April 29, 2024, 04:51:44 AM

Author Topic: We MUST beat Costa Rica!  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
We MUST beat Costa Rica!
« on: September 03, 2005, 09:25:35 PM »
Ok you guys might think that I am a little crazy, but if you were to do the tabulation with the goal differences you would see that T&T must win against Costa Rica. We have to keep in mind that Gutemala could beat the US & Mexico. After all Mexico and Gutemala are neighbours. A neighbour could do a favor for his Neighbour. What do you guys thik. We must  beat Gutemala.

Or, and before I forget, thanks to the Fire band and the crew today. It was really nice. I had a lot of fun.

Trinimac

jusme

Re: We MUST beat Costa Rica!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 09:33:14 PM »
if I'm not mistaken, they not using goal difference as the tie-breaker.  They using head to head results to separate teams that tied on points.

so a tie with costa rica where we score goals would give us the tiebreaker over them.  Of course that wouldn't help us make up the 3 pt deficit.  A win at costa rica gives us the tiebreaker and closes the gap at the same time.

we can't beat guatemala in the tie breaker, however Guatemala has probably the hardest remaining schedule (US, Mexico, CR) and we are currently level on points.

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 09:35:52 PM »
Yeah, what you are saying is true. However, Gutemala could beat the US & Mexico for lack of interest. US has already decided to send there second team. I saw it on us soccer net.

jusme

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 09:42:32 PM »
I am afraid of that myself.  I am hoping that the americans who get to sweat realise that they competing to see who will be watching the world cup from the bench and who will be watching on tv.  that might prove to be some incentive.

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 09:47:31 PM »
You have point. Hopefully that is what happens. I think that we can win our last three games. But let's see what happens.

1]; } ?>