put like I have said before, we could not match the pace of the Latin sides.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 02:56:56 PM »
Yes Rf that first goal was a MAJOR f**k UP by Shaka. There is no way in hell that that goal shold have been scored against any goalie who calls himself a professional.  First lesson of goalkeeping always get your body behind the ball.  Shaka had enough time to do this but instead he attempted a half lazy stop with his hands.

Yes Big Toe I saw an evenly played game.  This game was an open game it wasn't a tactical, boring game.  The action in this game was end to end.
Unlike the U.S game T&T did not sit back in a defensive shell.  Against the U.S it was clear that we were playing not to lose instead of trying to win the game.  In this game it was clear that we were trying to win. 

I agree that we were outcoached badly in this game.  Bertille's two major weaknesses as a coach were very easy to see in this game.  Player selection and Tactics.  Our starting lineup was Stern and Jones up front.  Edwards, Eve, Yorke and Fitzpatrick in midfield and Pierre, Sancho, Lawrence, and Nigel Henry on defense.  The first thing that stands out is there is no speed in this lineup.  This defense would have been good if we were playing a slower more physical team like Jamaica but against the a quick central american team like guatemala St Clair decided to use four slow defenders.  Why is Avery John and Marlon Rojas?

Tactically we had our tactics reversed for our first two games.  At home in front of a big crowd and 90 degree heat we chose to sit back and defend, playing not to lose.  Then we go on the road in front of 50,000 hostile fans and a quick, skillful guatemalan team and try to win.  In both cases we had the wrong tactics. 

Another baffling thing was Bertille's choice of subs.  First sub was Fitzpatrick off Hector Sam on.  In my opinion Fitzpatrick was playiing another good game and should not have been taken off at that time.  But, while one could argue that we were losing and needed goals so he took off a midfielder for a forward, what Bertile did later shows that this man is an ASS.  His next move was to take off Kenwyne Jones, a forward and bring on David Nakhid a 40 year old midfielder.  I would love to hear Bertille's rational for these two substitions.  I'm sure that everyone who saw the game would agree that Stern John should have been the first player to be taken off last night.  He was by far the worst player on the field for T&T last night in my opinion.  Someone needs to teach Stern waht offside is because he doh have a f**kin clue.  In the last two games he has been offside about ten times.

As far as the players are concerned, Carlos Edwards was the best player for T&T, Yorke played a solid game, Eve showed flashes of his old self and Kenwyne Jones showed flashes of brilliance.  Kenwyne Jones has all the potential to become a great player but he needs to be more assertive and stay in the game for 90 minutes.  He tends to drift in and out of the game.  Another thing about Jones, he is not a forward.  In my opinion he should be playing in a wide attacking position.  If he can improve his passing and shooting then he can be moved to a more central midfield position behind the two strikers.

The speed and skill of Glenn was missed in this game.  I'm not saying we would have won if he had played but our attack would have been more varied.

After watching all six teams in the hex play at least once only a miracle can get us to Germany.  Our administration is clueless, our coach is stubborn and clueless, and our players just don't have any time to gel as a team.  The U.S and Mexico are clearly the two best teams in the hex.  Costa Rica haven't been impressive so far but overall as a team I would put them a notch above Guatemala.  Even though Guatemala beat us 5-1 last night.  I wasn't impressed by them as an overall team.  They are physically weak and their defense is poor.  They look like a bootleg version of honduras from the 2001 hex.  i predict that they will concede at least three goals to the U.S on wednesday.  Panama is a decent team but their lack of fire power up front will eventually be their undoing and cause them to finish in fifth place.  If Ruiz from guatemala gets hurt or Costa Rica has another complete collapse, which they have done before, only then do I see panama qualifying. 

I hate to be pessimistic and i hope i am wrong but after wednesday another one of our world cup dreams will be over.  Others may disagree but i thinks that if the fans at home had seen the game instead of just the score we might still have had about 10,000 fans for wednesday's game against Costa Rica.  As it stands no i'll bet  that our team will be playing in an empty stadium. 

Most of us here as die hard fans will support our team untill they are mathematically eliminated but But deep down I don;t think that anyone really believed that this team would make it to Germany.

Offline Vic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 07:34:51 PM »
Fellas...for those of you who did not see the debacle last night, I second the previous post with a few additional comments.  I'm not surprised that I guessed the startin lineup to a tee...but I suspected Bertille would try something like this.

Shaka:  What the hell was Shaka thinking trying to trap that ball with his body...??? It was a dipping shot which he should have dove forward and taken cleanly. It is inexcusable for ANY Goalkeeper at this level...especially one of Shaka's experience. Shaka's reputation as "Dracula" seems to have morphed into the "Mummy".  He was in a mess last night.

Sancho: Fought hard as T&T sweeper and tried to marshall the porous space directly in front of him. I have no real issues with his performance. A fighter til the end.

A. Pierre:  In a mystifying move by Bertille, he plays Anton a central defender, out of position at right back...a position that requires SPEED and recovery ability...which Pierre has NONE.  The second goal was clearly his fault as Pierre allowed Ruiz to run free in the area, push past him and score.

Henry: One of 4 T&T players who played the whole game and did not quit on the night (Edwards, Sancho and Eve the others).  Playing out of positon again (a central defender playing left back) he conceeded one corner the entire night...every ball out of the back was played with his left foot and went directly to the head, foot or chest of a T&T player.  When Ruiz came over to his side briefly in the second half, Henry shut him down and allowed him no space to turn or move.  A strong performance.  He should have played as stopper instead of Lawrence!

Lawrence:  You heard it here first.  If Lawrence plays another game for T&T in the next year, I will be shocked.  Lawrence clearly had no idea of his responsibilities...he looked slower than ever(molassez) and was directly responsible for the last two Guat goals.  On the 4th goal, T&T had a free kick opportunity that went wasted and Henry, who had gone up for the set piece, was sprinting back 45-50 yards to get back into the play.  Henry chases all the way back, gets back to the man with the ball, bounces him off and pokes the ball back to Lawrence...WHO MISTRAPS THE BALL!!! The forward then picks up the ball and takes a few steps before blasting it past Shaka! Similarly on the 5th goal, Lawrence's man scores a clinical goal on a break when Lawrence is trailing 10 yards behind him for almost our entire half of the field.  ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS selection by Bertille by starting him for this game when he had no practice with the team and the unit.

Eve:  Fought hard and showed his flashes of creativity.  However, not our answer at defensive midfield.  The D-mid has to be a bruiser, ball-winner, and distributor.  Angus has never been any of the above and asking or expecting him to be one now is foolish.

Dwight: Again, expecting Dwight, and outright striker his entire career, to be midfield workhorse is ridiculous.  Enough said.

Edwards: Our BEST player on the night by FAR.  His work rate is impressive, his accuracy on crosses and composure on the ball excellent. He is indispensable to our team right now.

Fitzpatrick:  SHould not have been subbed at that juncture.  If there was going to be a sub it should have been Stern.  Leslie was not playing his best game, but was solid and was working extremely hard.  Taking him off changed the complexion of the game for the worse.

Jones:  Worked hard up top and can be a good forward given time and coaching. His rawness still shows but his work rate was ten times better than Stern last night, just as it was in the US game.  His substitution for Nakhid was baffling. 

Stern:  See the above post. THE WORST PLAYER FOR US ON THE NIGHT.  Stern is LAZY and is clearly out of form.  He threw away three sitters last night.  Edwards served him a ball from the right to the Penalty spot which Stern easily controlled and he blasted it off target.  Jones gave Stern two beautiful low driven crosses across the face of the goal which Stern WASTED....he failed to connect on one and the other he toe poked directly to the keeper.  He also headed a cross directly to the keeper with time, opportunity and the whole goal to choose from and most impressively, in the waning moments of the game, controlled the ball with his back to goal, pulled off the infamous "Stern Turn" and at the penalty spot with only the keeper to beat, blasted the ball 15 meters overbars! I have had it with Stern....he is out of form so why force the issue????

Subs:  Hector Sam had a 50-50 half chance that the keeper beat him to.  He should have put this one away in my opinion...but that's the way the night went. Hard to rate Hector in this game but his impact was minimal.

Nakhid: Nakhid touched the ball all of three times in his fifteen minutes on the field. Why is a 40 year old midfielder on our side subbing for a 20 year old Jones? Why bring Silvio all the way from Japan and not give him a sweat when we clearly needed a playmaker in the middle of the field?

Other observations:  Rojas should have played in this game.  Taking nothing away from Henry on the night, who played a strong left back, Rojas could have started outside in his natural spot and put Henry in the stopper position, his natural position, instead of Lawrence.  I guarantee we not have conceded three soft goals.

Nigel Pierre should have subbed for Stern!!! I am no fan of Crock, but he is scoring and Stern is not! Crock and Jones/Sam would have been a much more effective combo on the night.

I am not going begin to lambast BSC because I too mentally drained for that now.  Someone else could follow up on my post and do that.

Bottom line: WE MUST WIN WEDNESDAY OR THIS IS ALL OVER (and rightly so).   >:(

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 10:31:44 PM »
the game really was more even than a 5-1 drubbing would make you think. tnt got some chances and guat took theirs. touches, you say we shouldnt be surprised cuz this couldve ben seen a mile away.agreed, but noone thought the team would take 5 and play so poor defensively.
Hart for president

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 11:27:51 PM »
Savannah boy right yes is 5 in we arse. WHAT COULD WE POSSIBLY DO AGAINST COST RICA

1]; } ?>