April 27, 2024, 12:35:39 PM

Author Topic: FRESHMAN INDOOR CHAMP TURNS PRO!  (Read 2425 times)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
FRESHMAN INDOOR CHAMP TURNS PRO!
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:56:06 PM »
How about INDOOR 200m NCAA champ Knight of TX going PRO reportedly for 300k

AS A FRESHMAN!

WTF!

Track real change boy

Developing.....
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FRESHMAN INDOOR CHAMP TURNS PRO!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 06:24:44 PM »

AS A FRESHMAN!

WTF!

Track real change boy

Developing.....

Yuh real late ah say that in the next thread already........lol ;D

As a selfish fan I would have liked to see her stay on for the entire outdoor season, but if the price was right who am I to say no. She is versatile at all 3 sprints, which is going to help her greatly. Ms.Felix is untouchable for now, but the rest of the girls like Sanya, better have they stuff ready, or else she will take their spot.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 04:25:03 AM »

AS A FRESHMAN!

WTF!

Track real change boy

Developing.....

Sounds stupid for true! What, she thing she going to beat Sanya, Felix, VC, SS, Kerron S, Rachel Smith-Boone, etc? And this is only the 200m. In the 100m, add KAB, LW, the young Bulgarian Junior champ, Jeter, a ton of other yanks, ex-Soviets and Jakans and 1 Brit.  Not sure its a smart move at all.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 07:20:49 AM »
That's one side of the coin, but on the other hand she has to look out for herself. If the shoe company is going to pay for your tuition, I really don't see the need to stay and she is also trying to put herself in the best position to make the olympic team. Because of her versatility, her average college meet might look like this, 100,200, 4x1, 4x4, and with a schedule like that I don't know how much energy she would have have left for and olympic trials, against people who would be fresh.

Allyson Felix, Lashawn Merritt, Wariner, Sanya, X-Man all ended their collegiate careesr early and i can't really say that things have gone downhill for any of them.

P.S. Ato do you know if BK is staying with Bev or will she be changing coaches?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 07:35:15 AM by Aviator »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 07:42:18 AM »
Almost sure she will be leaving no one stays with BEV pro....and yes I saw it in another thread but it needs its own thread....
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 07:48:36 AM »
Almost sure she will be leaving no one stays with BEV pro....and yes I saw it in another thread but it needs its own thread....

True, true. Do you know who will be that lucky coach ??? ???

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 06:00:02 PM »

Ridgeland sprinter Knight turns pro

Four-time Mississippi Miss Track and Field ends college career to focus on Olympics

Rod Walker • rwalker@clarionledger.com • March 19, 2008

Ask Bianca Knight about the biggest adjustment going from Ridgeland High to the University of Texas, and she'll give you this simple answer:

Advertisement
"Balancing classwork and running."

Now, the 19-year old sprinter will have to get used to balancing a checkbook as well.

The Texas freshman has given up her collegiate eligibility to run professionally after signing Monday with agent Mark Wetmore of Boston-based Global Athletics & Marketing, Inc.

"The plan all along was for Bianca to run one year of college to get some experience running against collegiate runners and being away from home, and grow up a little bit," said mother Annie Knight, Bianca's mother. "She kinda exceeded expectations, so it wasn't really a reason to stay. In a small period of time, she left her mark in college."

The decision came less than a week after Knight won the 200 meter title at the NCAA Indoor Track and Field championships in a time of 22.4 seconds - the second fastest time ever by an American runner .

Knight plans to remain in school, but will forgo the NCAA's outdoor season to prepare for this summer's Olympics in Beijing. The Olympic Trials begin in June in Eugene, Ore.

"The plan is to make the Olympic team," said Knight. "That was the whole reason for me to come out. I didn't think my body was going to be able to take going through a conference championship and the national championship and then regroup in time for the Olympic Trials just a week-and-a-half later. I decided to come out so I can focus on the Olympic team."

Knight, named Mississippi's Miss Track and Field by The Clarion-Ledger an unprecedented four consecutive years, says her blazing time last week helped make her decision easy.

Knights' time of 22.4 is second only to three-time Olympic gold medalist Gwen Torrence (22.33 in 1996). She also replaced Olympian Sanya Richards' time of 22.49 at the top of the 200 in the UT record books.

"I decided right after the meet was over," said Knight. "I was surprised by how well I ran, but judging how everybody else ran I knew that is what is was going to take to win it."

Wetmore, who also represents Tyson Gay, Trell Kimmons of Coldwater and former Jackson State standout Michael Tinsley, will begin negotiating a deal for Knight. Track professionals make the bulk of their salaries from sponsorships from shoe companies.

According to Annie Knight, Nike and adidas are making their bids. Wetmore couldn't be reached via telephone, but responded through e-mail about the possible financial side of Knight's decision.

"Bianca is at the very beginning of a long and prosperous career," Wetmore said in an e-mail. "There will be plenty of time to think about the financial aspects."

Knight wouldn't say how much she expects to make. In 2003, Allyson Felix, a highly-touted 17-year-old sprinter from Los Angeles signed a six-year, six-figure contract with adidas,

"All I know is that I'm going to be OK," said Knight. "...Anybody can go back and look at all the articles from high school in The Clarion-Ledger or The Madison County Herald and at some point in the conversation, I always talked about turning pro. It's like a dream come true."

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 07:40:25 PM »
brown went straight out ah high school into the pros i think
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 04:28:07 PM »
What's the name of the ex South Carolina woman ... fmr NCAA champ ah think ... left college early ... was @ Penn's ... think she runs the quarter.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 05:01:19 PM »
Natasha Hastings whose family is close with the HISLOPS of TNT. One of my picks for the US team this year.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 09:35:20 AM »
Thx. Wasn't aware of the local connection.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 10:29:57 AM »
Look Bianca Knight 200m race here ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ilnza_22o
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 10:35:05 AM »
2008 NCAA Indoor Women's 60-meter Final

baptiste vs knight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GaF0561KEE&feature=related

these commentators bout they bias

1]; } ?>