April 23, 2024, 01:53:00 PM

Author Topic: Scotland - I’ll score at higher level.  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scotland - I’ll score at higher level.
« on: April 20, 2008, 06:52:17 AM »
I’ll score at higher level – Scotland.
By: Steve Tucker (Wales On Sunday)

Swansea City super striker Jason Scotland is convinced he can keep his heroics in front of goal going in the Championship next season. The 29-year-old frontman has enjoyed a fantastic debut season for the Swans, scoring a glut of goals which have helped his side clinch promotion.

For now Scotland is setting himself no targets for next season, accepting his reputation may well go before him in the second tier, but he is quietly confident he can continue to find the net.

“It will be a big step up to the Championship, a challenge for me,” said Scotland.
“Players move from League One to the Championship and never make it. Hopefully that will not happen to me. I am sure Championship clubs will know about me because of how I have done this season.

“I’m not worried though. It is just football. You can’t go into it thinking you are not going to do well. You must relax and be happy about yourself.
“I am not setting myself a scoring target and then not make it. I have scored a lot this year and now in the Championship I have to believe I can continue with that.

“Whether I can get so many, who knows, but I will be feeling confident and will try to take things as they come.”

And modest Scotland is keen not to take all the credit for his superb strike rate giving much of the credit to his team-mates who he rates as the best he has ever played with.

“I think very much it has to be down to the team I have playing behind me,” said Scotland.

“I have to give credit to them for the service. To be fair, since I have been over here I don’t think I have ever played in a side where I have had so much quality behind me.

“It is not just about me scoring the goals. I am not out there on my own. It is about the team.”

And, after arriving at the Liberty Stadium from St Johnstone nearly a year ago, Scotland admits he has enjoyed a dream start in the English leagues.

“I don’t think this season could have gone any better for me,” added Scotland.
“Promotion for the side, I have some goals and we have been playing well. I am just very happy. It is dream come true stuff really.

“I did not expect it when I came here. I was thinking about myself really. Getting into the squad, then into the side and getting a game.

“It was my first season in English football so I was not too sure what I expected.
“It feels it has been a long season, a hard season.

“We have had to go to places and battle, but at the end of the road things turned out right for us with promotion.”
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 06:40:38 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland - I’ll score at higher level
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 12:25:50 PM »
We lookin forward 2 dat
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland - I’ll score at higher level
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 05:49:43 AM »
His teams form towards the end of the season has not been good but say what, they still won the league due to the work they put in earlier in the season.

I wish him luck in the championship!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>