March 29, 2024, 01:19:20 AM

Author Topic: T&T senior team call-up for Britto.  (Read 7434 times)

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T senior team call-up for Britto.
« on: April 22, 2008, 01:53:15 PM »
T&T senior team call-up for Britto.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

T&T and Clico San Juan Jabloteh U-17 talent Jerrel Britto has been named in a T&T Senior Team provisional squad preparing for an international warn-up against Grenada on Sunday.

Britto a talented forward was unselected for the 2007 World Cup in Korea, an upset in many minds. He went on to captain the T&T U-15s in the 2007 CFU tournament where he dominated as leading goalscorer despite T&T’s third place finish. The T&T talent enjoyed UK trials earlier this year as a number of clubs are hawking the Jabloteh youngster.

T&T head coach Francisco Maturana has revised a 25-man squad to prepare for the Grenada encounter with Charleston Battery striker Randi Patterson being excused.

Other new additions include U-17 player Zavion Navarro, 2007 U-17 World Cup goalie Glenroy Samuel, Jabloteh teenaged senior team midfielder Atulla Guerra and veteran defender Anton Pierre of Defence Force also earning a recall after a long layoff from the national senior team. United Petrotrin target man Jerrol Forbes also earned a call-up. The squad had their first training session on Monday morning at the Marvin Lee Stadium.

The full T&T squad are:

Goalkeepers—Marvin Phillip (W Connection), Glenroy Samuel (Caledonia AIA)

Defenders—Kern Cupid, Akeem Adams (W Connection), Makan Hislop (United Petrotrin), Akile Edwards, Anton Pierre, Michael Edwards (Defence Force), Kareem Smith (United Petrotrin), Keyeno Thomas (Joe Public)

Midfielders—Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public), Kevon Carter (Defence Force), Daniel Cyrus (U-17), Keon Daniel (United Petrotrin), Stephan David (Caledonia AIA), Aurtis Whitley, Ataullah Guerra, Lester Peltier (Jabloteh)

Forwards—Jerrel Britto (Jabloteh), Jerol Forbes (United Petrotrin), Connell Kevaughn (L’Entente Sannois Saint-Gratien), Jamal Gay, Zavion Navarro
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:31:51 PM by Flex »

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Senior Call up for Britto
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 01:54:27 PM »
I real like this man style... he bleeding real players so he's gonna have the best possible side... and we gonna have continuity.....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 02:07:45 PM »
yeah giving them a taste of senior action
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 02:45:35 PM »
The amount a "bleeding" that going on we better hope that people could still run 90 minutes when things get serious.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »
Where is Kahleem Hyland? Like he really in england banging on Portsmouth' door? I want to see if Atulla Guerra is all the hype some fella here boasting bout.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 03:26:05 PM »
One disadvantage of all this mixing and matching is it's impossible for players to get some sort of continuity and chemistry of playing together and a feel for understanding what each other is doing and anticipating what some players will do.  I realize & understand this is the "audition stage" of the qualifying process but my only concern is do we have the time to be auditioning so extensively?

I have nothing against auditioning and checking out young talent, but how realistic is it to have 16 year old Jerrel Britto in the mix when you already have the likes of Kenwyne Jones, Stern John, Jason Scotland, Scott Sealey, Darryl Roberts, Randi Patterson, and Jamal Gay already established or somewhat established at the striker position?

If Britto was a defender, a position where we have NEED, I could more readily understand the move.

Anyway....nice exposure for dis yute and maybe this selection is more about helping him to get the necessary national experience that will allow him to more readily get a professional contract outside than anything else.

Good luck to all of the selected players.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 03:27:53 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 03:33:38 PM »
One disadvantage of all this mixing and matching is it's impossible for players to get some sort of continuity and chemistry of playing together and a feel for understanding what each other is doing and anticipating what some players will do.  I realize & understand this is the "audition stage" of the qualifying process but my only concern is do we have the time to be auditioning so extensively?

I have nothing against auditioning and checking out young talent, but how realistic is it to have 16 year old Jerrel Britto in the mix when you already have the likes of Kenwyne Jones, Stern John, Jason Scotland, Scott Sealey, Darryl Roberts, Randi Patterson, and Jamal Gay already established or somewhat established at the striker position?

If Britto was a defender, a position where we have NEED, I could more readily understand the move.

Anyway....nice exposure for dis yute and maybe this selection is more about helping him to get the necessary national experience that will allow him to more readily get a professional contract outside than anything else.

Palos, to address yuh comment....I tink de man jes trying to make sure he explore every possible alternative, before de real action start.  I tink de Maturana boy done have ah idea when he goh close de doors to de selection process.  I personally feel dat de Britto boy is ah mad call.....but to each his own.  Unless he is some kinda Freddy Adu or someting (who still not ready for his national team), den I tink ah overseas selection would have been more lucrative.  Anyways, ah see wha de man doing.......I jes hope dat he make de right decisions when he making de final selection.  But kudos still to de Britto boy, because it should be an honor to be selected at that young and tender age
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:21:12 PM by kiffysmooth »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 03:41:56 PM »
You & palos should get ah job scouting, BC it seem's like allyuh have it all figured out. my whole out look on the matter is, yuh can't please trinidadians AT AAALLLL AT AAALLL  AT  AAALLLLLLL    !!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 03:46:53 PM »
no body aint they sayin they aint happy....................we just sayin it aint practical dais all

and kiffy that quote is from palos eh  :beermug:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 03:47:46 PM »
You & palos should get ah job scouting, BC it seem's like allyuh have it all figured out. my whole out look on the matter is, yuh can't please trinidadians AT AAALLLL AT AAALLL  AT  AAALLLLLLL    !!!

Yuh right padnah.  Who is me to be questionin a man dat tek teams to de World Cup and ting?  Everyting nice and right on schedule.  Thanks fuh puttin meh in meh place.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 03:49:38 PM »
palos is ah man go hate on oxygen because he find it doh smell sweet.

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 03:57:22 PM »
The amount a "bleeding" that going on we better hope that people could still run 90 minutes when things get serious.

As much as I dislike Wim and like Maturana, I have to agree with you.

Phew!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 04:34:52 PM »
We were all complaining that the U-17 were getting pushed around at youth world cup and admiring how the Columbian and German players were already competing with big men back in their local leagues.

Then we complain when El Salvador and Guadeloupe beat the U-15s that they too magga,, too slow to  be playing the ball into space, not facing physically tough enough opposition.

Now Britto, and these youths getting a chance to compete at a higher level and people vex. We don't even have an active, permanent U-17 coach, far less for a team picked right now. So we should just make Britto and them lo-lay on the sidelines?

Is Grenada we playing not Argentina.....Think not just about the immediate future but the intermediate and long term as well. 2 years from now in U-20 WC NOBODY will be breezing by Daniel Cyrus and Akeem Adams again, because they will have experience chasing down big horses playing in bigger leagues than PFL.

Realistically it will be difficult make 2010 anyway. But if we secure the future now we could still make 2010 World Cup and very well make the next 2. The problem with development is that it is not geared toward immediate gratification of the fans.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:39:57 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 04:48:23 PM »
Zandolie......point taken, but guess what?.....dis is preparation for 2010 world cup, not 2014.  It have odder age groups for dem brodders to play in, instead ah taking a more realistic man space.  I not saying de cyah, make de side....probably he might be ah nice super-sub by then....is not about pleasing de fans, but is about winning matches.  This selection process is not for "development" is for gelling.  So tink about it from dat perspective

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 05:31:32 PM »
ALyuh must think about it from a "CAPS" perspective.

All dem fellas get trial and couldn't sign due to lack of caps.

Every name that Maturana select young and have potential to fly out so give them caps and let the foreign clubs develop them.

When they prove themselves out there bring them back as the finished product.

But I feel he keeping this back 4 constant...Cupid,Thomas(Veteran),Hislop,Edwards/Adams. This is a bit of continuity here.

I want to see Connell, Forbes and Britto in action.

The midfield I glad Carter is back...remember he score against Costa Rica but was playing as a fwd then, I think he had a clue in the day.

Finally is Grenada we playing, I think we should get a practice game vs Vincy Heat too as they playing Joe public this week as well.

After Bermuda let Maturana axe all the non performers and drop all who ent ready to their respective age groups.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T senior team call-up for Britto.
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 05:45:58 PM »

As much as I dislike Wim and like Maturana, I have to agree with you.

Phew!

*jaw drops*

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 06:57:07 PM »
ALyuh must think about it from a "CAPS" perspective.

All dem fellas get trial and couldn't sign due to lack of caps.

Every name that Maturana select young and have potential to fly out so give them caps and let the foreign clubs develop them.

When they prove themselves out there bring them back as the finished product.

But I feel he keeping this back 4 constant...Cupid,Thomas(Veteran),Hislop,Edwards/Adams. This is a bit of continuity here.

I want to see Connell, Forbes and Britto in action.

The midfield I glad Carter is back...remember he score against Costa Rica but was playing as a fwd then, I think he had a clue in the day.

Finally is Grenada we playing, I think we should get a practice game vs Vincy Heat too as they playing Joe public this week as well.

After Bermuda let Maturana axe all the non performers and drop all who ent ready to their respective age groups.

That is a serious thing you talk deh. Gay will probably get signed by a lower league team l if he continues to get games. I suppose this will be good for his development and our long term standing in the confederation.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 07:37:31 PM »
i want to agree with touches on this one but what about richard roy? devon modeste? josimar belgrave?

dem is men who playing ball now and cud get contract too

all i sayin is d yute know he aint go play so although he go be in awe of havin national traing i think the men who traing should be challengin for a place

u feel jorsling thinkin he hada work hard in traing again? when he look around an is only yute men doin striker drills with him?
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 08:33:27 PM »
Tings nice oui on a roll bleed on
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 08:42:09 PM »

You like ah real wet blanket when you ready dred.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 11:32:14 PM »

Hmm how can I explain this ,when u explained it in your second paragraph with out knowing it .When the "qualifying process " starts and the english based returns ,the "continuity and chemistry" of these local based teams would be broken anyway ,not true ? . So what the harm in checking out our best prospects in the mean time .It was great the coach found a lost player in Forbes ,that impressed me and maybe he sees something special in Britto .Other ppl and yourself to answer the other parts of your post already .
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 11:35:00 PM by Quagmire »

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 11:54:41 PM »

Midnight, even though i usually like your posts, i had to log in to respond but doh take it personal.
why we trinis does always find something negative to say when tings looking good for we?  steups ..... this guy is looking for as much talent as he can.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 01:25:38 AM »

Midnight, even though i usually like your posts, i had to log in to respond but doh take it personal.
why we trinis does always find something negative to say when tings looking good for we?  steups ..... this guy is looking for as much talent as he can.

None taken.

It might seem apparent that I have a number of reservations about Maturana's selection policy, but I have also generally up to this point refused to openly voice them so as to avoid being the "wet blanket". It's been a while since my compatriots have been globally upbeat about the direction our football is heading, and trust me, I would be very happy to be wrong for my pessimism.

To be honest, my post was more a tongue in cheek comment on the use and misuse of the term "bleeding" by a number of posters and less a remark about said selection policy.

truetrini

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 05:42:00 AM »
Well I have to agree with Palos and MidKnight on this one.  Why not play men who more than likely WILL be on the team than jes run ah youth for de sake of ah run..if Bertille was de one up to he old tricks what allyuh woulda be saying.

I glad we have young talent, but I really doh see Britto being de type ah prodigy like ah Maradona or ah Norman Whiteside of Michael Owen...dat he go jes walk into the starting team come qualifiers.   so what is de real scene?  Like Maturana feel we have the spot locked up so he already grooming  players to replace older ones come 2010?

Why bring in players into positions where we already have an abundance of available talents and neglect de spots where we short..as Palos rightly questioned.

Maybe dey trying to give him CAPS, but ah thougth fuh ah youth player dat eh so important?

I hate f**king Wim, but Maturana making meh wonder boy.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 05:45:09 AM by truetrini »

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2008, 05:49:56 AM »
Maybe he finds it more effective to groom younger players, than it is to break the bad habits of our older players :-\
Live large and prosper!

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2008, 06:53:57 AM »
Maybe he finds it more effective to groom younger players, than it is to break the bad habits of our older players :-\

maybe...but he eh dey long enough to draw that conclusion, not to mention he eh see many players yet.  Let us hope he eh getting told what to do by Jack, because Sterna nd dem still in he arse fuh de WCup  money.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2008, 07:06:11 AM »

maybe...but he eh dey long enough to draw that conclusion, not to mention he eh see many players yet.  Let us hope he eh getting told what to do by Jack, because Sterna nd dem still in he arse fuh de WCup  money.

keep yuh self in check
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 07:07:58 AM »

keep yuh self in check

talking about check...since yuh head always up in Jack Warner bamsee, check and see if he eat corn last night.

steups

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2008, 08:14:34 AM »
Well I have to agree with Palos and MidKnight on this one.  Why not play men who more than likely WILL be on the team than jes run ah youth for de sake of ah run..if Bertille was de one up to he old tricks what allyuh woulda be saying.

I glad we have young talent, but I really doh see Britto being de type ah prodigy like ah Maradona or ah Norman Whiteside of Michael Owen...dat he go jes walk into the starting team come qualifiers.   so what is de real scene?  Like Maturana feel we have the spot locked up so he already grooming  players to replace older ones come 2010?

Why bring in players into positions where we already have an abundance of available talents and neglect de spots where we short..as Palos rightly questioned.

Maybe dey trying to give him CAPS, but ah thougth fuh ah youth player dat eh so important?

I hate f**king Wim, but Maturana making meh wonder boy.

TT I thoght one of your biggest complaints bot Wim was that he was only out for himself and did not care bout the development of TnT football and player development?
So why now the problem with Maturana giving some of these kids a look see?  If these are not the games for them to get a run, I cant think of a better time, the games will only get more and more important as we get closer to 2010.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 08:25:02 AM »

maybe...but he eh dey long enough to draw that conclusion, not to mention he eh see many players yet.  Let us hope he eh getting told what to do by Jack, because Sterna nd dem still in he arse fuh de WCup  money.

keep yuh self in check

talking about check...since yuh head always up in Jack Warner bamsee, check and see if he eat corn last night.
steups

Just when I start to say "Whey Truetrini making a turn around boy, nobody get no serious lick up in this thread.  He even say Wim and not Wimp..."   ;D

Anyway....
All this set of speculation on this forum...somebody cyah get to Fuentes and tell him to find out from Mats what is the real scene ?  Mats and/or TTFF could say what the policy is.

While men assuming he grooming the youths, how come he ent groom them in the U20 and U23 teams.  The way men in this forum does talk about them youths is like they is the best thing since slice bread, but yet still we cyah reach anywhere in international competitions in the lower age brackets.  Reaching last year U17 WC was by the grace of God and we see what happen with the youths over there.  Even the U15s get licks home right here.  Half of them youths make the senior team before they play 5 games with the junior teams.  I don't know if them Grenadians will care whether the man is 15 yrs or 30yrs old...them coming with real blade, cause is WCQ season.

Men speculating that he blooding youths for long term...but then he come and throw Anton Pierre in the mix.  Anton Pierre  ??? :o   When last he make the NT ?  Ent he should be in his 30s by now ?

Right now I wondering if is because we so starved for talent that any player who had a good intercol season getting a chance on the NT, simply because he has potential.  I for one was not impressed with Jamal Gay against El Salvador.  Gone are the days when you earn your call up to the NT, having already developed your skills.  Now is like the NT is a training ground, where you could develop yuhself.  Are we rushing these players ?  And like I said before...we the paying public have to fork out we $100 to see the experiment first hand.  Why they cyah charge a $30 and full the stands.  I doh mind paying that to see the experimental side.

To say that is only Grenada, so is alright if we use the youths in that game, what kinda message we sending to the public, the youths, the Grenada NT and their public.  Why we doh organise for the youths to play PFLteams, US/Honduras/Costa Rica/Mexico U20s or U17s.  Those are the teams they will have to face up with later.  Telling them that they good enough to face a Grenada senior team now...but come WCQ they will have to take a back seat cause the 1st team already worked out....I doh know boy...ah jus doh know.

Me no coach, but I just think that whether I agree with the strategy or not, it would sit down better with me if I know what the policy for selection is beforehand.

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>