March 28, 2024, 10:41:46 PM

Author Topic: Stern cops 'player of the year' award.  (Read 7410 times)

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern cops 'player of the year' award.
« on: April 23, 2008, 02:30:27 PM »
Stern cops 'player of the year' award.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Trinidad and Tobago English-based striker Stern John was celebrated by his Southampton Club as he was named the club’s Player of the Year and also received the Goal of the Season Award at the club’s Player Awards ceremony on Tuesday night.

John’s superb goal against Stoke was one of two efforts he had on the Goal of the Season short-list, sponsored by Weatherhills. Also in line for Season awards are Sunderland's Kenwyne Jones, Swansea City's Jason Scotland and Walsall's Clayton Ince.

“One of the most anticipated awards is always the Players' Player of the Season, sponsored by Parkhouse, where players get to find out what their team-mates really think of them! This years' 'Best in Show' went to Stern John who picked up his second trophy of the night.

The Trinidad and Tobago striker's impressive haul of 17 league goals have shown him to be a sound investment following his countryman Kenwyne Jones' move up to Sunderland,” a statement from the Southampton club.

“It came somewhat of a surprise to me but I think it was fitting and special in many regards because we’ve had a hard season and when players pay  tribute to you in this way by selecting you as their best player, it says a lot and brings a lot of personal satisfaction to you,”John told TTFF Media.

“The goal award was also special. I had two goals in the final five and I felt I had some my better goals at this club so the award was a deserved one. I will still like to get to twenty with two games left in the season. But right now the main focus is to go all out and win the next two matches and make sure we don’t have to worry about where we will be playing next season. We face the league leaders West Brom next and this is going to be a massive one for the club,” John said.

John, expected in the country in mid-May, is backing head coach Francisco Maturana to get the best possible team ready for the friendly against England on June 1 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, as well as the back to back 2010 World Cup qualifiers against Bermuda on June 15 and 22.

“I think what he (Maturana) is doing is trying to set the right foundation for the team and at this time it’s not too late. I think he knows what sort of quality he has already in some of the players based outside and right now he’s trying to prepare a base of local players to ensure that we have good depth in the squad. It is important that the players involved now get all the support especially for the games like the one coming up against Grenada.

These are good games for the younger players because this is how you get the experience that will enable you to push on more against the higher ranked teams like a Mexico or USA. Of course we need to be playing bigger teams in the friendlies as well and that’s where the likes of a Jamaica comes on. The England game will be an important one for us because it gives us a chance to test our level at this time before the bigger qualifiers come around,” John added.

The evening’s proceedings was rounded off  by a charity auction with all proceeds going to help Saints in the Community. Fans from boxes 22 and 24 bid £1,100 for a match-worn pair of  John's boots.

The current T&T team will continue preparations on this week leading up to Sunday’s friendly against Grenada at the Marvin Lee Stadium from 6pm. French-based striker Kevaughn Connell will join the team on Thursday hoping to make his senior international debut on Sunday. Grenada, preparing for World Cup qualifiers against Costa Rica in June, will arrive in the country on Friday.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 06:25:50 PM by Flex »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: STERN COPS 'PLAYER OF THE YEAR' AWARD
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 02:47:09 PM »
Is it me or do you think Stern John should just get call up to help the youths in the squad. He's too old to start right now with kenwyne, Scotland and the youth in the lineup right now

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 02:52:41 PM »
allyuh men good yes

wa u mean call up to help? yuh fell d ttff movin on wim and fancy ? and southhampton aint have nuttin goin on in the league?

anyways congrats to stern on a good season

golden boot

gola of the year

player of the year

a natural hattrick
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 02:54:07 PM »
Is it me or do you think Stern John should just get call up to help the youths in the squad. He's too old to start right now with kenwyne, Scotland and the youth in the lineup right now

Too old? Well he could be around till Jesus come and scoring goals...I want him on the field. Congrats Stern!!! Lovely  :beermug:

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 02:54:36 PM »
cheers Bravo....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 02:56:32 PM »
it had a thread hear title 'Stern is de worst ting in ah tugs'.

Well de tugs just fetch ah cool 1,100 pounds.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 02:57:21 PM »
it had a thread hear title 'Stern is de worst ting in ah tugs'.

Well de tugs just fetch ah cool 1,100 pounds.
:rotfl:
well congrats stern, hope yuh continue bussin up de net for T&T
Back in Trini...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 02:58:17 PM »
Did the Swansea and Sunderland PLayer of the Year votes happen yet?

We could be looking at three T&T strikers at 3 different levels of English fooball winning POY...not bad

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 03:22:34 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: Well done.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 03:30:10 PM »
Well done Stern
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 03:34:09 PM »
He won the Players' Player of the Year Award, voted on by his teammates. The Fans' Player of the Year Award went to defender Andrew Davies.

He a next one like Scotty who could score a setta goals and still get no love from fans. Look man in dis same thread looking to retire him.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 03:44:15 PM »
Well done Stern...and more impressively, well said  :beermug:

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 03:57:39 PM »
Congrats on your achievement Bravo!  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 04:09:19 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 04:13:04 PM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 04:27:47 PM »
Congrats and well done Stern.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »
He won the Players' Player of the Year Award, voted on by his teammates. The Fans' Player of the Year Award went to defender Andrew Davies.

He a next one like Scotty who could score a setta goals and still get no love from fans. Look man in dis same thread looking to retire him.

ent? Well done Stern but the work ent done yet...3 more to go.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 05:11:23 PM »
Congrats and big up
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 06:03:08 PM »
Congrats Stern  :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern cops 'player of the year' award.
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 06:57:48 PM »
Big Up Stern :beermug:..finish the season with a bang  :beermug:

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 07:17:31 PM »
congrats stern job well done :applause:

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 07:58:59 PM »

allyuh realise is disgruntled boots d man signing
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 07:42:10 AM »

Too old? Well he could be around till Jesus come and scoring goals...I want him on the field. Congrats Stern!!! Lovely  :beermug:

Kingman

Kingman, well said family  :applause:, ah doh even have tuh read any more posts on dis thread, cuz yuh 2 lines say it all, nothing tuh add  :beermug:. Congrats Stern"bound tuh score" John.

Eh you fool (he know himself) read and keep yuh azz quiet, we players dominating all over de damn place. Like I said before, Trinidad &Tobago is de best. We have de best soccer players in CONCACAF, we have de best soca artist (Montano), de best cricketer (Lara), we have de sweetest ladies in de Caribbean, dat does compete wid de world and beat dem 2.Yuh cud Check we Miss universe and Miss world record.

De men from T&T, we cud go anywhere in de world and get girls of all nationalities, cuz we good like dat, seen, should I go on, ok. We had de most educated prime minister in de Caribbean (Eric Williams) and badmen or gangster, we have dat 2, just visit Morvant, San Juan, Laventille, Belmont, south Florida, New York, just tuh name a few. T&T wam tuh some fool round here on we forum? Tell dem tuh tighten up yuh know. Wam tuh dem?  HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 07:51:53 AM »

allyuh realise is disgruntled boots d man signing

Look at meh boi well dressed in suit nah man. Yuh make ah big man smile in front ah de computer and feel real proud of meh lil island called Trinidad &Tobago. May de man above bless T&T. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »
Congrats to the best ever T&T goal scorer.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 09:46:10 AM »

Kingman

Kingman, well said family  :applause:, ah doh even have tuh read any more posts on dis thread, cuz yuh 2 lines say it all, nothing tuh add  :beermug:. Congrats Stern"bound tuh score" John.

Eh you fool (he know himself) read and keep yuh azz quiet, we players dominating all over de damn place. Like I said before, Trinidad &Tobago is de best. We have de best soccer players in CONCACAF, we have de best soca artist (Montano), de best cricketer (Lara), we have de sweetest ladies in de Caribbean, dat does compete wid de world and beat dem 2.Yuh cud Check we Miss universe and Miss world record.

De men from T&T, we cud go anywhere in de world and get girls of all nationalities, cuz we good like dat, seen, should I go on, ok. We had de most educated prime minister in de Caribbean (Eric Williams) and badmen or gangster, we have dat 2, just visit Morvant, San Juan, Laventille, Belmont, south Florida, New York, just tuh name a few. T&T wam tuh some fool round here on we forum? Tell dem tuh tighten up yuh know. Wam tuh dem?  HIGHLY BLESSED.

Stern detractors geh Supa hot, geh on Supa, geh on!! :beermug:
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 09:51:39 AM »
Big to Stern! Well done.

Hopefully Southampton could push on and get out of relegation trouble.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 10:10:37 AM »
Stern has come quite a long way...from Columbus Crew and now here at Saints.....

Well done Half Slab !!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 10:47:15 AM »
Congrats Stern.... De man is just a goal machine...
Curious to know people's opinion..
If KJ stayed with Sthampton, do you think he would have scored as many or more goals, and vice versa, if Stern stayed with Sunlun???
Personally I do not think KJ would have scored as much....As for Stern in EPL... undecided

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 11:07:20 AM »
Congrats Bravo....well done.. :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

look how man like Disgruntled  go be on suicide watch... :D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 02:36:10 PM »
Well Done "Bravo"
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>