March 28, 2024, 01:02:00 PM

Author Topic: Warner attacks Sport Minister.  (Read 5538 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Warner attacks Sport Minister.
« on: March 28, 2008, 10:22:28 PM »
Warner attacks Sport Minister.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

FIFA vice-president and Opposition MP Jack Warner yesterday accused Gary Hunt of racial discrimination in a lengthy attack on the new Sport Minister over his perceived disinterest in sports played by "young, black men".

Warner accused the Trinidad and Tobago Government of reneging on their financial promises at a press conference ostensibly called at the Queen's Park Oval by the T&T Football Federation to congratulate the "Soca Warriors" on their 2-2 result away to Jamaica on Wednesday. Warner spent most of his time discussing the Sport Ministry and Hunt in particular.

"Let the Ministry of Sport pursue and persevere and push powerboat racing and golf and go-kart racing," said Warner, "and discriminate against football and basketball and boxing, whom they gave $400,000 (on Thursday) for a tournament (on Saturday).

"Poor, young black people being discriminated against on the grounds of race. There is nothing else.

"Young, black, poor people, the masses so to speak, and the Ministry of Sport and the Minister particularly is the most discriminatory I have seen."

Warner, who regularly clashed with former Sport Minister Roger Boynes, said he now missed Boynes. Boynes often threatened to withhold State funds without accounting evidence from the T&TFF.

The Express tried unsuccessfully to reach Hunt for a response.

Warner again claimed to be bankrolling the local game and said that he mortgaged his personal property yesterday morning to finance "the efforts of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation".

"This morning, I was able to go to a bank to take a property of mine to mortgage it for a second time," he said, "to carry the football and keep the dream alive...(I) will mortgage much more because the Ministry of Sport, under no condition, must frustrate the efforts of the Federation...

"Since last December, this Federation has been living by the grace of God and I don't want to say that Jack Warner is God but if you want to say 'by the grace of Jack' "

Warner congratulated T&T head coach Francisco Maturana for producing positive results with local players "discarded by a previous coaching regime as being unfit and no good". But there was a warning too for the young Warriors.

The T&TFF special adviser told the players-Joe Public defender Keyeno Thomas, Defence Force left back Aklie Edwards and 18-year-old CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh Khaleem Hyland were among the audience-that they had better forget about making a good living from international duty.

The local Federation appears before a London-based Sport Dispute Resolution Panel this month to determine whether they are indebted to 16 of their 2006 World Cup players. Warner told the present squad that they should view their match fees and bonuses as merely "a stipend to keep you going".

"It is the wrong thing to use the success we are getting now and will get in the future to try to exact as much money as you want and believe the Federation can give you," said Warner. "My young footballers and members of the various technical staff, the money you have to get in football is not from the Federation and some arbitration panel.

"The money you have to get in football is based on your performances of the field of play, which will lead you on to greater fortunes in clubs in Europe. That is where the money is."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 03:14:54 AM by Flex »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner attacks Sport Minister
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 10:32:34 PM »
We should write a kaiso song ala cro cro style .to let ppl really get to know jack yah know .Cause this politics giving free reign on he propaganda .Do a good job and somebody mite sing it for oui ,and really open the everyday man eyes ,and daiz we culture ,and we way of getting  justice.

look an example  ...TT whey yah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWcgB7EzzDo&feature=related
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 10:47:38 PM by Quagmire »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 10:44:14 PM »
An all time low even 4 JW
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 10:58:46 PM »
Mortgage Fifa property.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 12:13:24 AM »
To divide and rule is their whole plan, their whole plan....

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 01:39:56 AM »
by the grace of Jack

harrr lawd!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 01:45:36 AM »
Like Jackula tryin to get de england game cancelled... 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 02:38:32 AM »
 :clown: :clown: :clown:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner takes out another mortgage to save football
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 04:31:38 AM »
Warner takes out another mortgage to save football
BY GREGORY TRUJILLO (Trinidad Guardian)

THE fortunes of T&T football are on the rise again.

Making the comment yesterday was Jack Warner, Special Adviser to the T&T Football Federation, at a reception to honour the youthful T&T footballers who held a strong Jamaica XI to a 2-2 draw on Wednesday in Jamaica. The function was held at the Banquet Hall, Queen’s Park Oval.

“The fortunes of our football is on the rise again,” said Warner.

“I will like to congratulate coach Maturana and his staff for keeping faith in the local players,” added Warner.

“Our football has been given a new sense of hope. It is good for our sport, our football and our country.”

Warner, often described as the godfather of T&T football, has saved the T&T Football Federation further financial embarrassment once again.

Facing another crisis with regards to the payment of staff and players, Warner came to the rescue of the federation by paying salaries owed to the players and staff since December.

“Football is living by the grace of God since the Government has failed to deliver,” stated the Fifa Vice President. “I have had to mortgage a property to keep the game alive.”

“Under no condition, they (the Government) will frustrate the federation. They have discriminated against football, basketball and boxing. We are being held to ransom.”

“As long as there is a breath of life in my body, the fortunes of football will not go down,” he said.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Warner attacks Sport Minister.
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 12:53:47 PM »
   BIG LOUD STTTEEEEUUUPPPSSS!!!!   
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 01:26:21 PM »
If he wasn't so politically motivated and money hungry, he wouldn't be getting laughed at and taken seriously

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 02:57:09 PM »
Where do I send d Thank You card?  Brownsugar post by 2
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 03:56:30 PM »
Jack,

You could mortgage every piece of property you “own” and “bankroll” the TTFF until the cows come home. In my opinion, the sports minister shouldn’t give you one cent.

I hope Gary Hunt has the balls to tell you go fu#k yourself and not deal with the TTFF until you are no longer in charge.

Finally, stop begging, crying wolf and acting like a BITCH!! It’s not going to work.  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 12:54:55 AM »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 01:41:34 PM »
So what! is property Jack buy with Trinidad and Tobago Football money anyway.
Notice everytime WC qualification comes around Jack start wid he tata. Leverage
so he will get $$$ to pocket.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 06:48:16 AM »
Dat man really gone off de deep end
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 06:59:47 AM »
senility is a bitch.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 01:26:53 PM »
There should be laws against private monies financing football. It is one thing to have a foundation and let man donate money but how can it be legal for a man to take out a mortgage on his house and use the money to pay for football game. There should be some laws against this.

Offline Tierra

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football unites
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 02:05:30 PM »
As much as I dislike Mr.Jack Warner personally, professionally and politically i won't say he has done nothing positive for trinbago football however it is overshadowed by the rubbish he utters. Sometimes it pays to be quite you seem smarter that way.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 04:11:10 PM »
There should be laws against private monies financing football. It is one thing to have a foundation and let man donate money but how can it be legal for a man to take out a mortgage on his house and use the money to pay for football game. There should be some laws against this.

I strongly agree with you!  Any gifts should be placed in a Foundation to support football.  The Foundation should be audted to be sure that the money is used as deemed.  Because, Jack say he mortgage property, does anyone really know what has been mortgaged (if true) and how much?  Is he making it up?  These kinds of business dealings are troubling in this 21st century.  It is no wonder that we (as are many African organizations) are viewed as corrupt dictatorships, banana republics and worse.  Never mind rthis kind of leadership is facilitated by the FIFA brass who are also involved in their corrupt practices.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline SuperTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Is Jack Warner still good for Trinidad football?
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 11:12:24 AM »
What do you people think? :devil:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is Jack Warner still good for Trinidad football?
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 11:30:37 AM »
And let the hazing begin!!    KA BOOM!!!!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 01:15:32 PM »
This a an expensive portrait hanging on Jack/ass wall.  How much this going for in an auction :rotfl:

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 12:54:52 PM »
Warner: "I Don't Want to Say That Jack Warner is God...."
by Bill Archer (bigsoccer.com)

If FIFA Vice President, Executive Board member, President of CONCACAF and "Special Advisor" to the T & T Football Federation Jack Austin Warner ever decides to give up being a professional criminal....excuse me, I mean "soccer administrator", it's clear that he has a career in standup comedy just waiting for a guy with his talent.

Seems the National Sports Minister for Trinidad & Tobago hasn't handed over a big pile of money for Jack to steal...darn this keyboard...."use for the benefit of soccer", and not getting the money always makes Jack cranky.

THIS ARTICLE [Lasana's article above] DOESN'T EXPLAIN JUST WHY IT IS that the money is being withheld, but if the new Sports Minister is anything like the old one, then it's because Jack has steadfastly refused to ever hand in anything remotely like an accounting of what's being done with the dough.

But of course to Jack, the problem is "racism", which is always an interesting charge coming from one of the most virulent racists in world sport. And it's particularly interesting when leveled at a "mixed race" official of a former slave colony whose proportion of citizens descending from European ancestry stands at a staggering 0.6%.

But that's not the best part, which comes later in the article, when Jack is quoted as telling the members of the T & T national team not to expect to make money playing soccer for their country.

This from a guy who claimed that the player's "half" of the over $10,000,000 which T & T received for their 2006 World Cup appearance came to exactly $600 per player.

Still, you could say that he's just being honest: "Don't expect to make money playing for T & T" he may be saying "because any money that shows up I'm just going to steal"

So Jack says he's funding T & T soccer out of his pocket? Well, considering that as a retired school teacher who got a job as a soccer administrator twenty years ago and who now has an estimated net worth of US$50 million, I'd say he can certainly afford it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:50:26 PM by E-man »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 01:47:56 PM »
mama
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 02:56:57 PM »
Warner: "I Don't Want to Say That Jack Warner is God...."
by Bill Archer (bigsoccer.com)

If FIFA Vice President, Executive Board member, President of CONCACAF and "Special Advisor" to the T & T Football Federation Jack Austin Warner ever decides to give up being a professional criminal....excuse me, I mean "soccer administrator", it's clear that he has a career in standup comedy just waiting for a guy with his talent.

Seems the National Sports Minister for Trinidad & Tobago hasn't handed over a big pile of money for Jack to steal...darn this keyboard...."use for the benefit of soccer", and not getting the money always makes Jack cranky.

THIS ARTICLE [Lasana's article above] DOESN'T EXPLAIN JUST WHY IT IS that the money is being withheld, but if the new Sports Minister is anything like the old one, then it's because Jack has steadfastly refused to ever hand in anything remotely like an accounting of what's being done with the dough.

But of course to Jack, the problem is "racism", which is always an interesting charge coming from one of the most virulent racists in world sport. And it's particularly interesting when leveled at a "mixed race" official of a former slave colony whose proportion of citizens descending from European ancestry stands at a staggering 0.6%.

But that's not the best part, which comes later in the article, when Jack is quoted as telling the members of the T & T national team not to expect to make money playing soccer for their country.

This from a guy who claimed that the player's "half" of the over $10,000,000 which T & T received for their 2006 World Cup appearance came to exactly $600 per player.

Still, you could say that he's just being honest: "Don't expect to make money playing for T & T" he may be saying "because any money that shows up I'm just going to steal"

So Jack says he's funding T & T soccer out of his pocket? Well, considering that as a retired school teacher who got a job as a soccer administrator twenty years ago and who now has an estimated net worth of US$50 million, I'd say he can certainly afford it.

That made me chuckle, naughty naughty.

Anyway, if its against FIFA rules for a goverment to intefere with Football, why should you have the begging bowl out.  Don't think he does you any favours, the press are none too happy about the friendly just for WC votes given the panorama program et al.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 03:09:44 PM »

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2008, 01:42:52 PM »
Just a thought after reading Warners comments again.

Jack is really showing his opinion of his fellow citizens here. Keep them down where they belong.

Whats wrong with encouraging golf and go karting? I understand that powerboats may require serious money, but golf is no longer an elite sport in most of the world. Why should poor black kids settle for football cricket or basketball. If they have talent in other sports they should get the chance to persue them, or at least watch the sport.

Warner is alluding that golf and boats are elite. I bet Jack plays golf and spends time on boats.

And as for racism, last time I looked Tiger Woods was black and theres a young black chap called Hamilton whos doing rather well at motor racing. Obviously, nobody has pointed out to them that black guys are only supposed to be playing football.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 12:43:54 PM »
[b]100 youth teams for Trinidad & Tobago Cup.
T&T Express Reports.[/b]

Some 100 youth teams are expected to participate in 180 matches over the six days of the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs Trinidad & Tobago Cup, which take's place between March 24 and 29 at venues throughout the country.

The football tournament caters to under-15 and under-17 boys teams, as well as under-18 girls teams. Six years ago, Alvin Corneal launched the tournament, which is expected to get a major boost this year thanks to sponsorship from the Ministry of Sport. A $300 entrance fee has been waived.

Last year's winners were La Foucade FC (under-14), Superstar Rangers (under-16) and Waterloo Soccer Academy (girls under-18). This year, organisers are expecting wider participation, including teams from Toco, La Brea and Point Fortin. The champions will receive a challenge trophy and $3,500.
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=34281.0
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>