April 29, 2024, 04:18:24 AM

Author Topic: Manchester Utd vs Barcelona CL SEMIFINAL Leg 1  (Read 23417 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Manchester Utd vs Barcelona CL SEMIFINAL Leg 1
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2008, 08:34:04 AM »
and I AM glad u brought up the fact that Man u played the same way agianst roma..this is why I DOH EVER wanna hear no man u fan telling about chelsea playing boring defensive shit football..
chelsea under mourinho in his first 2 seasons were the stingest defence but also the most prolific team in the premier league...
playing a similar counter attack system chelsea handed out nuff 4-0 drubbings of team..including one to liverpool at andfield...
chelsea went to the nou camp 3 times in the the last 3 years in the UCL....AND SCORED IN ALL 3 GAMES!!!

Yuh could still get talk because United still plays more enterprising football than Chelsea week in week out. If you can't come to terms with that that is your business. One highlight year under Mourinho not changing that. You also referencing wins in the EPL when we talking about CL. Why no 4-0 wins against Liverpool in the CL, Chelsea plays them often enough. Could it be that Chelsea approaches CL games differently.

And talking about goals in the Nou Camp is kinda useless when, despite the goals, Chelsea still fails to win there in the knockout stages.

If cronaldo woulda score dat penalty, fergie clearly woulda drop everybody back in their 18 and mighta even keep about six men on de goal line!   IMO,  when you is "Sir Alex Fergeson" and you are trying to REALLY, FINALLY stamp your own legacy on European competition after being given a gift by Bayern Munich, with the so-called best team in Europe and in the world, with the so-called best player in the world and an ailing Barcelona as your opponent before you, then what is there to fear? Put Barca to the sword, do it in style (the style you and your fans claim to have in so much abundance. After all, when AC came-a-knockin' last year, both home and away, they didn't come to play for now "draw")
   and do it convincingly so that your "legacy" can be heralded by all, fans and haters alike.

Otherwise, you're just using "tactics" to win a trophy.                ;) :devil:

There is a lot in here attributed to Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United that has nothing to do with either.

This legacy talk doesn’t come from Ferguson or United. The club and manager are trying to win a two-legged tie, plain and simple. They are not trying to “be heralded by haters”, or to stamp a legacy or to make up for a “gifted title” that, by the way you are harping on it, I guess they didn’t really win. That is all projected by you as some goal or standard that this game should be judged by.

You keep harping on the 1999 CL as a gift when it was a game that they won fair and square. You saying that is was a gift doesn’t detract from the achievement because at the end of the day they scored the most goals in the comp., and beat the biggest teams put in front of them. You make it sound as if the win was undeserved. If showing up and taking advantage of opponents weaknesses is the same as being gifted then Dortmund and Leverkusen were gifted CL final places in 1997 and 2002.

If you really think that they were not worthy winners of the Champions League in 1999 just come out and say so instead of casting aspersions on the result as if they did something untoward.

If they would have come out and played Barca the way AC came out against them and mash dem up last year, I would give them all the credit in the world. manboo used underdog tactics against a less than efficient Barca and that smells like fear and caution. Too much fear and caution for such a big side with everyting going for them including the yellow card tally.

Revisionism. Last year Milan benefited from United's openness and naivety last year. So how come they not getting credit for that. Pleas edon't try to make peope, believe that Milan tries to open up football
games. A more typical Milan performance is the 1-0 bore at United a couple years ago or that great final against Juve in 2003. Seems to me that even the high pedigree side with legacy that you use as an example has taken a "tactical" approach to games when it suits them.

Also I fully expect in a couple months to hear that Barcelona was playing with two one-legged men and a blind man. They were missing Ronaldinho and Puyol. United was missing Vidic. Deco and Messi play so talk about illness and fitness and Barcelona being out of form is a red herring.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 25, 2008, 10:59:07 AM »
and I AM glad u brought up the fact that Man u played the same way agianst roma..this is why I DOH EVER wanna hear no man u fan telling about chelsea playing boring defensive shit football..
chelsea under mourinho in his first 2 seasons were the stingest defence but also the most prolific team in the premier league...
playing a similar counter attack system chelsea handed out nuff 4-0 drubbings of team..including one to liverpool at andfield...
chelsea went to the nou camp 3 times in the the last 3 years in the UCL....AND SCORED IN ALL 3 GAMES!!!

Yuh could still get talk because United still plays more enterprising football than Chelsea week in week out. If you can't come to terms with that that is your business. One highlight year under Mourinho not changing that. You also referencing wins in the EPL when we talking about CL. Why no 4-0 wins against Liverpool in the CL, Chelsea plays them often enough. Could it be that Chelsea approaches CL games differently.

And talking about goals in the Nou Camp is kinda useless when, despite the goals, Chelsea still fails to win there in the knockout stages.

If cronaldo woulda score dat penalty, fergie clearly woulda drop everybody back in their 18 and mighta even keep about six men on de goal line!   IMO,  when you is "Sir Alex Fergeson" and you are trying to REALLY, FINALLY stamp your own legacy on European competition after being given a gift by Bayern Munich, with the so-called best team in Europe and in the world, with the so-called best player in the world and an ailing Barcelona as your opponent before you, then what is there to fear? Put Barca to the sword, do it in style (the style you and your fans claim to have in so much abundance. After all, when AC came-a-knockin' last year, both home and away, they didn't come to play for now "draw")
   and do it convincingly so that your "legacy" can be heralded by all, fans and haters alike.

Otherwise, you're just using "tactics" to win a trophy.                ;) :devil:

There is a lot in here attributed to Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United that has nothing to do with either.

This legacy talk doesn’t come from Ferguson or United. The club and manager are trying to win a two-legged tie, plain and simple. They are not trying to “be heralded by haters”, or to stamp a legacy or to make up for a “gifted title” that, by the way you are harping on it, I guess they didn’t really win. That is all projected by you as some goal or standard that this game should be judged by.

Tell me something I don't know, boss.  It's y'all fans that want to place the title on the team and it's y"all fans I am addressing on the forum.....but neither saf nor the team would refuse the crown that y"all want to crest them with though.

You keep harping on the 1999 CL as a gift when it was a game that they won fair and square. You saying that is was a gift doesn’t detract from the achievement because at the end of the day they scored the most goals in the comp., and beat the biggest teams put in front of them. You make it sound as if the win was undeserved. If showing up and taking advantage of opponents weaknesses is the same as being gifted then Dortmund and Leverkusen were gifted CL final places in 1997 and 2002.

If you really think that they were not worthy winners of the Champions League in 1999 just come out and say so instead of casting aspersions on the result as if they did something untoward.

I have never posted or said anything in person to deny my sentiment.  I DON"T THINK they deserved the title in '99.  B. Munich did. but they lost. and what did they do? Came out and won it the following year.

I am only pointing out that y"all won more because of a lack of on-field leadership in the dying stages of the game, the subsequent defensive implosion and missed chances on B. Munich's part (including a brilliant save by Peter Schmeichel) but if Dortmund had won in similar fashion against manu, I would have said the same thing about them, too.  Fact is, though, Dortmund outplayed manu that year when they knocked them out.  They were the better team.

If they would have come out and played Barca the way AC came out against them and mash dem up last year, I would give them all the credit in the world. manboo used underdog tactics against a less than efficient Barca and that smells like fear and caution. Too much fear and caution for such a big side with everyting going for them including the yellow card tally.

Revisionism. Last year Milan benefited from United's openness and naivety last year. So how come they not getting credit for that. Pleas edon't try to make peope, believe that Milan tries to open up football
games. A more typical Milan performance is the 1-0 bore at United a couple years ago or that great final against Juve in 2003. Seems to me that even the high pedigree side with legacy that you use as an example has taken a "tactical" approach to games when it suits them.

Also I fully expect in a couple months to hear that Barcelona was playing with two one-legged men and a blind man. They were missing Ronaldinho and Puyol. United was missing Vidic. Deco and Messi play so talk about illness and fitness and Barcelona being out of form is a red herring.

I find it interesting that you would associate manu with any form of the word "naive" and are willing to liken Vidic' contribution to manu on the same level as that of Ro-Ro and Puyol to Barca..   AC came to old trafford and they came to play. They hosted manu and they played.  Plain and simple.  Even in the debacle against liverpool, they came out and played.

But I will  ask you this:  If the opposite circumstances were true for either team last wednesday? Let's say Barca was coming in at full strength with only Marquez out from injury, and Manu was coming in missing Rio and cronaldo and Rooney was only just returning from a long absence due to injury, do you really believe Frank woulda had Barca playing as defensive as manu played? I really don't think so.  No red herring, boss.  I doh even like smoke herring. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 25, 2008, 11:08:14 AM »
Sacchi: Man Utd Betrayed England :applause:

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=672721

Former Milan coaching great Arrigo Sacchi has launched a withering attack on the three English teams remaining in the Champions League, and has hit out at the quality of this week’s semi-finals.

Both first legs proved to be matches that will not live long in the memory as Liverpool and Chelsea drew 1-1 at Anfield, before Manchester United shut up shop in their 0-0 stalemate at Barcelona.   

"Is it worth Chelsea investing so much money in a team with such little joy and harmony?,” Sacchi asked in the Gazzetta dello Sport.   

"As for Liverpool, Benitez is praised for his tactical work, but the technical quality individually and collectively is not high, so goes their ability to dribble, keep possession of the ball and play a fantasy game.

"Manchester United arrived in great form, and played a game that betrayed the English culture and its history.   

“They thought only to defend with everyone back, attacking with few players. There was no action.”   

Sacchi, while recognising that Barcelona tried to play the game in the right way, also had some harsh words to say about the in-fighting in the Barcelona camp.

”The Blaugrana have shown that they are in an inadequate mental and physical shape,” he continued.   

“This is a team where envy, jealousy and the bourgeoisie have undermined professionalism, motivation and playing."   

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester Utd vs Barcelona CL SEMIFINAL Leg 2
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2008, 11:47:42 AM »
fellas this thread will be used for leg 2, seeing it still going strong lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2008, 12:12:13 PM »
Sacchi: Man Utd Betrayed England :applause:

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=672721

Former Milan coaching great Arrigo Sacchi has launched a withering attack on the three English teams remaining in the Champions League, and has hit out at the quality of this week`s semi-finals.

Both first legs proved to be matches that will not live long in the memory as Liverpool and Chelsea drew 1-1 at Anfield, before Manchester United shut up shop in their 0-0 stalemate at Barcelona.   

"Is it worth Chelsea investing so much money in a team with such little joy and harmony?,`` Sacchi asked in the Gazzetta dello Sport.   

"As for Liverpool, Benitez is praised for his tactical work, but the technical quality individually and collectively is not high, so goes their ability to dribble, keep possession of the ball and play a fantasy game.

"Manchester United arrived in great form, and played a game that betrayed the English culture and its history.   

``They thought only to defend with everyone back, attacking with few players. There was no action.``   

Sacchi, while recognising that Barcelona tried to play the game in the right way, also had some harsh words to say about the in-fighting in the Barcelona camp.

``The Blaugrana have shown that they are in an inadequate mental and physical shape,`` he continued.   

``This is a team where envy, jealousy and the bourgeoisie have undermined professionalism, motivation and playing."   

Is only sour grapes in he mout (from AC gettin' knockout) have 'im talkin so.   :P :P :P

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2008, 12:17:09 PM »
sacchi boy i feel u is ah carpenter

well said
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2008, 12:30:58 PM »
fellas this thread will be used for leg 2, seeing it still going strong lol

I mite start a Leg 2 Thread...  We'll see

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 26, 2008, 10:18:46 AM »
WILL ROONEY BE FIT FOR BARCELONA ???

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2008, 10:21:26 AM »

STUEPS
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2008, 10:49:18 AM »

STUEPS

;D Yuh right to "stueps" cuz vidic might be out, too, even tho ah doubt it. He try to take a page outta liverpool book and was goin' fuh Drogba knees ;D but like he take anudder page outta liverpool book and use he head insteada he foot :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2008, 10:52:31 AM »

STUEPS

;D Yuh right to "stueps" cuz vidic might be out, too, even tho ah doubt it. He try to take a page outta liverpool book and was goin' fuh Drogba knees ;D but like he take anudder page outta liverpool book and use he head insteada he foot :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

classic boy chow. that could go in the 'memorable quotes' thread, but ah get de feeling football banter eh go be appreciated in dey.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 26, 2008, 10:54:40 AM »
it aint over yet  ;D
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2008, 11:19:12 AM »

STUEPS

:rotfl: :rotfl:

classic boy chow. that could go in the 'memorable quotes' thread, but ah get de feeling football banter eh go be appreciated in dey.

;D ;D

doh mind dem, Omar. Blue is de colour. Will ALWAYS BE de colour!  (BRAZIL included!! ;D)

1]; } ?>