April 24, 2024, 11:04:53 AM

Author Topic: T&T'S PAUL SOAKS UP THE SUNDERLAND EXPERIENCE  (Read 2631 times)

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T'S PAUL SOAKS UP THE SUNDERLAND EXPERIENCE
« on: April 11, 2008, 08:31:48 AM »
 T&T'S PAUL SOAKS UP THE SUNDERLAND EXPERIENCE
TTFF Media

http://ttffonline.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=372&Itemid=1

Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Leston Paul will get the chance to mingle with Sunderland's Premiership players including T&T's own Carlos Edwards, Dwight Yorke and Kenwyne Jones when he and seven other Caribbean players attend the club's League encounter with Manchester City.

Paul, courtesy of the Digicel Kick Start clinic has been at the Academy of Light since last Saturday.

The eight Digicel footballers were greeted by unseasonable snow as they landed at Gatwick in London on Sunday April 6.  The boys then headed to Sunderland by train to begin training at the Academy on Monday April 7

The Sunderland stint was pushed back on two occasions and Paul, on each occasion missed out on representing the T&T Senior team. Twice he was excused from the hectic training schedule with T&T before late delays regarding   the Sunderland trip occurred. However since his arrival there, the trip has been well worth it so far, according to the T&T Under 17 ex-captain. "It's been a really good trip so far and I'm taking everything from the experience with me," he said.

On Day one Andrew Murray (Guyana), Joseph Guemsley & Renaud Brisley (Haiti), Gerard Williams & Devaugn Elliot (St. Kitts), Emilio Limon (Suriname), Paul (Trinidad and Tobago) and Akeem Brown (Jamaica) were greeted by Ged McNamee, Sunderland AFC Academy Director.  Each Digicel player received Umbro training kits, given the club rules and regulations and underwent fitness training and tests.  Due to the snow, the boys were unable to train outside and were taken to an indoor pitch to train with the Sunderland reserve team.

On Day two, according to a Digicel press release,  the boys were able to train on an outside pitch.  Due to the boys' ages and size, the Digicel players were separated: three boys (Brisley, Williams and Limon) went to train with the reserve and the remaining five trained with the youth team.  Ged McNamee explains the separation:  "We think it best for the boys to be equally matched in order for them to get the most out of training and this also allows the coaches to assess the players against the recruitment criteria and to observe their potential to determine whether the players could progress further."

At the end of training on Day two, the Digicel footballers were taken on a tour of the Sunderland AFC's Stadium of Light. From immaculate changing rooms to the well equipped press room to walking through the player's tunnel, the boys were shown what it would be like to play for a premier league club.

With the boys' excitement in full gear, the Digicel footballers now enter into Day three of training when Sunderland Club manager Roy Keane will observe the Caribbean talent.

On Saturday, Paul and company have the opportunity to meet all the players and Sunderland AFC's Chairman, Niall Quinn.  The Digicel Kick Start footballers will return to Jamaica on Monday April 14.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T'S PAUL SOAKS UP THE SUNDERLAND EXPERIENCE
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:39:37 AM »
Why this article have verbatim paragraphs from others? Paraphrasing is not important in journalism or is a press release meant to be regurgitated?

I not trying to be difficult is a honest question.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 09:19:35 AM »
LMFAO  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  TTFF Media aint easy........lol :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

well is de exact article... mods allyuh cud get rid of dis thread yesss........lol

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 09:50:23 AM »
Press releases are often worded so that paragraphs may be directly lifted and placed in articles verbatim. And that is exactly what many journalists do.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 09:57:06 AM »
On Day one Andrew Murray (Guyana), Joseph Guemsley & Renaud Brisley (Haiti), Gerard Williams & Devaugn Elliot (St. Kitts), Emilio Limon (Suriname), Paul (Trinidad and Tobago) and Akeem Brown (Jamaica) were greeted by Ged McNamee, Sunderland AFC Academy Director.  Each Digicel player received Umbro training kits, given the club rules and regulations and underwent fitness training and tests.  Due to the snow, the boys were unable to train outside and were taken to an indoor pitch to train with the Sunderland reserve team.********

as a demonstration of a point in another post
This is how it done professionally..NOT, put dem to run with the A-Team for a great learning experince and move dem down to suit.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 06:06:35 AM »
Sunderland give rising Caribbean stars a taste for big time
By Paul Fraser (Northern Echo)

ROY KEANE has invited eight promising Caribbean footballers into Sunderland's dressing room ahead of today's Premier League visit of Manchester City after impressing during five days training.

Joseph Guemsley, Leston Paul, Gerard Williams, Emilio Limon, Renaud Brisley, Akeem Brown, Andrew Murray and Devaughn Elliott have all been at the Black Cats' Academy of Light this week.

The teenagers were all recommended to Sunderland by the head of Digicel Kick Start Football Clinics, former Liverpool and England winger John Barnes, and have been put through their paces by reserve team coach Neil Bailey on Wearside.

Paul, captain of Trinidad & Tobago Under-17s, is known to have impressed, and Keane also suggested yesterday that a couple could be heading back to the North-East in the near future.

The eight players, who will return to the Caribbean on Monday after watching this afternoon's match with City, are determined to make a career for themselves on these shores.

And Barnes, speaking in Sunderland yesterday, where he was filming the final part of a documentary being screened on the Caribbean islands, was encouraged to learn his talent spotting was deemed a success.

"I was never worried about their ability, I knew they had that," said Barnes. "When I was in the Caribbean I was impressed by what I saw. Fitness-wise they are probably short, but the most important thing is that they have shown the character and ability to impress at a tremendous club like Sunderland.

"This has been fantastic for Caribbean football. It will help everyone take notice. The future of football there has improved and European football is realising that.

"Kenwyne Jones and Carlos Edwards have shown they can handle it in the Premier League - there's no reason why there can't be many more. I don't know what will happen now but hopefully these lads will make it over here and be a success. I know they have really enjoyed it. I will watch their careers closely."

Many Premier League clubs are exploring ways of expanding their scouting network to Africa, where the likes of Didier Drogba, Kolo Toure, Obafemi Martins and Emmanuel Adebayor have developed a talent worthy of being showcased on the highest of stages.

Such progress by way of numbers has not been replicated in the Caribbean, although Jamaican- born Barnes feels it is an untapped market.

"Ten years ago African players rarely seemed to make it over here but now you have African players playing for all of the top clubs," said Barnes. "In the Caribbean we are Africans by descent.

They are all good technically in Africa and I have been telling these players from the Caribbean that they also have that technical ability.

"What Africans in sport have achieved all over the world in the last few years is incredible. They have shown that if you have the right attitude and character you can succeed. Footballers in the Caribbean have to tune into that."

Barnes was also full of praise for the way Sunderland, in particular Keane, were open to the idea of opening their doors to the young players.

"I knew the perception of Caribbean football around the country and the world," said Barnes. "If a similar programme was being done in Brazil or South America, and they had approached Liverpool, Manchester United or whoever, they would have snapped their hands off.

Given that it was the Caribbean, I expected that we would have had to go to a League Two club to do this.

"Fair play to Sunderland, they are a top-class club. Hopefully it has helped them too.

"What these lads have come over here and found is that while technically the players in this country are not any better than they are, there are other attributes they need to improve on."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 06:53:10 AM »
It seems like Leston did well. He's the only one they singled out in this article.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 07:09:44 AM »
It seems like Leston did well. He's the only one they singled out in this article.
On Sunderland message board, somebody say one of the coaches tell him that, so far, they were only impressed by some big striker fella. I eh know which one that is.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 08:18:21 AM »
On Sunderland message board, somebody say one of the coaches tell him that, so far, they were only impressed by some big striker fella. I eh know which one that is.

murray from guyana
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 09:37:14 AM »
I'm not surprised.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 11:33:56 AM »
Soak it all up
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 02:10:49 PM »
Well done kid, bring it all home wid yuh my brother, we need every bit of it to help our national team. My wish for you, is dat some one of those top teams, offer you a contract, best of luck Paul. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Peace & Love

Members, I'm just taking it up on my self to do this, because this is me and I'm not doing it for any other reason, cool. I received an e-mail from a member and the person seemed to be very uncomfortable, that we might take it to the next level, so I just wanted to clear the air on this particular subject.

Quickly I will like to apologise to any member or members, that might be offended or may have gotten scared by my new and improved avatar and signature. My intentions are not to do any of the above, I have love and respect for each and everyone of you, even though we might get obscene with each other at times, but at the end of the day with Supa, is just peace and love.

However, when some fool come around here and disrespect me and my organisation, I have to step up and let that individual or individuals know, what type of organisation that he or she is messing with, before it is too late. Apart from that, you all know we cool with you all. One love, peace out.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 07:58:40 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>