April 27, 2024, 03:29:02 PM

Author Topic: Exams for national footballers.  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Exams for national footballers.
« on: April 25, 2008, 05:54:45 AM »
Exams for national footballers.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago's home-based national footballers are being individually evaluated by a team of Uruguayan coaches, ahead of Sunday's international friendly against Grenada.

The national footballers are going through the biomedical and physical assessment exercise which Colombia-born national coach Francisco Maturana had said he wanted when taking up his appointment a few months ago. The assessment exercise was supposed to have been done since March, but actually started on Wednesday.

"It involves the players going through a series of tests such as lifting weights, sprints and so on," reported national team manager David Muhammed.

"It's a pretty holistic approach to athletic assessment. These guys (Uruguayans) are said to be among the best in their field in the world."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Exams for national footballers.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 06:16:42 AM »

Very interesting...should give some better indication of where our players are at....wonder if the results will be available...or at least parts of it.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 06:20:12 AM »
I always wondered how come o coach ever did this. Any athlete knows that physical evaluations very important. Sort of lke a combine only there ain't no draft going on ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 06:36:59 AM »
Thank you Coach Mats ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 07:48:39 AM »
Its about time...

At least they will know they stats and what they have to work on.

I wonder if any of them fellas could muster a Very Good or a Good rating on a coopers test

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 07:54:17 AM »
De Strike Squad used tuh do dis kinda testing.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 07:56:20 AM »
De Strike Squad used tuh do dis kinda testing.

and yuh see de quality ah players dat come out ah dat :)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 07:56:20 AM »
Its about time...

At least they will know they stats and what they have to work on.

I wonder if any of them fellas could muster a Very Good or a Good rating on a coopers test

Some of them could for sure, like the Defence force members.....but most likley lacking the ideal combination of speed, fitness and strength attributes.

I feel is lift they have to lift. Some of them players like Keon Daniel look like the proverbial weakling at the beach.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 09:09:25 AM »
This is really great. I am so happy for the experience Jerrel has gotten.
Thanks Coaches Maturana and Corneal.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 09:12:05 AM »
This is really great. I am so happy for the experience Jerrel has gotten.
Thanks Coaches Maturana and Corneal.

how is he performing so far ? just curious
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 10:58:14 AM »
So wait! If dem fail de testing does this mean that Najjar &  Wim's assessment of the players and clubs was correct  :thinking:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 11:13:16 AM »
So wait! If dem fail de testing does this mean that Najjar &  Wim's assessment of the players and clubs was correct  :thinking:

DOH START THING
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 12:33:45 PM »
I can't imagine that players have not gone through some kind of assessment before.  Welcome to the 20th, yes 20th  century.  We still have to get to the 21st. it seems.  No wonder we continue to waste time on unfit players because they play for five minutes and look pretty and we think that's greatness.  Meanwhile, they can't play for 45 minutes at the pace required for international ball - at least not until they get fit and by that time the tournament is almost over, or suffer repeated injuries due to unfitness, like muscle strains.  I hope Maturana's approach is copied and used by every club and national team.

Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 01:09:23 PM »
I'm surprised that some of you were never aware this has been going on with our Football teams a long time now,the Defence Force Physical Trianing Department have been involved with our national teams for years,not only Football but Cricket,Rugby,Hockey etc etc my time in the services i was one of the heads in that department so i can attest to that.

I was the Trainer/Coach together with Isa Mohammed of the U16 team with Latapy,Marcelle,Rocke etc etc i was the Trainer/Coach for a time with Bertille StClear and the U19 team that finally went to the WCone of our trainers was responsible for the training of the Strike Squad that Gally had,i was again responsible for the squad that carried us all the way to the final of the first ever Caribbean Cup which the Strike Squad eventually played and won,the Defence Force had a reputation for being the most physical team in the country because of our training,what i see being implimented here by these trainers should be nothing new to us,we had a English officer from the Coast Guard that handled all aspects of our training,this is quite similar to what we used to do.We did the same thing with all the teams we handled,i don't know what's Wayne Lawson's role on the team but he is from that department in the Defence Force my thoughts are that's what he does or just the Physio.     

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 01:40:35 PM »
probably just new methods. but there's no way that this approach can be something new. the media just decide to report on it this time for what ever reason.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »
I would like to know who  are the fastest guys  out there.  If Cornel Glenn was invited he would beat everyone out there with he old self still

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 07:56:08 PM »
I tink is sun dey gettin d results
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 09:32:41 PM »
while dey at it, dey better administer some exams in statistics, philosophy and comprehension....dat goh build men game and hopefully dey aint go make chupid decisions when dey have de ball at dey foot

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2008, 10:58:15 AM »
I'm surprised that some of you were never aware this has been going on with our Football teams a long time now,the Defence Force Physical Trianing Department have been involved with our national teams for years,not only Football but Cricket,Rugby,Hockey etc etc my time in the services i was one of the heads in that department so i can attest to that.

I was the Trainer/Coach together with Isa Mohammed of the U16 team with Latapy,Marcelle,Rocke etc etc i was the Trainer/Coach for a time with Bertille StClear and the U19 team that finally went to the WCone of our trainers was responsible for the training of the Strike Squad that Gally had,i was again responsible for the squad that carried us all the way to the final of the first ever Caribbean Cup which the Strike Squad eventually played and won,the Defence Force had a reputation for being the most physical team in the country because of our training,what i see being implimented here by these trainers should be nothing new to us,we had a English officer from the Coast Guard that handled all aspects of our training,this is quite similar to what we used to do.We did the same thing with all the teams we handled,i don't know what's Wayne Lawson's role on the team but he is from that department in the Defence Force my thoughts are that's what he does or just the Physio.     

I do not know of any football program that don't have regular testing for players. The top teams in the World  have individual testing specifically designed to keep that player at his best. Look at Maldini, Cafu etc. If this not happening in the Pro League then drop the word Pro.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 11:12:13 AM »
I think this is some of the test they going through.  Look at 3:OO mins in the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAzwR_M1E1c

1]; } ?>