April 26, 2024, 07:05:07 PM

Author Topic: Police abuse Former Ivorian Football Player!  (Read 847 times)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Police abuse Former Ivorian Football Player!
« on: April 11, 2008, 08:18:48 AM »
Former star Pokou beaten by police
First Published: Apr 10, 2008

Former Ivorian football player Laurent Pokou, seen here at his home in Abidjan, shows his injuries after he claims he was "savagely beaten" by the police during a routine control in Abidjan.
Former Ivorian star Laurent Pokou said Thursday he had been "savagely beaten" by the police during a routine control in Abidjan.

"After my vehicle papers had been checked the policeman asked to see my driving licence. I wanted him to hand back the other papers first and that's when it all started," said Pokou, the 61-year-old's face bearing the scars of Sunday night's incident with half a dozen police officers.

"They forced me to the ground and kicked me violently, treated me like a common criminal," said Pokou, saying he ended up badly bruised.

After obtaining a medical certificate he added he would be making a complaint.

Pokou was a star striker with ASEC Mimosas and the Ivorian national side across the 1960s and it was only this year that his 14 goals in the African Cup of Nations - six in 1968 and eight more in 1970 - was beaten as Cameroon's Samuel Eto'o took his haul to 16 in this year's event.

http://www.wldcup.com/news/2008/04/20080410_47916_soccer_news.html

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Police abuse Former Ivorian Football Player!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:24:26 AM »
what ?
dem police using LAPD video for their training or wha?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>