April 29, 2024, 12:40:51 AM

Author Topic: Warner: You blew it Shabazz.  (Read 13500 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: You blew it Shabazz.
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2008, 11:18:34 AM »
watch na alyuh trinis rel bad yes..alyuh doh have a life. alyuh know what them girls does go through...i could tell half ah alyuh bored with alyuh life and just like shit talk..
we all know that they should not draw that game, but typical trinis dont kno half of the story but jump to conclusions. I guess when you life boring and you need to vent bad talking the sports people who working hard and going through the stress is exciting. Whatever floats alyuh boat..but get alyuh facts straight before yuh talk yuh crap!!
Who are you? i guess you are not a Trini right?i agree with you may be we don't know,well help us Mr know it all,give us some information we don't know so we could stop talking crap,give us the half we don't know.
 If you know Trinis,you would know we like talking crap but we can be very serious when we ready so don't come on here to vent your feelings on us,if you don't want to tell anybody what you know tell me i want to know what we wrong whay the girls draw.

Who is this poster in truth boy ?
De man (or woman) real bold to come on here with they second post and start to lambase man here boy.  And they take a next poster's name and modify it too oui :o
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2008, 12:25:14 PM »

De man (or woman) real bold to come on here with they second post and start to lambase man here boy.  And they take a next poster's name and modify it too oui :o
There was a shortage of originality...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2008, 12:28:26 PM »
watch na alyuh trinis rel bad yes..alyuh doh have a life. alyuh know what them girls does go through...i could tell half ah alyuh bored with alyuh life and just like shit talk..
we all know that they should not draw that game, but typical trinis dont kno half of the story but jump to conclusions. I guess when you life boring and you need to vent bad talking the sports people who working hard and going through the stress is exciting. Whatever floats alyuh boat..but get alyuh facts straight before yuh talk yuh crap!!
Who are you? i guess you are not a Trini right?i agree with you may be we don't know,well help us Mr know it all,give us some information we don't know so we could stop talking crap,give us the half we don't know.
 If you know Trinis,you would know we like talking crap but we can be very serious when we ready so don't come on here to vent your feelings on us,if you don't want to tell anybody what you know tell me i want to know what we wrong whay the girls draw.

who cares if it is him/her second post..

he/she talk sense dey and it eh have no copyright on forum name..

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2008, 02:14:49 PM »

Dis post sounding like mey boi Shabazz. Shabazz, if dat is u, send yuh boi Steve ah pm, it is brother M in Miami. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 02:23:39 PM »
Shabazz is a real good brother, that really take his job seriously. However, unfortunately Shabazz, I have to support Mr. Warner on his statement. I like that Mr. Warner , come down hard on each individual, hold people accountable for any failure we may have on any of our national teams, especially the men senior  team. At this point in time, I wouldn't say that we are better than USA or Mexico, or may be even CR, but on any given day with heart and effort right down to the final whistle, we can get a favorable result, against any of those countries.

In my opinion, we are right there, may be just a few steps behind those above mentioned countries. I think with us having a world cup appearance, some experienced lads on the team, that are playing at a high level, we should soon find out with this WCQ ahead of us, if we are really behind the big name CONCACAF teams. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Take his job seriously my rass.......how many years now Shabazz misusing players. Players training hard for months and then Shabazz carrying player who train for a week to player leaving out the dedicated players. Come again SUPA. I know plenty women player quit because of favoritism by this coach. Carrying players to tournament overseas because they want them to get scholarships, or because is friend thing. Taking forwrds and playing them as defenders just to include them on the trip and all kind of mess. He create he own monster now deal with it. As long as he is cooach we could have what good players we will always be 4th or fifth.

ELAN, may be yuh missing meh point my friend, Supa doh have tuh come again. I know Shabazz real good, from since 19 o long and I can surely vow for him and say dat he take his job very seriously. If you want to say dat he make some questionable decisions, dat is cool. He is human, just like all de other coaches in de world dat makes questionable decisions, so I guess he just have to learn from his mistakes. Yuh know plenty women players, cool, well I know most ah de women players dat played under him from since Nelson was playing on dat team  ;) and most of dem had great things to say about de bredda. How far back yuh know yuh women players? Talk tuh meh nah man.

I agree wid Warner, but I also stand by saying Shabazz mean good when ever he is in charge of any team, he always want success and taking it tuh de next level. All yuh know ah does tell out and tell all yuh as it is. Are  you all judging Shabazz for his work dat he put in as a coach or you al naturally dislike him cuz he is ah Muslim? Supa eh stupid, ah cud feel de vibe from some of you all, but anyway, dat is yuh human rights, yuh cud like or dislike anyone for what ever reason  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 02:39:32 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 03:39:36 PM »
Shabazz is a real good brother, that really take his job seriously. However, unfortunately Shabazz, I have to support Mr. Warner on his statement. I like that Mr. Warner , come down hard on each individual, hold people accountable for any failure we may have on any of our national teams, especially the men senior  team. At this point in time, I wouldn't say that we are better than USA or Mexico, or may be even CR, but on any given day with heart and effort right down to the final whistle, we can get a favorable result, against any of those countries.

In my opinion, we are right there, may be just a few steps behind those above mentioned countries. I think with us having a world cup appearance, some experienced lads on the team, that are playing at a high level, we should soon find out with this WCQ ahead of us, if we are really behind the big name CONCACAF teams. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Take his job seriously my rass.......how many years now Shabazz misusing players. Players training hard for months and then Shabazz carrying player who train for a week to player leaving out the dedicated players. Come again SUPA. I know plenty women player quit because of favoritism by this coach. Carrying players to tournament overseas because they want them to get scholarships, or because is friend thing. Taking forwrds and playing them as defenders just to include them on the trip and all kind of mess. He create he own monster now deal with it. As long as he is cooach we could have what good players we will always be 4th or fifth.

ELAN, may be yuh missing meh point my friend, Supa doh have tuh come again. I know Shabazz real good, from since 19 o long and I can surely vow for him and say dat he take his job very seriously. If you want to say dat he make some questionable decisions, dat is cool. He is human, just like all de other coaches in de world dat makes questionable decisions, so I guess he just have to learn from his mistakes. Yuh know plenty women players, cool, well I know most ah de women players dat played under him from since Nelson was playing on dat team  ;) and most of dem had great things to say about de bredda. How far back yuh know yuh women players? Talk tuh meh nah man.

I agree wid Warner, but I also stand by saying Shabazz mean good when ever he is in charge of any team, he always want success and taking it tuh de next level. All yuh know ah does tell out and tell all yuh as it is. Are  you all judging Shabazz for his work dat he put in as a coach or you al naturally dislike him cuz he is ah Muslim? Supa eh stupid, ah cud feel de vibe from some of you all, but anyway, dat is yuh human rights, yuh cud like or dislike anyone for what ever reason  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

SUPA I know about all them players you talking about. I don't want to buss no files, it will serve no true purpose. Now....as in these recent, years the National team has changed a bit because of parental participation in and around the team. I wish them luck.

We will be in this situation for a long time to come. I hope they can give the team and staff some help.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2008, 10:15:57 AM »

SUPA I know about all them players you talking about. I don't want to buss no files, it will serve no true purpose. Now....as in these recent, years the National team has changed a bit because of parental participation in and around the team. I wish them luck.

We will be in this situation for a long time to come. I hope they can give the team and staff some help.
        I appreciate what everybody knows about our women's national team and the Coach etc etc i ask questions or give my views on what ever little info i have,i am sensitive towards women's Football because my daughter played for T&T for many years,she was even good enough to get a scholarship to the US so i think i know enough of what goes on and been going on with our women,if you all know Tricia Cooper you will know who i'm talking about,i would like to know some of the problems women's Football have that the men's teams don't,all our national teams  have the same problems is just that they take care of the men and don't care about the women,you are right is recent years they have started taking notice and we starting to notice changes taking place.       

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2008, 11:55:06 AM »

Cool thing meh family, ah cud reason wid yuh man, yuh doh take things personal and get all bent and out of shape for no reason. Respect  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2008, 12:12:05 PM »

I appreciate what everybody knows about our women's national team and the Coach etc etc i ask questions or give my views on what ever little info i have,i am sensitive towards women's Football because my daughter played for T&T for many years,she was even good enough to get a scholarship to the US so i think i know enough of what goes on and been going on with our women,if you all know Tricia Cooper you will know who i'm talking about,i would like to know some of the problems women's Football have that the men's teams don't,all our national teams  have the same problems is just that they take care of the men and don't care about the women,you are right is recent years they have started taking notice and we starting to notice changes taking place.       

Coop's,

As you probably noticed, ah does take ah real quick browse on de forum and dip, cuz ah have a lot going on lately, cool. Tuh be honest, some how ah missed your first post, after reading the last one you did, I was asking myself, damn like meh family offended by my comments on Shabazz.

However, after reading your posts, I definitely see why you said the things in your posts. May be you all might be right with some of your observations about Shabazz, may be being around at dat time, I just couldn't see those things. I will stick by saying he is a very hard worker and dedicated to his job, I know dat for a fact. Sorry to hear dat about your daughter, I know how dat cud feel, if you did, don't take my posts personal. I just know some things about Shabazz, and I have to stand up and represent him, just like I will do for any of our players and staff, if I need to  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSSED. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 12:17:46 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2008, 03:59:37 PM »
Coops,
          I should have made the connection with you and Tricia. You and a handful of Trini are fortunate enough to say that father and sibling(daughter or son ) played for TT. Congrats Breds.

Taking that aside, it is a pity it took so long for them to recognize the importance of the women's game. They don't bring in the big crowds(as yet), but we have to work on development at all levels. The girls/ladies want to play, but resources are lacking. If there were no scholarships for the ladies to play college ball, they would have been in wore shape.

I  am tired of the token gestures given the females. We want substansive efforts from the administration. NOW!!!!

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2008, 08:49:24 AM »

Whilst it have no copyright to names on the forum, yuh could see that it there is a possibility that it could cause some confusion down the road.  I remember a particular thread not long ago that could have turned sour with Jus Cool and Just Cool.

More to the point...the poster come on the board and make suggestions about Trinis traits, irregardless of whether is true or not, but failed to identify what knowledge he/she had concerning the topic in question.  Days pass and they never respond to Coops post....if yuh have facts, put yuh hand up and say yuh piece instead of just rambling about "alyuh Trinis".
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2008, 09:39:51 AM »
Not to mention that of the poster's 2 contributions BOTH are essentially identical ... almost a year apart

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=3992;sa=showPosts

Somebody corn geh mash? ...

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2008, 09:47:27 AM »
Well at least they sounding like they probably close to the women's football, or probably have women football at heart.

Then at least come out and state some facts and enlighten us, the ignorants, who jes bumping we gums...dais all.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2008, 10:17:23 AM »
Supa you know we cool,i'm not one to nitpick at anybody just give my views on the way i feel about situations taking place,i've always stood up for Shabazz right or wrong and is because we are all Coaches,i know how it feels when you are doing the best you can under adverse conditions and people expect the best results,Shabazz is like a father to our women Footballers,i wouldn't even try to list the things he have done for these girls,i know if it was not for him my daughter may not have made it to where she reached in the game,i was not in T&T when she made it so no one can say i had any influence on the Coach,she made it while going to Mucurapo Sr Com that's how good she was.The guy works hard and i give him credit for that,it's the same thing Marvin Oliver said. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2008, 10:46:40 AM »

De man (or woman) real bold to come on here with they second post and start to lambase man here boy. And they take a next poster's name and modify it too oui :o

Whilst it have no copyright to names on the forum, yuh could see that it there is a possibility that it could cause some confusion down the road. I remember a particular thread not long ago that could have turned sour with Jus Cool and Just Cool.

More to the point...the poster come on the board and make suggestions about Trinis traits, irregardless of whether is true or not, but failed to identify what knowledge he/she had concerning the topic in question. Days pass and they never respond to Coops post....if yuh have facts, put yuh hand up and say yuh piece instead of just rambling about "alyuh Trinis".

the bredder/sistren was just expressing her frustration which was warranted in my opinion.. it have no honor system or seniority meter on the forum that governs the content of the post.

chances are, he/she ent here to stay so i doubt much thought or effort went into identifying a unique forum name..

that aside, i understand where the comment came from which is why I see the merit even if you see it as a mere ramble.

Ok so, the women's team lost, but lo and behold out of the shadows come a whole heap of foreign based experts looking to throw in dey 2 cents about lack of preparation, faulty infrastructure, lack of effort etc etc etc..  I could more reason with this if it was the men's team or some international team where information about everything is readily available for perusal and assessment. But imo the majority of critics don't have a clue about the slightest thing going on in the women's program back at home, but just criticising for criticsing sake.. Dont get me wrong because some of the comments were well-informed from people who had intimate knowledge about the ongoings. But like the poster said, for the most part is like people really have nothing better to do.

Allyuh trinis!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2008, 08:06:35 AM »
Supa you know we cool,i'm not one to nitpick at anybody just give my views on the way i feel about situations taking place,i've always stood up for Shabazz right or wrong and is because we are all Coaches,i know how it feels when you are doing the best you can under adverse conditions and people expect the best results,Shabazz is like a father to our women Footballers,i wouldn't even try to list the things he have done for these girls,i know if it was not for him my daughter may not have made it to where she reached in the game,i was not in T&T when she made it so no one can say i had any influence on the Coach,she made it while going to Mucurapo Sr Com that's how good she was.The guy works hard and i give him credit for that,it's the same thing Marvin Oliver said. 

Thanks for that line sah, that I know for sure. At least de people dat might have doubted me when I said so, I'm sure dey will think differently now. Bless meh bredda, respect to you all the time, ah man cud never get mad and cuss yuh out here, cuz yuh does address things openly and yet still respect your fellow members and Supa have huge respect for you, cuz of that :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 01:51:20 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2008, 08:44:23 PM »
I see nough men making some valid points. However, I will continue to take the road I have always chosen which is simply to not be critical but drop lil knowledge based on my experiences in the women's game for the past 18 years. I am not home so I can't comment on things I have no knowledge on. I do still follow tnt football religiously though.  I am of the belief that we can steal ideas and learn from countries who are ahead of us. There was a time when the US was the top team in the World, this is no longer the case because I have seen coaches and administrators come in from Brazil, Germany, Canada, Mexico and Asia just to name a few. Their goal was to steal ideas and concepts which they implement in their national teams today. I too have been a part of US contingents travelling abroad to return the favor and I have benefited each time as well as the US youth national teams I have worked with

We will all agree that there is alot to be done. Trini is truly a young female footballing nation but we have some talented ones. I remember having a conversation with Mia Hamm a few years ago about Maylee. She wished she was a US citizen so she could play for the US. I believe we have some very talented female players at home. Many of you all have already alluded to this. There is a general consensus that with serious/legitimate support from the football administration we can achieve so much more. At the same time there is a belief that our trini coaching staff could perform better. I know Shabazz long time back when we called him Hyron Best. I have not been around his stint with the womens team so ah cah say much about that.

I want to see these girls do well so bad. It was tough to see my ODP team rough up our 17's in Costa Rica. The majority of these girls I have been working with for the past three years. I wish our trini girls all the best though. I just hope that we will continue to grow and get better. Bless Up Ladies
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2008, 09:12:05 PM »
nnyman18 do you think that if we kept our female players at home ie not send them to college out here. Enroll them in UTT or UWI and have aan academy with KNOWledgable coaches working with them right through will help? I mean....coaches like yourself who kow how to take players to the next level and have been around. They will be readily available, fit and can travel together during the year playing games. I know the college experience out here is a good one, but looking at the US team (even Canada) they have their players right here. It is problems and disruptive for players to be leaving school for 3 weeks and coaches and professors pressuring them.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2008, 08:24:26 AM »
Elan: your suggestion is definitly a good one but would not necessarily be good for the female player. The women have very limited opportunity to make a living from football and the US College opportunity at least gives them a chance to get an education. It's much easier for many of them to be admitted to a US college than UTT or UWI.
The American and Canadian players who are attending college have the same issues with professors and class attendance, so the USSF and CFA have to work around the college system as well. T&T needs to create a structured schedule which would allow them to conduct traing and camps around the college academic calendar...Sprig Break training camp etc. This could be done in the US as most of the players attend schools within fairly good travel proximity. The staff can travel to the US with the remaining T&T based players. Training in T&T in the summer(3 months) and Christmas (1 month)when the players are out of school. The summer could include a trip to Europe where they can play a number of teams. Christmas could include a trip to Brazil...nuff teams right there to play. Invite teams to come to T&T as well for friendlies in a tournament format.
The bigger question is the availability of financial and personnel resourses to make this kind of committment to the future of the women's game. I suspect that scheduling may be difficult for the personnel involved...if the WTD is the National team coach for Guyana; the head coach for a pro club and also coaching the WNT. I don't know any other place where a TD also coaches a club or national team...so some of these things need to be looked at in terms of providing the best system/opportunity for the female players to get what they need in terms of proper support for their development.( PS: THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO BASH SHABBAZZ...I know him from way back in the day and believe he means well for football...men and women)
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2008, 01:57:18 PM »
I see nough men making some valid points. However, I will continue to take the road I have always chosen which is simply to not be critical but drop lil knowledge based on my experiences in the women's game for the past 18 years. I am not home so I can't comment on things I have no knowledge on. I do still follow tnt football religiously though.  I am of the belief that we can steal ideas and learn from countries who are ahead of us. There was a time when the US was the top team in the World, this is no longer the case because I have seen coaches and administrators come in from Brazil, Germany, Canada, Mexico and Asia just to name a few. Their goal was to steal ideas and concepts which they implement in their national teams today. I too have been a part of US contingents travelling abroad to return the favor and I have benefited each time as well as the US youth national teams I have worked with

We will all agree that there is alot to be done. Trini is truly a young female footballing nation but we have some talented ones. I remember having a conversation with Mia Hamm a few years ago about Maylee. She wished she was a US citizen so she could play for the US. I believe we have some very talented female players at home. Many of you all have already alluded to this. There is a general consensus that with serious/legitimate support from the football administration we can achieve so much more. At the same time there is a belief that our trini coaching staff could perform better. I know Shabazz long time back when we called him Hyron Best. I have not been around his stint with the womens team so ah cah say much about that.

I want to see these girls do well so bad. It was tough to see my ODP team rough up our 17's in Costa Rica. The majority of these girls I have been working with for the past three years. I wish our trini girls all the best though. I just hope that we will continue to grow and get better. Bless Up Ladies

Ah believe yuh just educated a few people on dat, cuz ah sure a lot of people didn't know dat is Mr. Hyron Best. A lot of dem I believe got to know this gentleman by Shabazz, due to you all know what. I will never mention dat on de forum and dis meh brother. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 02:14:31 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2008, 06:07:12 PM »
Definitely wasn't trying to dis me brother deh because I have real love for that man since the early 80's. Jamal took me under his wings back in the day as a brother trying to make it in coaching school. So no man could never get me to say nothing bad bout that brother on no forum. As men already say Jamal take them girls and them at a time when no one else would have done what he did. So de brother needs to always get love for that. So as I have said before. I ain't spending no time on this forum criticising. Ah only dropping knowledge.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2008, 07:20:53 PM »
Elan CKI address  some of the questions you posed for me. So I will like to expound on it a little. I think as long as we familiarize ourselves with the American school system it could work. Both the ODP program and the US national team youth programs work around the players school schedules but there are times when we do run into situations where the players may have to miss school. With the college players its a bit different. So it will not hurt for us to schedule events around their school schedules knowing that at times it will be hard.

Teams like Canada have benefited greatly from their players playing in the college league here. So I wouldn't want to see our trini girls not be able to take advantage of this opportunity. I would actually like to see the opposite. I would love to see more girls here playing not just in college but eventually in the women's league which is about to form soon.

I would say that over time as the trini pool of players increase and become better we can look into keeping more players at home.

As for me being involved. I am sure we have nough quality men home to handle that venture. I wouldn't mind being a resource when it comes to sharing information or be part of a scouting team that constantly search for trini/ American players abroad. The qualified trini men out here ( and there are a lot of them) could even be working in conjunction with the staff in trini as it relates to the trini players abroad. Just this weekend I went to a tournament to scout for players and saw some trini Canadians playing for a club called AJAX. These girls were very good U-17 players.  In the same breath I know nough trini American players who would jump at the idea to wear red black and white. They will only serve to further develop our team in the long run. As I have said before nough countries have done it before. So we won't be the first.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2008, 07:43:15 PM »
As a coach I will say this simply... everyone has the answers to the match AFTER the match done. The two easiest scapegoats in team sports are the officials and the coach. So it's easy to say that the coach blew it because a team that was probably better prepared than us managed to score a goal in the last minute of the game. No acknowledgement of the fact that this team came closer to something never done before than any other. It's the old not seeing the forest through the trees cliché or as is often the case here in T&T we have too inflated an opinion of our abilities.

I'm sure most of us who have coached can appreciate that preparation for a competition is more than just 1 week before a tournament. There are phases and cycles. There are the physical aspects, which can further be broken down into sport specific, e.g. techniques. Then there are mental aspects, e.g. tactical awareness. Then there are things that training alone can't deal with so there's learning that happens only after experiencing a situation. That is why veteran understanding is so important.

At the end of the day I am far more sympathetic to Shabazz and appreciative of his efforts given the things he has to deal with with regards to preparation that he has no control over.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 07:18:55 AM »
I agree with you brother. There needs to be more support given to the womens program. One week preparation has been glorified as though it was enough to get the team ready. Shabazz needs to be commended for his efforts thus far and not ridiculed by the administration. As coaches we are aware that sometimes the criticisms we receive are well deserved. However,to suggest that one week was enough preparation time is ludicrous.

Until the program receives the necessary support from the federation to move forward then the majority of the criticism against the staff is unwarranted

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2008, 07:27:22 AM »
I have asked this before but I suppose the answer is predictable. Does a videographer travel with any of our teams?

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2008, 08:35:46 AM »
That's a good question and I wonder if we'll get the answer. In hockey we still don't have a trained videographer on tours, but we've started taking extra players for exposure and they double role behind the camera. With limited resources it's the best that can happen at this point.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2008, 08:41:32 AM »
The ideas/views concerning this topic is very interesting,the guys discussing the issues here seem to be quite knowledgeable about what they are talking about but i would just like to add my bit,not to repeat what has already been said.

Our Football has a major problem and unless we can find a way to solve it all the ideas/views we have will not be able to be implemented,we can't support our Footballers fulltime,staying at home has no future for a Footballer,a Footballer can't have Football as a career at home,when we need our players it's not possible to get them at any time,we can't have Camps for no length of time because players are contracted to clubs or going to school and are not available.

What i have noticed for years the people that are called up for training/Camps/Clinics are not the ones that represent us,the ones that represent us are not at home,so sometimes you want to do or initiate things but who you doing it with,imagine for the WC in Germany they take a man because he playing in Germany add him to the squad in place of guys who had been there from day one,these are some of the reasons why our Football is where it is,something have to be done,i don't have the answers i don't know,all i can say is it's affecting the development of our Football and national teams.

The question i've always asked and can't get an answer is, how other countries get their players when ever they need them,weather it's training/games/banquet/just call it they get them,these are some of the things i would like PFATT to deal with,this is about players.I must say also the TTFF have to find a better way of working around or through these clubs/schools so that we can have our players when needed,our players are put in tough positions at times where they have to make decisions concerning their bread and butter and people taking them and playing the fool,we have to put ourselves in their positions to know how it feels.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2008, 10:39:14 AM »
I remember a few years ago a phone call came in to my head coach office whilst I was present, and he began talking to the person on the other side. After 3 mins. or so he said listen to this, and put the speaker phone on. Music playing loudly in the the background with a member of the T&T Women's football coaching staff seeking to secure the release of a female player. The head coach asked why did he want the particular player when  he (the head coach) ad 2 other T&T female players who are just as good if not better. No explanation could be given. Not that the coach felt an explanation was required, but he had a lot invested in these players. The one requested by the National team did not even want to go. Her prior experiences with the team was not good. She ended up in airport on her way to trinidad with no ticket and had to sleep in the airport and such.

The lack of professionalism is all across the board, and this is where things have to change.

Offline trinipepper

• New Warrior
  • addin fire to the flame ...izatrini
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2008, 05:56:13 PM »
TTFA needs to make many changes and development to the women national team.. they should follow suit as other teams.. ..Women football is growing and its about time the big heads in the TTFA take recognition to the game, coaching and its players... There are great trini players in Trinidad and Tobago also a lot of players in the USA with trini parentage..There should be a vast recruitment base of players. But not much is spent to gather these players...TTFA needs to raise and restructure the level of the women football competition. They also need to set the standard, professionalism, coaching, assistance and support for the national womens team...The best thing a trini girl footballer player can look forward to is a soccer scholarship..... To touch on ya point Elan professionalism comes a long way especially in trini where effort and hard work can be under mention..I have saw many players fell to the way side both men and women by the lack of coaches professionalism....As for trini ball preparation and hard work is the key.... I think as a coach one should prepare for the battle e.g. one of my old coaches spoke of david and goliatt. I think david did prepared to beat Goliatt. hence forth his success... I think our national team has known for years what they lack from its past scores and performances. Thus nothing have ever been done or put in place for success and growth.. It about time for a change ... if it aint wukkin try something new...  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: jw

yah kah go wrong with de strong... izatrini

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2008, 07:49:08 PM »
Well said trinipepper. I will add that the scholarship will also be an opportunity for these girls to excel and then be seen. This will result in consideration given not just to the women's league which is about to begin very soon but to the other leagues over seas in places like England and Sweden.
I can assure you that I have been privy o some meaningful conversation concerning possible opportunities for top female players from trini in the American league that is about to begin.

1]; } ?>