April 28, 2024, 11:31:38 AM

Author Topic: Collin Samuel Released from Toronto FC  (Read 7034 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Collin Samuel Released from Toronto FC
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2008, 09:38:56 AM »
So leh meh see: If Colin and Cornel Glen could team up in the PL at home....dat is real speed for any team oui...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2008, 09:42:08 AM »
Colin may as well come back home to the Pro League and try to rejuvenate his career
I think a few of our players out there could come back in the Pro-league from a football perspective. But financially it is not always possible. Players must do what is best for themselves and their families even if that means kobo sweat in the English second division.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2008, 09:48:54 AM »
steups....is toronto's loss. hopefully a european team will pick him up.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2008, 12:05:03 PM »
well the tfc fans got their wish. let's see who becomes their new hater boy. Good luck Sammy I am sure you will rise again .
I wish he returns to Europe but it would be nice if he gets picked up by another mls team and scores some goals on them.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2008, 12:39:06 PM »
well the tfc fans got their wish. let's see who becomes their new hater boy. Good luck Sammy I am sure you will rise again .
I wish he returns to Europe but it would be nice if he gets picked up by another mls team and scores some goals on them.
:applause: fuh real

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »
I call that one from the day they sign Robert. Whenever an MLS player sign a big name, we are the first on the chopping block. We need to stop looking at them as a viable option.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2008, 01:44:42 PM »
I agree but disagree ... he wasn't performing well and the effort was not there ...we could cut it anyway we want....he doesn't have the knack for that scotty has or stern but he has the pace to create problems but he doesn't use it. Men say the reason is because they playing him as a forward and not as a midfielder again more bullshit ....the various teams have used him in both positions including the national team trying to get the best out of him and what they get is a one off brilliant performance followed by 5 below par performances ...we can't make excuses for him....there is a problem and if he doesn't resolve it his career will be shortlived. I'm wondering if his understanding of the game is below par and it was masked by his turn of speed to compensate for his lack of Yorkability lol (this means a an incredible grasp and understanding of the game). I think if he can have get a jumpstart with a manager willing to give him a chance like Falkirk he may have a good chance ....that is the place where he flourished it's worth a look.

Offline #8+1

• Midfielder
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2008, 03:13:11 PM »
I think there's a lot more happening behind d scenes.... Media and PR ppl always help the slackness sound "proper"....
In terms of his capabilities, maybe TFC jus didn't have a coach that wanted to make these boys play proper footy.... When they were losing last yr, who was scoring? ANYONE? NO. So how did this become Sammy's problem? Well, I know they weren't doing any type of shooting drills while holding the record for goal-less games.... Mo was on his celly, and d boys were playing frickin keep-up games! STEUPSSSSSSSS!
How yuh gonna sign a man back in a higher position (Mo, as Dir. of Operations, instead of coach) when he can't even win a frickin game his first season? PLEASE TELL ME.......
TFC just lost a good player, with much potential for the MLS.... And let's see who really scores at all this season.... ???

Offline #8+1

• Midfielder
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2008, 03:15:15 PM »
:applause: fuh real

AMEN! Tek em to Church! ;)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2008, 03:18:21 PM »
Johnson said in de press dat Samuels WAS NOT RELEASED DUE TO HIS PLAY but rather due to personal issues he had to return urgently to Scotland to deal with.

Despite Samuel's slow start to the season, Johnston says his release had nothing to do with his play.

"I would have kept him. He's still a good player," said Johnston, adding that several Scottish teams will have offers for Samuel once he's ready to play again. "In Sammy's case, he had to go home ... the timing of events is fairly difficult."

FULL STORY

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2008, 03:22:01 PM »
good find Palos
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2008, 04:01:07 PM »
Very BIG career move on your part Collin.

1.YOU and YOUR FAMILY come FIRST. f**k away with what anybody say or have to say
2.cause that shit excuse for a football field that yuh was training on 4days a week on would've eventually mash up yuh knees
3.if yuh waited till de summer transfer window to ride out yuh woulda end up stuck on de waiver list and picked up by de highest bidder or bouncing around de shit mls league for de duration of yuh contract(1 yr)
4.yuh free of de mls shackles,special set of laws and loopholes that ultimately work against every player in the league unless yuh name is david beckham,juan pablo angel,lauren robert etc
5.playing outta position in mo johnstion robot formation was slowly and surely killing yuh game
6.St.Johnstone waiting on yuh with open arms hurry up and reach back scotland and do it like how yuh did it at Falkirk

And when yuh ready to beat de pension system in Scotland come back to toronto cause with de trend of 31 and 32 yr old signings recently it seems like all it takes is a couple good seasons/performances in a bigger league and yuh could collect some good retirement money here.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 04:14:33 PM by #8 »

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2008, 04:33:40 PM »
 Is not about mediorce players and this and that...America's League is to develop their players mostly...Is not about entertainment because is a setta hot eye match most of the time...they take old retired stars to spice up the league and dem fellas does look like they in a fete match...Beckham only fooling himself because is all for the money....All the players who go to America does never really develop anything substantial...Is not like their technique does improve...Up to this date with all the MLS and money behind football in America they cyah really produce a creative player...T&T culture is all about creativity and it should be reflected in the football...Is just a bunch of Rhino football...run run run ...all about athleticism....I mean they beat us but that is because we stupid coaches fail to learn the level of fitness we need to succeed at the next level...so at all levels we always behind in fitness...If we could mix athleticism with our creative nature I doh think USA could beat us...BUt cheers to the US though for playing to their strengths ...One thing I love about Americans is they know what they good at and could use it to their advantage..... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2008, 04:40:31 PM »
Who Say TT Pro League!!!!
ME.  San Juan Jobleteh sign him up now

Offline #8+1

• Midfielder
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2008, 05:30:41 PM »
Well said, #8..... Done know half d ppl reading d news flash ent really know what goin on..... And us footballers KNOW how these coaches an ting run in d US....
Get em Sammy, an doh look back!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2008, 09:27:56 PM »
Neva agreed wit d move in d 1st place sort out yuz buziness
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>