March 29, 2024, 02:00:53 AM

Author Topic: Manchester Utd vs Barcelona CL SEMIFINAL Leg 1  (Read 23147 times)

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester Utd vs Barcelona CL SEMIFINAL Leg 1
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2008, 02:04:07 PM »
keep me updated please i aint infront a tv

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2008, 02:11:58 PM »
Man U disappointing me..I not a fan but they doh usually play this damn boring, usually i expect them to go at teams even when they away. This game they really jus seem to be hoping for nil nil and go back to Old Trafford...
hope Barca buss de net if only to get some life in de game
Back in Trini...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2008, 02:16:05 PM »
Not surprising from the team from La Agua...Barca players diving all over the place.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2008, 02:16:48 PM »
Man U disappointing me..I not a fan but they doh usually play this damn boring, usually i expect them to go at teams even when they away. This game they really jus seem to be hoping for nil nil and go back to Old Trafford...
hope Barca buss de net if only to get some life in de game

To attack in the Camp Nou with the noise on classico setting eh easy eh. And Barca was rushing at them.........once teams do Man U that......their whole game gets thrown off i realise.  Ronaldo try to get bout 2 penalty since....had slight contact from abidal...buh he make it look bad....Ineista do a Ronaldo. eh get through........Deco breed carrick.......and now nani coming on....hmmm...Man U looking like they trying to retain possession. Deco off...Henry on. Deco getting a round of applause as he exits...this performance probably getting the forgiveness of the faithful.If 10R was playing this game......lawd.......Man U woulda be under more pressure.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 02:19:20 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2008, 02:18:12 PM »
I eh go lie, a little bit ah tu-tu come out when C Ronaldo was running up to hit the penalty, then a little bit ah wee-wee came out when he miss
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I eh like none ah dem teams.( Chelsea and Real M), but ah like ManUre even less than Barca.... So go Barca

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2008, 02:19:23 PM »
pressure lol, ah hav a headacke
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2008, 02:28:14 PM »
Not surprising from the team from La Agua...Barca players diving all over the place.

careful pardnah..you know yuh team have more Spaniards than half de teams in La Liga. kix

cyah see the game. i only bracing and taking a small peek avery 10 minutes to see if anyone score.

BARCA forever

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2008, 02:30:01 PM »
henry causing most pressure for Man Utd now...i really disappointed with this game, i miss class hoping for a classic. Instead i more bored than anything else
Back in Trini...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2008, 02:31:04 PM »
Henry like he have something to prove. 3 Clean shots....had van de sar making some good saves. Ronaldo eh getting nothing happening for him it seem.  barca winning possession doh.....63%. LAWD.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2008, 02:33:44 PM »
now i really hope the second leg is much better...Waiting to see what teams show up, if barca cud put in an early one i think we wud be in for a hell of a game
Barca hadda be pissed they eh end Man Utd tonite after all dat possession
Back in Trini...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2008, 02:34:42 PM »
I go take dis result. De next leg go be much worse doh...

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2008, 02:38:11 PM »
Barcelona was way too casual. Manu were way too respectful, i believe Barcelona are going to win at Old Trafford because manu wll try to throw back some punches this time. Henry is going to start cause he showing he still have that fire in him 4 manu. i will have to congrat manu 4 not conceding but i feel good that barcelona didnt concede an away goal. i honestly dont see us losing this tie now
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2008, 02:38:35 PM »
henry causing most pressure for Man Utd now...i really disappointed with this game, i miss class hoping for a classic. Instead i more bored than anything else

When only one team cme to play, it will never be a classic. Very cowardly game by the great ManU with all its great players. No attempt to attack, boom kick and peppered with poor passing.
Hats off to Scholes and Rio good game
Having said that Barca looked more like Barcarsenal. Plenty passing and no penetration & shots on goal.
Eto like he has yet to get back his pace since the knee injury.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2008, 02:44:43 PM »

careful pardnah..you know yuh team have more Spaniards than half de teams in La Liga. kix

cyah see the game. i only bracing and taking a small peek avery 10 minutes to see if anyone score.

BARCA forever

Dem Spaniard in Anfield eh schupid...dem realize by now English pitch hard  :rotfl:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2008, 02:45:08 PM »

When only one team cme to play, it will never be a classic. Very cowardly game by the great ManU with all its great players. No attempt to attack, boom kick and peppered with poor passing.
Hats off to Scholes and Rio good game
Having said that Barca looked more like Barcarsenal. Plenty passing and no penetration & shots on goal.
Eto like he has yet to get back his pace since the knee injury.

Man U are never able to play when a team rushes at them. The atmosphere added to it..and after that penalty miss...their confidence was impacted. Etoo now cut he hair.....so he go take some time......but....in my view...this tie going down to penalties.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2008, 02:47:15 PM »
i hope Barca really do continue to go at them in de return...If it goes down to penalties i eh go be pleased, but who knows next ting Manchester come out wit a vengance in de second leg. I doubt it but we shall see
Back in Trini...

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2008, 02:47:52 PM »
GRANTED I am a Man U hater... even trying to be objective i would be thoroughly let down by this bitch assedness man u try to pass up as football... even if alyuh had get the penalty score..that kinda football don't deserve to win no fletching champion's league...alyuh play like alyuh was down to ten men.. even when you had your attacking triumver of tevez, rooney and cronaldo on the pitch...

that performance was a disgrace to the title winning team of 1999...steups...

I hope the next leg in old trafford will be a better game...sigh...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2008, 02:51:35 PM »
Cowardly..Disgrace?

My god boy... it was obvious Fergie was going for a 0-0 and if we were lucky to hit them on the counter attack

I do agree we should have attacked them a little more but we also couldn't concede

A very professional job done....Onto Old Trafford

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2008, 02:55:30 PM »
Cowardly..Disgrace?

My god boy... it was obvious Fergie was going for a 0-0 and if we were lucky to hit them on the counter attack

I do agree we should have attacked them a little more but we also couldn't concede

yeah..we got that by the way you defended with your entire team in your own half for large chunks of the game...the manner is what was disappointed me...jah i coulda swear tevez and rooney was playing as defensive wingbacks instead of strikers...when you see good attacking teams like man u play like that..it makes feel to give up on watching football...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2008, 03:20:34 PM »
Cowardly..Disgrace?

Sorry I must disagree, but yes you are entitled to your opinion.  Hiding under the banner of professionalism. Please ! When everyone talks about the Greatness of ManU and greatness of Ronaldo & Rooney etc with a squad priced better than the GNP of most countries. It was a performance that was cowardly and lacked any true football quality what so ever. If every team played football like that the stands will be empty in less than a year.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2008, 03:39:44 PM »
Cowardly..Disgrace?

Sorry I must disagree, but yes you are entitled to your opinion.  Hiding under the banner of professionalism. Please ! When everyone talks about the Greatness of ManU and greatness of Ronaldo & Rooney etc with a squad priced better than the GNP of most countries. It was a performance that was cowardly and lacked any true football quality what so ever. If every team played football like that the stands will be empty in less than a year.

Well said.  Cynical. unimaginative football at its best...and I am hard-pressed to ever root for an Iberian team, so you know where my loyalties lie.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2008, 03:44:50 PM »
Zidane did it consistently.

Ronaldinho did it consistently.

Rivaldo did it consistently.

Figo used to do it.

Ronaldo (the real one) used to do it.

Beckham did it once against Greece.

Gerrard does it.

Kaka does it.

Messi does it.

But i'm still waiting to hear about Cristiano Ronaldo grabbing a big game by the scruff of the neck and giving us a performance that we could croon over and tell our kids about.... against top class opposition.

It's the one thing that makes me bite my tongue to label him the best player in the world..

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2008, 03:52:21 PM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 03:54:03 PM by Peong »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2008, 04:03:18 PM »
Ok...I am very tipsy so I'll keep this brief...ManU is shit.  8)
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2008, 04:08:31 PM »
Fergie played it to safe man......Barca had there chances and couldn't crack d defence or Van dar sar infront there home crowd, wah make them think they will do it in Old Trafford ? De few times we went at  barca defence they looked shaky at times, they go get cracked. Why didn't Anderson play ? and  Nani should have come on earlier than that.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2008, 04:10:32 PM »
Ok...I am very tipsy so I'll keep this brief...ManU is shit.  8)
yeah boy.....Real go  mash we up in the final  ::)  :rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2008, 04:13:11 PM »
Honestly I can't believe the game Man United play. I understand it, but damn. I always believe that if you are a big team you are a big team. Go to the NOU camp and show your mettle. You don't have to be Cavalier, but a little football would not hurt.

So good football is only to be played when there is nothing to play for or you playing at home? F*2%ing disgrace.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2008, 04:22:40 PM »
Football is not always attacking, what alyuh see there today is some hardcore defending at the highest level  :beermug: good job team
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2008, 04:26:39 PM »
Football is not always attacking, what alyuh see there today is some hardcore defending at the highest level  :beermug: good job team
allyuh eh bet allyuh full ah shit oui. but is ok...
cry baby miss a penalty to day like one ole goat...he does dance around mediocre tall day....any time he meet ah big team he does catch eh ass....but wah u go do........
allyuh is some real yes men..fergie cyah do no wrong...liek allyuh fraid to call a spade a spade...dey play  lala

Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2008, 04:36:13 PM »
as i tell all the man u men in work...no man u fan could talk about chelsea and dem playing no kinda boring shit defensive football after a game like dat..there are ways to play defensive counter attacking football..what i witness today was gobar extrodinaire..i hope barca rape alyuh in the theatre...

1]; } ?>