April 28, 2024, 08:21:52 PM

Author Topic: More Britz for Simoes  (Read 9775 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
More Britz for Simoes
« on: April 03, 2008, 07:54:06 AM »
Simoes the Jamaican football coach is about to embark on a trip to England to find more Brits to fill places that are presently held by born Jam players.one of the players they want to look at is J.Pennant of Liverpool.This news was reported by the Jam Observer.More Brits or is it Reggaebritz.That 2-2 draw with our likkle yutes havedem BAZODEE.Dem goin all over de place fi look farrin. ;D ;D ;D
Simoes to scout extensively ahead of Qualifiers.
By: Howard Walker.

Chihuahua, Mexico - Technical director Rene Simoes will be embarking on a scouting mission to look at Jamaican players plying their trade overseas.

With approximately two months before Jamaica bow into 2010 World Cup qualifying action, Simoes - who took over the football programme on January 5 - has limited time to familiarise himself with all the players available.

"We have two to three overseas trips to look at the players because there are some names I don't know... I have to know them to see if they fit in my system, so we have to go and watch them," Simoes told the Observer yesterday.

In August 2004, Simoes' compatriot Sebastiao Lazaroni led Jamaica into their semi-final round game against the USA and were leading 1-0, courtesy of an Ian Goodison 49th-minute goal before substitute Brian Ching equalised in the 88th minute.

After the game Lazaroni admitted not knowing the Jamaican players and which player to take off the bench to shut the game down and secure what would have been a famous win in Kingston.

The rest is history as Jamaica narrowly missed out against Panama and failed to advance with the USA to the final stage. The US topped the group with 12 points, Panama eight and Jamaica seven.

Simoes, 56, who led Jamaica to their historic 1998 World Cup qualification, is not taking any chances and will be discussing the matter with Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) boss, Captain Horace Burrell.

The Brazilian also made it clear every active Jamaican player will be under the microscope, regardless of where he plays professionally.

When quizzed about Liverpool's 25-year-old winger, Jermaine Pennant who as a 15-year-old was signed by Arsenal for £2 million - a record fee for a trainee at the time - and later made his debut at age 16 against Middlesbrough, Simoes said: "No, I don't know him; we have to check. I will look at him. What position does he play? There are other players whose names were given to me and I will look at them," he said.

Even retired midfielder Andy Williams, 30, who said he is willing to come out of retirement for Jamaica's World Cup campaign, will be given a chance, said Simoes.

"There are no players out of my plan; he is in the plan. Andy, Jermaine Johnson. I discuss with Ricardo Fuller, so I have the team in my mind, so we have to give chance to players.
"We cannot fix 11 players because World Cup qualifiers are two years. We need a big group of players all committed and know that they are playing for Jamaica. If they decide about that they have a chance," Simoes noted.

The TD was disappointed with the criticism of the number of Portmore United players in the team for the recent friendly against Trinidad & Tobago.

"The issue about the Portmore players, we should not think about that. In the '90s everybody was concerned about the western players because every player was from Seba, Violet Kickers and Wadadah.

"If I'm not wrong, it was 15 players from these three clubs, now it is 17 players from Portmore, Waterhouse and Harbour View, because these three clubs are the best ones right now".

According to Simoes, nobody manipulates his selection. "I have the co-ordinators and I approve or disapprove. We try to make a very good organisation right now," he stated.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 09:23:30 AM by Flex »

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: More Britz for Simoes
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 08:08:45 AM »
Simoes the Jamaican football coach is about to embark on a trip to England to find more Brits to fill places that are presently held by born Jam players.one of the players they want to look at is J.Pennant of Liverpool.This news was reported by the Jam Observer.More Brits or is it Reggaebritz.That 2-2 draw with our likkle yutes havedem BAZODEE.Dem goin all over de place fi look farrin. ;D ;D ;D

Small thing yes, cuz so far wid de efforts of dem young local players Mr.Maturana putting in de senior team, ah have confidence wid ah few more big games together, dey will be able to take care of any big names dat will appear on dem CONCACAF teams. Talent and experience is major for any team to have, but yuh see having de heart tuh de final whistle and the desire tuh win, not every player have dat. Tuh me dat is what will make de difference in who qualify from dis region for SA. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Trinidad & Tobago- We are the best.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 08:17:38 AM »
Dais the formula he used last time and was successful with it.Yuh expect him to change dat now ? It all goes to show the state of the development of the sport in Jamaica. 

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 08:21:30 AM »
It's quite impressive though. Isn't it. That even after the Reggae Boyz failed to qualify for 2 World Cups after 1998 that football players with Jamaican parentage still wants to play for the Reggae Boyz. Even with a huge pool of local Reggae Boyz playing worldwide.

It's unfortunate that the same cannot be said about T&T. Even though they tried to recruit a Brazilian with no T&T parentage. E.g. Seabras.
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 08:40:50 AM »
It's quite impressive though. Isn't it. That even after the Reggae Boyz failed to qualify for 2 World Cups after 1998 that football players with Jamaican parentage still wants to play for the Reggae Boyz. Even with a huge pool of local Reggae Boyz playing worldwide.

It's unfortunate that the same cannot be said about T&T. Even though they tried to recruit a Brazilian with no T&T parentage. E.g. Seabras.

Yes becuase unlike jamaica, trinidad dont have about 700,000 people living in england.. you acting like you all getting the cream of the crop from england ... any player that decides to play for trinidad of jamaica has come to terms that he is not good enough to play for enlgand etc.....  whats your point seabra BTW .... He  and his   family(wife and child born in trinidad  ) lives   in trinidad for about 5-6 years and he goes back to brazil for vacation ....  same way deco played for portugal , the same i think bravo for mexico so whats your bloody point? I bet deon burton does not even know the JA anthem
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 08:41:38 AM »
It's not strange that a Trini would summarise Simoes intentions to appeal to other Trinis. The full article is more truthful:

SIMOES TO SCOUT EXTENSIVELY AHEAD OF QUALIFIERS.
Howard Walker
Thursday, April 03, 2008

Chihuahua, Mexico - Technical director Rene Simoes will be embarking on a scouting mission to look at Jamaican players plying their trade overseas.

With approximately two months before Jamaica bow into 2010 World Cup qualifying action, Simoes - who took over the football programme on January 5 - has limited time to familiarise himself with all the players available.

"We have two to three overseas trips to look at the players because there are some names I don't know... I have to know them to see if they fit in my system, so we have to go and watch them," Simoes told the Observer yesterday.

In August 2004, Simoes' compatriot Sebastiao Lazaroni led Jamaica into their semi-final round game against the USA and were leading 1-0, courtesy of an Ian Goodison 49th-minute goal before substitute Brian Ching equalised in the 88th minute.

After the game Lazaroni admitted not knowing the Jamaican players and which player to take off the bench to shut the game down and secure what would have been a famous win in Kingston.

The rest is history as Jamaica narrowly missed out against Panama and failed to advance with the USA to the final stage. The US topped the group with 12 points, Panama eight and Jamaica seven.

Simoes, 56, who led Jamaica to their historic 1998 World Cup qualification, is not taking any chances and will be discussing the matter with Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) boss, Captain Horace Burrell.

The Brazilian also made it clear every active Jamaican player will be under the microscope, regardless of where he plays professionally.

When quizzed about Liverpool's 25-year-old winger, Jermaine Pennant who as a 15-year-old was signed by Arsenal for £2 million - a record fee for a trainee at the time - and later made his debut at age 16 against Middlesbrough, Simoes said: "No, I don't know him; we have to check. I will look at him. What position does he play? There are other players whose names were given to me and I will look at them," he said.

Even retired midfielder Andy Williams, 30, who said he is willing to come out of retirement for Jamaica's World Cup campaign, will be given a chance, said Simoes.

"There are no players out of my plan; he is in the plan. Andy, Jermaine Johnson. I discuss with Ricardo Fuller, so I have the team in my mind, so we have to give chance to players.
"We cannot fix 11 players because World Cup qualifiers are two years. We need a big group of players all committed and know that they are playing for Jamaica. If they decide about that they have a chance," Simoes noted.

The TD was disappointed with the criticism of the number of Portmore United players in the team for the recent friendly against Trinidad & Tobago.

"The issue about the Portmore players, we should not think about that. In the '90s everybody was concerned about the western players because every player was from Seba, Violet Kickers and Wadadah.

"If I'm not wrong, it was 15 players from these three clubs, now it is 17 players from Portmore, Waterhouse and Harbour View, because these three clubs are the best ones right now".

According to Simoes, nobody manipulates his selection.
"I have the co-ordinators and I approve or disapprove. We try to make a very good organisation right now," he stated

jjbrown

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 09:03:57 AM »
He doh know who Jermaine Pennant is  :talktothehand: and he football master  :rotfl:
send more britz ,jah if trini use to do that ,I wouldn even be a fan ,the true joy ,is watching and finding the players from school ,develop ,then lite up the leagues.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 09:07:16 AM by Quagmire »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 09:05:46 AM »

Yes becuase unlike jamaica, trinidad dont have about 700,000 people living in england.. you acting like you all getting the cream of the crop from england ... any player that decides to play for trinidad of jamaica has come to terms that he is not good enough to play for enlgand etc.....  whats your point seabra BTW .... He  and his   family(wife and child born in trinidad  ) lives   in trinidad for about 5-6 years and he goes back to brazil for vacation ....  same way deco played for portugal , the same i think bravo for mexico so whats your bloody point? I bet deon burton does not even know the JA anthem
Moved to T&T and conveniently naturalised. Where is the T&T parentage like Chris Birchell? Do you for a fact know Seabra can recite the T&T anthem?
Although I doubt Pennant will be selected by Simoes since he played for the England's U-19s and U-21s. And the same argument can be pointed out about players wanting to come to T&T because of England callup.
jjbrown

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 09:08:54 AM »
PATHETIC f**kS

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 09:09:19 AM »
He doh know who Jermaine Pennant is  :talktothehand: and he football master  :rotfl:
A lot of managers around the world don't know who Jermaine Pennant is. He is not exactly lighting up the world headlines like Beckham. Is he?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 09:12:07 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »
wow..

how can simoes not know who jermaine pennant is??

I thought international managers does keep abreast of the game.. anyone with a cursory knowledge of the game would know this fellah from since he arsenal youth days.. pennant is a champions league baller now..

and considering the fact that he is on the jamaican radar that makes it even more unbelievable..

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 09:22:36 AM »
wow..

how can simoes not know who jermaine pennant is??

I thought international managers does keep abreast of the game.. anyone with a cursory knowledge of the game would know this fellah from since he arsenal youth days.. pennant is a champions league baller now..

and considering the fact that he is on the jamaican radar that makes it even more unbelievable..

Only one of the first footballers at the top level to wear a tag *sigh* Jamaicans *shakes head*

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 09:25:35 AM »
Steupppssss

Jamaica2099 does try to big up and defend ignorance yes.

"A lot of managers around the world".........just say the ones from Jamaica nah.

He lucky he know who is King............"He is not exactly lighting up the world headlines like Beckham. Is he?"

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 09:29:14 AM »

Send More Britz......pleaded in a Mustachioed Brazilian accented voice
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 09:33:43 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 09:29:39 AM »
Steupppssss

"A lot of managers around the world".........just say the ones from Jamaica nah.

He lucky he know who is King............"He is not exactly lighting up the world headlines like Beckham. Is he?"

Exactly. And sometimes ignorance is bliss. Just ask your Trini stalwart BM who seems to only have one answer for everything posted.
jjbrown

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 09:32:34 AM »

How could a national coach not know who Pennant is. I would think you would keep abreast of football and it's players by and large just in case, oh I don't know, you might have to play against some of them one day.

Més que un club.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 09:35:30 AM »

Send More Britz......pleaded in a Mustachioed Brazilian accented voice
Thumbs up Simoes. Getting Britzs with Jamaican blood. Unlike Seabras who Eduardo surpass by miles in comparison and plays for Croatia.
jjbrown

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 09:44:56 AM »
All these Brits and Jamaica continues to struggle.

Maybe they should change their formula.

If Englishman who can't make England settle for J'ca and flop. Look for some other options.

Ah hear Hardess looking for a sweat  ;D

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 09:55:59 AM »
And sometimes ignorance is bliss.

I envy your happiness.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 10:00:39 AM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 10:03:14 AM »
All yuh sure d return game against JA is not 1st. d amt of Brits dey have playin 4 dem dey could just substitute JA with Hengland and we eh go know d difference. Any way leh me eh give JW no ideas
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 10:10:06 AM »
All yuh sure d return game against JA is not 1st. d amt of Brits dey have playin 4 dem dey could just substitute JA with Hengland and we eh go know d difference. Any way leh me eh give JW no ideas
What?
JW go call de game against Jamaica, a game against the Hengland B side :devil:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 10:13:06 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2008, 10:11:53 AM »

I envy your happiness.

heh heh heh

Ah love it!!  (copyright Andre Samuel)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2008, 10:17:54 AM »

If Englishman who can't make England settle for J'ca and flop. Look for some other options.

Ah hear Hardess looking for a sweat  ;D

VB
Jamaica struggle hmmm! Reggae Boyz games since Burrell & Simoes:

1. Beat El Salvador 3-0.             2. Beat Guatemala 2-0.

3. Drew Costa Rica 1-1.             4. Drew T&T 2-2.

T&T last 4 games since Jack & Maturana:

1. Drew Puerto Rico 2-2              2. Drew Guadeloupe 0-0            

3. Beat El Salvador  1-0              4. Drew Jamaica  2-2.

Now according to these stats....... Well. They speak for themselves.  

jjbrown

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 10:20:55 AM »
Steupppssss

Exactly. And sometimes ignorance is bliss. Just ask your Trini stalwart BM who seems to only have one answer for everything posted.

What this you mean

SEND MORE BRITZ.....SEND MORE BRITZ
or

SHITHONGS!!!....

either way, it annoys the f(*^k out of you doesn't it?.....u idiot...no sorry ah meant u hediat....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 10:21:18 AM »
1. Beat El Salvador 3-0.             4. Drew T&T 2-2.
So, it shows WHICH team that has improved since their El Salvador match? ;)
ya run out of bases yet?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 10:30:42 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2008, 11:06:03 AM »
Get yuh facts right Mr.RF,Seabras wanted to play for TT and he was refused Trinidad Citizenship,the Prime Minister said it would open the flood gates.In case yuh doh know,most of the foreign ballers in TT wants to live in TT and play for them.
Look man, its ah shame dat allyuh cyar find at least 6 Jamaicans good enough to play fuh allyuh.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 11:17:07 AM »
J2099 how many foreign born went to the '98 WC for JA and how many went for TnT in'06.And see how many wanted to play in WC for TnT.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2008, 11:19:34 AM »

Ah hear Hardess looking for a sweat  ;D

VB

1. Beat El Salvador 3-0.             2. Beat Guatemala 2-0.

3. Drew Costa Rica 1-1.             4. Drew T&T 2-2.

1. Drew Puerto Rico 2-2              2. Drew Guadeloupe 0-0            

Now according to these stats....... Well. They speak for themselves.  

Eh hem.  What is your fifa ranking again?  

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2008, 11:20:23 AM »

I envy your happiness.
I like to maintain the balance. It keeps me rooted to the ground as a normal human being.
jjbrown

1]; } ?>