March 28, 2024, 01:43:46 PM

Author Topic: Digicel Kickstart Academy Thread.  (Read 20935 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Digicel Kick Start Clinics Thread.
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2015, 04:42:44 PM »
The Finalists from Trinidad advancing to the Digicel Kick Start Clinic on April 12 and 13

John-Paul Rochford
Shem Clauzel,
Luke Darwent
Trey Lamott
Andre Raymond
Jadah Garcia,
Darian Parks
Mark Ramdeen
Tyrese Pierre
Jabari Graham,
Ronald Charles
Kalif Phillip
Kareem Walker
Tshad Selvon
Rawle Felix
Roger Williams
Kyrese Eugene
Trevin Thomas
Ronaldo Edwards
Kevon Edwards
Stephon Marcano
Denzil Smith
Revaldo Prince
Jabari Brice
Elijah Shade
Tyrel Emmanuel
Jodel Brown
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2015, 04:44:56 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2015, 07:28:56 PM »
The Finalists from Trinidad advancing to the Digicel Kick Start Clinic on April 12 and 13

John-Paul Rochford
Shem Clauzel,
Luke Darwent
Trey Lamott
Andre Raymond
Jadah Garcia,
Darian Parks
Mark Ramdeen
Tyrese Pierre
Jabari Graham,
Ronald Charles
Kalif Phillip
Kareem Walker
Tshad Selvon
Rawle Felix
Roger Williams
Kyrese Eugene
Trevin Thomas
Ronaldo Edwards
Kevon Edwards
Stephon Marcano
Denzil Smith
Revaldo Prince
Jabari Brice
Elijah Shade
Tyrel Emmanuel
Jodel Brown

judah garcia is good they say levi 's  younger brother
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2015, 01:57:07 AM »
Rochford, Shade and Emmanuel for Digicel Barbados camp.
By Sean Nero (Guardian).

Emerging footballer John-Paul Rochford, 15, the brother of Central FC centre, midfielder Jean-Luc Rochford, is one of three teenagers heading to Barbados in October to participate in the Digicel (Football) Academy.

Rochford (John-Paul), a form four student at Queen’s Royal College, who plays at centre midfield, will join goal keeper Elijah Shade, 14, from St Anthony’s College and Tyrel Emmanuel, 16, from Shiva Boys College Hindu College at the one week training camp at which Barclays Premier League coaches from Chelsea FC would conduct training.

But Andre Raymond was awarded a wild card, which could only be activated if the national community headed to the programme’s Facebook page and vote for him, overwhelmingly.

From a field of 31 athletes who took part in the two-day clinic held at St Mary’s College Grounds on Serpentine Road in St Clair, Port-of-Spain, which ended Monday, the trio impressed former Chelsea player David Monk and his team.

Monk was the senior International Football Development Officer for the Chelsea FC Foundation and head coach of the Digicel Kick Start Clinics.

Rochford, a player of the sport for the past ten years, said he learnt about the programme from friends who came across further information on Facebook.

Of his selection, he said “I feel shocked! The feeling overall is very pleasing for my family and for me. I feel good.”

Shade, a Chelsea fan, expressed confidence that his school would be proud of his latest achievement.

Personally, he said, the feeling was a good. “I just want to thank Almighty God, and my father for being right there. Every step of the way. I want to thank God…put God first and apply myself.”

Emmanuel, a form four student and die-hard Chelsea fan, was glad he took his coach’s advice to participate in the clinic.

“It feels very good. I am very excited to be part of the Digicel Academy,” he said.

His recalled his mother’s reaction to news of his intended participation as one filed with excitement. He believed she would have another reason to cheer.

Monk lauded Digicel’s decision to bring Chelsea back to T&T.

“We go from island to island. We do a ten-island tour. Last year was 14. The year before that was eleven. Every year, the talent certainly gets better. Last year in Trinidad was an extremely difficult decision for us picking three players!

Anthony Herbert, one of the guys who came through to the Academy, was a wonderful ambassador to T&T. He really flew the flag high. We came back here this year. He set the bench mark very high and we expected the ability to be high. You guys have surpassed that.

You’ve really done yourselves proud. It’s a very difficult decision for us. It’s the only market we have visited in the three years that we felt that there are ten to eleven players who can possibly represent this country at the Academy,” said Monk.

He went on to express his team’s delight to work with athletes under the banner of the T&T Special Olympics Committee. This level of engagement, he said, was key to the work done at the Chelsea Foundation, where the outfit engaged the wider community.

Monk said, “Our Foundation, very much like (the) Digicel Foundation on a whole is about trying to encourage participation in sport in any ability or through any platform. For us to have that engagement and the opportunity to not just benefit 30 players, but to benefit everybody in the community is wonderful for us.”

Christopher Edmund, senior sponsorship officer at Digicel said the Digicel Kick Start Clinic had a fantastic start with interest shown from over 200 emerging footballers.

After the two-day coaching and trials, he said, comments received from the coaches were that footballers exhibiting skills were some of the best talent ever seen in the three years of the clinic.

Edmund described the clinic as a pivotal step for young footballers pursuing careers in sports. He went on to encourage those making the final cut to embrace the tenets of discipline on which the programme was conceptualised as they go further in their training as well as everyday life.

CONGRATULATIONS: From left, goalkeeper Elijah Shade, John-Paul Rochford and Tyrel Emmanuel.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Young 'ballers set for Man City move
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2015, 11:45:17 AM »
Young 'ballers set for Man City move,
Jamaica Observer.

AT the end of the recently held Digicel Kickstart Academy at Sabina Park, three of the four Jamaican boys who participated in the programme were named among the top eight players.

As top players, Akeem Robotham, Alain Skerritt and Malik Powell will be jetting off to Manchester, England to receive further training at Manchester City FC, partners of the academy.

Robotham, an attacking midfielder from St George's College, said: "It was a great experience for me to work with top coaches from Man City. What the coaches have taught, I will definitely be putting it into play on the field.

"As for the trip to Man City, it's really a great feeling to know that 30 amazing boys came to the clinic (and) I was one of eight chosen."

Skeritt, who entered the camp as a wildcard, was equally pleased with his achievement. "The academy was intense, but it was good overall. It's a huge achievement to know I am a wildcard, and then to come out on top just motivates me to work even twice as hard," he said.

Technical director of coaching at City Football Schools, Andy Smith, said he was happy with the reports he has received on the academy.

"It's great to hear from our coaching team in Jamaica that the players taking part in Digicel's Kickstart Academy have responded well to our sessions and have shown both great ability and attitude. We look forward to welcoming the winners to Manchester and to seeing them play here at the City Football Academy facility in the near future," he said.

The other five players selected to attend the training camp with Manchester City FC are Charleus Talson (Haiti), Elysee Nael Wellofky (Haiti),  Elihaj Shade (Trinidad and Tobago), John-Paul Rochford (Trinidad and Tobago), and Tyrell Emmanuel (Trinidad and Tobago).

The Digicel Kickstart Academy was held in association with the Manchester City FC and saw 30 of the best young footballers across the region receiving world-class training from the club's top youth coaches. The Academy was held at Sabina Park October 26-30.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:42:21 PM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Digicel Kickstart Academy Thread.
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2016, 03:10:48 AM »
QRC’s Rochford trains at Manchester City camp.
By Sean Taylor (Express).

Experience of a lifetime

Queen's Royal College star midfielder John Paul Rochford, among two other local teenaged footballers, is currently at a training camp at the Manchester City Football Club in England which started a week ago.

The Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) is well-represented in the ongoing Manchester City youth football camp, as three Trinidadians Elijah Shade, Tyrel Emmanuel and John Paul Rochford were chosen among eight other outstanding athletes in the Digicel Kickstart Academy held in Sabina Park, Jamaica, last October.

Rochford was the main attraction in the QRC midfield in last year's SSFL, using his elusive feints, slide-rule passes and fearsome long-range shots to terrorise opposition defences all season in the league and InterCol. His most outstanding performance came in the clash against St Mary's College—a match many fans of schools football have dubbed "The Clasico".

MAN ON: QRC’s John Paul Rochford, left, tries to get past CIC’s Daniel Conocchiari during the Royalians’ 3-0 win at Serpentine Road during last season’s SSFL. He is currently training with the Manchester City Academy. –Photo: Anisto Alves

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2016, 02:47:53 AM »
Rochford soaks up ‘Manchester’ experience.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

National Under 17 midfielder John Paul Rochford is currently engaged in the biggest training stint of his career to date as he takes part in a two-week training camp at Manchester City after being selected by City scouts at a Digicel Kickstart Academy in November for Caribbean talents.

Rochford was chosen among other players including Jamaicans Akeem Robotham, Alain Skerritt and Malik Powell, Charleus Talson (Haiti), Elysee Nael Wellofky (Haiti) and Elijah Shade and Tyrell Emmanuel of T&T

“The camp is moving on quite well so far. The skill level and the intensity level is very high. The skill level is not the usual level. The ability of the guys here is very high and we are learning more everyday. It’s been quite a fulfilling experience” Rochford said on Wednesday.

“The camp is exciting because every day we are being shown new drills and learning different techniques,” he added.

Rochford, a product of FC Santa Rosa, indicated that the feedback from the Manchester coaches has been positive thus far.

“The coaches have told us that they are impressed with our ability and our attitude and they’ve really made us very comfortable since we’ve been here. The experience so far has been extremely good and will definitely contribute towards my development as a player,” said Rochford of Queen’s Royal College.

Rochford was initially selected from a group of thirty players at one of the Digicel Kickstart camp at Sabina Park, Jamaica in late October.

His older brother Jean Luc was a member of the T&T Under 17 and Under 20 teams which appeared at the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Cup and the 2009 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Egypt and has the distinction of scoring in the opening game of the finals against the host nation.

An 8-year-old Rochford grabs the attention of former England captain David Beckham during a kid’s clinic at the then Concacaf Centre of Excellence in 2008.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2016, 04:28:00 AM »
Digicel clinic kicks off this weekend.
T&T Express Reports.

The Digicel Kickstart Clinic will be making its return to Trinidad and hundreds of aspiring young footballers across the twin-island republic are set to participate in the pre-selection clinic which will be held at the Woodbrook Youth Facility from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.

Twenty-nine of the best players will be selected to participate in the Digicel Kickstart Clinic which will see coaches from Manchester City FC taking the players through intense training sessions that will test all aspects of their game.

The top three players from the Clinic will be selected by the coaches to attend the week-long Digicel Kickstart Academy to be held later this year.

At the end of the academy selected players will receive additional training from the Manchester City coaches at their facility in Manchester, England. “The Digicel Kickstart Clinic is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for aspiring young players to learn techniques that will take their game to the next level,” said Senior Sponsorship Officer Christopher Edmond.

“We are inviting players to try out for a chance to attend the Digicel Kickstart Clinic and, from there, you could be selected as one of three players to represent Trinidad and Tobago at the weeklong training session hosted by coaches from Manchester City.”

The Kickstart Clinic is now in its ninth year, and is a developmental programme which is providing the region’s most talented footballers, between the ages of 14-16, with an opportunity to be trained by international football coaches.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2016, 02:20:05 AM »
Youths shortlisted for Kickstart Clinic.
T&T Express Reports.

Twenty-nine of the country’s top aspiring young footballers have made the shortlist of players from which the best-performing ones will earn the chance to attend the Digicel Kickstart Academy and train under coaches from English Premiership club Manchester City.

The youngsters, comprising 26 from Trinidad and three from Tobago, were adjudged the best from some 170 players who participated in the Kickstart pre-selection clinics that were held in both islands.

Screening took place earlier this month, simultaneously on the Fatima College grounds in Mucurapo and at Bon Accord, Tobago. At both locations, the young hopefuls worked under intense scrutiny to show their determination, skill, teamwork and passion for football. When it was over, the best were given the nod by the coaches from the Football Factory and the Tobago Football Association; the 29 will next participate in the Digicel Kickstart Clinic.

Digicel’s sponsorship manager, Christopher Edmond, said Digicel was excited to be hosting the Kickstart Clinic once again. “It gives the budding talent of our twin-island republic a chance to showcase their talents to coaches from Manchester City FC,” he said.

“From our pre-selection clinics in Trinidad and Tobago, we have selected the best of the best that will compete for the chance to represent their families, communities and countries at the Digicel Kickstart Academy.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:38:12 AM by Flex »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2016, 02:21:59 AM »
Good stuff. I wish them all good luck. This is a great chance for them

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2016, 02:36:12 AM »
I'm biased so.....Elijah Elliot is YOUR choice ;D BHS form 3 student and one of two players to play U14, U16 and U19 Divisions in SSFL last year. On top of all that....I'm in school coach  :) So....

Like this youtube video and that's all he needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pheSC-anqNU&feature=share

Blessings (like the video) and enjoy the night and day tomorrow.

Just so you know, there are about 5 or 6 other wildcard nominees. I remain biased.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2016, 01:13:34 PM »
I'm biased so.....Elijah Elliot is YOUR choice ;D BHS form 3 student and one of two players to play U14, U16 and U19 Divisions in SSFL last year. On top of all that....I'm in school coach  :) So....

Just so you know, there are about 5 or 6 other wildcard nominees. I remain biased.

he looks strong/comfortable with the ball    .... we need an under 14 program ...

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2016, 07:29:49 AM »

he looks strong/comfortable with the ball    .... we need an under 14 program ...
he is currently training with the Tobago u15 team preparing to play games against the national team. They are pretty well prepared and hopefully a few of them can get serious consideration from the national coaching staff.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2016, 07:34:25 AM »
The video we did for Oshun George a few years ago was way better 😀😀😀 Lets home he makes it......very talented youth.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2016, 04:54:21 AM »
Trio selected from Kickstart Clinic.
T&T Express Reports.

Jodel Brown, Judah Garcia and Trevis Byron were the three Trinidadian youngsters selected to participate in the Digicel Academy which will give them the opportunity to be selected to train in England, at the Manchester City elite training and youth development facility.

The boys were selected at Digicel’s Kickstart Clinic at St Mary’s College ground Serpentine Road, St Clair, on Sunday. And the eager young players came out to impress the Manchester City FC coaches present.

“Without a doubt there are some talented young players in Trinidad and Tobago,” Lewis Childs, one of the City coaches said. “Their creativity and passion were visible throughout the practices as they endeavoured to impress us each and every day.”

The local trio will soon join other top players across the Caribbean and Central America at the week-long academy where they will receive another round of intensive training.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:01:37 AM by Flex »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2016, 02:16:19 PM »
Congrats to all. Continue to seize the moment
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2016, 07:47:56 AM »
Judah garcia and  Jodel Brown both been selected for the training academy with Manchester City

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2016, 10:09:18 AM »
Judah garcia and  Jodel Brown both been selected for the training academy with Manchester City

Congrats to both
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2016, 02:59:28 AM »
TT duo to train at Man City Football Academy.
T&T Newsday Reports.

TWO BUDDING Trinidad and Tobago football stars –Judah Garcia and Jodel Brown – were chosen from among the top 42 aspiring footballers from the Caribbean and Central America to visit the United Kingdom and train at one of the biggest clubs in the world - the City Football Academy in Manchester, England.

At City’s elite training and youth development facility the youngsters will have the opportunity to experience firsthand what it is like to train as a professional footballer in a competitive and high intensity environment.

The young Trini football stars along with Trevis Byron took part in the week-long Digicel Kickstart Academy recently held in Jamaica.

There they were challenged by the Manchester City coaches to fully absorb their training and impress them with their commitment to improving their game.

This year’s Digicel Kickstart programme, which began at the end of April and ended on June 24, provided the young footballers with the opportunity to not only sharpen their footballing skills and talents but to demonstrate a keen sense of character both on and off the pitch.

Brown of San Juan Jabloteh Football Club said, “I would like to thank Digicel for giving us this fantastic opportunity to train with world class football stars. I am eagerly looking forward to visiting the Manchester City Academy, meeting the famous players and absorbing all that there is to learn about football on the world stage.”

Garcia, a member of the Point Fortin Civic Football Club and who is a relative of Tyrel Emmanuel who, earlier this year, visited Manchester City as a Kickstart finalist, was still basking in the fantastic experience he had at the Academy.

“It was exciting to meet such very talented football players from the region. The going was tough, the pace was fast and the knowledge gained was priceless. I must thank Digicel for this extraordinary opportunity” he said.

He went on to state, “this experience has made me determined to become a professional footballer and I look forward to the visit to Manchester City where I hope to see a League game and meet many of the football stars of the Club.”

An elated Byron, who also attended the Kickstart Academy, said, “I would like to thank Digicel for giving young footballers the opportunity to attend the Academy.

It not only makes you realise what it takes to be a football great on the world stage but it allows you to make many friends from the region.

It was a wonderful experience.” The successful sportsmen all expressed their pleasure at the high standard of rigorous training received during the Kickstart Clinics and the Academy.

They said that although the competition was tough and other players were very talented indeed, it gave them a good idea of what life as a professional footballer would entail. Earlier this year, six of the top players from the 2015 Academy had the opportunity to train like a City player when they visited the Club’s training ground in Manchester.

They also attended a game between Manchester City and Everton where they witnessed City stars, including Raheem Sterling and Sergio Aguero, in action on the pitch.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Digicel Kickstart duo ready for Manchester camp
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2016, 10:30:29 PM »
T&T Digicel Kickstart duo ready for Manchester camp
T&T Newsday

After the intense preselection, clinic and academy phases of the Digicel Kickstart programme, two youngsters from Trinidad and Tobago are closer to realising their football dreams. Jodel Brown and Judah Garcia will on October 19 travel to Manchester, England for an opportunity of a lifetime.

From the age of five, both young men decided to pursue a career in football and have since worked diligently at perfecting their chosen sport. Now at 15, Judah and Jodel were selected from among their peers locally, at the Kickstart Clinic and from across participating Digicel markets at the Digicel Academy, to attend a one-week training programme under the watchful eyes of Manchester City coaches.

Brown has been a member of the San Juan Jabloteh Football Club for 10 years and explained that “as a child football was something that was always in my blood”. Being inspired by Andreas Iniesta from Barcelona FC, he said “I look at this opportunity to visit the Manchester City Academy as a stepping stone in my football career, so my aim is to take what I will learn there to improve my football skills.” Garcia, a member of the Point Fortin Civic Football Club has been inspired by his family from a very young age. His older brother (Levi) is a professional player in Netherlands and another member of his family, Tyrel Emmanuel, was a 2015 Kickstart finalist who visited the Manchester Academy in January of this year. Lionel Messi of Barcelona FC is Garcia’s favourite footballer.

He sees Digicel Kickstart as a great opportunity to further his dream and career in football. He expects, from his Manchester City experience, to gain more knowledge from coaches in a top club which he believes would boost his confidence. He is also excited to pass on that knowledge to his peers locally.

The pair will join other successful candidates from the region in this year’s Kickstart Manchester experience at City’s elite training and youth development facility where they will experience first-hand what it entails to train as a professional footballer in a competitive and high intensity environment.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2016, 12:22:13 PM »
WATCH: Day 2: Digicel Kickstart Manchester City Experience 2016

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tXLID-iOtEs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tXLID-iOtEs</a>

WATCH: Day 3: Digicel Kickstart Manchester City Experience 2016

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7VngELHU5fs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7VngELHU5fs</a>

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2016, 05:32:08 AM »
WATCH: Day 4 - Digicel Kickstart Manchester City Experience 2016. The young footballers toured the Etihad Stadium and celebrated Judah Garcia’s birthday.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pD1BDGh7dSE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pD1BDGh7dSE</a>

WATCH: Day 5 - Digicel Kickstart Manchester City Experience 2016. The boys meet Raheem Sterling. Hear from Jodel Brown about his experience thus far.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yerTA5kPVz0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yerTA5kPVz0</a>

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2016, 05:05:28 AM »
WATCH: Day 6 - Digicel Kickstart Manchester City Experience 2016. The final day of training.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fvlZq01SufE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fvlZq01SufE</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2016, 03:15:32 PM »
I like this, great experience and exposure for the youths, now they can set their sights on achieving a dream of playing at a top level. It's also good to see some of the City pros taking time to engage with them.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2016, 07:47:25 AM »
WATCH: Day 7 - Final Day of the Digicel Kickstart Manchester City Experience 2016. The boys face off against Hopwood College.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gNL7R_xIsN8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gNL7R_xIsN8</a>

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Garcia basks in Digicel Kickstart experience
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2016, 05:44:09 AM »
Garcia basks in Digicel Kickstart experience
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

SHIVA Boys Hindu College footballer Judah Garcia said Manchester City midfielder Raheem Sterling was impressed with the talent in the Caribbean following the Digicel Kickstart Programme which took place in Manchester, England, recently.

Garcia was among 12 players from the Caribbean who worked with Manchester City Football Club coaches at the Digicel Kickstart Programme.

Garcia, the younger brother of national footballer Levi Garcia, was part of the Shiva Boys squad which won the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier Division title by an unprecedented points margin this season.

Garcia and his teammates were invited to the Office of the President on Tuesday by President Anthony Carmona following their achievement.

Reflecting on his experience at the Digicel Kickstart Programme, Garcia said Sterling was left in awe by what he saw from the Caribbean players.

“He really was impressed with our performance because he came to some of our games and he was very impressed with the football in the Caribbean because he was born in Jamaica.” Garcia, whose favourite player is Lionel Messi, was grateful for the experience at Manchester, but said the chilly weather was difficult to manage.

“First, being selected was like a dream come true. It was hard to cope with the weather because it was very cold but it was a very great experience meeting professional players out there and I was just thankful for the experience out there.” Garcia and the other players from the Caribbean got the chance to attend an English Premier League match between Southampton and Manchester City and even got to greet the players before the match kicked off. Garcia also reminisced on the times when he would play football in the yard with his brothers, saying his father’s plants would pay the price. “My father has a lot of plants in the yard so everyday he would quarrel because it was four of us and we were always playing in the yard with a ball and we broke a lot of his plants.” President Carmona later praised Garcia for his accomplishments thus far, revealing that he had heard of his exploits prior to Shiva Boys’ triumphant SSFL campaign. He indicated that his barber in Fyzabad had informed him that there was a fella called Judah Garcia who was “acid”. Carmona declared, “Judah had trials at Man City which is something a lot of us just dream about and he is the dream, he is the real deal.”

1]; } ?>