April 26, 2024, 01:16:57 PM

Author Topic: Bring back the Love  (Read 3720 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Bring back the Love
« on: April 05, 2008, 11:45:18 AM »
"Where Is The Love?"

What's wrong with the forum people?
People talking like they ain't got no love no more
Every thread is full of drama
Postings seems to be attracted to things that'll bring trauma
 Football talk of overseas players taking away from locals
putting restrictions on how many as oppose to propping up the country
Where is the love for each individual?

Frustrations boiling over to antagonism against some Jamaicans
Notice some people stop posting
‘cause all others do is keep on attacking

Why we so?  some call it pecong but sometimes it doh look so
This forum at one time was so sweet now it appears to be full of heat

Where is the respect for ones’ opinions?
Can’t we agree to respectfully disagree?

One nation, one country one people
 Just coming to communicate why the hate?

Certain posters become targets of rage
While others continue to rant as if they are the forum sage
If some eh like yuh post , man running to kill it down
How we will ever get along?

Ole talk use to be sweet
Now we only looking to beat down one another with heat

Upmanship, showmanship, bravado

Bring back the respect; bring back the ole talk bring back the familiar posters to the forum
We could show pride without ethnocentrism
We have a community to serve all yet some in here looking for props
At the expense of others?

Where is the love?
Where is the respect?
Where is the support for fellow man?

As I'm gettin' older, y'all, people gets colder
Most of us only care about  self idolotry makin'
Selfishness got us followin' our wrong direction
Negative images is the main criteria
Infecting the young minds faster than bacteria

Yo', whatever happened to the values of humanity
Whatever happened to the fairness in equality
Instead of spreading love we're spreading animosity
Lack of understanding, leading lives away from unity

Now ask yourself

Where is the love?
Where is the love?
Where is the love?
Where is the love?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Bring back the Love
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 12:10:25 PM »
nice post Alberta  :beermug:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 03:33:45 PM »
Alberta yuh seem very talanted can we do som business .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 03:58:29 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
now THAT is a good post
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 05:07:18 PM »
Love.....
I honestly find you using that word quite loosely, especially since this is a virtual world. Understandable if this was reality. Ah like ya lyrics.

The way I see it AB and correct me if i'm wrong, this is a forum where all walks of life comes in and put in their 2 cents worth on any topic. At your job, your household even in a lime with your friends everybody does agree on things discussed ??? I'm sure in conversations with friends a phrase ie "boy ya is ah ass" does pass. Cussing is a tired means of communicating with one another.  We gain respect by respecting ourselves first...not so ??? So why worry about what people say about you ??? This is a virtual world. If some people want to take the virtual world and bring it into their reality, then these people I consider to have some serious issues. Seek threapy.

If you coming with the mentality of creating a thread or even post something and expecting everyone to agree with you, then friends, we in the wrong place, not even in reality (unless you surround yourself with arse kissers).

If you are use to posting shit and discussion irrelvant to the thread, you looking for a cuss. Plain and simple. There are some posters born to irritate the life out of people. THEY ARE AROUND.  Some let it be known that "hey you are a jackass", others just close down they laptop or just switich off their computer. We have choices, I have a choice of either making people get to me or just say another "lawd, another clunt in the mist.....leave he so."

There are some posters I REFUSE to read anything they post, simply because they make no sense to me. I tolerate some posters because yes dey cuss and call people names constantly, but thats how they post - accept it or move on. There are some posters i'll actually search for their posts because they make me laugh or I actually learn something.

What rule is there in ANY forum on the web world that states you have to read every single post or get involved in every single thread ???  There are some posters who thinks it necessary to post in every single thread on both sides of the boarder (ah mean Football and General Disccussion). Fine, you have something to put on the table, I have no problem with that...post ya post. But and the BUT is big, you are trolling, and constantly seeing post upon post with nothing of substance, makes you an easy target for a cuss and name calling. Again, post ya post, but bring something that is worth a though and a conversation to the table. It is simple!! If you have nothing to say...remove ya damn fingers from dey keyboard.

Look at this same thread. You typed in your thoughts, you have 3.5 positive responses. What makes you think after let's say 3 pages they all will be positive ??? Should you care? This isn't the first time you created a thread with your thoughts right ? I'm sure if you bring up the others you will see mixed feelings.   That is how the world turns.

End of story.

There are too many important things happening in reality for me to be bothered with strangers in a forum. I've met quite a few of you once or twice since i've been on this forum, yet i still consider you all strangers. 

my 6 cents
But other than dat, good poem.....well done.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 05:10:25 PM by TriniCana »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 09:12:51 PM »
Yes well Gyul I agree with you about this world of virtual reality, I think many are still figuring  what the rules of engagement are. We are either wholeheartedly embracing the  given reality of what we know virtually of each other or we are  in an environment of anonymity but still acting as if we are within grasp of each other.
An objective level of detachment does provide for  a sense of callousness and disregard of others I noticed while some are ok with that, others seem to be affected by the written word and the impact of it on emotions. Thus showing that virtual detachment does not always equate with emotional detachment.

Given all of this, I still advocate for a more civil form of interaction with each other as we  troll along the forum community.  Personally, I choose to respond when I feel like it. I don't  get to frazzle by the not so popular responses and who eh take me on....oh well.....
Happy engaging
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:14:58 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 11:00:43 PM »
some people cyar take basket,but yuh post could make ah sweet calypso.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 08:59:48 AM »
Alberta all that post need is ah bottle and spoon, ah quattro and yuh ready to go
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 09:28:36 AM »
cold weather does confuffle de brains oui. ::)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 09:44:56 AM »
what is get me is the line ,yah see some ppl not posting  ??? ,not really ,but what could I do if berris is cuss jamette 2099   , .I cant worry about other ppl shit ,and really daiz just imagination ,cause me ent know if daiz why there stop posting .
Some ppl just  delecate ,the rest of your post is good ,is just that part about ppl stoping posting .

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 10:05:34 AM »
Alberta all that post need is ah bottle and spoon, ah quattro and yuh ready to go
Ah bottle ah what...Ex-lax?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 10:11:48 AM »
Q you just opened up another section in this thing...and ya damn right

It have posters who does wanna buss ole talk/picong/shit talk. but when is dere turn to receive, they jump in dey gutter.  BEST solution - if ya cyah take, shut ya fackin mouth.  

Every thread has ah topic heading...right ? Started by someone...right ?? If ya know to yaself dat dat poster does come with topics that ya know will start ah war, why bother to go in and get ya blood pressure up ???

Is your fault....allyuh too damn fass

Dat is dey major problem in here. Another one is people jus doh know how to ignore others.
Hopefully dey day wil come that it will have ah IGNORE button in dis blasted forum.

Ease dey tension....

steupse

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 10:30:58 AM »
It have posters who does wanna buss ole talk/picong/shit talk. but when is dere turn to receive, they jump in dey gutter.  BEST solution - if ya cyah take, shut ya fackin mouth.  

wait nah...you does cuss??

;D

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 10:38:13 AM »

Every thread has ah topic heading...right ? Started by someone...right ?? If ya know to yaself dat dat poster does come with topics that ya know will start ah war, why bother to go in and get ya blood pressure up ???

Dat is dey major problem in here. Another one is people jus doh know how to ignore others.
Hopefully dey day wil come that it will have ah IGNORE button in dis blasted forum.
Ease dey tension....

steupse

ah ask tallman about a year ago for that....about the same time a certain man rejoin the forum

BTW alberta how you like the snow yesterday  :devil: :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:40:16 AM by ricky »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 10:42:12 AM »

;D

Meeeeee ???
nah dat hadda be ah typo. But it too late to fix so ah go leave it jus so
but you self - ah take after some ole spanish relatives ah have ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 11:41:00 AM »

;D

Meeeeee ???

lol....and whooooo dat be ah wonder?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 01:33:03 PM »
  :rotfl:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 04:48:18 PM »

;D

Meeeeee ???

lol....and whooooo dat be ah wonder?

ya wonder right....dem ole spanish from arima straight down dey line to valencia.
especially dat one who have dey same name wid dey month. ;D

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 09:47:36 AM »

It have posters who does wanna buss ole talk/picong/shit talk. but when is dere turn to receive, they jump in dey gutter.  BEST solution - if ya cyah take, shut ya fackin mouth. 

Ease dey tension....

steupse

two very valid points sister.  it have no reason for man to get so heated about something on the internet.  in response to AB's post this forum has never been a place of peace and tranquility and i on here almost 3 yrs now and i sure men who here longer will testify to that also.   the lil lackaray is what makes this site what it is.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 10:01:51 AM »
Here's my poem:

you make 20 posts and they get read
their senselessness goes to my head
now if they've been discussed and then put to bed
Oh why, oh why do you resurrect them from the dead

Now you post a poem on the forum
I assume its open for public consultation
I think its BS thats my opinion
Is that a reason to send me a PM?

Where's the love?
Where's the respect?

- Omar Shakespeare 2008

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 02:46:21 PM »
Here's my poem:

you make 20 posts and they get read
their senselessness goes to my head
now if they've been discussed and then put to bed
Oh why, oh why do you resurrect them from the dead

Now you post a poem on the forum
I assume its open for public consultation
I think its BS thats my opinion
Is that a reason to send me a PM?

Where's the love?
Where's the respect?

- Omar Shakespeare 2008

:rotfl:

Alas, Poor Alberta

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 04:28:34 PM »
Dutty: There is no alas
I need no sympathy nor any  superficial  acknowledgments. I am simply putting out some random thoughts.

For those  who may think otherwise all I do is 'consider the source and move on' They are who they are and will be what they will be.
Happy  postings...

P.S. if I see the relevance of a current topic to one that has been discussed previously, it is my prerogative to resurrect an old postings. There have been many deep thoughts and discussions from some of the past postings. I think that is the beauty of this forum. One does not have to post  and forget about an issue. Th search engine gives one an opportunity to review, resurrect and to reflect on  past ideas.
So sad that some  find it senseless to talk of  things which mattered  in the past. Of course some also seem to enjoy the public forum of settling ole talk/or conflict rather than a private discourse they are much entrenched with the idea of  putting it out there.

Good rule  of thumb for me : I try to focus on the issue not the person. So while  I may post or start a thread, sometimes it is for feedback or to put some reflections out  there for public discourse and folks do have the right to react as they may. All I am getting at is that some  folks  ought to look more at the issue rather than continue the tirade of personally going after people at times.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 04:55:27 PM by AB.Trini »

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 04:41:07 PM »
two very valid points sister.  it have no reason for man to get so heated about something on the internet.  in response to AB's post this forum has never been a place of peace and tranquility and i on here almost 3 yrs now and i sure men who here longer will testify to that also.   the lil lackaray is what makes this site what it is.
Ent is almost eight years and is pure cuss out and picong.

Yet when it come to liming, de same men who does cuss one anodder out does be drinking together like is nutten...dey does be in unison and as comfortable as triniman in ah gay convention!  Or TI have tea and crumpets in East dry River with he gansta breds and dem.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2015, 09:44:12 PM »
What we need most I in T&T at this time- this election not creating love

1]; } ?>