April 29, 2024, 11:12:11 AM

Author Topic: Forbes hoping to follow Jones’ leap.  (Read 6490 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Forbes hoping to follow Jones’ leap.
« on: April 21, 2008, 06:42:21 PM »
Forbes wants to follow Jones' leap.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

New Trinidad and Tobago Senior Team call up Jerol Forbes says the exploits of Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones and other players who have gone on to wear the Senior Team uniform is the motivating factor behind his run of form for United Petrotrin and now he’s aiming to carry it over to the international stage.

Forbes has impressed T&T head coach Francisco Maturana in the early rounds of the T&T Pro League, earning him a place in the 25-man squad preparing for Sunday’s friendly international against Grenada at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya.

Forbes, was the scorer of T&T’s lone goal in a 6-1 defeat to Brazil at the FIFA Under 17 World Championship in 2001 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and subsequently went on trial at Manchester United with Jones. But he hasn’t not pushed on as Jones, remaining in Trinidad and looking on at other teammates such as Marvin Phillip, Julius James and Jan Michael Williams go on to represent the country at the senior international level. Now he wants to prove his worth again.

“It feels good to be back training with the national team again. I’ve been away for a while because I didn’t really make a national team since the youth level,” Forbes told TTFF Media. “But now being here with the guys again is a plus. I think I have a great chance of getting back out there (overseas stage) because I’m feeling upbeat about the game again and I really want to give back, especially for the fans who have stood by me through the hard times.

“I think I was missing motivation because of having not been given the opportunity after the Under 17 (Championship). I think I was out of favour. Coach Brian Williams has pushed me a lot as well and I want to thank him for that.”

Forbes, formerly of Naparima College, wants to become reacquainted with Jones who is now in line for the Sunderland “Player of the Year” award.

“Kenwyne is an exceptional player and I won’t mind playing alongside him again (and) getting some hints from him. I just want to take it one day at a time and keep on improving my game” About Petrotrin’s four-match winning run so far, Forbes isn’t getting carried away.

“We have had a good start so far but we need to take it one game at a time. The season is a long one. We will not allow ourselves to become too confident because the other teams will be coming back strong as the season goes on so we have to stay focused and keep the results positive,” Forbes added.

Some of the other new faces taking part in Monday’s training session at the Marvin Lee included Jerrel Britto and Michael Edwards with the recalled Anton Pierre of Defence Force, Devon Jorsling, Kevon Carter, Clico San Juan Jabloteh duo Lester Peltier and Ataullah Guerra also present. Joe Public’s Kerry Baptiste, Silas Spann and Keyeno Thomas, Akile Edwards of Defence Force, W Connection’s Akeem Adams, Makan Hislop, Jamaal Gay, Daneil Cyrus, Keon Daniel of United Petrotrin and skipper Aurtis Whitley among others also involved.

Meantime, Grenada are likely to have its star player and Caribbean “Player of the Year” for 2007 Shalrie Joseph in its line up for Sunday’s game at the Marvin Lee. The New England Revolution announced that it will release Joseph on Friday following its MLS fixture with Dallas FC the previous day. "There is a buzz about how far [Grenada] has gotten," Joseph said. "But we have a real challenge playing Costa Rica, which is the second or third best team in CONCACAF."

Grenada booked a second round clash with Costa Rica in the 2010 World Cup qualifying phase in June after trouncing US Virgin Islands 10-0 in its first round qualifier last month. Grenada, under coach Norris Wilson, will arrive here on Friday while another Caribbean national team, St Vincent and the Grenadines are in the country for pre-World Cup training camp. They face Joe Public in a training match at the Marvin Lee Stadium from 4pm on Tuesday.

Videos

View Video of Monday's training session.

View Jerol Forbes Interview/Photo video.

Photos

Jerol Forbes.

Keon Daniel holds Jamal Gay during training  on Monday morning.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 06:30:31 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Forbes hoping to follow Jones’ leap
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 10:26:15 PM »
Forbes, formerly of Naparima College , wants to become reacquainted with Jones who is now in line for the Sunderland Player of the Year award.

“Kenwyne is an exceptional player and I won’t mind playing alongside him again (and) getting some hints from him. I just want to take it one day at a time and keep on improving my game.”

Some of the other new faces taking part in yesterday’s training session at the Marvin Lee included Jerrel Britto and Michael Edwards with the recalled Anton Pierre of Defence Force, Devon Jorsling, Kevon Carter, Clico San Juan Jabloteh duo Lester Peltier and Atulla Guerra also present. Joe Public’s Kerry Baptiste, Silas Spann and Keyeno Thomas, Aklie Edwards of Defence Force, W Connection’s Akeem Adams, Makan Hislop, Jamal Gay, Daneil Cyrus, Keon Daniel of United Petrotrin and skipper Aurtis Whitley among others also involved.

I like this youth thing too bad. We go see if Maturana under 23 team could get a win against Grenada senior team where MaComie U-23 get licks from Grenada U-23.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Forbes hoping to follow Jones’ leap
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 11:42:52 PM »

This is nice I glad Forbes get excited about the game again. I remember seeing him for Naparima in Intercol. A good talent all these guys does need is motivation and guidance. All the best Forbes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Forbes hoping to follow Jones’ leap.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 05:58:34 AM »
I hope he pushes on strongly, because he is such a good player.  He is quick, has great control and very strong on the ball.  I hope he didnt fall too far off the radar.

His mistake was when he didnt go to training with the U20 squad stating that he was sick and then was seen in the mannie ramjohn liming at an intercol match in de stands.  He get drop because of that and never ketch himself since den.

TTT had de man starring out in de stands.......lol.

ah love it!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:24:56 AM »
To hear that youth man training hard literally raise my pores...The man was the best forward at his age group hands down and just so he fall off...I see too much men fall off and it really refreshin to see a man get back on the trail...Its only the 4th game in PFL but lets hope he continues being motivated because Jerrol Forbes is trouble for our opposition even though he not playing outside ..... :beermug: :beermug:...Maturana has to stay !!!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:35:51 AM by Ponnoxx »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 09:10:49 AM »
To hear that youth man training hard literally raise my pores...The man was the best forward at his age group hands down and just so he fall off...I see too much men fall off and it really refreshin to see a man get back on the trail...Its only the 4th game in PFL but lets hope he continues being motivated because Jerrol Forbes is trouble for our opposition even though he not playing outside ..... :beermug: :beermug:...Maturana has to stay !!!

I believe Nkosi Blackman was better.

Forbes was decent. When he came back from the Man Utd trial he head went up in his ass.... glad he back down to earth now....

Gorian Highley was a BOSS !!! and could have been the best forward we have to date coming from the youths, but he head gone to...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 09:15:31 AM »
Maturana believe in de youths. Nice set of players.....

Imagine we under 17 team supplying we senior team and not the under 21 and olympic team...... where them players gone....
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 09:17:23 AM by Sam »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 09:30:20 AM »

Keon Daniel holds Jamal Gay during training  on Monday morning.

Keon Daniel Leigh like a kite, even a 16 year only (Jamaal Gay) ruffing up he ass.....  :devil:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 07:06:17 PM »
....another Petrotrin man..and a Naps man too..Oh Gosh and ah should not have to mention ah south man too  :devil:

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 07:22:41 PM »
Sam i disagree..i played against both and Forbes to me was much better...Had a real idiot attitude tho that was clear if he didnt get it in check he was gonna end up nowhere.
Hope de man really pulls it together and wish him de best
Back in Trini...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 07:52:53 PM »
....another Petrotrin man..and a Naps man too..Oh Gosh and ah should not have to mention ah south man too :devil:

United Petrotrin will play host to the St Vincent and The Grenadines national team in a friendly encounter at the Palo Seco Recreation Ground tomorrow at 6:00pm.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 07:56:14 PM »
ah questioning fuentes music selections for these vids.........like he does just open he w9 and close he eye an pick

hyland movin smart he playin trinidad game like fus time availble for all selections

this is a nice year to secure a work permit
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 07:57:20 PM »
Forbes, formerly of Naparima College , wants to become reacquainted with Jones who is now in line for the Sunderland Player of the Year award.

“Kenwyne is an exceptional player and I won’t mind playing alongside him again (and) getting some hints from him. I just want to take it one day at a time and keep on improving my game.”

Some of the other new faces taking part in yesterday’s training session at the Marvin Lee included Jerrel Britto and Michael Edwards with the recalled Anton Pierre of Defence Force, Devon Jorsling, Kevon Carter, Clico San Juan Jabloteh duo Lester Peltier and Atulla Guerra also present. Joe Public’s Kerry Baptiste, Silas Spann and Keyeno Thomas, Aklie Edwards of Defence Force, W Connection’s Akeem Adams, Makan Hislop, Jamal Gay, Daneil Cyrus, Keon Daniel of United Petrotrin and skipper Aurtis Whitley among others also involved.

I like this youth thing too bad. We go see if Maturana under 23 team could get a win against Grenada senior team where MaComie U-23 get licks from Grenada U-23.

Ent! Buh on top a dat, I jes vibesing that plenty of the gathering excited about Pacho's approach, and I lovin that too. The way I see it, regardless of what's down de road, men hadda accept or acknowledge that there IS a benefit to incorporating young/experienced abandoned players in this way. There is a lesson to be learnt ... lehwe learn it nah. Too many good men doh get honoured in dey own land.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 09:46:03 PM »

Ent! Buh on top a dat, I jes vibesing that plenty of the gathering excited about Pacho's approach, and I lovin that too. The way I see it, regardless of what's down de road, men hadda accept or acknowledge that there IS a benefit to incorporating young/experienced abandoned players in this way. There is a lesson to be learnt ... lehwe learn it nah. Too many good men doh get honoured in dey own land.

Look at how barely a few years ago we scared to play St. Vincent and now them stuck playing we PFL teams for warm up. Blooding the PFL players on a regular ensured they got competitive, and blooding the youngsters will accomplish same only with greater benefits of getting them international exposure, confidence, caps and signings at bigger clubs all at a far younger age.

Only problem with this scenario is that the less physically advanced youths still abandoned. I don't even know if we have an U-17 coach yet, far less a team in training. Maturana can't be responsible for that.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:19:29 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 10:16:10 PM »

Forbes was decent. When he came back from the Man Utd trial he head went up in his ass.... glad he back down to earth now....

You have to be crazy.........lol.  This is a funny one.  Nkosi Blackman? I telling yuh hands down, Blackman was no where near Forbes class. 

Forbes single handedly carried Naps to an intercol final (de get bout six from st anthonys in de final) but Forbes was easily the best in Trinidad at that age group.

Nice to see him back!!

ah love it!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 09:58:27 AM »
Stats dont lie. Forget how good you play if your job is to score goals and you not scoring, then you in de wrong position. No body eh saying Forbes was bad, he probably was a gifted player (like Highley) but being gifted and not making use of it is not doing you any good....

Nkosi Blackman, 16+ goals for T&T Under 17 team.

Jorel Forbes, 6 goals for T&T Under 17 team.

Blackman also help his team St Benedicts College win the title. He was converted to a striker and scored over 20 goals in the SSFL. Blackman also started all of the under 17 world cup qualifying and actual WC games over Forbes and under two different coaches too (Rene Simoes & Onigbinde Adegboye).

Forbes scored 3 goals for Petrotrin de whole of last season (2007). And 2 in 2006. Being capable of putting de ball in the back of the net is a gift.....

Either went far, bur Forbes have de opportunity to go further because he clean up his act..... he was a total asshole...... Blackman just never recover from his accident....

Either way, I am glad to see Forbes back and willing.....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 10:06:49 AM by Sam »

Offline stillmatic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 07:28:35 PM »

Gorian Highley was a BOSS !!! and could have been the best forward we have to date coming from the youths, but he head gone to...

Nkosi Blackman was never better than Forbes....I train, play with and against both of them. Nkosi was never ready for Forbes. Forbes just need guidance. I agree the ManU thing  went to his head. He his a natural talent and like ponnoxx say...with the proper guidance and training he will be trouble.

Offline stillmatic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 07:39:11 PM »
Stats dont lie. Forget how good you play if your job is to score goals and you not scoring, then you in de wrong position. No body eh saying Forbes was bad, he probably was a gifted player (like Highley) but being gifted and not making use of it is not doing you any good....

Nkosi Blackman, 16+ goals for T&T Under 17 team.

Jorel Forbes, 6 goals for T&T Under 17 team.

Blackman also help his team St Benedicts College win the title. He was converted to a striker and scored over 20 goals in the SSFL. Blackman also started all of the under 17 world cup qualifying and actual WC games over Forbes and under two different coaches too (Rene Simoes & Onigbinde Adegboye).

Forbes scored 3 goals for Petrotrin de whole of last season (2007). And 2 in 2006. Being capable of putting de ball in the back of the net is a gift.....

Either went far, bur Forbes have de opportunity to go further because he clean up his act..... he was a total asshole...... Blackman just never recover from his accident....

Either way, I am glad to see Forbes back and willing.....

I think your stats wrong boss. ..Nkosi wasn't even on the U17 team that long to score that many goals.Forbes was training with that sqad at 14 and 15. Even if you want to use stats....compare there SSFL goal scoring....no way Nkosi could come close to forbes. Clearly you never saw them play. If you were to mention that to anyone who play in south with them, they will burst into laughter. NYwhiteboy and Ponnoxx along with me could tell you about them first hand.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 07:21:06 AM »
That is exactly why i was laughing in my earlier post stillmatic.  Sam has to be crazy.  There is no way anyone from south who was familiar with these two players would ever say that Nkosi in Forbes league.

By the way sam, we hosted the tournament, so i ent know what U17 world cup qualifying you talking about!

Anyways, i honestly believe that u never really see these fellas play over a period of time so i would try to understand you statistical reasoning!

ah love it!!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 08:49:01 AM »
Gentlemen,

Thanks for the info on Forbes, I heard his name mentioned before, but I just got some real info on dis yute from you all. Damn, dat lil T&T eh play dey producing talented players nah, one after de next. Ah guess we is de Brazil and Argentina of CONCACAF, in terms of producing talented soccer players. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 09:06:04 AM »
Cool....

Stats here...

http://www.socawarriors.net/U-17_games_since_2000_and_up.htm

And sorry Andre, not qualifiers.... just games.

1]; } ?>