April 29, 2024, 08:51:12 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland V Man City  (Read 5658 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Sunderland V Man City
« on: April 11, 2008, 04:19:24 AM »
Thought I would put this under here to save the mod moving it later.  It would be nice to see Carlos put in a couple of good performances before the season ends, he deserves a change of liuck.

Dwight looks like he is out again.

Expecting 45,000 / 46,000 for the game and the bairns from the carribean are there, so I hope its a win, should give them a good idea of the atmosphere. City seem to be just seeing the season out.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/safc/Carlos-Let39s-slay-Man-City.3972854.jp

Carlos: Let's slay Man City and move on
[/color][/size]

E-mail Ian Laws

Carlos Edwards hopes Sunderland can guarantee their Premier League survival this weekend – so he can begin plotting a serious assault on the top flight next season.

The winger's debut campaign in the elite has been ravaged by injury, first tearing a hamstring in the opening week of the season and then suffering a broken leg.

It has been a big disappointment for a player who worked his way up the leagues with Wrexham and Luton before finally realising his dream of reaching the Premier League.

But Edwards refuses to be bitter and is driven by the desire to make sure he and Sunderland stay among the big boys.

"As soon as this season is finished I want to put it behind me and forget it," he said. "After working so hard down the years to get this chance in the Premiership, I do feel a bit sad that so much of it was taken away.

"I'm not saying I would have been playing every week – that would have been up to the gaffer – but I've not been able to help the club in the way I hoped.

"We're getting close to making sure we'll stay in the Premiership and I'm grateful for that. Once the season is over, I'll be looking at having a really good summer and getting as fit as possible for next season.

"Things happen for a reason. I'm not the kind of person who can be bitter and perhaps the things I've missed out on this season will be paid back with good times next season. I hope so."

Victory over Manchester City at the Stadium of Light would leave second-from-bottom Fulham and third-bottom Bolton also needing victory this weekend to be able to overhaul Sunderland's points total.

"It's great to come back into a team that's winning," said Edwards. "I would have loved to be in the side earlier in the season trying to help out when things weren't going so well.

"But winning three in a row has been great and we would love to make it four.

"To be honest, we've always felt we had the players to get away from trouble and we've proved that.

"I don't want to be playing back in the Championship again until I'm maybe 38! If we can win this weekend I think we will be planning for the Premiership again and look to finish in a position in the table we can be proud of."

The full article contains 420 words and appears in Sunderland Echo newspaper.
Last Updated: 11 April 2008 9:21 AM

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=14623

I'm never relaxed in football, Keane
[/color][/size]

By Nick Alexander

Roy Keane wants Sunderland to finish the season well - so he can enjoy his summer.

The Black Cats are close to reaching their target of Premier League safety, which could be secured if they beat Manchester City tomorrow.

Sunderland enjoy a 10-point cushion over Bolton in the last relegation spot but Keane has told his players not to let up until after the final game of the season.

He said: "There's still a lot of hard work to do, we need to finish off the job.

"You can't relax in football and we won't. If you relax, you go backwards. We've found it hard to win football matches this season, we've managed three on the trot, let's make it four.

"We're in no position to chill out and enjoy a holiday before we're entitled to it. If we don't finish the season well, it will spoil my summer."

A fourth straight Premier League win at the Stadium of Light will all but see Sunderland safe. Keane, however, is refusing to get ahead of himself.

"We're not safe - it's straightforward," he said. "If we lose our games and the other teams win some of theirs, we're in trouble. We've got to go to Bolton yet and they will see that as a chance.

"I've never relaxed in football, you need to keep pushing yourself. If you do relax, you're in the big trouble.

"We've trained intensively this week and we're looking forward to the game. We want to carry on this little mini-run.

"We have to try to finish the season as strong as we can and that's why I've never had a target. What if we get to 38 or 40 points? Do we do then drop tools? I don't think so, the target is always to win the next game.

"Let's try to win tomorrow and see where that takes us. Every victory is vital."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:28:17 AM by kev »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland V Man City
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 04:46:18 AM »
Good stuff, let's seal the deal cats !                            positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 05:50:11 AM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=14624

Yorke still ruled out
[/color][/size]

Dwight Yorke will miss tomorrow's game against Manchester City with a knee injury.

The midfielder, 36, has not returned to training after missing last weekend's win over Fulham.

Roy Keane said: "There are no fresh injuries from last week, it will be roughly the same squad."

Ross Wallace (knee), Darren Ward (back) and Dickson Etuhu (knee) could be out for the rest of the season.

Boss Keane will be tempted to name an unchanged side after three wins in a row,

But Michael Chopra is pushing for a start after coming off the bench to score two vitals goals in the last three weeks.

Liam Miller and Anthony Stokes are set to return to the squad.

Sunderland (from): Gordon, Fulop, Bardsley, McShane, Nosworthy, Evans, Higginbotham, Collins, Edwards, Whitehead, Miller, Leadbitter, Reid, Richardson, Chopra, Jones, Stokes, O' Donovan, Prica.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keane still seeking Premier League survival
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 05:53:27 AM »
Roy Keane insists that Sunderland haven't yet secured their Premier League future.

A fourth consecutive win for the Black Cats at home to Manchester City on Saturday will all but see the north-east club safe.

Despite the recent upturn in fortunes which leaves them 10 points clear of Bolton Wanderers, who occupy the final relegation place, Keane wants one more push to avoid any late drama, and the manager said: "We're not safe yet, we need to get over the finishing line.

"We've been making progress and our results are now backing that up. We've looked pretty solid and have carried a goal threat.

"The players have learned from their bad experiences this season and we're looking a lot better for it," the former Manchester United and Republic of Ireland midfielder added.

"We need to finish the season strongly, look at the teams ahead of us and try to catch them."

Keane has called on his squad to rise to the challenge as he plans to oversee a major influx of players after the end of the season.

The Irishman is confident his request for 50 million pounds (100 million dollars) in transfer funds to finance his bid to push the Black Cats onto the next level will be met by the club's owners.

Keane has drawn up a wish-list including Atletico Madrid's Diego Forlan, Mancheser United defender Jonny Evans, Fulham's Jimmy Bullard and unsettled Middlesbrough midfielder George Boateng.

That means there will have to be plenty of out-goings to keep squad numbers at a manageable level, and Keane said: "We'll be investing in players in the summer and I hope all my players respond to the challenge. It's up to the players who are here to prove they should still be in the team."

Sunderland expect another crowd in excess of 45,000 for the visit of Sven-Goran Eriksson's side, who have confirmed they will play an exhibition match against a South China XI in Hong Kong on May 22 as part of their end of season tour to Asia.

City are anxious to snap out of a slump which has seen them win just once and score only three goals in their last seven games since beating local rivals Manchester United in February.

Eriksson is expected to hand a rare chance to Nery Castillo, the injury-plagued Mexican midfielder who has started only two league games since his arrival on a 12-month loan from Shakhtar Donetsk in January.

Eriksson said: "He has a lot to do but I believe in him for the future and you'll see him more times in the league this season."

City's Swedish former England manager is also confident Micah Richards will be available before the end of the season.

The England defender has been out since undergoing a knee operation at the end of February, and Eriksson added: "Hopefully Micah will be back in training on Monday. I don't want to be too optimistic but we're hoping he should be able to join in then."

Més que un club.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 06:13:38 AM »
C'm on Sunderland

my prediction

Sunderland v Man City,        
1-0
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 06:32:56 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 08:52:35 AM »
Before anyone asks........................

Game here:

http://www3.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=10055&part=sports

Windies start at 9:30, and this starts at 10.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 09:56:24 AM »
RK's pre match Press Conference if anybody wants to watch it.

Just post it into WMP or Real Player

http://asf.narrowstep.tv/mcp?psid=86352435&ref=0&chid=888&pid=3345&vid=69252818&br=1200&tid=1&void=175902&fab=0

He is asked about the bairns, which he says they have enjoyed it, fitness levels not up to what exepcted, but that is to be expected and 1 or 2 might/ will be coming back.  Make of it what you will.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 10:04:01 AM by kev »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 02:44:29 AM »
Another possible link for the match if the one above doesn't work

http://www.fsicrew.info/streams/todays-links/

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Keane still seeking Premier League survival
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 06:42:47 AM »
Keane has drawn up a wish-list including Atletico Madrid's Diego Forlan, Mancheser United defender Jonny Evans, Fulham's Jimmy Bullard and unsettled Middlesbrough midfielder George Boateng.

That means there will have to be plenty of out-goings to keep squad numbers at a manageable level, and Keane said: "We'll be investing in players in the summer and I hope all my players respond to the challenge. It's up to the players who are here to prove they should still be in the team."

\
like Keane was listening to me lol
that is the fella he needs to get bad bad
it shouldn't be a problem unless a bigger club come in for him.

first out the door should be Whitehead, Wallace, Varga, McShane, Cole, O'donovan and Anderson.
why is it he didnt give good players like Kavanagh, Connolly and Hysen a run this season?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 06:46:16 AM »
Another possible link for the match if the one above doesn't work

http://www.fsicrew.info/streams/todays-links/

Nice, time to pull some doubles, cup ah tea, and we in business  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 06:52:34 AM »

\
like Keane was listening to me lol
that is the fella he needs to get bad bad
it shouldn't be a problem unless a bigger club come in for him.

first out the door should be Whitehead, Wallace, Varga, McShane, Cole, O'donovan and Anderson.
why is it he didnt give good players like Kavanagh, Connolly and Hysen a run this season?
Kavanagh even slower than Dwight. He eh able with the Prem. Hysen wanted to go back to Sweden for personal reasons. Connolly... that one is a mystery. I have no idea why he was never given a chance. Even at their most desperate times. Keane play 17-year-old Waghorn and all before Connolly.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 07:44:28 AM »
Edwards on the bench.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 08:01:47 AM »
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 08:06:40 AM »

Might get radio link here

If it have any others post cuz I scrunting for some coverage.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 08:54:24 AM »
Thanks for the links fellas, game sounding dismal according to the commentators.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008, 09:23:49 AM »
carlos jus get loud up.

keane say whip the ball win
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 09:26:13 AM »
carlos jus get loud up.

keane say whip the ball win
Keane real cussin up plenty men today. Ah watchin him whole game. It eh go be nice for dem fellas this week if they lose.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 09:28:02 AM »
Yes, the game is quite dull.

But, Sunland have had some chances.

Nosworthy is either improving his game, or the City stikers
are quite bad.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 09:38:35 AM »
Crap...penalty for Man City
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 09:38:46 AM »
Yes, the game is quite dull.

But, Sunland have had some chances.

Nosworthy is either improving his game, or the City stikers
are quite bad.

*behhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 09:41:34 AM »
Equalizer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- John F. Kennedy

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 09:42:04 AM »
wat ah build up by sunderland great finisih by whitehead 4 d equaliser
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Trini68

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 09:42:34 AM »
Whitehead score a nice goal 1-1

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2008, 09:44:45 AM »
daz one ting ah like bout sunderland...rite down to d wire

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2008, 09:45:01 AM »
The game is happening in the final 10 minutes...That seems to be Sunderland's M.O.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Trini68

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2008, 09:47:41 AM »
shit...Man City score

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2008, 09:48:10 AM »
Oh gosh....Man City 2....and ah give away too

- John F. Kennedy

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2008, 09:54:11 AM »
that REF is real shit
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2008, 09:56:47 AM »
C Edwards, looks very out of sorts.
He is not in the flow of the game, and breaksing from
tackles.

City deserved to win this game.

Offline mukumsplau