April 23, 2024, 10:38:06 PM

Author Topic: MAN U V ARSENAL  (Read 10893 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: MAN U V ARSENAL
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2008, 11:05:34 AM »
allyuh barca boys really want to test this team stueps. dream on.  good kill today fellas   :beermug:  man utd forever
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 11:07:42 AM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2008, 11:11:15 AM »
clear hands by Gallas eh fellas.

Yuh know allyuh like to cry wolf whenever United get a penalty
No penalty, my call is offside
Live large and prosper!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2008, 11:14:40 AM »
Long time I ent enjoy a game of football so, even when Arsenal was up the game was enjoyable.

Arsenal was incisive but the lack of experience show even though is the most experienced man who make the biggest mistake. That defence is just not good enough and I does feel sorry for Hoyt because he just not ready for these big games. Adebayor too good striker scores big goals but misses the chances that could kill teams off.  Walcott is the real deal and need to get more playing time. He have pace and skill but most of all knows how to play a final ball and has awareness of the players around him unlike the next one at Tottenham.

People also don't joke when they say that Arsenal want to walk the bal into the net. Bentdner get a ball on the penalty spot and pass it forward to nobody.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2008, 11:20:45 AM »
Good football Arsenal....keep in mind though all that matters is the result. Check Man U.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2008, 11:45:09 AM »
see alyuh in august.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2008, 12:16:40 PM »
at least we put up a dammned good fight, coulda had it 3-0 or 3-1 by half time

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2008, 12:18:44 PM »
STUNNEDGUNNER..TOUCHES and Company

Watch allyuh daddy

f**king Shithongs...Piss Off!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2008, 12:26:25 PM »
f**k you you c**t you were shitting it big time the first half ,and yuh big shithounds in the back nearly added to the goals for arsenal , so doh act all high and mighty be humble in your achievements and you might win more admirerers yuh c**t

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2008, 12:27:14 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: oh gaum Wazza :rotfl:
;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2008, 12:31:13 PM »
gunner, alyuh fackin lorse doh butter it up, shithounds  :devil:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 12:34:16 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2008, 01:00:26 PM »
f**k you you c**t you were shitting it big time the first half ,and yuh big shithounds in the back nearly added to the goals for arsenal , so doh act all high and mighty be humble in your achievements and you might win more admirerers yuh c**t

lol ya sounding like me back in the day

FT 2-1
 ;D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2008, 01:46:24 PM »
What's amazing is Man U did not even play to their full potential and still won the game

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2008, 01:56:23 PM »
What's amazing is Man U did not even play to their full potential and still won the game
sign of a good team
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2008, 03:10:09 PM »
Arright, arright, Die.Hard, Small Mag & Co. allyuh was good aa well as lucky today, and ah cyah say that any of the poor refereeing decisions had any effect on the result. Ass-'n-all, once again, played a great game and could have more than easily secured 3 points to help out dey fellow London-based Chelsea but in the end, proved to be their own worst enemy.
  I doh know WHY these men 'fraid to shoot so! Thefew times they do, is because shooting is the obvious option, is a log-range desperate effort and about 3 or 4 defenders closing down on the shooter to block it anyway. Dem men does be WIDE OPEN on the corner of the six-yard box and lookin' to pretty-pass instead of forcing vDS to make a save and/or give up a rebound. Adebayor miss that sitter because he so telegraphed what he was going to do that vDS read him and made a save that was easier for him than it looked. All Adebayor had to do was fake las' post and round vDS and......WALK EEN de damned goal wit de ball (like dey does be tryin' to do all de time!).
  Eboue might be a decent defender, according to some, but every TIME he make a run up front, de man will dribble past 2-3 defenders, end up in a nice space in de 18........den make the most IDIOTIC pass to destroy the whole play. Wenger is really a IMPS to be relying so heavily on HIS "attacking prowess".............and keepin' T Walcott on de bench so long. I cyah figure dat one out.
   As much as ah give rooney credit for maturing as a player, he shows me, time and again that he has no skill (trying to take on defenders) and his game really is best for when manboo is in counter attack mode. He and cronaldo didn't hve no setta impact on this game. Even though I have my doubts about if Gallas intended to handle dat ball, it was a legit call by the ref, and fellas, the reason the penalty had to taken over was because JS Park had encroahed the box. Even though an Ass-'n-all player did as well, the fact that cronaldo scored as JSP encroached, he HAD to recall it. If cronaldo would missed, the ref woulda recalled it for the encroachment on the defender's part.
 one las' ting: Ass-'n-all eh learn against liverpool about puttin' short man (fabregas) on de post?!?! so why dey come today and put a setta hobbit in de wall?!? Dat free-kick was WICKED, but it had "goal" written on it from de time i see how it was set-up.
Season done!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2008, 04:30:32 PM »
Alright, I am not one to hide. Let me say congrats Man U (choke!) on a game well played. Just make sure allyuh win dat title ahead of Chelski!

Wenger NEED to spend big this summer and offload some ah dat dead weight on de team. Yes they could play good, but we need players who are great. ESPECIALLY in defense, he need to bring in some MEN, some big name defenders. The attacking line up good, just unfortunate with injuries. Would be nice to have a big name talisman again, a la Henry. But better to have five men who could score than one man who could score and the others just tapping in a goal once in a while. Men like Senderos, Hoyte, Bendter, Eboue, dem men not supposed to be playing in any of the Big 4 sides. Lower half of the EPL table, sure.

Oh well, on to next season.  :-[
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2008, 04:44:36 PM »
Alright, I am not one to hide. Let me say congrats Man U (choke!) on a game well played. Just make sure allyuh win dat title ahead of Chelski!

Wenger NEED to spend big this summer and offload some ah dat dead weight on de team. Yes they could play good, but we need players who are great. ESPECIALLY in defense, he need to bring in some MEN, some big name defenders. The attacking line up good, just unfortunate with injuries. Would be nice to have a big name talisman again, a la Henry. But better to have five men who could score than one man who could score and the others just tapping in a goal once in a while. Men like Senderos, Hoyte, Bendter, Eboue, dem men not supposed to be playing in any of the Big 4 sides. Lower half of the EPL table, sure.

nah rtg, ah find yuh harsh..

Yuh side just need to add a few brand name players to bolster the squad in some positions where they are short of cover.. Is lack of depth that mash them in.

I would agree with running Senderos and Bendtner but Eboue just needs to go back to right back and compete with Sagna. Hoyte could stay as a squad player for Carling Cup and FA cup early rounds..

Also, wouldn't hurt to find a first team coach that will give men plenty laps for not shooting de government ball..

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2008, 08:01:28 PM »
fellas the style of penalty taking is a non issue.

Ronaldo doing that for years and he is not the only one.

true dat. you can stutter step on penalties. it was outlawed at one time but then reinstated (no too sure about the history). But it is a fact that you can definitely fake a keeper out with a stutter..it's well within the laws of FIFA. I pointed this out in an old discussion..it was in a FIFA QA document about the laws of the game on their official site. CR's pk was retaken cuz a United player encroached the box. There were Arsenal players too, but you do not recall a pk that scores when the opposition encroaches, only when your teammates do.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2008, 09:14:59 PM »
fellas the style of penalty taking is a non issue.

Ronaldo doing that for years and he is not the only one.

true dat. you can stutter step on penalties. it was outlawed at one time but then reinstated (no too sure about the history). But it is a fact that you can definitely fake a keeper out with a stutter..it's well within the laws of FIFA. I pointed this out in an old discussion..it was in a FIFA QA document about the laws of the game on their official site. CR's pk was retaken cuz a United player encroached the box. There were Arsenal players too, but you do not recall a pk that scores when the opposition encroaches, only when your teammates do.
there are four scenarios where penalty kicks are retaken as pre the rule sof the game, lehman got bokked but i am not sure if it was for stepping off his line due to cr STOP step

ppl there is a difference between a stutter and a stop BUT the ball isn't in play until the attacking teams kicker touches the ball

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2008, 06:16:25 AM »
What's up with the wall not jumping?

I think they were expecting Hargreaves to dummy and Ronaldo to take the shot.

They need more depth. But they don't need big name players. Sagna and Eduardo were not big name players and they were quality signings. I say if your options are Senderos or a big name, go for the big name. But if you can recruit another Sagna and not pay inflated prices, why not? Then maybe we could sign 2 players at $5mil a piece instead of 1 player at $15mil.

Eboue was a quality right back LAST SEASON and performed consistently well. So I wouldn't put him in the same category as Hoyte, Senderos and Bendtner. Just don't think he adapted to the change in position very well.

And Bendtner has potential. I wouldn't get rid of him. He's not there yet but he has youth on his side. Without injuries he is actually the 4th choice striker after Adebayor, vPersie and Eduardo. And he isn't bad as a 4th choice.

I think Arsenal needs natural wingers as much as they need a central defender. The team plays with a lot of width but doesn't have real wingers to maximize the danger they can cause from those positions. Rosicky is the only play who looks comfortable on the wing. All the other players used on the wing this season weren't really comfortable there. Not even Walcott - he had a few flashes of brilliance but he really wasn't on top of his game for most of the season. Even he states that he is more comfortable as a forward.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 06:20:57 AM by dwn »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2008, 06:22:12 AM »
Plus all yuh wingers does do all sorta fancy pass and foot work... cut in and loose de ball.... namely Hleb was guilty of that... and for some reason all yuh love to pass but fraid to shoot!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2008, 06:23:31 AM »

nah rtg, ah find yuh harsh..

Yuh side just need to add a few brand name players to bolster the squad in some positions where they are short of cover.. Is lack of depth that mash them in.

I would agree with running Senderos and Bendtner but Eboue just needs to go back to right back and compete with Sagna. Hoyte could stay as a squad player for Carling Cup and FA cup early rounds..

Also, wouldn't hurt to find a first team coach that will give men plenty laps for not shooting de government ball..

Like Hoyte because he's a supporter of the club but he has to go and Senderos . Allow Bendtner, don't get rid of them.

I agree with the rest (don't really have to be ''brand names'' just solid players you can rely on)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2008, 06:24:15 AM »
What's up with the wall not jumping?

I think they were expecting Hargreaves to dummy and Ronaldo to take the shot.

They need more depth. But they don't need big name players. Sagna and Eduardo were not big name players and they were quality signings. I say if your options are Senderos or a big name, go for the big name. But if you can recruit another Sagna and not pay inflated prices, why not? Then maybe we could sign 2 players at $5mil a piece instead of 1 player at $15mil.

Eboue was a quality right back LAST SEASON and performed consistently well. So I wouldn't put him in the same category as Hoyte, Senderos and Bendtner. Just don't think he adapted to the change in position very well.

And Bendtner has potential. I wouldn't get rid of him. He's not there yet but he has youth on his side. Without injuries he is actually the 4th choice striker after Adebayor, vPersie and Eduardo. And he isn't bad as a 4th choice.

I think Arsenal needs natural wingers as much as they need a central defender. The team plays with a lot of width but doesn't have real wingers to maximize the danger they can cause from those positions. Rosicky is the only play who looks comfortable on the wing. All the other players used on the wing this season weren't really comfortable there. Not even Walcott - he had a few flashes of brilliance but he really wasn't on top of his game for most of the season. Even he states that he is more comfortable as a forward.

Nice Post

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2008, 06:52:57 AM »
COngrats ManU fans,

Job well done

I was disappointed that my team did not put you away early.

Arsenal is lacking a quality proven finisher...had Adebayor taken his chances we could have been 3-0 but so it go.

Also too it has been shown that we lack depth in each department. We need to stop the youngster blooding and buy 3 proven men who can deliver. A fwd, a midfielder who can score and a good center back. I would even throw in another keeper. I not sold on Almunia yet.

But nice game, free flowing and full of action.

I find Rooney does pelt some real wild blade...a man go deal with him soon.

Manu is a side even if they dont create nuttin will still take their chances and also too even if they play bad ( not the case today) will still grind out a win. That is the difference between 1st and 2nd place.

So congrats fellas...it was nice...good luck in your future matches.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2008, 07:07:50 AM »
COngrats ManU fans,

Job well done

I was disappointed that my team did not put you away early.

Arsenal is lacking a quality proven finisher...had Adebayor taken his chances we could have been 3-0 but so it go.

Also too it has been shown that we lack depth in each department. We need to stop the youngster blooding and buy 3 proven men who can deliver. A fwd, a midfielder who can score and a good center back. I would even throw in another keeper. I not sold on Almunia yet.

But nice game, free flowing and full of action.

I find Rooney does pelt some real wild blade...a man go deal with him soon.

Manu is a side even if they dont create nuttin will still take their chances and also too even if they play bad ( not the case today) will still grind out a win. That is the difference between 1st and 2nd place.

So congrats fellas...it was nice...good luck in your future matches.

Can't agree with you more on Adebayor and his scoring  chances in the game (manu was a bit lucky as van Der Saar was very good, too) on Almunia who I find can be very good but needs to be more consistent, and on Rooney. I don't understand HOW he didn't get a yellow duh dat blade he swing.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2008, 07:37:18 AM »
I think Arsenal needs natural wingers as much as they need a central defender. The team plays with a lot of width but doesn't have real wingers to maximize the danger they can cause from those positions. Rosicky is the only play who looks comfortable on the wing. All the other players used on the wing this season weren't really comfortable there.

I agree with you here but I think that is Wenger’s style. I happen to like teams that play with natural wingers. I believe that a cross ball from the touchline is one of the hardest plays to defend.

But Wenger has never really gone for out and out wingers. Other than Overmars in all the “wingers” he buys are skill players who can play outside but not noted for trying to take on players and get crosses in like (for example) Giggs, Ronaldo, Kanchelskis etc).

Pires, Ljungberg, Reyes and even Rosicky, who I believe plays centrally for the Czech Republic really don’t stretch teams by mashing line. To a man, they all come in to make space for the fullbacks (Cole, Clichy, Lauren, Eboue) to do the crossing.

To be honest it is not just Wenger very few teams try to play two out and out wingers these days. Most times they just play a really talented midfielder who will invariable move all over the place.

Another thing that Ferguson does better is rotate his players. Fabregas just tired but he has no backup because the youths that everybody was raving about last year not ready yet. Of course if Wenger does not play them they will never be ready, so it is a catch-22. People does laugh when Ferguson put players like Fletcher and Park to play big games. Neither of these players would get into Arsenal or Chelsea teams but Ferguson plays them and if United lose so be it, but at least the guys develop and could pull their weight when they get played now.

I agree though that people going overboard. The defence looks bad and could do with one player and a striker would help now but that is only because Eduardo and RVP have been injured. But no one could really have predicted that (maybe RVP). Manchester United start the season with a similar strike force. One old - Rooney (Adebayor), one new – Tevez (Eduardo), and one always injured – Saha (RVP).

The difference is that United has a winger who could play off a single striker while Arsenal trying to do it with Hleb, which is just not his game because he is not a finisher.

For all the talk about Arsenal this and Arsene that a little confidence and better luck and Arsenal still in the hunt.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2008, 09:42:40 AM »
I think Arsenal needs natural wingers as much as they need a central defender. The team plays with a lot of width but doesn't have real wingers to maximize the danger they can cause from those positions. Rosicky is the only play who looks comfortable on the wing. All the other players used on the wing this season weren't really comfortable there.

I agree with you here but I think that is Wenger’s style. I happen to like teams that play with natural wingers. I believe that a cross ball from the touchline is one of the hardest plays to defend.

But Wenger has never really gone for out and out wingers. Other than Overmars in all the “wingers” he buys are skill players who can play outside but not noted for trying to take on players and get crosses in like (for example) Giggs, Ronaldo, Kanchelskis etc).

Pires, Ljungberg, Reyes and even Rosicky, who I believe plays centrally for the Czech Republic really don’t stretch teams by mashing line. To a man, they all come in to make space for the fullbacks (Cole, Clichy, Lauren, Eboue) to do the crossing.

To be honest it is not just Wenger very few teams try to play two out and out wingers these days. Most times they just play a really talented midfielder who will invariable move all over the place.

Another thing that Ferguson does better is rotate his players. Fabregas just tired but he has no backup because the youths that everybody was raving about last year not ready yet. Of course if Wenger does not play them they will never be ready, so it is a catch-22. People does laugh when Ferguson put players like Fletcher and Park to play big games. Neither of these players would get into Arsenal or Chelsea teams but Ferguson plays them and if United lose so be it, but at least the guys develop and could pull their weight when they get played now.

I agree though that people going overboard. The defence looks bad and could do with one player and a striker would help now but that is only because Eduardo and RVP have been injured. But no one could really have predicted that (maybe RVP). Manchester United start the season with a similar strike force. One old - Rooney (Adebayor), one new – Tevez (Eduardo), and one always injured – Saha (RVP).

The difference is that United has a winger who could play off a single striker while Arsenal trying to do it with Hleb, which is just not his game because he is not a finisher.

For all the talk about Arsenal this and Arsene that a little confidence and better luck and Arsenal still in the hunt.

nice post  :beermug:

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2008, 10:06:57 AM »

I hear you. Maybe it is a style of play thing. But it's as though you were more likely to see Pires and Ljungberg making bursting runs from wide positions into space behind the defence. More than you would see from Arsenal wide players now.

When I think about it, Eboue hasn't been bad in terms of getting into dangerous areas, his execution in the final third is just lacking.   

With respect to rotating players and Fabregas being tired - Arsenal started the season with Flamini, Gilberto, Denilson, Diaby, Diarra as other central midfielders. And I wouldn't really say that any of these players "aren't ready". Or any less ready than Fletcher. Diarra's exit and the timing of injuries played a major part in Fabregas not being rested for lesser games.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 10:19:27 AM by dwn »

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
SOS!!! HAs anyone seen or heard
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2008, 12:57:11 PM »
from Palos or Touches?  Easy fellas ... y'all tried.  Here is the consolation for you ... if the Empire couldn't win, we'd have wanted Arsenal to win instead ... but .. then "If not Manu, then who?"

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: SOS!!! HAs anyone seen or heard
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2008, 01:01:58 PM »
Congrats man.  Yuh team ride dey luck well.  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>