April 19, 2024, 10:10:36 PM

Author Topic: Digicel Kickstart Academy Thread.  (Read 21008 times)

Offline JW

• Mackem Abroad
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Eat My Goal
    • View Profile
    • Black Cats of North America
Digicel Kickstart Academy Thread.
« on: April 08, 2008, 09:44:03 PM »
Leston Paul at Sunderland?

I see that Leston Paul is the T&T representative in the 8 players that are over training with Sunderland, as part of the Digicel Kick Start clinics thing.

All I can find is that he is a midfielder... anyone able to fill in the blanks?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:14:20 AM by Flex »
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leston Paul at Sunderland?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:55:05 PM »
Some information here

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=20974.msg220905#msg220905

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=34159.msg399149#msg399149

If you go to socawarriors.net home page and look along the left side of the screen go to the 3rd category "Other Tours" and click U-20 or U-17/U1-16. Go to U-20/U-17 news and there are several articles concerning Paul and some other T&T youth players.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline JW

• Mackem Abroad
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Eat My Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 08:18:50 AM »
Cheers... seems like a decent kid.

Will be interesting to see they all get on in Sunderland.  By all accounts, the weather has not been too kind, so far...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 08:29:32 AM »
Nice tidy player with a deadly left foot. His workrate needs improving and he will find that out real quick in a pro environment. IMHO he has all the tools to make it if he is hungry enough
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 02:15:05 PM »
The eight Digicel U-20 footballers arrive at Sunderland AFC.
on their journey of champions.

The eight boys selected by Digicel Clinics' Head Coach, John Barnes, arrive in England for a week's training at Sunderland AFC's Academy of Light.

Sunderland, England: The Digicel Kick Start Clinic's Journey of Champions began on Saturday April 5 when the eight Caribbean boys, selected by International footballer John Barnes, travelled from Jamaica to the UK to train at Sunderland AFC's Academy of Light.  The eight Digicel footballers were greeted by unseasonable snow as they landed at Gatwick in London on Sunday April 6.  The boys then headed to Sunderland by train to begin training at the Academy on Monday April 7.

On Day one Andrew Murray (Guyana), Joseph Guemsley & Renaud Brisley (Haiti), Gerard Williams & Devaugn Elliot (St. Kitts), Emilio Limon (Suriname), Leston Paul (Trinidad) and Akeem Brown (Jamaica) were greeted by Ged McNamee, Sunderland AFC Academy Director.  Each Digicel player received Umbro training kits, given the club rules and regulations and underwent fitness training and tests.  Due to the snow, the boys were unable to train outside and were taken to an indoor pitch to train with the Sunderland reserve team.

On Day two, the snow had melted and the boys were able to train on an outside pitch.  Due to the boys' ages and size, the Digicel players were separated: three boys (Brisley, Williams and Limon) went to train with the reserve and the remaining five trained with the youth team.  Ged McNamee explains the separation:  "We think it best for the boys to be equally matched in order for them to get the most out of training and this also allows the coaches to assess the players against the recruitment criteria and to observe their potential to determine whether the players could progress further."

At the end of training on Day two, the Digicel footballers were taken on a tour of the Sunderland AFC's Stadium of Light. From immaculate changing rooms to the well equipped press room to walking through the player's tunnel, the boys were shown what it would be like to play for a premier league club.

With the boys' excitement in full gear, the Digicel footballers now enter into Day three of training when Sunderland Club manager Roy Keane will observe the Caribbean talent.

The Digicel Kick Start Clinic's Journey of Champions will end on Saturday April 12 when the players will attend the Sunderland vs. Manchester City match where they will have the opportunity to meet all the players and Sunderland AFC's Chairman, Niall Quinn.  The Digicel Kick Start footballers will return to Jamaica on Monday April 14.

Source: Digicelfootball.Com

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:55:41 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline JW

• Mackem Abroad
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Eat My Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 05:11:54 PM »
Update in today's Northern Echo:
ROY KEANE has invited eight promising Caribbean footballers into Sunderland's dressing room ahead of today's Premier League visit of Manchester City after impressing during five days training.

Joseph Guemsley, Leston Paul, Gerard Williams, Emilio Limon, Renaud Brisley, Akeem Brown, Andrew Murray and Devaughn Elliott have all been at the Black Cats' Academy of Light this week.

The teenagers were all recommended to Sunderland by the head of Digicel Kick Start Football Clinics, former Liverpool and England winger John Barnes, and have been put through their paces by reserve team coach Neil Bailey on Wearside.

Paul, captain of Trinidad & Tobago Under-17s, is known to have impressed, and Keane also suggested yesterday that a couple could be heading back to the North-East in the near future.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 08:08:19 AM »
Upon reflection, it's good to witness the Haitian and Surinamese players being brought into the ambit of English ball. This must present a fairly unique perspective for them.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Digicel Kickstart Clinics for 2nd Year Running
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 01:28:30 PM »
Digicel Teams up with English Premier Clubs and Football Legend John Barnes for Youth Football for Second Year Running.
by: Digicel (press release).

Liverpool Football Club and Sunderland Athletic Football Club on board with Digicel in youth talent search across Caribbean and Central America

Kingston, Jamaica: Digicel, the largest mobile operator in the Caribbean and new entrant to the Central American market, today launched its youth football development programme, the “Digicel Kick Start Clinics”, for the second year running.

A huge hit across the region last year, the Digicel Kick Start Clinics give young footballers the chance to be trained by John Barnes, one of the world’s most famous players, a former England and Liverpool star and current coach of Jamaica’s national team, the Reggae Boyz - as well as the chance to realise their dreams and hope to impress English Premier League coaches and become professional footballers.

This year’s Digicel Kickstart Clinics will be even Bigger and Better with the addition of Central America to the programme. The eight best Under 16 players from across the Caribbean region will be given the chance to train for a week with Sunderland AFC in September – while the four best Central American Under 16s talents will train with Liverpool FC in October for a week.

The Digicel Kickstart Clinics will take place throughout May and June in six countries across the Caribbean – Jamaica, Barbados, Suriname, Haiti, Trinidad and St. Kitts - before moving on, for the first time, to Central America where Digicel youth clinics will take place in Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras and El Salvador throughout August.

Speaking at the press conference and 5 a side football match launch in Kingston, Jamaica, the Digicel Kick Start Clinics Head Coach, John Barnes said, “Last year’s Digicel Kick Start Clinics were an inspiring experience. In each and every one of the eight countries we visited, we identified really talented, enthusiastic and dedicated young players.

He continued; “The eight players who won the right to go and train with Sunderland last year came back with invaluable lessons and experiences – evident in their game today - under their belts. There’s so much raw enthusiasm and talent out there, I’m really looking forward to getting out there and getting to work.”

Digicel Group Marketing Director, Kieran Foley, commented, “This year, we’re going Bigger and Better with the introduction of the Digicel Kick Start Clinics to four countries in Central America – as well as holding them in six countries across the Caribbean. And we’re delighted to be teaming up with Sunderland again and that Liverpool Football Club has joined in and realized the credibility of the development programmes we have in place across the Caribbean and Central America.”

The Digicel Kick Start Clinics, are made possible by the full support of President Jack Warner of the Caribbean Football Union, whose vision has now propelled the clinics further afield into Central America.

Commenting on the initiative, President Jack Warner said; “This is another great example of Digicel’s commitment to the support and development of football at all levels of the game. The chance to be trained by a world-class footballer like John Barnes is something these young players would normally only be able to dream of – with the Digicel Kick Start Clinics, Digicel is making dreams a reality.”

Full details of the Digicel Kick Start Clinics will be announced locally over the coming weeks and will include details on how local clubs and school teams have the opportunity to be part of these once in a lifetime football development clinics.

For more information, visit www.digicelfootball.com

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 01:30:18 PM by E-man »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Digicel Kickstart Clinics for 2nd Year Running
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 01:47:33 PM »
Is ah opportunity so ah glad by why de ass caribbean youth get SAFC while Central/ Latin America get LFC?!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 12:44:37 PM »
It would be nice to know what happened to the youths who got the opportunity last year.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 01:14:30 PM »
The energetic and hard working Barnes also shared some thoughts on his expectations for the final three legs of the Digicel Kick Start Clinics which take place in Haiti on June 10th and 11th, Trinidad and Tobago on June 14th and 15th, with the final clinic taking place in St. Kitts & Nevis on June 18th and 19th.

http://www.bviplatinum.com/news.php?section=article&source=1242605631

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 08:05:11 AM »
Eight talented players from Digicel Kick Start Clinics selected to train at Sunderland AFC.
digicelfootball.com.

John Barnes admits it was tough to select from such a vast pool of talent

Basseterre, St. Kitts: The 2nd Digicel Kick Start Clinics in the Caribbean drew to a close in St. Kitts this evening, when John Barnes unveiled the eight young Caribbean footballers who will travel to Sunderland AFC in September to spend one week training at Sunderland’s Academy of Light.

Diquan Adamson from Barbados, Esso Amichy from Haiti, Omar Holness and Paul Wilson from Jamaica, Kieron Phillip from St. Kitts, Ruiz Dillon Fromoredio and Bruce Julianto Diporedjo from Suriname and Ryan Frederick from Trinidad were the eight most talented footballers that participated in the Digicel Kick Start Clinics, which took place in six Caribbean countries over the last two months.

Commenting on his selection, John Barnes said: “I’ve always said that the Caribbean has an undiscovered pool of football talent, and again this year I’ve seen some great potential in these Under 16 players. It was a tough decision to choose eight out of the 150 players that took part in the Digicel Kick Start Clinics to train in Sunderland, but I believe the eight footballers I have selected have the right amount of talent, desire and ambition to make it as professional players. I’d like to wish them the best of luck and I really hope that I come across them again in the not too distant future playing for a leading football club.”

Niall Quinn, Chairman of Sunderland AFC, said ”Sunderland AFC is delighted to once again be hosting eight footballers from the Caribbean to take part in one week’s training at Sunderland’s Academy of Light. The footballers that trained with us last year showed great talent and I understand their football careers have gone from strength to strength over the last twelve months.”

Digicel Head of Sponsorship, Jamie Dean, said: “Digicel is delighted with the success of the 2nd Digicel Kick Start Clinics in the Caribbean. Over 150 young footballers took part in this year’s Clinics where they learned valuable skills from John Barnes.

“I’d like to take this opportunity to thank John for his dedication and hard work over the last two months. I’d also like to thank President Warner who is a great supporter of Digicel’s efforts in developing football across the Caribbean and Central America. With the conclusion of the Caribbean leg of the Digicel Kick Start Clinics, we are now looking forward to bringing the Clinics to Central America for the first time in August.”
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:46:43 PM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Eight Players Selected form digicel kick start clinics
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 08:24:30 AM »
In 2008 Ryan Fredericks, of La Foucade Soccer Clinic, received the award for being the Most Valuable Player in the Under-16 category in the RSSR (Reynold George, Sammy Llewellyn, Selris Figaro and Russell Tesheira) tournament.

Ryan playing for W Connection now..
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 08:36:47 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 10:15:25 AM »
What position does Ryan play?

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 07:39:15 PM »
In 2008 Ryan Fredericks, of La Foucade Soccer Clinic, received the award for being the Most Valuable Player in the Under-16 category in the RSSR (Reynold George, Sammy Llewellyn, Selris Figaro and Russell Tesheira) tournament.

Ryan playing for W Connection now..

another Lafou product.
big coach!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eight Players Selected from digicel kick start clinics
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 09:05:37 PM »
Excerpt from an interview with Leonson Lewis

WN: What does the future hold for Leonson?
LEONSON: Just coaching and trying to harness young talent. Like I was telling Steve, I have four young players looking towards 2014. I mean good, talented players. And I put myself in charge of them. I’m trying to groom them and get them on the national team.

WN: Are they all South-based?
LEONSON: They are from Point and Carapichaima.

WN: What are their names?
LEONSON: Akil Matthews from Point Fortin, he attends Vessigny. Shaquille Stuart from Chatham, Ryan Fredericks from Carapichaima and O’Shea O’Neal who is a goalkeeper. Keep an ear out for those names.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 09:35:51 PM »
What position does Ryan play?

Midfeld, I think on the right

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »
What ever happened to Stephan De Las ?

I doubt Sunderland will sign any youths from these clinics unless they are above what they already have at their youth academy.

Following their trial period with Sunderland FC, the eight selected boys may have an opportunity to receive scholarships and eventually begin playing football in the English League- Barnes".

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 08:35:13 AM »
Digicel brings young talent to SAFC
SAFC.com

Eight talented young footballers from the Digicel Kick Start Clinics are today packing their bags ahead of their trip to Sunderland AFC.

The Jamaican stars arrive on Wearside this weekend to take part in one week's training at Sunderland's Academy of Light.

Diquan Adamson from Barbados, Amicy Esso Faudelyn from Haiti, Omar Holness and Paul Wilson from Jamaica, Kyrhon Philip from St. Kitts, Ruiz Dillon Kromoredjo, Bruce Julianto Diporedjo from Suriname and Ryan Frederick from Trinidad have spent the last two months preparing for this once in a lifetime trip after being selected by England and Liverpool legend, John Barnes, from six clinics that took place across the Caribbean.

Speaking in advance of Friday when he flies to the UK, Barbadian, Diquan Adamson, said of his preparation over the last two months: "When I found out I was completely shocked. I've spent the last two months training really hard to make sure that I am as fit as I can be so that I can make the most out of my week in Sunderland.

"My dream is to go there and be offered a contract for a UK football club."

Head Coach, John Barnes, said of the upcoming training camp: "This is an amazing opportunity that they have to show off their talent in front of some of the best coaches in the world. It is important that they listen and learn so that they can improve on the natural football talent that they have.

"I know they have been working hard in preparation for the training camp and I'd like to wish them all the very best of luck next week in Sunderland." Sunderland Football Club

Chairman Niall Quinn added: "We are delighted to welcome the youngsters to Sunderland and to be working in partnership with Digicel once again. Our club has some of the best training facilities in Europe and the Stadium of Light is a magnificent arena so this is a great chance for these lucky boys to see what football at the highest level is all about."

The Digicel Kick Start Clinics kicked off in Jamaica in early May and on the six-nation trek across the Caribbean, made stops in Barbados, Suriname, Haiti, Trinidad & Tobago and finally St. Kitts & Nevis. For more information, log on to www.digicelfootball.com.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »
I believe Ryan was on that U17 team that Cornmeal coached the other day. Ryan must be shellshocked by now. He went from being one of the eight talented players to being besmirched and bamboozled by Sir Cornbread. What a friggin farce.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 12:21:18 PM »
Digicel brings young talent to SAFC
SAFC.com

Eight talented young footballers from the Digicel Kick Start Clinics are today packing their bags ahead of their trip to Sunderland AFC.

The Jamaican stars arrive on Wearside this weekend to take part in one week's training at Sunderland's Academy of Light.

Diquan Adamson from Barbados, Amicy Esso Faudelyn from Haiti, Omar Holness and Paul Wilson from Jamaica, Kyrhon Philip from St. Kitts, Ruiz Dillon Kromoredjo, Bruce Julianto Diporedjo from Suriname and Ryan Frederick from Trinidad have spent the last two months preparing for this once in a lifetime trip after being selected by England and Liverpool legend, John Barnes, from six clinics that took place across the Caribbean.

Speaking in advance of Friday when he flies to the UK, Barbadian, Diquan Adamson, said of his preparation over the last two months: "When I found out I was completely shocked. I've spent the last two months training really hard to make sure that I am as fit as I can be so that I can make the most out of my week in Sunderland.

"My dream is to go there and be offered a contract for a UK football club."

Head Coach, John Barnes, said of the upcoming training camp: "This is an amazing opportunity that they have to show off their talent in front of some of the best coaches in the world. It is important that they listen and learn so that they can improve on the natural football talent that they have.

"I know they have been working hard in preparation for the training camp and I'd like to wish them all the very best of luck next week in Sunderland." Sunderland Football Club

Chairman Niall Quinn added: "We are delighted to welcome the youngsters to Sunderland and to be working in partnership with Digicel once again. Our club has some of the best training facilities in Europe and the Stadium of Light is a magnificent arena so this is a great chance for these lucky boys to see what football at the highest level is all about."

The Digicel Kick Start Clinics kicked off in Jamaica in early May and on the six-nation trek across the Caribbean, made stops in Barbados, Suriname, Haiti, Trinidad & Tobago and finally St. Kitts & Nevis. For more information, log on to www.digicelfootball.com.

I wonder if they know that Jamaica is an island, not a region.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 12:22:34 PM »
I believe Ryan was on that U17 team that Cornmeal coached the other day. Ryan must be shellshocked by now. He went from being one of the eight talented players to being besmirched and bamboozled by Sir Cornbread. What a friggin farce.

If Anton Corneal could besmirch and bamboozle Ryan....yuh have to wonder if he would have made it at the highest level anyway.

What Anton allegedly did was bad.....but young players have faced far greater abuse than "some players feel dey reach and haven't done nothing yet" from BIG COACHES in BIG LEAGUES.

Yuh think Dwight Yorke didn't have to overcome den kinda ting and WORSE during his career?  Ron Atkinson used to regularly waste down Dwight when he was in charge at Aston Villa.  We doh even scratch de surface as to what does go on behind de scenes wit players and what dey does have to put up with.

Our players have to have mental toughness to go along with dey talent.  Otherwise....in dat dog eat dog world....crapaud literally smoke dey pipe.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 12:25:54 PM »

:rotfl: hilarious!!!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 12:35:02 PM »

If Anton Corneal could besmirch and bamboozle Ryan....yuh have to wonder if he would have made it at the highest level anyway.

What Anton allegedly did was bad.....but young players have faced far greater abuse than "some players feel dey reach and haven't done nothing yet" from BIG COACHES in BIG LEAGUES.

Yuh think Dwight Yorke didn't have to overcome den kinda ting and WORSE during his career?  Ron Atkinson used to regularly waste down Dwight when he was in charge at Aston Villa.  We doh even scratch de surface as to what does go on behind de scenes wit players and what dey does have to put up with.

Our players have to have mental toughness to go along with dey talent.  Otherwise....in dat dog eat dog world....crapaud literally smoke dey pipe.

Yuh eh lie nah! Our own BIG players get cuss and in some cases rough up and worse. And dats by the coaches!

Edit:  This is some years back in Europe I'm reffering to
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 12:55:09 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 08:17:57 AM »
Digicel visit kicks off
SAFC.com

The Academy of Light have welcomed eight youngsters as part of a Digicel training programme.

Eight budding footballers began their week-long training programme at the club's Academy of Light training facility this morning as part of the Digicel Kick Start Clinics.

The youngsters, who arrived in Sunderland last weekend, will be fully integrated into the day to day operation of the training ground and put through their paces by Sunderland's coaching staff.

The eight Digicel Kick Start footballers were selected by England and Liverpool legend, John Barnes, from previous camps that kicked off in Jamaica in early May and visited Barbados, Suriname, Haiti, Trinidad & Tobago and St. Kitts & Nevis.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 09:12:25 AM »
Digicel visit kicks off
SAFC.com

The Academy of Light have welcomed eight youngsters as part of a Digicel training programme.

Eight budding footballers began their week-long training programme at the club's Academy of Light training facility this morning as part of the Digicel Kick Start Clinics.

The youngsters, who arrived in Sunderland last weekend, will be fully integrated into the day to day operation of the training ground and put through their paces by Sunderland's coaching staff.

The eight Digicel Kick Start footballers were selected by England and Liverpool legend, John Barnes, from previous camps that kicked off in Jamaica in early May and visited Barbados, Suriname, Haiti, Trinidad & Tobago and St. Kitts & Nevis.

Who is da tall fella on the right?  If he impress I think he might have a better chance than some of the others (especially if he's a defender).

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 10:32:05 PM »
Any updates?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 07:51:12 PM »
Digicel Kick start Clinics Footballers enjoy day one of training at Sunderland AFC'S Academy of light
digicelfootball.com

Monday, August 23rd 2010 – Sunderland, England: Eight young footballers from the Caribbean and Central America – who were selected by England and Liverpool football legend, John Barnes, from the Digicel Kick Start Clinics 2010 – today began their training at Sunderland AFC’s Academy of Light, where they will spend one week working with some of the best coaches in the Barclay’s Premier League.

The boys – who arrived in Sunderland on Saturday – enjoyed a rest day yesterday before beginning their training programme this morning. Academy Coach, Carlton Fairweather, put the boys through their paces today and said; “Day one of the training focused on possession of the ball, dribbling and teamwork and I was very impressed with what I saw.

“The boys definitely have ability and they showed some great techniques and skills. I will be watching them keenly throughout the week.”

Today kicked off with a tour of the facilities including the gym, the water therapy room and the senior team’s lounge. They then went through a full physical health check before training commenced.

Winner of the Trinidad leg of the Digicel Kick Start Clinics, 13 year-old Matthew Woo Ling, said; “I am very excited to be here. The Academy and its facilities are very impressive and I really enjoyed today’s training. I met Coach Fairweather when he came to Trinidad last December, so I am familiar with his style and I’m very happy to have the chance to spend one week training underneath him.”

Matthew Woo Ling from Trinidad & Tobago; Vidal Gonzalez and Fernando Meneses from Panama; Jose Villavicencio, Bryan Landaverde and Alvaro Lizama from El Salvador; and Julio Oliva and German Mejia from Honduras were the eight most talented footballers selected by John Barnes from the Digicel Kick Start Clinics.

The Digicel Kick Start Clinics are supported by Jack Warner, Vice President of FIFA and President of both CONCACAF and the Caribbean Football Union.
The Clinics – which kicked off on July 20th in Trinidad & Tobago, before moving on to Panama, El Salvador and Honduras – saw 150 talented young footballers receive expert coaching in the beautiful game.

Digicel has been involved in a wide range of football initiatives designed to support the development of football in the Caribbean and Central America over the last six years. Digicel, which has operations in 32 countries worldwide, sponsors 17 Football Federations and Leagues, as well as the Digicel Caribbean Cup and the Copa de Naciones Digicel in Central America.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:45:30 AM by Tallman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Digicel Kick start Clinics Footballers enjoy day one of training
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 07:55:11 PM »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Digicel Kick start Clinics Footballers enjoy day one of training
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 08:19:13 PM »
d youth man from Trinidad have some touches, i saw him on news playing
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>