June 08, 2024, 07:18:40 PM

Author Topic: Wim versus Maturana  (Read 15093 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Wim versus Maturana
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2008, 11:11:12 AM »
Truetrini,

Between unmitigated addness and unmitigated biasness, I will choose assness any day. At least assness doh have no maliciousness in it.

You stick on a statement de man made AFTER he get SHAFTED by our federation and unceremoniously dumped and acting like he say it 50 times. You could talk dutch? You even sure that is what the man say? Obviously he didn't have a high opinion of a lot of our players and the structure in place, but for the last f-ing time the TTFF pull whatever carpet was covering those deficiencies right from underneath him by imposing the jacklist.

You talking about Whitley rededicating himself under Maturana. Whitley was on the bloody jacklist, too. That could explain why he was "undedicated".

For the 40th time, stop spreading that misinformation. Wim did not REFUSE the mexico game. The game was NEVER ON. You keep eating the chain up the TTFF selling and you know better than that. THE MEXICAN FEDERATION NEVER MENTIONED THAT GAME. When it became apparent it wasn't going to come off, Jack put the blame on Wim sayng the players not being up to standard or some bullshit. Jack has been announcing and cancelling games for years now. I doh see why all of a sudden you believe him on this one.
If you weren't so busy ranting about coconut trees you might have heard when Wim said that 5 of 7 friendlies planned by the TTFF FELL THROUGH!
As for this middle east tournament business, the only thing like that I remember was under BEENIE! And who announced that we have to refuse it? Not Beenie, not wim. But Jackula himself. HE was the one concerned about the country's "image"

You argument about Adu and co is fraudulent. I would bet you money if I had it that Adu wasn't playing on the USNT at the same time that he was qualifying and training for the youth world cup.  Half ah dem other men you talking about already with big big side like Barcelona and what not, and some of them STILL can't break on to their NT.

If you want to say you prefer Maturana style go ahead. If you want to say Wim had no coaching credentials, I understand. If you want to say Wim used to bitch too much, I with you.

But you need to stop acting like a rapid pitbull everytime somebody call de man name. Wim is a blip on the radar of Trinidad and Tobago football as will be Maturana. The 500 pound gorilla in de room staring at we long time now and you know it damn well better than anyone else.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2008, 11:13:46 AM »
Y all yuh comparin d devil wit Christ. Maturana is oui saviour he using College League players and we drawing with JA in JA. I done start 2 find d money 2 go SA. With Pancho all d ills have been removed we save like d bank of England.

weary1969, ah think dis is where yuh geh TT heated ... :devil: Yuh hadda separate church from state  field.  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 11:15:28 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »
The 500 pound gorilla in de room staring at we long time now and you know it damn well better than anyone else.
de Vampire morph into ah Gorilla now?
whey fooote, de man is ah boss :devil:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 11:33:28 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 11:53:24 AM »
I too weary to deal with some.

If de mexico game was never on, and it was all a TTFF chain up...why did Wim himself say we should not play it?

steups.

I iolder dan plenty ah allyuh and I have been more vocal against Jack Warner dan most ah allyuh.   I eh care tuh bring Jack into de arguemnet when we talking about coaching attributes.

Yes he ahs a lot to say on who what and when, but that does not absolve shit hound Wim from derelection of duty and false pretenses.  He was NEVER in T&T for T&T football.  Let he haul he arse.

I am all for seeing the end of Jack and Camps and Groden eh....but lumping Wim's reluctance to coach a local team with Jack's blacklist is two different things.

Wether Maturana is a glorious success or a stunning failure is left to be seen.  I wish him all the best as much as I cuss Wim!

I only see what has been happening...Wim did not want to perservere with locals and was ALQWAYS critical and full of damn excuses...thus far Maturana has seen the short comings but has characterized them for they are and has been working to improve the players.

All Wim did was make excuses and decry the league and players.  Yuh doh take ah job tuh coach and den make disparaging comments about yuh players ...yuh seek to improve them.

Wim had every chance to do jes dis as he did not have the foreign based at his disposal.

He cried continously and moaned how he eh get paid.

According to the Ministry of Sport all..ALL wages were paid!

Let Wim and Jack take de same f**king boat.

Allyuh want to add Jack blacklist and Wim's inabilities to coach in de same basin...dat eh de way.

Wim's job is his job....regardless of if Jack make it extremely difficult...if he was so opposed to the shit, he shoulda ride out!  He gorn cuz he get se Jack Shaft....and only becasue of dat!

Odderwise, he woulda still be in T&T drinking rum and liming under coconut trees!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 12:04:02 PM »
Alright. Let we take this from another angle. Forget Wim's shortcomings and/or incompetence.

Seriously, I would just like your opinion on something:

Beenie was in T&T football for T&T football? Was Simoes in T&T for T&T football? Was Vranes in T&T for T&T football? Is Maturana in T&T for T&T football? Which foreign coach has been in T&T football for T&T football?

Serious question, since you older than me and you see much more of them.

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

truetrini

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2008, 12:12:24 PM »
Alright. Let we take this from another angle. Forget Wim's shortcomings and/or incompetence.

Seriously, I would just like your opinion on something:

Beenie was in T&T football for T&T football? Was Simoes in T&T for T&T football? Was Vranes in T&T for T&T football? Is Maturana in T&T for T&T football? Which foreign coach has been in T&T football for T&T football?

Serious question, since you older than me and you see much more of them.

definitely Vranes, Simoes and Beenie.  They saw what we had and decided to work hard to accomplish results.  I am not naieve to beleive that those same men did not want good results as it would enhance their reputations.  But not one of the men on that list, even newbie Maturana has shirked responsibility and refused to try with what was at their disposal.

When a coach takes a job to coach a nation he is there for the advancement of that nation's football.  He is there to address shortcomings, get results and improve the general standard of play.

While Wim had to deal with the Jacklist and the others did not, I did not judge him on the team's lack of success, I judged him on his won words and his rectitude in advancing T&T football.

I got a litany of woes,a plethora of excuses and a latrine of shit talk along with a thesis on rum, coconut trees and lack of professionalism.  Not a damn word on how the players were advancing under him.

JAck be damned, Camps be damned, but Wim be damned too.  I cannot put my head on a definitive block eh, but from what has alwyas been a very reliable source, I heard that even the U-17 World Cup team were excoriated by Wim during a half time "pep Chat."   He reportedly told the players that they werent up to it, were too slow and unprepared for international football even at that level.

That sounds rather credible report as far as I am concerned because it mirrors perfectly the common tripe that Dutch bastard spewed during his entire tenure as head coach!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2008, 12:26:18 PM »
Apppssssss

Alyuh go easy. It only takes one good cutarse from a competent side to have us saying they is a bunch of shithounds.

I do not think it is fair to compare the coaches just yet, also we have not played any significant opponent as yet ( JA included)

That Guadeloupe game was disappointing, El Salvador was a jokey side and JA ent really no big team (regardless what the JA posters or some of you may think)

Given the situation, time, players involved and their calibre...relative to the opposition, Maturana gets a passing grade from me.

When Wim used local players you could have seen what he was asking for...its just the fellas couldnt execute.

I find the side playing the same brand of ball, same knock around in the back, same possession, same flank work.

Maturana working with what he have and I like how he exposing youths. But being honest, they ent ready for Concacaf ball yet.

The USA especially Donovan will rip apart that defence, the lil 16 yr old ent ready yet.

Let us revist this thread at the end of june-july after we play some more matches.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

truetrini

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2008, 12:36:48 PM »
Touches, is not the players on trial.  Stop now!

Is de coach..err de fraud Wim.

Exposing the locals to the games now can only be good....or should Maturana do like wim and keep dem in de cubby hole and complain dey eh ready?  When will dey be ready?  What happens after the foreign based gorn?

Do we have enough foreign based to field an entire team?

Yes they eh ready, but at least now they are being prepared.

Wim was jocking

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2008, 01:13:55 PM »
Truetrini,

Between unmitigated addness and unmitigated biasness, I will choose assness any day. At least assness doh have no maliciousness in it.

You stick on a statement de man made AFTER he get SHAFTED by our federation and unceremoniously dumped and acting like he say it 50 times.

I eh go respond to de rest ah what yuh type, because frankly ah stop after this point here.  "unceremoniously dumped"???

So what yuh wanted de TTFF to do..hold ah retirement ceremony and give him ah gold watch after he attack Lincoln Phillips in he office?

De man call Trini culture ah slacker culture...he get ah pass

De man attack de only man with any kind ah integrity in de TTFF...he get ah pass

I eh go even get into de slights tuh Liburd and de putting down players thing

De amount ah passes he get is ah wonder we eh calling him Dr. Wim by now.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2008, 01:44:35 PM »
Truetrini,

You stick on a statement de man made AFTER he get SHAFTED by our federation and unceremoniously dumped and acting like he say it 50 times.

I eh go respond to de rest ah what yuh type, because frankly ah stop after this point here.  "unceremoniously dumped"???

So what yuh wanted de TTFF to do..hold ah retirement ceremony and give him ah gold watch after he attack Lincoln Phillips in he office?

De man attack de only man with any kind ah integrity in de TTFF...he get ah pass

I think u should have read the rest of his post, he made some good points. But with regard to the bolded statements above, i need some clarification. Who did he get a pass from? The slacker culture comment was made AFTER he was sacked, and the attack on Phillips was the reason he was sacked.....that doh seem like he get a pass to me

I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

truetrini

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2008, 01:56:48 PM »
so if he said it before or after he was sacked...what is de difference?  He said it because he felt it was true.

He is ah stink arse.  Leh he haul he dutch ass

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2008, 01:58:41 PM »
Truetrini,

you stopped reading because you are misinformed. unceremoniously dumped is correct here. Remember, he got suspended with the intention of coming back after paying his penalty. Instead of clarifying the situation for the public and firing Wim immediately, TTFF held everyone in limbo. Even getting sacked straight up has more ceremony, if you will.
Hart for president

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2008, 02:11:48 PM »
I

He cried continously and moaned how he eh get paid.

According to the Ministry of Sport all..ALL wages were paid!

Let Wim and Jack take de same f**king boat.

wim complained that his staff did not get pay since last September and he has to motivate them  , wim complained that the under 15 team did not have a budget , wim complained that the under 17 team was not given adequate preparation ... I guess you expect the national coach to come and hush his mouth...... oh and wim can returbn after the 6 months
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 02:17:08 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2008, 02:21:49 PM »
Reality?  There are two realities, I acknowledged both.

He was deaing with ah shitty admin.

He was ah shitty coach.

Axes grinding?  Nah axe sharp and cutting.

And triniaman ahul yuh stink ass, yuh was sucking Jack Warner tot tos like ah beh beh chile long time.

De milk get sour in yuh mout so yuh spit out de tot tots and crying yuh want Wim milk.

Supporter, Wim was suspended and had no intention of coming back.  He went and made remarks in de Dutch oress as well as accept a job elsewhere.

eh eh.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2008, 02:50:43 PM »
Truetrini,

I think u should have read the rest of his post, he made some good points. But with regard to the bolded statements above, i need some clarification. Who did he get a pass from? The slacker culture comment was made AFTER he was sacked, and the attack on Phillips was the reason he was sacked.....that doh seem like he get a pass to me

Fella I talking about the discussions on the forum here.

No forumite was involved in Wim hiring or firing...by responding to Midknight's comments about "unceremoniously dumped" I would think it would be clear in what vein my comments were made.  All you have to do is read the bullshit about what language he made the statements in and what not to realize what "pass" I was talking about.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 03:00:37 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2008, 02:57:46 PM »
you stopped reading because you are misinformed. unceremoniously dumped is correct here. Remember, he got suspended with the intention of coming back after paying his penalty. Instead of clarifying the situation for the public and firing Wim immediately, TTFF held everyone in limbo. Even getting sacked straight up has more ceremony, if you will.

lol...if I misinformed then what dat make you?  Ah dunce...ah jackass...both?

"Unceremoniously dumped" implies that he did something during his employ that should have merited some sort of award, acknowledgement or 'ceremony' to accompany his departure.  So tell me Mr. hybrid dunce-jackass...exactly what did Wim do to merit a ceremonious departure?

To top it off he attacked a colleague ON THE JOB.  Any job you go to, even if you attack a colleague off the job that is grounds for summary dismissal, let alone to do it on company time and on the company's premises.  His suspension was just a formality so if you was holding on in limbo for Wim to come back when Wim heself went out and get ah next wuk before he 'suspension' was up...then you is ah even bigger idiot than I was willing to give yuh credit for.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 02:59:57 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2008, 03:00:29 PM »

"Unceremoniously dumped" implies that he did something during his employ that should have merited some sort of award, acknowledgement or 'ceremony' to accompany his departure.  So tell me Mr. hybrid dunce-jackass...exactly what did Wim do to merit a ceremonious departure?

that is certainly not what 'unceremoniously dumped' means or implies, and i highly doubt anyone else interpreted it as such.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2008, 03:01:21 PM »
Truetrini,

No forumite was involved in Wim hiring or firing...by responding to Midknight's comments about "unceremoniously dumped" it would think it would be clear in what vein my comments were made.  All you have to do is read the bullshit about what language he made the statements in and what not to realize what "pass" I was talking about.

I ent really too sure where you come out from, neither where you going, but since you seem like you want clarification here it goes.

He was unceremoniously dumped and you can't change that fact. I never once entered into the discussion of whether it was meritted or not. Let me give you a example you could understand.

If you cuss a man mudder because he say some nonsense about football, the fact that he was talking nonsense doh change the fact that you cuss he mother. Whether or not  it was meritted is another discussion altogether. If I say you cuss he mudder, I won't be lying.

Get off my case.

truetrini

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2008, 03:04:08 PM »

To top it off he attacked a colleague ON THE JOB.  Any job you go to, even if you attack a colleague off the job that is grounds for summary dismissal, let alone to do it on company time and on the company's premises.  His suspension was just a formality so if you was holding on in limbo for Wim to come back then you is ah even bigger idiot than I was willing to give yuh credit for.

easy bakes de man eh ah idiot, he is a long suffering fan ah T&T ball.

The trouble many have with Wim's dismissal is dat it come from de TTFF...But who else should it come from?  Is dem who hire him and dem who have tuh fire him.  Not becasue de TTFF is ah f**ked up organization that somehow manages to get almost everything wrong, eh nmean dat dey get it wrong when dey fire Wim.

He deserved to go, he berated rated than uplifted.  He saw only negatives...from the players....ah not talking about de TTFF...when he should have been looking at the positives and correcting de deficiencies.

I gald he gorn and he eh f**king coming back ever...that is great news for T&T and for T&T football...now if only Jack and Camps and groden could go too...we would have footballing shangri la in sweet T&T!
And just how was Wim unceremoniously dumped?  Just explain dat to me..if yuh feel Bakes have ah ahrd time understanding that, please indulge me with an explaination???

The man attacked Lincoln Phillips without due cause.  He went to a disclipinary committee meeting and riled heself up in dat too.

He got a 6 month ban and took off and accepted a job elsewhere.

How does that constitute a dumping of any sort?

Thanks

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2008, 03:05:59 PM »

that is certainly not what 'unceremoniously dumped' means or implies, and i highly doubt anyone else interpreted it as such.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This unˇcerˇeˇmoˇniˇous   Audio Help   (ŭn-sěr'ə-mō'nē-əs)  Pronunciation Key  
adj.  
Without the due formalities; abrupt: an unceremonious departure.
Not ceremonious; informal: made an unceremonious presentation.  

Have the 5-year old next to you in class explain the definition to yuh.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2008, 03:08:00 PM »

I ent really too sure where you come out from, neither where you going, but since you seem like you want clarification here it goes.

He was unceremoniously dumped and you can't change that fact. I never once entered into the discussion of whether it was meritted or not. Let me give you a example you could understand.

If you cuss a man mudder because he say some nonsense about football, the fact that he was talking nonsense doh change the fact that you cuss he mother. Whether or not  it was meritted is another discussion altogether. If I say you cuss he mudder, I won't be lying.

Get off my case.

See the definition of "unceremonious" above...if you going to use de people dem word at least familiarize yuhself with the meaning.

As for being "on yuh case"...please.  Save us the persecution syndrome.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2008, 03:08:37 PM »
Truetrini,

No forumite was involved in Wim hiring or firing...by responding to Midknight's comments about "unceremoniously dumped" it would think it would be clear in what vein my comments were made.  All you have to do is read the bullshit about what language he made the statements in and what not to realize what "pass" I was talking about.

Ok that make some sense, even tho i doh fully agree. I find the majority of responses about WIm on this board have been ridiculously negative, without any sense of objectionality towards the situation. Yes he do/say shit, yes he deserve some criticism, nobody cud deny that. the fact still remains though that his employers put him between a rock and a hard place, so say the least. So to totally blame him for what went on is wholly unjustified IMHO.

truetrini

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2008, 03:11:56 PM »
Every single coach in the History of Jack's TTFA/TTFF has been put between a rock and a hard place.  EVERY ONE!

One eh pick he son fuh ah youth side next week he fired and replaced by one who picked the youger Warner!

That is jes de tip ah de iceberg.

The FACT that Wim was not given access to the best players has NUTTEN to do with him performing his duties to those he had at his disposal.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2008, 03:13:58 PM »

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This unˇcerˇeˇmoˇniˇous   Audio Help   (ŭn-sěr'ə-mō'nē-əs)  Pronunciation Key  
adj.  
Without the due formalities; abrupt: an unceremonious departure.
Not ceremonious; informal: made an unceremonious presentation.  

Have the 5-year old next to you in class explain the definition to yuh.

Maybe i'll ask the 3 yr old at the front of your class teaching explain to you the concept of context...

'Unceremoniously dumped' implies, infers and means that Wim was disdainfully shown the door.

Not the first time I've seem the term used in this context in the world of sports journalism. Not surprised you would feel the need to run to a dictionary to verify this; you being a relative newbie finding yuh feet and tripping over yuh lip around these parts..

I guess if I spoke about an 'agricultural stroke' in cricket you would want to go to your Oxford to see if somebody hit a six with a guava branch.. damn fool..

steups.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2008, 03:18:27 PM »
Ok that make some sense, even tho i doh fully agree. I find the majority of responses about WIm on this board have been ridiculously negative, without any sense of objectionality towards the situation. Yes he do/say shit, yes he deserve some criticism, nobody cud deny that. the fact still remains though that his employers put him between a rock and a hard place, so say the least. So to totally blame him for what went on is wholly unjustified IMHO.

I ent disagree.  I was totally behind Wim's hiring when it happened.  In the post-Germany euphoria it seemed the smartest thing to do for the sake of continuity if nothing else.  That he came with Beenie's blessings didn't hurt.

what started to turn the tide for me was the way that he disrespected Lasana...and me ent Lasana boy, family or nutten like that, but he's the closest thing we have to an investigative journalist in Trini football and I find he's hard on the TTFF but fair.  So when Wim diss him talking about he doh have to answer no questions to nobody...dat open mih eyes ah li'l bit.  Then finding out from people from he own country that they consider him ah nobody in the coaching game...then seeing his alignment with McComie on the Peltier thing last year...then hearing from good behind the scenes sources about his attitude and behavior...eventually the tide turned.

Time after time on this very board men would jump to his defense as doh to do otherwise would be to favor the TTFF...dem wasn't on no opposite sides all along, is only up until the end that lines were drawn.  He might have been frustrated at the resources he was given, but save fuh de blacklist is not like he didn't know what he was working with.  As old as the WC team was, what...he expected to only work with those players?  You have to groom young new talent.  I doh even mind de man saying the local players not ready, because watching them it clear they have a ways to go.  But what was he doing to build dem up and make them ready?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2008, 03:26:19 PM »
Maybe i'll ask the 3 yr old at the front of your class teaching explain to you the concept of context...

'Unceremoniously dumped' implies, infers and means that Wim was disdainfully shown the door.

Not the first time I've seem the term used in this context in the world of sports journalism. Not surprised you would feel the need to run to a dictionary to verify this; you being a relative newbie finding yuh feet and tripping over yuh lip around these parts..

I guess if I spoke about an 'agricultural stroke' in cricket you would want to go to your Oxford to see if somebody hit a six with a guava branch.. damn fool..

steups.

Lol....dis posturing jackass 

"relative newbie" when I've actually been a member of this forum longer than you?  Ah bet yuh cyah even describe what the old forum was but yuh throwing newbie talk around.   And with this 'context' talk.  Yuh musse mean 'cunt-ish' cuz dat is all you talking pure cuntishness... how de f**k Wim could be 'show de door' or dumped when de man fire de wuk and went back tuh de Netherlands?  From ah man who doh know he elbow from he asshole ah guess one really shouldn't expect much more.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2008, 03:30:31 PM »
Every single coach in the History of Jack's TTFA/TTFF has been put between a rock and a hard place.  EVERY ONE!

One eh pick he son fuh ah youth side next week he fired and replaced by one who picked the youger Warner!

That is jes de tip ah de iceberg.

The FACT that Wim was not given access to the best players has NUTTEN to do with him performing his duties to those he had at his disposal.

COMPLETELY untrue.

I really cah believe u could say that with a straight face. NO other coach in our history (as far as i know) had to deal with such a massive blacklist, and your assertion that he wasn't performing his duties with those he had at his disposal is pure conjecture. They were playing a decent brand of football throughout the Digicel Cup and the Gold Cup. Like Touches said, yuh cud see what he was trying to get them to do, it was just they couldn't execute. And doh come with this assness talk bout he was supposed to teach them proper technique; what coach supposed to be NOW teaching players technique at the international level?

Suppose England FA decide to blacklist all EPL players from the national team. When Capello cah produce results, u cud come and say banning his best players had NUTTEN to do with it? Try again

Doh get me wrong, I agree that Wim shudda NEVER say half the things he said, and attacking Lincoln Phillips is definite grounds for dismissal. Let him go. But blaming him for things jus cuz yuh eh like him making no kinda sense.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2008, 03:31:39 PM »

I ent disagree.  I was totally behind Wim's hiring when it happened.  In the post-Germany euphoria it seemed the smartest thing to do for the sake of continuity if nothing else.  That he came with Beenie's blessings didn't hurt.

what started to turn the tide for me was the way that he disrespected Lasana...and me ent Lasana boy, family or nutten like that, but he's the closest thing we have to an investigative journalist in Trini football and I find he's hard on the TTFF but fair.  So when Wim diss him talking about he doh have to answer no questions to nobody...dat open mih eyes ah li'l bit.  Then finding out from people from he own country that they consider him ah nobody in the coaching game...then seeing his alignment with McComie on the Peltier thing last year...then hearing from good behind the scenes sources about his attitude and behavior...eventually the tide turned.

Time after time on this very board men would jump to his defense as doh to do otherwise would be to favor the TTFF...dem wasn't on no opposite sides all along, is only up until the end that lines were drawn.  He might have been frustrated at the resources he was given, but save fuh de blacklist is not like he didn't know what he was working with.  As old as the WC team was, what...he expected to only work with those players?  You have to groom young new talent.  I doh even mind de man saying the local players not ready, because watching them it clear they have a ways to go.  But what was he doing to build dem up and make them ready?

I hear yuh. Respek  :beermug:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2008, 03:33:10 PM »

steups.

Lol....dis posturing jackass 

"relative newbie" when I've actually been a member of this forum longer than you?  Ah bet yuh cyah even describe what the old forum was but yuh throwing newbie talk around.   And with this 'context' talk.  Yuh musse mean 'cunt-ish' cuz dat is all you talking pure cuntishness... how de f**k Wim could be 'show de door' or dumped when de man fire de wuk and went back tuh de Netherlands?  From ah man who doh know he elbow from he asshole ah guess one really shouldn't expect much more.

football newbie fool!

anyway.. i eh in de mood and plus i eh for letting this thread go down de toilet.

proceed.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2008, 03:43:11 PM »
football newbie fool!

anyway.. i eh in de mood and plus i eh for letting this thread go down de toilet.

proceed.

Yuh feeling moody?  Whap'n yuh on yuh period again or what?  Eh Pele?...I keep fuhgettin you's ah football star yes.  What position yuh play again...left back? or they use you tuh warm de water bottles?  Look man take yuh newbie talk and pelt yuh mudder c**t yes.  Go aks Midknight if dat one deserve merit.

1]; } ?>