April 29, 2024, 05:05:54 AM

Author Topic: Manchester Utd vs Barcelona CL SEMIFINAL Leg 1  (Read 23420 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester Utd vs Barcelona CL SEMIFINAL Leg 1
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2008, 09:59:26 PM »
CR7 was the best player on the pitch
FACT
 :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2008, 10:16:44 PM »
manboo is always a threat to score (or win a penalty, whether it be a good call or a cronaldo dive) especially at home so Barca will need to come out attacking and score early. to place the pressure squarely on them............meh fingers cross! A man suggested (on anudder tread) dat abramogrant go "park de bus in front de goal" at Stamford Bridge, but, after watchin' manboo today........tink he go get de keys from fergie in time?      :devil: :devil:

Park de bus is joke. Drogba go be playing defensive midfield
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2008, 11:12:44 PM »

CHRISTIANO TALKING A PACK OF SHIT SAYING MANCHESTER CREATE MORE CHANCES THAT BARCELONA. HE OBVIOUSLY IS VERY MISTAKEN ANYBODY WHO SEE THE GAME WILL AGREE THAT BARCELONA HAD MORE CHANCES. JUST LOOK AT THE STATS BARCELONA 20 SHOTS TO MANCHESTER 6 SHOTS. 73% posession I mean the stats speak for themselves. I think Barcelona will feel disappointed that they did not put Manchester away. Somebody stated on this board that when a team rushes Manchester and takes the game to them it does throw them off their game plan and is true. ROONEY, TEVEZ, RONALDO NON EXISTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT FOR THE SECOND LEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2008, 03:44:53 AM »
i am claret and blue but ronaldo owe mi ah better performance next leg man. like d man does really hiide in big gaames.

ronaldo's response 2 if he think they should have had a 2ndpenalty confusing mi. ah go jus say he get tizic when he hear the interviewer talk about penalty cause his rresponse was kinna basic

Nah he get bundled over on de right edge of the box in the 2nd half.  Seamus Malin was all over him for his 'antics' but about 4-5 mins later they showed the replay and either Abidal or Yaya Toure tripped him up...it was just inside the box and very much a missed call. 

"well i am not sure but i THINK he touched me"  that was ronaldo's response when questioned about his shout 4 a second penalty. that statement just sounds clueless to me.

And yes Abidal played well, the whole Barca defence did actually  but Abidal was on a woeful run of form which was why i thought he wouldnt be included in the starting line up. he is a high penalty risk in my eyes cause he makes some rash decisions at times. but he has d pace to cope with whatever manu throws down on that flank
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2008, 03:47:37 AM »
I divided on this one.

The way ManUre play you woulda swear CR7 had score the penalty in the first minute. Ferguson was clearly playing for the 0-0, I never see men with so much attacking talent devote time to defending so. But they did a very good job of it. Barca look like they could play whole night and never get the ball in. Van de Sar make some good saves, but is not saves like Cech day before where you not sure another keeper would have kept it out.

The only thing is I kept saying that with the amount of fouls Scholes was making around the box (I can't understand how anybody could say he had a good game) somebody woulda score off a free kick in the second half, but nobody (except Xavi once) try to make anything out of it.

And the strange thing is that after all the old talk, ManUre with it 30% possession or whatever it was had the most dangerous opportunities...the penalty that CR7 miss and the one he shoulda get from Abidal wildness in the box (ah believe he was also the last defender on the play)

I'm going to root for Barca in the second leg because a team with ManURe potential should never be playing 11 men in they own half like that, no matter who the opposition is, but I not holding mih breath on it. It hard to believe but I think SAF was saving up for the Chelsea game as well. After this and the Roma games I realise that ManUre is the anti-Arsenal. They know how to obtain their desired result without looking pretty and how to apply minimum service when necessary. And they also know how to turn it on when needed.

Unless Chelsea shake their confidence on the weekend I expect them to go through

*goat mouth applied*
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2008, 04:19:33 AM »
Eto could have had a penalty in the second half if he had gone down on a ManU challenge but he didn't.

Anyway...Manu play with 10 men in defence...lol...Barca will mash them up in Old Trafford cos ManU will be forced to be more attacking and make themselves vulnerable.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2008, 04:27:20 AM »
yeah i banking on manu  throwing d kitchen sink but i think fergie ah bit too wise 4 that. doesnt make 2 much sense to go into a slug fest with iron mike
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2008, 04:43:09 AM »
yeah i banking on manu  throwing d kitchen sink but i think fergie ah bit too wise 4 that. doesnt make 2 much sense to go into a slug fest with iron mike

True, but I think ManU would be under more pressure to score so theyll attack more, Barca'll ht them on the counter, away-goal, more pressure for ManU.

Ah mean, a 0-0 draw is a decent result if you just look at that alone, but the way Barca dominated them completely...dise problems.

www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2008, 04:49:41 AM »
Player ratings from goal.com

Barcelona

Valdés - 6: Untested and looked relatively calm.

Zambrotta - 7.5: A solid outing and dealt with everything superbly. Also went up the right in good support, and had a couple of good attempts from long range. One of his better displays in a Barcelona shirt.

Márquez - 7: A strong presence in defence, but lucky to get away with a foul on Ronaldo in the area. Kept the vigil and allowed little past him otherwise.

Milito - 6.5: A shakier presence in defence, but a touch unfortunate to concede the early penalty. Thankfully for him, it was put wide by Ronaldo. Like his defensive partner, did much of nothing for most of the game.

Abidal - 7.5: Looked fairly strong up and down his flank, very athletic and a good outlet.

Xavi - 7: Rarely gave the ball away, kept things ticking in midfield, but didn't bring his expansive game to the table and could not produce a decisive final ball.

Yaya Touré - 8.5: Dominant. Won the ball consistently in midfield and distributed well. Also made some good forward runs.

Deco - 7: Surprisingly energetic for someone who has missed nine games. Bossed Paul Scholes with great workrate we have not seen from the Portuguese in a long time. His passing was not quite as incisive as Barça would have hoped, though, and he tired in the second half.

Messi - 8: The outstanding player in the first half. Every time he got on the ball he looked to charge straight through United's defenses and, more often than not, he did a good job of it. Lit up an already exciting encounter and all he lacked was end product.

Eto'o - 5.5: Was well marked by Rio Ferdinand for most of the game, wasn't sharp enough with the few chances that came his way. Improved in the second half, but should have done better and scored at least one goal.

Iniesta - 6: Full of energy. Uninvolved in the first half, but in the second he showed off his touch and dribbling from time to time. Lacking an end product - the story of Barcelona's evening. A poor pass almost gifted United a goal.

Substitutes

Bojan - 6: Did not get in the game as much as he would have liked. Unable to put any mazy runs together.

Henry - 6.5: Lashed a shot at Van der Sar soon after coming on and struck a decent free-kick, but had little time to do anything else.

Manchester United

Van der Sar - 5.5: Largely untested, but some stray kicks put his defence under undue pressure. In the second half he made a few good stops and will be happy with the clean sheet.

Hargreaves - 7.5: Looked competent in an unfavoured position at right-back. Is good defensively and a hard worker, but was missed in midfield.

Ferdinand - 8: Strong in defence and never looked like being beaten. Matched Samuel Eto'o very well and almost kept United in the game single-handledly times. Almost conceded a penalty in the second period, but his rating does not suffer too much, as was covering for a mistake by defensive partner Wes Brown.

Brown - 5: Started a little slow, but grew in confidence and was solid on the cover for most of the first half. Lucky his error didn't ultimately cost his side a penalty in the second half.

Evra - 7.5: A bundle of energy and was a little erratic to start with, but kept the ball better from then on. A good outlet on the left and strong defensively when left one-on-one with whoever was put infront of him.

Carrick - 6: Bypassed quite frequently, but fairly strong in the challenge on occasion. Made a great saving tackle at the beginning of the second half and had a better end to the game.

Scholes - 4: Despite glowing praise from his manager, it appeared to be a somewhat humiliating outing for the veteran. Deco has not played in several weeks, having been out with an injury, and in recent times, has not been known as the most industrious player. With that considered, the Portuguese bossed Scholes from minute one. Only after the Barca man's substitution did he have any impact at all. Won a few balls, but lost a lot more.

Park - 4: Energetic but ultimately of little use going forward. Could perhaps have been deployed in a defensive capacity to make up for Scholes' deficiencies in midfield, but he wasn't. Fairly useless from an attacking perspective. Worked tirelessly, but always second best in midfield.

Tévez - 5: Made some sloppy challenges when dropping deep and again, was not able to impose himself in an offensive capacity due to a strange choice of formation. Ineffective.

Ronaldo - 5: Won a free-kick, won a corner, won a penalty and missed the penalty - all within the first two minutes! Cristiano Ronaldo in a nutshell. Looked lively and his movement kept Barcelona busy, but ultimately, he missed the only clear-cut opportunity of the whole game, for either side. Could have had another penalty later in the first half, but the referee probably felt he was evening things out by denying the Devils on that occasion.

Rooney - 4: Curiously played on the right and as good as anonymous for most of the game. Shadowed well by Abidal and just not able to get in the game at all.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=670462
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2008, 07:00:50 AM »
manboo is always a threat to score (or win a penalty, whether it be a good call or a cronaldo dive) especially at home so Barca will need to come out attacking and score early. to place the pressure squarely on them............meh fingers cross! A man suggested (on anudder tread) dat abramogrant go "park de bus in front de goal" at Stamford Bridge, but, after watchin' manboo today........tink he go get de keys from fergie in time?      :devil: :devil:

Nah, bredda, doh try dat! Yuh know "DDQ" does drop back and defend on a regular so dat eh go be nutting new. But he eh go be no defensive mid, either! He go be right up front battlin' it out wit Jaime "No Nonsense-The Bruiser" Carragher.
Watch yuh mout!     ;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2008, 02:29:36 PM »
All the camp,
is a clam,
we are the blue and red people,
doesn’t matter where we come from,
from the south, from the north,
just like that, we all agree, we all agree,
a flag makes us brothers (or sisters),
Blue and claret in the wind,
a Valiant cry!
We have a name!
The whole world knows!
Barça!, Barça !, Baaaarça !!!!

Players
Sociopaths,
All united we have POWER,
There are lots of years full of sacrifice,
There are lots of goals we were screaming about,
and we have demonstrated, we have demonstrated,
and No-one Never will ever silence us,
a Valiant cry!
We have a name!
The whole world knows!
Barça!, Barça !, Baaaarça !!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2008, 04:09:40 PM »
cyah hate on manU. last year they went bold into Milan and get part like the Red Sea. At this stage, CL is about getting the business done and this was a distinct improvement over ManU's last semifinal away from home. you think they have anybody to study when it comes to style and bravery points. plus, Barca sounds like they played well. Perhaps ManU was at times forced to defend more than initially planned, Plus..it's only half time. Tables might be reversed at Old Trafford and allyuh might have to eat your words. I eh know what is all this talk about big teams supposed to play ball no matter what. From where I sit, very few big teams subscribe to dat....not the world champions Italy. Not even Brazil. maybe Argentina. maybe Barca under Rijkaard. maybe Arsenal under Wenger (altho when they won the FA Cup on penalties against ManU a few years ago they parked the bus in front of goal and I could swear Wenger and all was on the field defending). When we reach the business end of the season..big teams only know one thing..how to get results. If ManU had play Barca in the group stage, at Camp Nou it woulda be a nice flowing attacking game. These days I think it naive to expect that with 270 minutes to glory

Anyway, ah smelling 1-1 draw  in the return, Barca through  :praying:

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »
cyah hate on manU. last year they went bold into Milan and get part like the Red Sea. At this stage, CL is about getting the business done and this was a distinct improvement over ManU's last semifinal away from home. you think they have anybody to study when it comes to style and bravery points. plus, Barca sounds like they played well. Perhaps ManU was at times forced to defend more than initially planned, Plus..it's only half time. Tables might be reversed at Old Trafford and allyuh might have to eat your words. I eh know what is all this talk about big teams supposed to play ball no matter what. From where I sit, very few big teams subscribe to dat....not the world champions Italy. Not even Brazil. maybe Argentina. maybe Barca under Rijkaard. maybe Arsenal under Wenger (altho when they won the FA Cup on penalties against ManU a few years ago they parked the bus in front of goal and I could swear Wenger and all was on the field defending). When we reach the business end of the season..big teams only know one thing..how to get results. If ManU had play Barca in the group stage, at Camp Nou it woulda be a nice flowing attacking game. These days I think it naive to expect that with 270 minutes to glory

All dat n yuh'n watch de match?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2008, 05:49:01 PM »

Filho you take the words right out my mouth. Couldn't agree with your assessment more.

1. Is a two legged tie. If United comes out and rips Barca to shreds in the 2nd leg you can't really fault them for choosing to play a more conservative first leg. They would be worthy winners.

2. Year after year United has been among the top scorers in Europe, and now suddenly people trying to make them out to be the 2004 Greece team.

3. Every year United has faltered by losing the first leg of their tie, whether it is giving up away goals like last year, or losing the first leg out right. Feguson clearly decided that they mus not lose at all costs. As fans we would love to see them play each game like is a sweat but Ferguson actually has a responsibility to try and win the tie.

4. I glad that you notice that Barca is a damn good side. United was clearly prepared to condede space but didn't expect that Barca would be so stingy in possession. In the end they played a lot more defensively than planned, but a lot of that has to do with Barcelona.

5. United are not the only ones to play this way. Liverpool, Chelsea, Every Italian team and even the beautiful glorious Arsenal and mighty Brazil do it when they feel like it. Especially funny to have Chelsea fans griping on here when United outscores Chelsea with regularity at home and in Europe.

6. Ultimately Ferguson is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I would have prefered to have a lead with an away goal or two and play that kind of game at home. Barcelona has the advantage because any goals will have United on the backfoot. Even with a 1 goal lead United will be in danger. The onus is really on Nited to strike early and effectively and geta 2 goal lead. If they do it great, if they don't they out once again.

At least this time they try something different. United played the same game in Rome, although they were not as wary of Roma as Barca and Roma make the mistakes they wanted. It worked and they won the tie. Hopefully it will work again.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2008, 06:12:25 PM »

Filho you take the words right out my mouth. Couldn't agree with your assessment more.

1. Is a two legged tie. If United comes out and rips Barca to shreds in the 2nd leg you can't really fault them for choosing to play a more conservative first leg. They would be worthy winners.

2. Year after year United has been among the top scorers in Europe, and now suddenly people trying to make them out to be the 2004 Greece team.

3. Every year United has faltered by losing the first leg of their tie, whether it is giving up away goals like last year, or losing the first leg out right. Feguson clearly decided that they mus not lose at all costs. As fans we would love to see them play each game like is a sweat but Ferguson actually has a responsibility to try and win the tie.

4. I glad that you notice that Barca is a damn good side. United was clearly prepared to condede space but didn't expect that Barca would be so stingy in possession. In the end they played a lot more defensively than planned, but a lot of that has to do with Barcelona.

5. United are not the only ones to play this way. Liverpool, Chelsea, Every Italian team and even the beautiful glorious Arsenal and mighty Brazil do it when they feel like it. Especially funny to have Chelsea fans griping on here when United outscores Chelsea with regularity at home and in Europe.

6. Ultimately Ferguson is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I would have prefered to have a lead with an away goal or two and play that kind of game at home. Barcelona has the advantage because any goals will have United on the backfoot. Even with a 1 goal lead United will be in danger. The onus is really on Nited to strike early and effectively and geta 2 goal lead. If they do it great, if they don't they out once again.

At least this time they try something different. United played the same game in Rome, although they were not as wary of Roma as Barca and Roma make the mistakes they wanted. It worked and they won the tie. Hopefully it will work again.

No one is doubting the merit or rationale behind tactics & strategy, at the expense of attractive football...No one is saying that big teams don't play like that when they see fit.... All people are saying is that big teams are not expected to play like that....No matter how many times over and over Brazil, or Arsenal or Italy comes out cagy and overly tactical, so long as it compromises the entertainment factor, they will get criticized (and maybe even booed by their own fans) for not playing the type of football that people want to see. I'm pretty sure that everyone understands exactly why Man U played the way they did....Heck with a little more luck, they coulda even won the game.....doesn't meant that it was enjoyable or worthy of praise from people who tuned in to watch an entertaining match....

Football is a business, and the bottom line is results, but it's a spectator sport and a form of entertainment too....so the fans will have their say.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 06:17:46 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »
No one is doubting the merit or rationale behind tactics & strategy, at the expense of attractive football...No one is saying that big teams don't play like that when they see fit.... All people are saying is that big teams are not expected to play like that....No matter how many times over and over Brazil, or Arsenal or Italy comes out cagy and overly tactical, so long as it compromises the entertainment factor, they will get criticized (and maybe even booed by their own fans) for not playing the type of football that people want to see. I'm pretty sure that everyone understands exactly why Man U played the way they did....Heck with a little more luck, they coulda even won the game.....doesn't meant that it was enjoyable or worthy of praise from people who tuned in to watch an entertaining match....

Football is a business, and the bottom line is results, but it's a spectator sport and a form of entertainment too....so the fans will have their say.

Kicker correct mih if ah wrong...but ah think yuh really saying that IF you are indeed a big team yuh shouldn't have to play like that b/c 'big' team doh play coward football. 

Now my use of 'coward' might be a bit strong but that aside...if that is what you're saying then I with you.  There's a difference between playing it smart and playing it safe.  Playing it safe is more akin to playing so that yuh doh lose de game.  That's not something one would readily associate with a 'big team' mentality.  Big team should be boldface enough to want to crush every opponent, and confident enought to try.  That's not to say that they should be foolhardy, I'm sure we'll all agree...but ManU pull ah TnT v. Sweden dey yesterday and relatively speaking big team like ManU should never be pulling ah TnT.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2008, 06:54:11 PM »

All dat n yuh'n watch de match?

u hadda be on kix

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2008, 07:33:23 PM »

Kicker correct mih if ah wrong...but ah think yuh really saying that IF you are indeed a big team yuh shouldn't have to play like that b/c 'big' team doh play coward football. 

Now my use of 'coward' might be a bit strong but that aside...if that is what you're saying then I with you.  There's a difference between playing it smart and playing it safe.  Playing it safe is more akin to playing so that yuh doh lose de game.  That's not something one would readily associate with a 'big team' mentality.  Big team should be boldface enough to want to crush every opponent, and confident enought to try.  That's not to say that they should be foolhardy, I'm sure we'll all agree...but ManU pull ah TnT v. Sweden dey yesterday and relatively speaking big team like ManU should never be pulling ah TnT.

Something to that effect, but more from a (football) fan's point of view....When I tune in to watch a "big side", I want to (and expect to) see "good" football (notice the quotes because it's obvious that good is subjective, but ah think yuh know whatta mean)....Madrid is my side, and I tired see them win games where they didn't really play "well"....no doubt I was happy, but can't deny the disappointment in not being sufficiently entertained or thoroughly satisfied....We all know Man U played a tactical, defensive game... and they executed it to perfection, and we all know they are a quality team...but that game was supposed to be one of the highlights of my week, and I real looked forward tuh it.....and was a bit let down......oh well- all left to play for next week  :beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2008, 08:24:39 PM »

Something to that effect, but more from a (football) fan's point of view....When I tune in to watch a "big side", I want to (and expect to) see "good" football (notice the quotes because it's obvious that good is subjective, but ah think yuh know whatta mean)....Madrid is my side, and I tired see them win games where they didn't really play "well"....no doubt I was happy, but can't deny the disappointment in not being sufficiently entertained or thoroughly satisfied....We all know Man U played a tactical, defensive game... and they executed it to perfection, and we all know they are a quality team...but that game was supposed to be one of the highlights of my week, and I real looked forward tuh it.....and was a bit let down......oh well- all left to play for next week  :beermug:

Kicker, Bakes that's what I am saying. Man United is expeced to paly smart and not go head first into this game. However, they did not give us anything. Even they trademark counter attack did not happen. I really disappointed in the way they actually went about the game. They have to bevery thankful Henry did not start, cause you see the intention he had when he came on. Defending that much and that deep cld have worked against them. Had Barca pull the trigger a few times more, who knows what may have happened.

At the end of the day, they probably get the score they wanted. Can't fault them really. When (hopefully not) they sailing into the finals none of this would matter.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2008, 08:33:16 PM »

I am quite familiar with the tactic..but the execution of the tactic was horrible... yes chelsea, liverpool,arsenal, italy, germany and recently brazil have adopted similar tactics...but none of these teams have been so limp in doing so... ALL of these teams listed were capable of killing the game because they KEEP possession of the ball just as much as they defend..

I even think the greece team that played in euro 2004 was more adventurous thatn man u yesterday...and for damn sure they did not concede 70% possession

what makes it worst is that man u put out a team that promised offensive strength bu offered little to nothing in attack..other than the penalty man u only had one good chance from hargreaves and the other penalty shout ...

now this tactic was employed against a barca side that...
A - has had erratic runof form of late
B- was without their most reliable defender and captain
C- was depending on two men returning from lenghty lay-offs to gudie their attack

yes barca is a dangerous side..but they still weren't up to full strength..if they were..alyuh woulda collect 2 goals easy based on some of the plays made..and freekicks given away by man u in and around the penalty area..

and I AM glad u brought up the fact that Man u played the same way agianst roma..this is why I DOH EVER wanna hear no man u fan telling about chelsea playing boring defensive shit football..
chelsea under mourinho in his first 2 seasons were the stingest defence but also the most prolific team in the premier league...
playing a similar counter attack system chelsea handed out nuff 4-0 drubbings of team..including one to liverpool at andfield...
chelsea went to the nou camp 3 times in the the last 3 years in the UCL....AND SCORED IN ALL 3 GAMES!!!

so jdb..not method i knocking...is execution...all get an D-...yuh get spare the F because the game end goalless and the POTY aka big game goat throw way d penalty..
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 08:34:54 PM by Arazi »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2008, 08:51:55 PM »
I think ManU had one eye on the Chelsea match this weekend too..... Barca , Chelsea & Barca again in the space of 6 days is alotta tough football to play....

Like ah say...reasonable tactics, but unfortunately not easy on the eyes....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2008, 09:23:49 PM »

Ah with yuh now....it really wasn't pretty to watch fuh real from a pure fan's perspective, but I guess in the end the managers aren't really concerned with pretty or entertaining football...unless yuh happen to name Wenger that is, lol

Elan hopefully the return leg will be more entertaining...hopefully we'll have some fireworks from de red sideline up at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday too  :devil:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 09:27:39 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 24, 2008, 09:55:58 PM »

Nah, bredda, doh try dat! Yuh know "DDQ" does drop back and defend on a regular so dat eh go be nutting new. But he eh go be no defensive mid, either! He go be right up front battlin' it out wit Jaime "No Nonsense-The Bruiser" Carragher.
Watch yuh mout!     ;D

gey dem Mango gey dem... Ah forget, we still have autopilot to rely on. Go Avram :praying: :praying:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 24, 2008, 09:59:30 PM »
All the camp,
is a clam,
we are the blue and red people,
doesn’t matter where we come from,
from the south, from the north,
just like that, we all agree, we all agree,
a flag makes us brothers (or sisters),
a Valiant cry!
We have a name!
The whole world knows!
Barça!, Barça !, Baaaarça !!!!

Players
Sociopaths,
All united we have POWER,
There are lots of years full of sacrifice,
There are lots of goals we were screaming about,
and we have demonstrated, we have demonstrated,
and No-one Never will ever silence us,
a Valiant cry!
We have a name!
The whole world knows!
Barça!, Barça !, Baaaarça !!!

Who sing dat? Willie Nelson  :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2008, 03:30:55 AM »

Nah, Filho, doh do dat! Doh bring Brah-zil into dis. Brazil only plays "ugly" when their opponents' tactics prove to be "ugly". For YEARS Brazil had to endure teams employing the defensive tactics like what manboo employed, combined with the coy physical tactics that has steadily become accepted in today's game and the "final" straw (NPI) was what many regard to be the "ugly" game against Italy (arguably the pioneers, or maybe the "perfectors" of modern "ugly" football) in '94. The Brazilians have a legacy and a popularity to protect that they will gladly put on the line to play attractive, beautiful football, as long as their opponents come to "play football", re: their matchups against teams like Argentina (no matter the tournament, be it WCQ's, Confederations' Cup Or that THRASHING friendly at the Emirates not too long ago) England, France, Turkey, Sweden, Denmark, etc., as opposed other games against the other ugly teams: ITALY!
Truth is, once you come to play Brazil, Brazil coming to play you! plain and simple.

It is fair to consider that manboo have a lot on the line  over a short space of time, having to play my side tomorrow, but that is really no excuse for how they played day before. With all of Barca's problems limping into this semi final matchup, I would have expected a little more than the five minutes of ambition that manboo offered up. Barca was clearly (still) the superior of the two in all facets of the game, and I don't think it was simply because they (manboo) were willing to drop back and absorb pressure. the kinds of passes they were stringing together clearly highlighted the differing styles between and abilities of the two teams and, to me, manboo is not in their league when Barca is at full strength. 

If cronaldo woulda score dat penalty, fergie clearly woulda drop everybody back in their 18 and mighta even keep about six men on de goal line!   IMO,  when you is "Sir Alex Fergeson" and you are trying to REALLY, FINALLY stamp your own legacy on European competition after being given a gift by Bayern Munich, with the so-called best team in Europe and in the world, with the so-called best player in the world and an ailing Barcelona as your opponent before you, then what is there to fear? Put Barca to the sword, do it in style (the style you and your fans claim to have in so much abundance. After all, when AC came-a-knockin' last year, both home and away, they didn't come to play for now "draw")
   and do it convincingly so that your "legacy" can be heralded by all, fans and haters alike.

Otherwise, you're just using "tactics" to win a trophy.                ;) :devil:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2008, 03:41:10 AM »

Watch yuh mout!     ;D

gey dem Mango gey dem... Ah forget, we still have autopilot to rely on. Go Avram :praying: :praying:

Who de hell come up wit dat "autopilot" one boy? Ah mussbe miss dah tread dred.   :rotfl:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2008, 04:58:44 AM »

Truth is, once you come to play Brazil, Brazil coming to play you! plain and simple.

Chow..yuh kow I'm a Brazil fan. I know that about Brazil..but since people picking on ManU for ONE..ONE game and not looking at their entire legacy of how they usually play, i will make my argument that there is the odd occassion where even the might Brazilians look like they just come out to defend..either by design or by being overwhelmed or some combination...Copa America 2004 final against Argentina for example.

btw. If Barca was superior in all facets of the game...the score would not have been 0-0. They seem equal in the facet of finding the back of the net on the day  :'(

C'mon Barca

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2008, 06:16:20 AM »

Ah did forget to modify meh post:

..........unless Carlos Alberto Parreira is dey coach. ;D

Chow..yuh kow I'm a Brazil fan. I know that about Brazil..but since people picking on ManU for ONE..ONE game and not looking at their entire legacy of how they usually play, i will make my argument that there is the odd occassion where even the might Brazilians look like they just come out to defend..either by design or by being overwhelmed or some combination...Copa America 2004 final against Argentina for example.

btw. If Barca was superior in all facets of the game...the score would not have been 0-0. They seem equal in the facet of finding the back of the net on the day  :'(

C'mon Barca

Hear where Chow comin' from eh...... man u, in particular, "saf's man u" has romped, stomped and ruled the roost of domestic football, ah cyah deny dem DAT. However, when it comes to the European stage, their achievements haven't quite matched their "legacy" and I find they still have something to prove, unlike  AC, Real, and even Barca (or Brazil at their respective level) and the mantle of "best team in the world" is not quite a place fuh dem if they gonna come out and play "SAFe" football against a fellow  but wounded footballing giant.  While it is only "ONE" game that they have parked the proverbial bus, in all other attempts for European glory (but for the B.Munich gift) they have consistently fallen short.

If they would have come out and played Barca the way AC came out against them and mash dem up last year, I would give them all the credit in the world. manboo used underdog tactics against a less than efficient Barca and that smells like fear and caution. Too much fear and caution for such a big side with everyting going for them including the yellow card tally.

btw: yuh ketch meh on dat "facets of the game" technicality smartie pants ;D but it eh change nuttin. Barca is still de superior side.......still outplay dem by a mile..........so far. So doh worry. Yuh prearz go get a positive nod.   

btw: dat Brazil side in '04 was mostly a yute side. More like de Olympic team. Argentina play dey senior side and was supposed to walk away wit dat game. watch dat!   ;D         

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2008, 07:44:55 AM »
I think ManU had one eye on the Chelsea match this weekend too..... Barca , Chelsea & Barca again in the space of 6 days is alotta tough football to play....

Like ah say...reasonable tactics, but unfortunately not easy on the eyes....

you finally startin to think  ahead..........Now fergie can go back to his preferred lineups and tactics......watch an see, chelski game will not be played like the Barca game even doh we away again........
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2008, 07:48:48 AM »
i Realize all the bitchin seems to be coming from haters only........
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>