April 23, 2024, 12:10:31 PM

Author Topic: 100 youth teams for Trinidad & Tobago Cup.  (Read 3039 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
100 youth teams for Trinidad & Tobago Cup.
« on: March 05, 2008, 09:29:49 AM »
T&T Express Reports.
[/size]

Some 100 youth teams are expected to participate in 180 matches over the six days of the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs Trinidad & Tobago Cup, which take's place between March 24 and 29 at venues throughout the country.

The football tournament caters to under-15 and under-17 boys teams, as well as under-18 girls teams. Six years ago, Alvin Corneal launched the tournament, which is expected to get a major boost this year thanks to sponsorship from the Ministry of Sport. A $300 entrance fee has been waived.

Last year's winners were La Foucade FC (under-14), Superstar Rangers (under-16) and Waterloo Soccer Academy (girls under-18). This year, organisers are expecting wider participation, including teams from Toco, La Brea and Point Fortin. The champions will receive a challenge trophy and $3,500.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 09:42:50 AM by Flex »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 100 youth teams for Trinidad & Tobago Cup.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 10:54:18 AM »
Alvin Corneal started this six years ago and is the first time i'm hearing about it?i never thought it had something like this in T&T,i must give some props to Alvin for taking the initiative to initiate something like this because these are the things our Football needs,this is what other countries are doing,this i think will work for a country like ours,this involves the whole country,every youth players in those ages have an opportunity to play and be seen,i applaud the Ministry of Sport for supporting it,i think it will be money well spent.I just want to add one adjustment i think should be made to this,players that play for Youth teams of the Pro Clubs like Jabloteh,Rangers,WConnection etc even the national teams should not be allowed to play in this.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 11:28:03 AM »
This remind me of the old Sunshine Snacks Youth tournament of the 80's.  For all of you young bucks, Jabloteh was the team back then and still is today.  The more things change the more they stay the same.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 11:31:38 AM »
yes...coops...it going on for yrs now....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 11:35:45 AM »
Alvin Corneal started this six years ago and is the first time i'm hearing about it?i never thought it had something like this in T&T,i must give some props to Alvin for taking the initiative to initiate something like this because these are the things our Football needs,this is what other countries are doing,this i think will work for a country like ours,this involves the whole country,every youth players in those ages have an opportunity to play and be seen,i applaud the Ministry of Sport for supporting it,i think it will be money well spent.I just want to add one adjustment i think should be made to this,players that play for Youth teams of the Pro Clubs like Jabloteh,Rangers,WConnection etc even the national teams should not be allowed to play in this.

Coop’s I surprised at you this tournament scores has been updated on this site for years I believe Rangers has won this tournament on a regular bases I remember they when to England one because they won this Cup

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 11:47:22 AM »

Coop’s I surprised at you this tournament scores has been updated on this site for years I believe Rangers has won this tournament on a regular bases I remember they when to England one because they won this Cup

Alright i missed out on this one,remember i'm away from home going on 17yrs is it alright for me to miss something?trust me the Coop's don't know everything i gather a lot of info from you guys,i really was not awear of this.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 12:25:17 PM »

Alright i missed out on this one,remember i'm away from home going on 17yrs is it alright for me to miss something?trust me the Coop's don't know everything i gather a lot of info from you guys,i really was not awear of this.

You ent alone dread. Doh sweat it.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »
Haves they ever un earthed  any gems with this program ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 06:42:46 PM »
Back in the late 60's/early 70's the POSFL had a juvenile football league. All the clubs had a team. I think(not sure) Providence won the first cup. But Providence was basically Tranqui Sec, I was told. Roderick Warner use to play for Providence and he was a teacher in Tranquil. Malvern had guys from Woodbrook and St.james Sec. The players were fron D2 college league. Regiment had a team also. South had their teams also. Most of their players represented TT at the senior level.

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 09:08:08 PM »
This will be a good development tournament for the youths. Maybe some more tournaments like this should be organised in the future.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 09:38:09 PM »
What ever happened to the Republic Bank Youth Tournament in the savanah?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 08:00:31 AM »
This is not that new tho....

When the Under 17 World Cup was coming. It had a competition-( ICN ) that was played for 4 years coming up to the world cup. I think the first winner was St Francois nationals. It was suppose to be a national screening for the team. I think it started when the players were under 13 or 14.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 03:15:59 PM »
This remind me of the old Sunshine Snacks Youth tournament of the 80's. For all of you young bucks, Jabloteh was the team back then and still is today. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Dem was the good ole days, Jabloteh was unstoppable that year with Sharkey Henry as the coach. Arima ah think allyuh (u 14) won that year but we U 16) lost to mayaro on penalty kicks.

This current tournament, if ah understand correctly i a 1 week thing where as the sunshine snacks tourney was almost like a league, more spread out giving players time to practice more between games and develop as a team.

Ah think a more extended format in terms of the length of the tournament could be more beneficial especially for scouting players for the national teams or even if a coach want to scout an opponent, but all in all a step in the right direction
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 03:19:26 PM by College »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tobago knocked out of Youth Cup without knocking a ball
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 10:52:10 AM »
Tobago knocked out of Youth Cup without knocking a ball
tobagonews.com

The organisers of the Ministry of Sports hosted Trinidad and Tobago Youth Cup Football tournament showed little interest in ensuring that Tobago teams participated in the tournament, according to Harvey Jack, president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association.

Jack told the Tobago News that the organisers made the initial contact and never followed up. He added that he eventually contacted them and they again promised to contact him but they never did.

Jack said that nine teams had registered for the Tobago leg and they had already prepared the schedule of games. However, he noted that because the Dwight Yorke Stadium training ground was unprepared they were unable to play the games. He added that this was a blessing in disguise though, as the organisers never contacted them and they would have been at a loss to explain to the successful teams why they would not have been travelling to Trinidad for the Finals.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 11:04:38 AM »
T&T Express Reports.
[/size]

Some 100 youth teams are expected to participate in 180 matches over the six days of the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs Trinidad & Tobago Cup, which take's place between March 24 and 29 at venues throughout the country.

The football tournament caters to under-15 and under-17 boys teams, as well as under-18 girls teams. Six years ago, Alvin Corneal launched the tournament, which is expected to get a major boost this year thanks to sponsorship from the Ministry of Sport. A $300 entrance fee has been waived.

Last year's winners were La Foucade FC (under-14), Superstar Rangers (under-16) and Waterloo Soccer Academy (girls under-18). This year, organisers are expecting wider participation, including teams from Toco, La Brea and Point Fortin. The champions will receive a challenge trophy and $3,500.

Thats a great thing if you want to bring a squad with talent not money.  Dont let talent and exposure be obstructed by money

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 01:24:36 PM »

Ah like dat. Only a big shotta could refer to himself in the third person like dat and is no scene.

1]; } ?>