April 24, 2024, 07:12:28 PM

Author Topic: Toronto FC signs former French international Laurent Robert  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Toronto FC signs former French international Laurent Robert
« on: April 02, 2008, 03:12:16 PM »
Source: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080402/sports/soc_toronto_robert

He usually plays left wing, so I wonder how this will affect Samuel's position with the team. Although I think I heard they've been playing Samuel on the right wing recently. Either way, I hope he can recreate some of his former glory for TFC. I did like his ability as a player and I'd wondered where he disappeared to.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Toronto FC signs former French international Laurent Robert
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 03:37:18 PM »
you should see how bobby mcmahon was slating collin samuel on Fox soccer report some nights ago..

he missed a penalty and didnt follow up and bobby pelt de kitchen sink.. basically said the consensus is when samuel is good he's really good but thats rarely the case cause he's mostly poor for TFC.. he must be spend a good 40 seconds of de highlights mashing him in.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »
you should see how bobby mcmahon was slating collin samuel on Fox soccer report some nights ago..

he missed a penalty and didnt follow up and bobby pelt de kitchen sink.. basically said the consensus is when samuel is good he's really good but thats rarely the case cause he's mostly poor for TFC.. he must be spend a good 40 seconds of de highlights mashing him in.

Well is not like he doh deserve it.  Collin does regularly put down a pile fuh TFC.  He's been most disappointing since getting there.  Not sure how he keeps getting selected to start.  Either he's a practice champ or they just have too many injuries or both.

Wit regards to de actual thread, Laurent Robert would be a great pickup for TFC IF...

He mind and body still committed to football

If he comin to coast like some a dem ex top flight footballers, he will be found out rather quickly.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 03:47:45 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 03:46:27 PM »

Well is not like he doh deserve it.  Collin does regularly put down a pile fuh TFC.  He's been most disappointing since getting there.  Not sure how he keeps getting selected to start.  Either he's a practice champ or they just have too many injuries or both.

bobby basically say collin samuel and kenny cunningham is two waste and he cyah understand how they get to start...

said that next week he expects danny dichio to start in front of one or both of those two..

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 03:56:38 PM »
Well, ah haven't seen Samuel play much for TFC, but what ah did see was not impressive. However, I read that supposedly he started off this season in much better shape and looked hungrier, sharper, etc. So I was hoping for better from and for him.

However, I generally trust Bobby's opinions because he doh care who yuh is, if he find yuh put down a pile he go say so but he go praise yuh when yuh play good too. Dat being said Danny Dichio is a favourite at TFC and seems to have done well for dem so I eh surprise at him starting in front of Colin unless they put him on the wing, as I thought he play forward fuh dem last year.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 05:56:01 PM »
All the comments over Colin was justified he isn't playing well and when he is good example vs Iceland last year he is very good but most of the time he is not so he needs to step his game. Laurent is a talent but he seems to have a bit of an attitude problem if he is fit he will be  great pickup if he isn't just be another spoilt performer past his prime.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 06:03:05 PM »
i think John Carver is the coach there now..ex-Newcastle coach
he will know how to deal with him
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 06:57:34 PM »
let the derby exodus begin.

we go see dem in the prem in about 10 more yrs.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 07:49:36 AM »
Hmm...whenever a big name come to an MLS club it usually ends with one of our locals getting released. We'll see how this goes...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

giggsy11

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 09:09:41 AM »
The MLS- where sh!thounds go tuh make money and retire!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 01:30:43 PM »

1]; } ?>