March 28, 2024, 04:31:41 AM

Author Topic: Sports Ministry says no to TTFF Media.  (Read 20721 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Sports Ministry says no to TTFF Media.
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2008, 10:53:31 PM »
maybe the Powerpoint presentation wasn't done right?
or it didn't have enough special effects and animation  ;D
aye dais ah westcoastesque type post
careful some on here dont cuss you for such speculation oui
 :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2008, 11:06:14 PM »
Sports Ministry says no to TTFF Media.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Once again the Ministry of Sport has said that it was dissatisfied with the TTFF’s presentation of a developmental programme and accounted budget, claiming that they continue to be unacceptable. The question remains who in the Ministry of Sport is deemed fit enough to describe as unfit a football program that is drawn up by a Federation which has former great Lincoln Phillips as its technical director as well as Colombian-born head coach Francisco Maturana on board.

Will someone help me understand this las' paragraph please. Thanks.

Doc...yes...what you are thinking he couldn't be saying is exactly what he is saying. Apparently, The Ministry is not qualified to critique  the Budget of the TTFF simply because Lincoln Phillips and Maturana working for the TTFF.This is despite the fact that LP get relegated to goalkeeping coach or some such thing, and Maturana just start.

Nonsensical and childish to say the least.

He just echoing what he hear jack and dem say.
No read it again daiz not what he say
it was dissatisfied with the TTFF’s presentation of a developmental programme and accounted budget
and this last part
The question remains who in the Ministry of Sport is deemed fit enough to describe as unfit a football program that is drawn up by a Federation which has former great Lincoln Phillips as its technical director as well as Colombian-born head coach Francisco Maturana on board
see nothing about the budget .So he saying the ministry cant tell these two greats how to run a development program .Thats all doc.

truetrini

« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2008, 11:08:02 PM »
what yuh mean nutten about de budget?

I confused..I feeling like KND now.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2008, 11:11:06 PM »
everybody need to hold their horses. Accountability begins with spending your own money. No more back door let jack foot de bill type shit. If we want accountability then let us first accept that jack didnt become as powerful as he did by accident. If everytime something big in football happening and yuh have to run to uncle jack to front some millions and then yuh want to pay it on de back end what do people really expect? Is like de American Federal Government. Doh take dey money if yuh dont want dem in yuh business. In retrospect I see Castro was criticised. With everything that Castro is he wasnt takin Jack money and hence would not be in the position that TnT is in right now.
Warren N. Boucaud

truetrini

« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2008, 11:14:40 PM »
everybody need to hold their horses. Accountability begins with spending your own money. No more back door let jack foot de bill type shit. If we want accountability then let us first accept that jack didnt become as powerful as he did by accident. If everytime something big in football happening and yuh have to run to uncle jack to front some millions and then yuh want to pay it on de back end what do people really expect? Is like de American Federal Government. Doh take dey money if yuh dont want dem in yuh business. In retrospect I see Castro was criticised. With everything that Castro is he wasnt takin Jack money and hence would not be in the position that TnT is in right now.

Well if I thought I was confused before is now ah tie up like ah if I in ah S&M Bondage store.

Care to explain yuh post please?  Castro?  Running to uncle Jack?  How, who and when?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2008, 11:17:33 PM »
what yuh mean nutten about de budget?

I confused..I feeling like KND now.
In the paragraph doc asked about ,Shawn said the Ministry said it was ....

dissatisfied with the TTFF’s presentation of a developmental programme and accounted budget, claiming that they continue to be unacceptable.

Thats two things

Now Shawns own opinion ,notice he just commented on only the Running of Football programs ,and did not try to justify anything about money .lol

who in the Ministry of Sport is deemed fit enough to describe as unfit a football program that is drawn up by a Federation which has former great Lincoln Phillips as its technical director as well as Colombian-born head coach Francisco Maturana on board.

truetrini

« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2008, 11:19:17 PM »
dais wha yuh does get fuh jumping in people business...ok ah overs now.

he brakesing yuh saying.

Shaun does do we favours eh, so me eh fighting him down.

But the TTFF making life hard fuh we boy.

Oh lorse.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2008, 11:25:45 PM »
Yah could tell he was still fuming when he wrote this .Keep your friends close and your enemies closer eh .

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2008, 11:26:24 PM »

Well if I thought I was confused before is now ah tie up like ah if I in ah S&M Bondage store.

Care to explain yuh post please?  Castro?  Running to uncle Jack?  How, who and when?

S & M bondage??? lololol  Wow dat sound like a fantasy of yours TT. What I was saying about Castro is not that he took jack money but rather he would not have taken no private sector/outsider money so he would not have the problems that we have in tnt. In an earlier post i saw Castro name jumpin up and as devisive as Castro might be he is also independent and would have paid for everything with government funds. TnT however for decades now have relied on uncle jck financially and though they may be trying to break de yoke now yuh dont get rid of de mafia easy so. So my point is jack is where he is primarily because de government made it so and now they just trying to dodge de bullet. First they must accept openly then tell uncle jack we dont need no more fronted funds from yuh... if we still owe yuh anything we go handle it but we done with yuh bank-rollin we.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2008, 12:50:32 AM »

My 2cents on this whole thing.

1. No Ministry will ever be run like the private sector.
 The civil service regulations just will not allow that (weary69 could confirm)
I personaly don't want the ministries to be anything like the private sector since it is common knowledge that the sucessful private sector is corrupt, self centered and very nasty.

You could talk about the productivity of the government workers but that is an entirley different matter.

The Ministries are to execute goverment policy and support the private sector in this case the sporting organisations.

Every year the sports ministry's budget is presented to the minister of finance and F and GP for approval in the national budget. The sporting orgs will provide plans, programs and budget for the year to inform this.
Cabinet through the advice of the minister of finance and in this case the sports minister will make their case and the budget or part of will be approved. The funds aproved will then be disbursed to the relevant sporting organisations once the criteria for is met for the disbursement (this is normally a simple accounting type document).
This probably explains why the Minister held the press conference i.e they asked for the audited accounts in order to make the disbursement.

For the PSIP (Public service investment plan) which is capital expenditure , the sports company is set up to run this however I see that they are also getting involved in funding basketball leagues etc.

2. TTFF will never give the GOTT a full audited statement of accounts.

The reason not being that Jack will be exposed for corruption or anything like that but because it will show how much the TTFF is indebted to Jack.
a. The buildings they rent is owned by Jack
b. Jack pays the salaries.
c. Jack pays for all the other expenses (travelling, courses etc)
d. The interest Jack is charging is probably of the same magnitude of TT credit cards 25 to 30 %

What this means is that TTFF is in debt to Jack to the tune of millions and millions of dollars.
If this ever sees the light of day our football is going to go into a terminal tailspin.

The issue with Shawn and this press conference should never have happened.
The proposed meeting between the ministry and TTFF would not have been open to the Media, the decisions coming out of that meeting would have been presented to the media after the meeting.
The Ministry had to know that TTFF would never attend a meeting where they could not provide the goods and TTFF asking for a formal agenda was a escape for them.
So what the Minister had was a straight press conference on football.
Shawn had no alternative but to attend this because it is his job albeit under the umbrella of being the media officer of TTFF.
Shawn should not have been allowed inside the building, first by security and secondly by the Ministries communication department.
I think what happened is that nobody thought anything of it until the Minister displayed his displeasure from there it went bad. This Nunez person is probably not well trained and could not in this situatation quickly advise the Minister that it would be better to let Shawn be than make an issue of it since the Ministry has nothing to hide anyway. The Minister also is not very quick on his feet for him not to realise that also.
This man is essentially a seamstriss and we should not really expect any better from him.

So there you have it.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2008, 06:50:06 AM »
maybe the Powerpoint presentation wasn't done right?
or it didn't have enough special effects and animation  ;D
aye dais ah westcoastesque type post
careful some on here dont cuss you for such speculation oui
 :devil: :devil:
yeah boy yuh right  :D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

truetrini

« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2008, 06:58:11 AM »
Yuh is meh boy, but ah have tuh take yuh to task!    Sorry!

I personaly don't want the ministries to be anything like the private sector since it is common knowledge that the sucessful private sector is corrupt, self centered and very nasty.

We have had multiple examples of corrupt and nasty Governmental agencies/Ministeries.  Time to take a private sector mentality to Government business is a necessity, as it pertains to accountability, management and productivity...sorry, but it is essential and is being done worldwide!  Trim the fat, stop bleeding money, be more efficient are the watch words!

You could talk about the productivity of the government workers but that is an entirley different matter.

The Ministries are to execute goverment policy and support the private sector in this case the sporting organisations.

Every year the sports ministry's budget is presented to the minister of finance and F and GP for approval in the national budget. The sporting orgs will provide plans, programs and budget for the year to inform this.
Cabinet through the advice of the minister of finance and in this case the sports minister will make their case and the budget or part of will be approved. The funds aproved will then be disbursed to the relevant sporting organisations once the criteria for is met for the disbursement (this is normally a simple accounting type document).
This probably explains why the Minister held the press conference i.e they asked for the audited accounts in order to make the disbursement.

For the PSIP (Public service investment plan) which is capital expenditure , the sports company is set up to run this however I see that they are also getting involved in funding basketball leagues etc.

The reason not being that Jack will be exposed for corruption or anything like that but because it will show how much the TTFF is indebted to Jack.

And you think that this is NOT evidence of corruption?  An audited statement of accounts will show how money was expended. Is there any doubt in your mind that Jack and his minions have been honestly using Football revenues/grants/etc. legitimately?

d. The interest Jack is charging is probably of the same magnitude of TT credit cards 25 to 30 %

Not sure if T&T has usury laws, but that is big percentages dey..I am not sure where you get your figures, but if accurate that in itself is corrupt and deceitful...for a man who states that he loves T&T and T&T football, he sure has a funny way of showing it..ent?    And as for paying traveling etc.  That is an inaccurate statement.  We all know about his Simpauls and its role in T&T football, indeed in regional ball!
What this means is that TTFF is in debt to Jack to the tune of millions and millions of dollars.
If this ever sees the light of day our football is going to go into a terminal tailspin.

That is hard to fathom because Jack cannot provide any audited statements of revenue and expenditure, so one will NEVER know what is owed, what was borrowed and how much was stolen!

The proposed meeting between the ministry and TTFF would not have been open to the Media, the decisions coming out of that meeting would have been presented to the media after the meeting.
The Ministry had to know that TTFF would never attend a meeting where they could not provide the goods and TTFF asking for a formal agenda was a escape for them.

Well then it is actually a brilliant move by the Government.  Jack is free to use the T&T Guardian to excoritate and denigrate the Government and the Sports Minister, but the Ministry has no right to publicly present its case?  If Jack had indeed loaned the TTFF monies to keep that organization afloat, then it would be an easy matter to present audited documentation proving such and at the same time back up his claims that the GORTT has not been true to its promise to support ther TTFF as well as?  Would that not have been a better alternative than asking for an agenda?  JAck and Camps could easily have refuted the GORTT's claims!

Not entirely true.  The Ministry claims it was a press conference aimed at reconciliation and at clearing the air.  They have every right to publicly notify the citizens of T&T where their money was going!

Shawn had no alternative but to attend this because it is his job albeit under the umbrella of being the media officer of TTFF.

Shaun had every right NOT to attend as his employers refused to attend based on their reasoning...NO Agenda, no attendance!

Shawn should not have been allowed inside the building, first by security and secondly by the Ministries communication department.

The truth should hold for Jack Warner...he should have no access to the TTFF coffers...mistakes happen right?  Then how can you say Shaun should not have been there, yet claim earlier that he had every right to be there?

I think what happened is that nobody thought anything of it until the Minister displayed his displeasure from there it went bad. This Nunez person is probably not well trained and could not in this situatation quickly advise the Minister that it would be better to let Shawn be than make an issue of it since the Ministry has nothing to hide anyway. The Minister also is not very quick on his feet for him not to realise that also.
This man is essentially a seamstriss and we should not really expect any better from him.

I see no reason for calling the minister ah cloth cutter..none whatsoever!   :devil:

So there you have it.

So there YOU have it!

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2008, 07:33:50 AM »

So there you have it.

I think this post pretty much sums things up. However, I would like to offer a couple of thoughts.

Maybe, just maybe, Hunt is cleverer than we all think. Maybe he called the meeting with TTFF knowing they would not bring along the accounts. He really boxed them in. Hunts the good guy coz we wants to give money to football, but he can't just dish it out without accountability.
Round 1 to Hunt.

Hunt knows Fuentes will attend the press conference. Hunt lets him in, because he wants all of T&Ts media to see him throw out Fuentes. He's sending a public message to Jack.  Hunt is saying "Jack, I ain't no pussy. I have no respect for you or any member of TTFF. The game is up and I'm coming after you."
Round 2 to Hunt.

Hunt has now publically declared that he's not happy with TTFFs accounts. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES can Hunt now award money to TTFF without a TTFF audit. Everybody will crucify Hunt if he gave money to an organisation that has publically been accused of (at best) poor accounting. So anytime that Jack and Ollie whines in the press, journalists should be asking them why the accounts haven't been produced. All Hunt is doing is protecting taxpayers money. How can he be a bad guy?
Round 3 to Hunt.

TTFF and Jack need to be very careful now. If there is any indication that TTFF money is improperly spent, Hunt will call in the Fraud Squad (don't know if you have this in T&T) to suspend TTFF pending a full forensic audit. FIFA cannot object as tis is not a football matter. FIFA cannot be seen to support fraud.

With regards to Jacks grip over TTFF, this is easy to resolve. TTFF can go bankrupt. Jack can then reclaim 10% of provable debt from the TTFF shareholders and directors. The govt and people of T&T owe Jack nothing.

Also, I wonder if Jack has committed fraud when he mortgaged his property. You usually have to state the reason you wish to use the funds for i.e. home improvements, debt consolidation etc. So on Jacks application, did he state the money is for paying the debts of someone elses company in which he has no official interest?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2008, 08:33:24 AM »
TT is tears oui

start off de post hot and sweaty contrastin castro tactics and callin de ppl island ah "shit ass country"
But den turn around wit he best air hostess voice and say 'please dont bring you personal politics into this'  ;D

Either way, we gettin mired in the minutiae of dis ting again

Whether Hunt right or Fuentes right....Jack usin de SAME tactic he use last time....demand free taxpayers money with no accountability...if he doh get it, go to the media and bawl PNM oppressin black people.
Last time Boynes acquiesce ... and we see how de vampire bite the players and the taxpayers
Sadis eh even change he strategy this rounds

Sorry to say we go hadda emotionally divorce weself from 2010,,..if not, check FF signature for the rest
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2008, 08:59:50 AM »
dutty, that is regional politics...nutten personal, was jes stating fax breds.

Cuba now allowing dem citizens to enter hotels dey  miucrowaves and cell phones now available too

if dat eh shit arsew...den what is?

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2008, 09:08:49 AM »
Take allyuh facking personal politics out ah dis.

Jack is de Kaka hole with de capital K.

The Minister has every right to run his ministry like ah private business in the sense that he decide he eh taking shit!

He was wrong to have Fuentes put out of the meeting.

If he did not know who Fuentes was, he ahd every right to assume he was press.   Additionally, he is ultimatley responsible for the actions of his staff.

In fairness though, I can also see the Ministry's position of Fuentes filming the goings-on as a paid rep of the TTFF especially after the TTFF oficals snubbed the meeting.

The Ministry's response is suspect, if as Shaun reports, he was asked why he was there from the get go!

I
Thank You!!!

This is not about politics people. Get it straight.

The TTFF is accountable to no one. Why do you think they don't get private sector support?

The minister has to ensure that tax dollars are accounted for. This is true for any expenditure including private jets. Even if the minister was wrong about Fuentes don't let that cloud the actual issue here.
TnT Patriot

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2008, 09:15:43 AM »

Cuba now allowing dem citizens to enter hotels dey  miucrowaves and cell phones now available too

Dat eh FAX..dais your opinion
but I eh go pollute de thread with ah nex "shit ass" country flag waving issues.

Today its about Jack Fuentes Hunt show
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2008, 09:25:22 AM »
As I said before I am all for finding out from Jackula and he croonies what de hell they doing wid we money....

As for the Fuentes situation I raised the point (cuz I don't know), what is the procedure are you supposed to get invited or can you just show up?  He is an accredited media person who stated that he would usually attend press conferences before without trouble.  De Sports Ministry should have dealt with it decisively the moment he arrived and tell him to leave.  

And to say that Fuentes is not media or a journalist because he has yet to defend Lasana is not fair, Lasana has been "battling" Jack by himself and doesn't have the full support of his media colleagues.
And it the question has been raised before, can we really expect Shaun to speak out against the TTFF??...

My initial reaction to what happened stemmed from what appears to be yet another incident involving this Minister.  And then he tries to twist the facts about what happen and blame his PR person.  Lawd fadder....ah don't know how much more unprofessional you could get.

As I said before, all in all the only thing that going to suffer further because of adminstration is the state of the game in this country and that is enough to make me feel  :'( :frustrated: :banginghead: :banginghead:

This latest incident eh helping nobody....
You not making sense.

SEAN FUENTES IS THE PRO OF THE TTFF. HE IS NOT A JOURNALIST

You get it now!!!
TnT Patriot

truetrini

« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2008, 09:27:04 AM »

Dat eh FAX..dais your opinion
but I eh go pollute de thread with ah nex "shit ass" country flag waving issues.

Today its about Jack Fuentes Hunt show

yuh SHAWn yuh eh HUNTing fuh ting?

Is facts breds, I eh make up nutten about Cuba

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2008, 10:18:22 AM »
All I know Shawn is hook we up with Interviews and Vids ,even doh jack must be hate we .So I like shawn .So yeah nothing wrong having friends on the dark side.....2 more cents.
CAH WAIT FOR HE TO POST IT ON YOUTUBE. I PRESSING REFRESH EVERY MINUTE. http://youtube.com/user/TnTSocaWarriors
Good one ;D ;D

like Shaun fraid or what. or the ministry confiscate he video, :rotfl: i aint seeing nothing yet

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2008, 10:35:59 AM »
I think this post pretty much sums things up. However, I would like to offer a couple of thoughts.

Maybe, just maybe, Hunt is cleverer than we all think. Maybe he called the meeting with TTFF knowing they would not bring along the accounts. He really boxed them in. Hunts the good guy coz we wants to give money to football, but he can't just dish it out without accountability.
Round 1 to Hunt.

Hunt knows Fuentes will attend the press conference. Hunt lets him in, because he wants all of T&Ts media to see him throw out Fuentes. He's sending a public message to Jack.  Hunt is saying "Jack, I ain't no pussy. I have no respect for you or any member of TTFF. The game is up and I'm coming after you."
Round 2 to Hunt.

Hunt has now publically declared that he's not happy with TTFFs accounts. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES can Hunt now award money to TTFF without a TTFF audit. Everybody will crucify Hunt if he gave money to an organisation that has publically been accused of (at best) poor accounting. So anytime that Jack and Ollie whines in the press, journalists should be asking them why the accounts haven't been produced. All Hunt is doing is protecting taxpayers money. How can he be a bad guy?
I hope that his STAYING POWER overwhelms those who support dear Jack.
Round 3 to Hunt.

TTFF and Jack need to be very careful now. If there is any indication that TTFF money is improperly spent, Hunt will call in the Fraud Squad (don't know if you have this in T&T) to suspend TTFF pending a full forensic audit. FIFA cannot object as tis is not a football matter. FIFA cannot be seen to support fraud.
Well KSM, I think that FIFA HAS shown in the past that they do in fact supported FRAUD.

With regards to Jacks grip over TTFF, this is easy to resolve. TTFF can go bankrupt. Jack can then reclaim 10% of provable debt from the TTFF shareholders and directors. The govt and people of T&T owe Jack nothing.
That will NEVER happen with FIFA's blessing as Jack put Sepp in Power

Also, I wonder if Jack has committed fraud when he mortgaged his property. You usually have to state the reason you wish to use the funds for i.e. home improvements, debt consolidation etc. So on Jacks application, did he state the money is for paying the debts of someone elses company in which he has no official interest?

I concur with MOST of this
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 10:43:01 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2008, 10:44:15 AM »
All I know Shawn is hook we up with Interviews and Vids ,even doh jack must be hate we .So I like shawn .So yeah nothing wrong having friends on the dark side.....2 more cents.
CAH WAIT FOR HE TO POST IT ON YOUTUBE. I PRESSING REFRESH EVERY MINUTE. http://youtube.com/user/TnTSocaWarriors
Good one ;D ;D

like Shaun fraid or what. or the ministry confiscate he video, :rotfl: i aint seeing nothing yet
Hunt "cut eye" must have confabulated the man so much he ent even turn on de camera :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2008, 12:46:03 PM »
.I was disappointed to read that he claimed to not know who he was. 

Bakes dat is what annoy mih initially bout de whole thing...de man was just hemming and hawing about what happen.  Why not just come out and say yes I threw him out.  He just kept side stepping giving a direct answer as if he KNOW he do shit...if yuh throw him out,  just say so.

Anywho ah done....we goh have disagree on dis one.... :beermug:

The man is a politician. That's how they survive by always spinning and never admitting anything. If you doh play the game...u cah survive in the world of politics.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2008, 12:56:56 PM »

b. Jack pays the salaries.. Jack pays for all the other expenses (travelling, courses etc)

So there you have it.

Based on this post I have a REAL,REAL serious question to ask here:

Do the majority of die hard, knowledgeable, experienced posters on this board STILL believe that it is Jack money funding the program?

It is FIFA's money that Jack TAKES from us and passes of as his own and then turn around and say he using it (now his money) on our behalf. Jack not spending one of his cents on us. All that money is supposed to come to the federation for the development of football in the country and the caribbean etc. It is not JACK's money. Jack just holds the purse strings and authorises the release of the money thus he is able to put it in his various accounts first. Don't you know the amount of money FIFA gives per country for development? It is more than anythign we use thus far in our life over the years on our football programs. Plus, he takes this money and then turns around and asks the government to pay for most of the things and blames the government for stuff the federation was already given funding by FIFA for. I really did not think these things were still hidden from the public after the Germany 2006.

The one thing we can be grateful to Jack for is that when FIFA gives CONCACAF money, Trinidad guarantee to have some ploughed back into the program after AFTER Jack steal it. Some other smaller countries in Concacaf probably getting less than 10% of what they probably allowed.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2008, 01:23:24 PM »
No need to quibble on the rest of your post...but I have to disagree with a few things.

So what the Minister had was a straight press conference on football.Shawn had no alternative but to attend this because it is his job albeit under the umbrella of being the media officer of TTFF.

The minister didn't have a press conference on "football" fella...in case you haven't been following, it was a press conference to discuss the expenditure of PUBLIC FUNDS, given to a federation that then refuses to be accountable for how those funds were expended.  Shaun Fuentes didn't NEED to be there...his handlers NEEDED to be there.  what you mean he had no alternative but to attend?  Did Shawn Fuentes attend any Pro League press conferences last year?  How come he wasn't at the Pro League event with Shaka, Dexter Skeene et al?  What..he wasn't a journalist then? Don't send the minion, let satan himself come and give account.

So there you have it.

All this talk about "Shawn should not have been allowed inside building" is nonsense.  Again, Shaun Fuentes likely wasn't on anybody's mind until he decided to present himself front and center saying he filming the press conference.  Since when does Shaun Fuentes film government press conferences?  Let him stick to interviewing Anton Corneal and players in the locker room.  Meanwhile some ah allyuh keep falling for the same ole rope-a-dope.  Stick, move, bob and weave....when Jack done allyuh still wondering what hit allyuh.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2008, 02:08:38 PM »
Why MATT eh do some investigative journalism  and find out what goin on in d TTFF. As far as where I sit Fuentes  eh no journalist he is d spin Dr for d TTF. He does his wuk well so doh b tryion 2 change yuh leporard spots.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2008, 02:43:19 PM »
For years the cry has been accountability within the TTFF and not one thing has been done...all the Ministry is asking for is a detailed account of how 12 million dollars was spent. Had the TTFF been on the up and up that would not have been a difficult thing since the request doesn't go back 5 or ten years but two. Why is the TTFF so unwilling to divulge how that money is spent?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2008, 03:00:10 PM »
Any 2x2 organizations could give u a report 4 d last 2 yrs. Dey eh ask for how u pocket d money FIFA give yuh all dey want 2 know is how u spend my tax dollars.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2008, 11:02:29 PM »
No need to quibble on the rest of your post...but I have to disagree with a few things.

So what the Minister had was a straight press conference on football.Shawn had no alternative but to attend this because it is his job albeit under the umbrella of being the media officer of TTFF.

The minister didn't have a press conference on "football" fella...in case you haven't been following, it was a press conference to discuss the expenditure of PUBLIC FUNDS, given to a federation that then refuses to be accountable for how those funds were expended.  Shaun Fuentes didn't NEED to be there...his handlers NEEDED to be there.  what you mean he had no alternative but to attend?  Did Shawn Fuentes attend any Pro League press conferences last year?  How come he wasn't at the Pro League event with Shaka, Dexter Skeene et al?  What..he wasn't a journalist then? Don't send the minion, let satan himself come and give account.

So there you have it.

All this talk about "Shawn should not have been allowed inside building" is nonsense.  Again, Shaun Fuentes likely wasn't on anybody's mind until he decided to present himself front and center saying he filming the press conference.  Since when does Shaun Fuentes film government press conferences?  Let him stick to interviewing Anton Corneal and players in the locker room.  Meanwhile some ah allyuh keep falling for the same ole rope-a-dope.  Stick, move, bob and weave....when Jack done allyuh still wondering what hit allyuh.

Shawn needed to attend because his handlers probably told him to.

The normal procedure for entering any ministry is telling the security guard at the entrance who you going to, having yhe security guard call the person you going to to confirm and then being issued with a visitors pass. How did he get in then ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2008, 11:51:15 PM »
Fish u correck d Public service is like a dinosaur dat is why u have SPORTT, Educaton Facilities co etc it is 2 get tings done quickly. How come d Pro League could dot dey eyes and cross dey t's and get money from SPORTT.

Let Jack just morgage another property and continue 2 run he organize like a rum shop wit out my money

1]; } ?>