April 28, 2024, 01:28:23 PM

Author Topic: T&T senior team call-up for Britto.  (Read 7515 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T senior team call-up for Britto.
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 08:37:11 AM »
Pardners just as it have nuff opinion on d MB it properly have as much selection policy. Is d TTFF we dealin with and with d blacklist case next week they groomin 4 2014 because if d TTFF have 2 pay Stern etal u know is real yute men we go b seein.   
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 08:40:19 AM »
Pardners just as it have nuff opinion on d MB it properly have as much selection policy. Is d TTFF we dealin with and with d blacklist case next week they groomin 4 2014 because if d TTFF have 2 pay Stern etal u know is real yute men we go b seein.   

Now dat is what I feel going on behind de scenes....ah hoping it eh so...but on THIS point ah feel yuh correct!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2008, 08:44:48 AM »
I doh b correck is just my imagination as d song say
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008, 08:54:28 AM »

Now dat is what I feel going on behind de scenes....ah hoping it eh so...but on THIS point ah feel yuh correct!

That could be true, but then that shouldn't be cause for no clandestine operation.  Stern et al will be too old later down the road anyway, so if that is the reason nobody go fight them down for adopting that policy.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2008, 08:58:43 AM »
maybe it was answered, but look at the youth thing another way...
as said, we have , Sealy, Jones, Scotland, John, Roberts etc(A)...who not avaialble for the upcoming friendlies...so  why take a more experienced older player(B), who when the big game comes around, won't be selected because of of the return of our big guns(A), when you can develop a younger talented player(C), who when the big guns(A) move on, in addition to that other experienced player(B), that younger new player(C) would already have the experience of playing at at International level, even if he wasn't utilized in the biggest of games.
It's ah logical solution

Maturana => A=B+C=WC2010 => 4 yrs=>WC2014 =(.5A +4)+(.5A +4) - (B+4) + (C+6)
the variable is Maturana
notes: B or C can stand in for A at present. In 4 years C can replace anybody.

edit: made an error, formula updated

;)

« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:19:59 AM by maxg »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 09:00:33 AM »
IMO d policy is dat we have no policy

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2008, 09:02:07 AM »
what is the problem the calling up of britto .. well he call up connell  jerrol forbes stephan david and a next petrotrin player etc ... more players would be comming into the mix soon
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2008, 10:10:50 AM »
Well I have to agree with Palos and MidKnight on this one.  Why not play men who more than likely WILL be on the team than jes run ah youth for de sake of ah run..if Bertille was de one up to he old tricks what allyuh woulda be saying.

I glad we have young talent, but I really doh see Britto being de type ah prodigy like ah Maradona or ah Norman Whiteside of Michael Owen...dat he go jes walk into the starting team come qualifiers.   so what is de real scene?  Like Maturana feel we have the spot locked up so he already grooming  players to replace older ones come 2010?

Why bring in players into positions where we already have an abundance of available talents and neglect de spots where we short..as Palos rightly questioned.

Maybe dey trying to give him CAPS, but ah thougth fuh ah youth player dat eh so important?

I hate f**king Wim, but Maturana making meh wonder boy.

How you know what going on in Maturana head?  How you know he jus running yute "fuh de sake ah run"?  I like how allyuh inside Maturana head to know that he neglecting certain spots and unnecessarily focusing on others...like allyuh better equipped tuh assess de talent or what?  Lol

truetrini

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2008, 10:13:27 AM »
ahmmm before yuh jump into me like triniman rushing inrto ah gay convention, read all de posts.

wasn't it touches who commented that it was becasue of caps?

ok?

laters hunnie, like yuh missing Omar

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2008, 10:36:22 AM »
Me ent know bout allyuh... but I think we now getting to the global standard of how things should be done...

Allyuh ent realise we was the oldest side in the World Cup?
Watch the ages at which players does usually breakout worldwide.. we is the only side man does be debuting all 27, 28 normal normal... and big 30 32 year olds now trying to get serious and make ah side...

As far as I concern between Britto, Adams, Leston Paul and them and the older heads in they mid twenties... ALL of dem is real bake and eh ready when it come to THE INTERNATIONAL GAME... but them old dog cyah learn new tricks...  thais wha Bertille complain about... men get vex... thais wha Beenie complain about... man say well alright.. we going World Cup.... thais wha Wim complain about... but he ent even try... so men get vex again...

Maturana ent say it.. or maybe he say it in spanish and anton eh know wha de fawk he say... but he actions so far showing it... he rather go with youth...

because them youths more liable to listen and play to instructions... they will follow the coach and take a buff... they will retain more in practice.. they have more zess and it time they will get more strength...

I think them youths blended in with some experienced men and with good coaching and tactics will perform better than any "regular" local men who already of age... them at the age where i think they want it more.. they fresh.. the world at they feet.. Let the youths them play!

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2008, 10:45:32 AM »
I just wondering how come with the set of youths who so good enough to make the senior team, we doh have a killer U20 and U23 team.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2008, 10:50:24 AM »
I just wondering how come with the set of youths who so good enough to make the senior team, we doh have a killer U20 and U23 team.

Here why... because is de same men coaching dem youth teams that have big hardback 27 28 year old cyah trap under pressure, cyah head and pass accurate, cyah maintain tactical awareness and cyah concentrate for 90 mins.. thais why we players does go abroad and develop faster...

No offence to the local coaches... they don't have the tools so they stagnate and when they stagnate.. the players stagnate too...

and is not as if maturana sending a whole u-17 side to play grenada... is the choice men in that age group as he see it mixed in with older heads
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 10:52:13 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2008, 10:53:00 AM »
Have a U-23 team and let the younger players play there. System is important for the continuation of a successful club. Where are our U-14, U-15, U-16,U-17, U-20, U-21 and U-23s?

http://www.ussoccer.com/teams/youth/index.jsp.html

http://www.thefa.com/England/

http://www.dfb.de/index.php?id=114

http://www.dfb.de/index.php?id=3139
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2008, 10:54:50 AM »
ahmmm before yuh jump into me like triniman rushing inrto ah gay convention, read all de posts.

ok?

is "Omar" yuh woman name?  I always had my doubts about you.

truetrini

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2008, 10:56:26 AM »

ok?

oh shit is Omar ah did say?  My bad ah did mean tuh say marie...sorry

lol  but on de odder hand..I thought Omar was ah man..what de ass yuh really saying breds :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2008, 10:57:44 AM »

ok?

oh shit is Omar ah did say?  My bad ah did mean tuh say marie...sorry

lol  but on de odder hand..I thought Omar was ah man..what de ass yuh really saying breds :devil:

allyuh eh fraid lightning?  calling my name in vain like that..

or is omar khan allyuh dey wit?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2008, 10:59:22 AM »
Because one or two youths are talented doesn't mean the entire U-2-, U-23 squad is talented.  Even if we have a squad of supremely talented individuals (which isn't the case), that itself doesn't guarantee that they'll play well together as a team.

In short, don't use the the success/lack of success of the team as a gauge of the talents and abilities of the individuals on the team.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2008, 11:59:50 AM »
Look how much youth men run with the US nat'l team. When they big guns not avaialable they does still play games. Now it have young fellas like Altidore who I am sure would make the final team for qualifiers. I was wondering why maturana calling so much young players but after watching the last training video in another thread I understand why. Is basics the man teaching them. The man was running finishing drills and I was suprised to see how much men throw away in the goal mouth. Is young fellas though it have hope for them. If was older players then I woulda be worried. 

As another poster say them young fellas hungry and they will pick up quicker. After he sort them out then they could go and sweat with the youth sides and in 2010 the 16 yr olds etc would be 18 plus.  Some of them older heads better watch they self cause doh be surprised if they sweat now becaue they ready now but in two years they get bench.

Again it seems that who ever preparing the younger players doh have them where they should be. Maybe Maturana should hold some session with the PFL youth coaches and SSFL coaches.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2008, 02:03:04 PM »

Here why... because is de same men coaching dem youth teams that have big hardback 27 28 year old cyah trap under pressure, cyah head and pass accurate, cyah maintain tactical awareness and cyah concentrate for 90 mins.. thais why we players does go abroad and develop faster...

No offence to the local coaches... they don't have the tools so they stagnate and when they stagnate.. the players stagnate too...

and is not as if maturana sending a whole u-17 side to play grenada... is the choice men in that age group as he see it mixed in with older heads

That is the damn thing self right there.

Is a long time now I see we have a whole generation of  players like Spann, Theobald, Jemmot etc. whose exposure to quality opposition and the fundamentals of the game was neglected by those authorities who hold such powers to do so in  T&T.

These players are no less talented than much of the top tier of CONCACAF, but the sh*t that used to (and still does) pass for "development" in this country has left them lesser footballers than they could have been, relative to the $$$ and opportunity we have in T&T. Is like a 27 year old man with no common entrance trying to go back in secondary school to write 'A levels. That is a herculean task for all but the very most determined.

Even though we as fans have heavy hearts seeing men who sacrifice and wuk like dogs for the RBW, that generation, fringe players first and then some of the stalwarts second, will be squeezed of the national scene to make way for the younger crowd. What happen to Rougier might happen en-mass this time around.

Its simple succcession. All teams go through this. But it just hard to see good solidiers fall. That is why I does get vex when men on here does talk bout how fellas like Cornell Glenn "selfish" and need to put national team interest before his club interests.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2008, 03:03:24 PM »
blooding youths ??...allyuh stop dey and feel so.... dais we team...dem SOCA WARRIORS from Germany not coming home......and even if they do....they heart not in it....cause dey boss teif dem...allyuh wait and see...yuh better start backing dem players...tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2008, 07:16:05 PM »
This post full ah jokes.  All yuh have me laughing so hard.  Maturana never gave a press conference stating what his policy is for calling up the youths, but everybody have their theory and speculating.  All yuh in the man head and reading his past, present, and future plans.  But is a fan forum and I expect man to cuss him out after we lose we first game just like they wanted to fire Beenie after he loss to Paraguay at the WC, until he fire we.  Ah must say is fun reading all the stuff men posting. Good humor!  Go Warriors!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2008, 12:42:50 AM »
This post full ah jokes.  All yuh have me laughing so hard.  Maturana never gave a press conference stating what his policy is for calling up the youths, but everybody have their theory and speculating.  All yuh in the man head and reading his past, present, and future plans.  But is a fan forum and I expect man to cuss him out after we lose we first game just like they wanted to fire Beenie after he loss to Paraguay at the WC, until he fire we.  Ah must say is fun reading all the stuff men posting. Good humor!  Go Warriors!

yuh mean, you now start to enjoy football...an now discover we Trini does take it to another level... :rotfl: :rotfl:..wait, wait...so when the ref. blow the whistle an game on the field some ppl dun talk or wha...man is now talk does start, all over the Real Whirl..doh miss the expert in every rum shop ( here we call dem cafe), same shit talk...an some does take it to heart real personal and feel insulted an ting, an cuss man for mother, son bredda, club, coach & country yes, wha I really dig, is how we feel we different(read better) from everybody else, not juss on the field buh orf it too...well besides how we does cuss sweeter, buh I bias

ps: how yuh like meh formulae
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 12:51:27 AM by maxg »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 10:31:17 AM »
De Anton Pierre selection confuse me. I was looking for Angus eve to get a call up :rotfl: :rotfl:...seriously though, Ah want to believe though that Pacho going and watch games and pulling fellahs dat impress him?!?! ah could be wrong, but dais what i woulda do(granted me eh no national coach).
my feeling is, let de man test fellahs and see how dey hold up NOW so dat when qualifiers start he go have ah few he could add to the foreign base core of de team, and any time de man could get talented defenders who could make a friggin 5 yard pass to dey teammate foot, i happy! so i say bleed(blood)dem as much as yuh have to coach!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

TrinInfinite

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2008, 11:14:29 AM »

i think maturana is probably including britto in the team for practise and training, its better he train with the older and more experienced players in order for his development to move smoothly, remember this is the same player who was playing 3-4 years above his age group in terms of skill, so i doubt he is so far behind the others in training, but i understand your persepctive.

God is de BOSS...

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2008, 11:24:04 AM »
I believe they using this to look at players for the u20 and u23 all at once so by put them with the senior guys they gaining confidence and experience this guy is ahh boss  we have to stop the old ways and develop new one remember how old Yorke and Latas was when they made to the senior team.
Empty barrels make the most noise

1]; } ?>