March 28, 2024, 04:31:49 PM

Author Topic: Trinibago Problem - Dem Early Goals  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Trinibago Problem - Dem Early Goals
« on: September 03, 2005, 08:30:01 PM »
Every team in Concacaf is of the opinion, right or wrong, that they can score on us early.  Even our coach has pointed to this flaw.  Every game I am holding my breath for the first 20 minutes of play.  I then have to resort to looking forward to the second half performance.

Is this on the individual players?  Is this on the team as a whole?  Or is this a technical deficiency in terms of preparation?  What de hell is really going on here?

I have seen the last USA game and now the Guatemala game, where we conceeded goals in the first 5-10 minutes.  Both early goals were not of the same design.  The USA game was a major mistake from the right wing back and we were punished by good wing play from the Americans.  Against the Guatemalans we conceeded a free kick in a not so dangerous position but went down 1-0 off of a wicked defensive deflection from the resulting free kick.

I am curious as to what members of the forum believe to be the root of our problems in the first 20 minutes of a game.  More importantly I am interested to hear man opinions on what can be done, if something could be done.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Trinibago Problem - Dem Early Goals
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 08:52:58 PM »
maybe they should go play some small goal in the car park before games so when the game really start they have they game face on  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 10:00:56 PM »
Fellas I understand ur point but i think in this case de early goal put a pep in we step. I prefer no goals against us at all, but if i have to get one I rather get it in first 10 mins. forcing us to fight back, than in the 80th leaving us with 10 mins. to pray for miracles. I was impressed with the fight i saw today.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 10:08:22 PM »
I am curious as to what members of the forum believe to be the root of our problems in the first 20 minutes of a game.  More importantly I am interested to hear man opinions on what can be done, if something could be done.

Well...fuh some reason, de team does come out real energised in de 2nd half.  Maybe Beenie pep talk does inspire..me eh know.

Wit dat in mind....

I think somebody should fake a injury in de 1st minute.....stop play.  Leo gather de team by de halfway line and give one a dem inspirational speech.

Player undergoes miraculous recovery and we take it from dey... ;)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 10:25:42 PM »
maybe they should go play some small goal in the car park before games so when the game really start they have they game face on  ;D

Doh laugh, dat might just be a genius idea padnah.

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 12:37:20 AM »
I saw something today at the game, when we come out for our warm up it does not be very intense. It is was to casual maybe if we come out and warm up a little harder. As  Feliziano said let them play a small goal sweat on the field for warm get them hype and into game mode maybe that will help our poor starts.
Congrats T&T on a good victory today 6 more points to get
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 05:23:40 PM »
[Well...fuh some reason, de team does come out real energised in de 2nd half.  Maybe Beenie pep talk does inspire..me eh know.

Wit dat in mind....

I think somebody should fake a injury in de 1st minute.....stop play.  Leo gather de team by de halfway line and give one a dem inspirational speech.

Player undergoes miraculous recovery and we take it from dey... ;)

thats a great idea Palos
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 06:29:39 PM »

Play 4 on defense for the first ten minutes

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 06:59:01 PM »
whatever it is, we need to rectify the problem ASAP.  we cant play that kinda ball when (lets think positive) we reach germany cause Adriano, Shevchenko et al will run we out the park.    just a thought

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 07:39:13 PM »
.... we reach germany cause Adriano, Shevchenko et al will run we out the park.    just a thought

Just a thought, I will take ten from Brazil if we make it to Germany. 8) 8) 8)
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 07:39:57 PM »
if allyuh could rember in 89 ....gally spoke about that same setteling down early problem......gally said it is a trini mentality....we as a people does get to work late....work start at 8....but we eating doubles in the office at 10 past 8....and we dont really start working till bout 20 to nine.....gally also added that work stops at 4 ...but at 3.30 we really shut off and just really riding out the time.....well not yesterday...tnt work real late yesterday....but started work sloopy all be it...a cruel deflection and a jackass call by the refree in de first place to give da free kick....so tell meh wha allyuh think bout gallys thoughts....i find it makes sense
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 09:44:07 AM »
I think we should get some army men to hit man 2-3 slaps in the dressing room...prior to the game.......Get man real vex and make them forget nervousness.....By the time that whistle blow them have real aggression to get ride of..... >:(
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 10:05:43 AM »
Seriously now....PERHAPS we can do this....

If we kickin off de game....instead of de usual tap de ball to de striker and pass it back, lookin fuh slow build up, do one of 2 things...

1 - Kick de ball down to one of de opposition wings....have Carlos and/or Whitley fly down (English style yes) de wings to get de ball.

2 - A ting we used to do at Fatima.  Yuh touch de ball to yuh most skillful player....he shape like he passin back but instead...do a 180 and take de ball and run straight at de heart of de opposition.

The purpose of both is to put the opponent under immediate pressure.  Compress de field (especially in point 1) and force dem to be on de back foot.  Even if de ball go out fuh a throw, it go be deep in dem end...force dem to defend in dem own area one time.

Point 2 is more of a surprise tactic.  De Fatima player who used to execute it to perfection was Curtis Marcellin.  "Mano" (he faddah was Band leader Mano Marcellin) was very skillful and run stright at de defence.  He was successful in that surprise tactic 80% of the time.  Of course....if a team is ready for that one, it's less likely to work.

The idea still hoever is to put pressure on the opposition right away.

A padnah tell meh dat point 1 is what AC milan does do at the beginning of games.  Kick de ball down long and run after it hard.  They purposely make the game scrappy in the first 5 minutes or so.  But from the "off", they have the opposition under pressure.  It is a statement of INTENT right from the kickoff.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>