March 28, 2024, 08:09:26 PM

Author Topic: Sports Ministry says no to TTFF Media.  (Read 20731 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sports Ministry says no to TTFF Media.
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2008, 11:55:50 AM »
As I said before I am all for finding out from Jackula and he croonies what de hell they doing wid we money....

As for the Fuentes situation I raised the point (cuz I don't know), what is the procedure are you supposed to get invited or can you just show up?  He is an accredited media person who stated that he would usually attend press conferences before without trouble.  De Sports Ministry should have dealt with it decisively the moment he arrived and tell him to leave.  

I don't know who you work for...but could you show up at the press conference with a video camera and filming...do you think?  The accreditation of journalist being the shambolic mirage that it is aside...when last have you has ANYONE known Shaun Fuentes to function in any capacity other than that of TTFF Media Officer?  As I stated before he has held himself out to be nothing more than the mouthpiece of the TTFF the past several years...why then should he complain when that is exactly how people treat him?  He does not act like a journalist, so he should not be surprised when he's treated accordingly, no?

So...him NOT being a journalist (in the eyes of the Sports Ministry), he has no business at a press conference for the media.  He's seen as a TTFF...representative (taking all inferences most favorable to him), and the TTFF pointedly declined to present themselves for accounting so he was made to feel uncomfortable.  Treat it as a technicality if you want, but from the account Hunt never asked him to leave, nor ask that he leave.  Ms. Nunez was asked by Fuentes is he should leave, and she informed him that it probably would be best.  A fair inference is that word came from Hunt...but there's no actual indication that it did...is there?

And to say that Fuentes is not media or a journalist because he has yet to defend Lasana is not fair, Lasana has been "battling" Jack by himself and doesn't have the full support of his media colleagues.
And it the question has been raised before, can we really expect Shaun to speak out against the TTFF??...

Please don't engage in selective reading...at no point did I imply that Fuentes wasn't a journalist because he didn't defend Lasana.  What I DID say is that he should be the last person to complain about being rudely treated (especially in his capacity as a 'journalist'), since his own masters are known for their hostility and uncouth behavior (including such directed at other journalists...Lasana and Andrew Jennings most notably).

As for the latter question whether we can really expect Shaun to speak out against the TTFF...why not?  Isn't he a full-fledged media person?  Isn't he a 'freelancer'??  Why can't he...as a freelancer, speak out against what is OBVIOUSLY wrong?  Or is the implication that he cannot speak out since he's in the employ of Jack Warner?  Since that is the implication (answering my own question)...since he's at all times mindful of what he says about his employer...then he cannot claim to be a journalist...whose job it is to report the news with an impartial, observant and at times critical eye.  Discovery (as in revealing, not 'finding') of the truth is the foundation of journalism and Shaun Fuentes has not lived up to that standard...I challenge you to prove otherwise.  That being the case he doesn't get the right to call himself a journalist whenever it meets his fancy.

I know some of you are defensive of Fuentes because allyuh friendly with the fella...pardon my assumption if that doesn't apply to you....but is this friend friend thing that continues to retard the progress of Trinidad in far too many quarters.  What's right is right...and what's wrong can never be right...friend or no friend.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2008, 12:55:09 PM »
Bakes first things first....I doh know Fuentes from a can of paint so you're pardoned. 

Then, I repeat the Minister/PR person handled the whole thing badly.  He should not have been let in the press conference in the first place.
Then having let him in why not just leave him and deal with him afterwards?  He said he's used to attending these press conferences and as such if there was a change in procedure stemming from a change in the guards (Roger to Gary) they should have dealt with him decisively at the door or afterwards.  It was not like a BPTT PR walking in a Petrotrin press conference, it's something he's used to doing.

Further, the Minister was not very convincing in his attempt to explain what happened.  He really sounded as though he got caught in the middle of something that could be seen an anti-media and tried to take himself out. 

Further still, we wouldn't be discussing this today if he/PR person had dealt with it differently.  We would be discussing the contents of the press conference which was to examine or deal with the lack of information coming from the TTFF about how our money is being spent.

So we had these two men (Jackula and Gary) deciding to flex their muscles meanwhile football still suffering....

And let me be clear again....my defence of Fuentes IS NOT IN ANYWAY CONDONING JACK AND HE CROONIES!!!....
And I too think de Minister damn right to demand dat dey get every bit of information from de TTFF, so between the players and this Minister perhaps once and for all we will get the truth from these people.
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
THE BALL IS IN THE TTFF HALF NOW
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2008, 01:06:18 PM »
LET THE GARY 'C'HUNT & JACK'ASS WARNER WAR BEGIN.  C'Hunt  have no right to embarass Shaun Fuentes and lie  in front of shaun's media peers.  Usually media personnels suppose to be granted a PRESS PASS and if Shaun was not granted one, then its the security's fault that he got in the building in the first place.  its not C'Hunt's business to embarass him like that.  Now the BIG issues is that Hunt is right the TTFF MUST present an official budget to show how much they did and will be spend because its the 'citizen right' to know where their taxes are being spent.  I think everyone will agree with that.  That puts the ball in Oliver Scyamps half, so let see what he will do with it.  TTFF SHOW THE OFFICIAL BUDGET AND YOU WILL GET MONEY. THAT'S IT TALK DONE. LETS CUT THE NONSENSE AND GO ON IN BUILDING T&T FOOTBALL LIKE YOU PLEDGE.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 01:09:09 PM by Babalawo »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2008, 01:14:32 PM »
Bakes first things first....I doh know Fuentes from a can of paint so you're pardoned. 

Then, I repeat the Minister/PR person handled the whole thing badly.  He should not have been let in the press conference in the first place.
Then having let him in why not just leave him and deal with him afterwards?  He said he's used to attending these press conferences and as such if there was a change in procedure stemming from a change in the guards (Roger to Gary) they should have dealt with him decisively at the door or afterwards.  It was not like a BPTT PR walking in a Petrotrin press conference, it's something he's used to doing.

Further, the Minister was not very convincing in his attempt to explain what happened.  He really sounded as though he got caught in the middle of something that could be seen an anti-media and tried to take himself out. 

Further still, we wouldn't be discussing this today if he/PR person had dealt with it differently.  We would be discussing the contents of the press conference which was to examine or deal with the lack of information coming from the TTFF about how our money is being spent.

So we had these two men (Jackula and Gary) deciding to flex their muscles meanwhile football still suffering....

And let me be clear again....my defence of Fuentes IS NOT IN ANYWAY CONDONING JACK AND HE CROONIES!!!....
And I too think de Minister damn right to demand dat dey get every bit of information from de TTFF, so between the players and this Minister perhaps once and for all we will get the truth from these people.

There's no need for us to continue going back and forth on the other issues...I think for the most part we agree.  However on this point...he was used to coming and going as he pleased because a) no one questioned him before; b) No one undertook such an effort to bring accountability to the proceedings... and then on top of that to be bold-facedly rebuffed by the TTFF ("we not coming").  So again...if yuh not coming, regardless as to what Boynes did in the past, then you are NOT welcomed to send your mutt.

As for barring him from the get got...you think them people have time to stand up by the door and screen everybody coming into the press conference?  Is not like they siddung there just looking out fuh 'Shaun Fuentes'...when they recognize de mole in their midst they responded accordingly.  I could juss hear Camps and Groden and dem:

"he want we to just come and show up and open up we book juss because HE say so??  Who de ass Gary Hunt think he is...he eh know who he dealing wid or what?  He ent we boss.  Shaun, ah hear dey holding ah press conference...go down dey and see what yuh could find out".

Press corp could be upset all they want, all ah dem complicit in remaining silent while TTFF committing all manners ah bobol, now all ah sudden they want to act collectively aggrieved.  Give me a break.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 01:32:20 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2008, 01:18:33 PM »
Press corp could be upset all they want, all ah dem complicit in remaining silent while TTFF committing all manners ah bobol, now all ah sudden they want to act collectively aggrieved.  Give me a break.
where that ball gorn?
you give it a good vup there man :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
very Laraesque ;) ;)

Jack want to have he cake AND eat it too
Fuentes is either TTFF media rep
OR he is an "independent journalist"

NOT BOTH
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 01:22:14 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2008, 01:21:55 PM »
where that ball gorn?
you give it a good vup there man :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
very Laraesque ;) ;)

Jack want to have he cake AND eat it too
Fuentes is either TTFF media rep
OR he is an "independent journalist"

NOT BOTH

Ah hear Shaun went KFC after dey kick him out...

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 01:23:26 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2008, 01:23:29 PM »
how he quiet quiet :devil:

check de digital voice recorder....cute eh :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2008, 01:24:39 PM »
Bakes, I made mention of stopping him at the door because he said that when he arrived, he was asked (by the PR person) why he was there since he was not invited.  Right then and there he should have been told to get out.

They knew who he was from the outset.  

And if the media does make an issue of this, the state ah de football going and get lost in all de bachanal again.
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2008, 01:30:05 PM »
Bakes, I made mention of stopping him at the door because he said that when he arrived, he was asked (by the PR person) why he was there since he was not invited.  Right then and there he should have been told to get out.

And if the media does make an issue of this, the state ah de football going and get lost in all de bachanal again.
I going and give Hunt the Bligh here.....
From now on things will be different
Keep up the way you going Mr. Minister.
Jack must be saying...
"what de armen wrong with this fella...I control FOOTBALL in the Caribbean, and I PUT Sepp in POWER.... wooo ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha" ;)    said in a Dracula voice
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 01:32:25 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2008, 01:30:33 PM »

He said Ms. Nunez recognized him and approached him, surprised that he was there since he wasn't invited...true.  My guess is that she was looking at him in his capacity as TTFF Media Officer.  It's not her place to disinvite anyone (would be my guess) so that call wasn't made.  Later on Hunt made it clear that he'd rather Fuentes not be there (rightly in my book).  Whether he expressly gave an order to have him removed, or whether Fuente's departure was the result of more indirect actions ("he asked a question, I gave him my opinion") is a matter of conjecture at this point.

I agree with you that his identity likely was known from the outset...I was disappointed to read that he claimed to not know who he was.  It could be true since he's only met Jack himself once or twice (according to him)...so maybe he genuinely isn't familiar with TTFF staff.  However, by the time Fuentes left I pretty sure he knew who he was.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2008, 01:33:07 PM »
All I know Shawn is hook we up with Interviews and Vids ,even doh jack must be hate we .So I like shawn .So yeah nothing wrong having friends on the dark side.....2 more cents.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2008, 01:36:47 PM »
All I know Shawn is hook we up with Interviews and Vids ,
Yes YES
I am very grateful for those videos
THAT is Fuentes doing his job as TTFF Media Rep :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Thank you sir...very good work
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2008, 01:48:58 PM »
This Sports Minister is a kakahole.....

we shuold send him ah shirt ac milan number 10 :kakahole:

truetrini

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2008, 02:03:13 PM »
This Sports Minister is a kakahole.....

we shuold send him ah shirt ac milan number 10 :kakahole:

take ah picture we go put it on de back ah de shirt so we have ah matching physical description of ah
 kaka hole nah.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2008, 02:07:11 PM »

That wat i saying too. at my media job we have a thing called a PRESS PASS,for security reasons.  if u dont have one, you dont get in. its like a ticket to get in a concert

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2008, 02:10:06 PM »
All I know Shawn is hook we up with Interviews and Vids ,even doh jack must be hate we .So I like shawn .So yeah nothing wrong having friends on the dark side.....2 more cents.
CAH WAIT FOR HE TO POST IT ON YOUTUBE. I PRESSING REFRESH EVERY MINUTE. http://youtube.com/user/TnTSocaWarriors

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2008, 02:13:42 PM »
CAH WAIT FOR HE TO POST IT ON YOUTUBE. I PRESSING REFRESH EVERY MINUTE. http://youtube.com/user/TnTSocaWarriors
Good one ;D ;D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2008, 02:23:52 PM »
All I know Shawn is hook we up with Interviews and Vids ,
Yes YES
I am very grateful for those videos
THAT is Fuentes doing his job as TTFF Media Rep :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Thank you sir...very good work
Nah is not he job ,cause is years he working there ,and only just start .So the man is take he good mind and hook we up ,even study what songs will go good with it ..........even doh he could skip that  ;D..And if he stop ,he eh go get in no trouble. No matter what ,if Shawn cyah talk he mind and tell us ,what we doh already know ,infact am sure he learns alot about his boss rite here .All go happen is he go lose his wuk ,and no vids .

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2008, 03:30:34 PM »
Hear what I saying about this........Fuentes is a stooge. The president and special advisor did not get invite but the press officer present? :bs:  He was sent there to hear and film what go on, to run back and tell the bosses who say what. What he talking about "Rookie Minister." As soon as someone call for accountability from the TTFF they don't know what they doing and they is novice.
Screw the TTFF and their reps, they is ah bunch ah liars and thievies. If they toss him (Shaun) out it good...I say it good. The reports from the federation does be to convienient. Come straight, why Shaun don't explain why the no one from the TTFF went.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2008, 03:38:23 PM »
.I was disappointed to read that he claimed to not know who he was.  

Bakes dat is what annoy mih initially bout de whole thing...de man was just hemming and hawing about what happen.  Why not just come out and say yes I threw him out.  He just kept side stepping giving a direct answer as if he KNOW he do shit...if yuh throw him out,  just say so.

Anywho ah done....we goh have disagree on dis one.... :beermug:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2008, 03:39:10 PM »
....oh and de Darth Vader thing....funny man, funny....

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2008, 03:48:33 PM »
.I was disappointed to read that he claimed to not know who he was.  

Bakes dat is what annoy mih initially bout de whole thing...de man was just hemming and hawing about what happen.  Why not just come out and say yes I threw him out.  He just kept side stepping giving a direct answer as if he KNOW he do shit...if yuh throw him out,  just say so.

Anywho ah done....we goh have disagree on dis one.... :beermug:
I personally think he playing coward...I think this whole thing about the rest of the media taking umbrage have him frighten that he bringing more on he head than he could bear.  Man like me woulda tell dem tuh haul dey ass if dey vex...that what the should be outraged at is a stool pigeon like Fuentes calling heself ah journalist.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2008, 03:49:29 PM »
I gotta say that we're all playing into Jacks hands here. Most of the posts here have been concerned with the removal of Shaun Fuentes. Magicians call this technique DISTRACTION. This is what Jack and Ollie are doing.
Magicians call it patter. And the fact of the matter is most of us aren't "distracted" as you say. We simply don't expect anything else to come out of the "important core subject". Accountability is as welcome in TTFF as Dennis Rodman in a Mormon church.

This way of handling their affairs didn't start now, and it definitely not going to finish now. When you have to go to a movie that you've already seen 5 times what do you do? You spend time on less important things, like watching the scenery, scoping out the girls passing with the popcorn, macco the youth who trying to get his arm around he date in smart, count the number of people who sleeping...

Welcome to Trinidad KSM. Trust me, in a little while, even you will be bored of seeing the same damn thing over and over again.

Don't shoot the messenger, guys, but also don't let him into the showers until you know hes got a girlfriend. 
???
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »
Sports Ministry says no to TTFF Media.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Once again the Ministry of Sport has said that it was dissatisfied with the TTFF’s presentation of a developmental programme and accounted budget, claiming that they continue to be unacceptable. The question remains who in the Ministry of Sport is deemed fit enough to describe as unfit a football program that is drawn up by a Federation which has former great Lincoln Phillips as its technical director as well as Colombian-born head coach Francisco Maturana on board.

Will someone help me understand this las' paragraph please. Thanks.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2008, 04:27:12 PM »
There are several reports of Hunt being discourteous and of bringing a pompous private sector attitude to the Ministry. They are too numerous to reject outright. He is hopeless inelegant in all of his pronouncements as well.   

I support the request for accountability though.
yuh mean effiencey? That ministry liek alot others is run ind e dinasour age? imagine this day and age the minister doesnt have emails getting directly to him instead they have to be fwded to the tech department and then someone has to print it out and carried to him? steups  the ineffiency and well trinidad lackadasical attitude is irksome. And as i keep saying alyuh know i not a fan of the pnm  but allyuh taking ttff propaganda.
 lot of people in the ministry complaining cause de man demanding work done and done properly.  All i hadda say is inna timin. He in charge of the ministry for how loong now?? give him some time. But he wroking with an arhciac system and culture..
My mother works for A ministry and is de worse and de best, worse to get anythign done and best place for a lime on a friday!!!

I can't/won't comment on anything else in this thread besides the 'private sector' thing.

that is exactly the kinda management what they need down there
is like some people feel that is their birthright to work for 2 hours and get paid for 10 or show up for work when they want to or treat customers with scant courtesy?
is the same taxpayers money going down the drain paying them to be unproductive, then they go turn round and complain bout why we ent have enough police vehicles or the hospital need beds..steups
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2008, 04:27:27 PM »
I hope this post go to 100 pages. More than the JA/TT football post. All yuh continue arguing.

I feel for Shaun, but I on the minister's side. He is new to the job. He might not know the protocol for the news conferences. That being said, the main issue is the TTFF accountability. Let us focus on that for the time being.

I have said before,. I am the ultimate BALL JUMBIE. I sleep, eat and dream football,  the gov't should not give Jack a blank check for football.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2008, 04:31:19 PM »
[/size]

Once again the Ministry of Sport has said that it was dissatisfied with the TTFF’s presentation of a developmental programme and accounted budget, claiming that they continue to be unacceptable. The question remains who in the Ministry of Sport is deemed fit enough to describe as unfit a football program that is drawn up by a Federation which has former great Lincoln Phillips as its technical director as well as Colombian-born head coach Francisco Maturana on board.

maybe the Powerpoint presentation wasn't done right?
or it didn't have enough special effects and animation  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2008, 04:35:21 PM »
[/size]

According to de stoolie distinguished media poser...how dare the Ministry of sport try and judge the football programs of the TTFF...when dem ent have nobody qualified tuh try and judge, and de TTFF have LP (see how conveniently they throwing he name out dey now?) and Mats on it side. 

What Maturana know about de football developmental programme in Trinidad?  He eh even finish he cup ah coffee yet.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2008, 04:43:49 PM »
Leave the tech. staff out of this. Maturana and Lincoln could make all the recommendations. Jack will impliment them when he feels that it is convenient for his modus operandi.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2008, 04:53:53 PM »
[/size]

Doc...yes...what you are thinking he couldn't be saying is exactly what he is saying. Apparently, The Ministry is not qualified to critique  the Budget of the TTFF simply because Lincoln Phillips and Maturana working for the TTFF.This is despite the fact that LP get relegated to goalkeeping coach or some such thing, and Maturana just start.

Nonsensical and childish to say the least.

He just echoing what he hear jack and dem say.
Two islands are better than one.

1]; } ?>