April 24, 2024, 04:17:19 AM

Author Topic: Dr Keith Rowley Thread.  (Read 119498 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well know that I see it.  Amen the the lady didn't let her go through with it.  If this is as far as it went.  I ain't really seeing the big deal.  I thought the Oman all on the door kissing feet and thing.   She was overwhelmed with the honor, lost it but was saved as the PM she is expected to keep it together in said capacity but Rowley should chill on this one. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
this would have been a disgrace.........it was fortunate that the president saw that kamla was a neverCcomeC and stopped her..........these people have no kinna diplomatic training
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:37:50 PM by Agent Jack Bauer »

truetrini

Well know that I see it.  Amen the the lady didn't let her go through with it.  If this is as far as it went.  I ain't really seeing the big deal.  I thought the Oman all on the door kissing feet and thing.   She was overwhelmed with the honor, lost it but was saved as the PM she is expected to keep it together in said capacity but Rowley should chill on this one. 

Please!
 this is one more symptom of a sick government

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Dr Keith Rowley Thread.
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2012, 10:27:48 AM »
 Rowley Vote Of No Confidence

I was just listening to hew on i95.5FM leader of the opposition said he is giving notice to Parliament  to table a vote of know confidence in the PM of Trinidad & Tobago after the carnival .

So after the carnival people is more mas get ready .

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:07:20 AM by Flex »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rowley Vote Of No Confidence
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2012, 10:40:02 AM »
I cant help but notice it seems as like everything is going wrong in Trinbago ,the integrity commission is 

in shambles can you believe this the integrity commission  that says a lot  ,the TTFF in shambles  ,

petrotrin going on strike by saturday and the soap opera goes on when will it stop.

truetrini

« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2012, 10:46:11 AM »
That motion getting squashed early in the voting with only the PNM voting  no confidence.   Political shenanigans...dais all.

NOW....if the COP really have integrity and really want to be a power player in T&T politics, and if Rowley's timing is perfect..den jes maybe..BUH doh hold yuh breath!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:49:23 AM by truetrini SC »

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2012, 11:09:22 AM »
Breds in this country i am not holding my breath for that bunch of heart less criminals not me .

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2012, 07:53:58 AM »
Gross incompetence

Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Gross_incompetence-139413828.html
By Ria Taitt Political Editor
February 16, 2012

Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley has filed a motion of no confidence in Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

Making the announcement yesterday at a news conference at his Charles Street, Port of Spain office, Rowley stated: "We have had enough. So this morning I have filed in the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago a motion of no confidence in the Prime Minister. I have asked the Parliament through the relevant Standing Order to make provision for this matter to be debated at the earliest possible opportunity. Under the regulations this motion requires a 12-day notice period and takes priority over all other business. When the Carnival is conducted and is over, on behalf of the people of Trinidad and Tobago, the Opposition goes to the Parliament to conduct the nation's business by moving a vote of no confidence."

The motion which is all embracing refers to the Prime Minister's "gross incompetence", the Government failure to stimulate the economy as well as the inability to effectively manage officers under the control of the Prime Minister.

"The population has had enough of the experience of maladministration in governance and we need to call the Government to order," he said, adding that the no-confidence motion was not about the actual votes cast, but about what is said during the debate. The Government has 29 votes against the PNM's 12.

The last time a motion of confidence was filed it was done by then-opposition leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar and in the attempt to avoid debate on it, the then-prime minister Patrick Manning called the May 2010 election and lost.

Rowley challenged the veracity of Attorney General Anand Ramlogan's statement that he had no control over the Anti Corruption Investigations Bureau, which raided the Newsday offices and the home of journalist Andre Bagoo last week.

"You can believe nothing that the Attorney General says," the Opposition Leader said.

He quoted extensively from newspaper articles in which the Attorney General announced on August 13, 2010 that he had appointed a team of lawyers to work in conjunction with the ACIB to unearth corruption at University of Trinidad and Tobago, Petrotrin, T&TEC, SPORTT and e-tecK.

He also quoted Ramlogan as saying in the newspapers on November 17, 2010 that he "gave instructions" and "mandated the ACIB to probe the operations at the URP".

Rowley said the UNC gave the country the understanding in 2008 that it would remove the ACIB from under the Attorney General office. He said Ramlogan failed to do so and instead entrenched the office. Rowley said now that the ACIB has done something which had not found favour with the vast majority of the people of Trinidad and Tobago, Ramlogan was not only running from it, but was seeking to invoke the name of former attorney general Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj to ascribe blame.

He noted Ramlogan stated that it was always a matter of concern to him that Maharaj had set up this body to compile files on his own political colleagues.

"Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj has not been Attorney General for the last 12 years," Rowley said. He said based on all these facts, why should the country believe the Attorney General when he says he had no knowledge of what the ACIB was up to in a matter of ferreting out corruption in the juicy state of the Integrity Commission.

Rowley said he wanted to tell Police Commissioner Dwayne Gibbs "I told you so. If you allow your office to be used for political expediency, they would hang you out to dry".

Rowley said the same thing happened in the State of Emergency and with the alleged plot to assassinate the Prime Minister, in which the Government got the Police to do certain things and at the end of the day when all the persons had to be released for lack of evidence, the Police were left to take the blame.

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »
this clown juss looking for some attention. Manning was in the news recently and he get jealous.

we win and doing what we want. there's nothing this clown and the haters can do about it. swallow and move the fack on to the next load.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2012, 02:00:58 PM »
Mal jeux what are you saying the opposition leader do not have the evidence to move this motion, he might not get the backings but he have all the right to do this .

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2012, 03:16:09 PM »
Mal jeux what are you saying the opposition leader do not have the evidence to move this motion, he might not get the backings but he have all the right to do this .
The 'assassination plot' alone was enough to warrant this action.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2012, 03:28:22 PM »
I still want to know if they catch the "Big" fish and what kinda fish it was

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »
this clown juss looking for some attention. Manning was in the news recently and he get jealous.

we win and doing what we want. there's nothing this clown and the haters can do about it. swallow and move the fack on to the next load.

hhhhhhmmmm........so as much as PNMites does not want the rest of us to know it, there is a Rowley vs. Manning faction.......hhhhhhmmmm how is that working out for the PNM??  Ah mean it probably doesn't mean much since all the party has to do is sit back and allow these PP idiots to self destruct and de PNM back inside......but would have anything fundamental changed about the party??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2012, 10:53:10 PM »
Mal Jeux , tell me something, when you say we win what you really mean? I am trying to understand what you are saying  before I comment more on this topic . 

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #134 on: February 29, 2012, 06:21:04 AM »
'Bunch of hypocrites'

Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/_Bunch_of_hypocrites_-140821243.html
By Louis B Homer
February 29, 2012

OPPOSITION Leader Dr Keith Rowley has said that the purpose of the no-confidence motion to be debated in Parliament on Friday was not to "buss any mark", but to speak about Government misconduct since assuming office.

Rowley also scoffed at a statement made by Congress of the People (COP) political leader Prakash Ramadhar that the no-confidence motion was dangerous, and that he should resign if the motion did not succeed.

Speaking on Monday night at a public meeting at the New Jerusalem Baptist Church at Enterprise, Chaguanas, Rowley described the COP as a "bunch of hypocrites".

He said, "those against the motion are driven by self-preservation and are (pandering to) those in authority to protect their jobs. The motion is in my name and I will take responsibility for it. What will be important in the debate will be the questions that I will be putting to the Government to answer."

He criticised members of the United National Congress who have called on him to resign if the motion is defeated. "That is foolishness. The UNC had debated several no-confidence motions against the PNM and all failed. Did anybody resign? And in 2010 Kamla Persad-Bissessar, then leader of the Opposition, had failed in her bid to have a no-confidence motion passed. Did she resign?"

Rowley was asked by a member of the audience whether the party was mobilising supporters to travel to Port of Spain to listen to the debate, to which he replied: "Stay at home and watch your television or listen to the radio. The party is not mobilising anyone to come to Port of Spain."

He advised his supporters to "pay attention to what is happening in the country and learn how the Government is conducting the affairs of the country".

Rowley took issue with some "intellectuals" who said the motion is a waste of time. "Those people do not understand what a vote of no-confidence is all about. The professional class is failing the people of Trinidad and Tobago, and that includes teachers at the universities. They need to learn and understand what a vote of no-confidence is all about."

He also chided the newspapers for wasting time and valuable print on the issue. He said, "Don't waste your time to print foolishness. What they (the media) should be doing instead is to ask the cabal to answer the questions that will be put to (Government).

Rowley said he was not concerned with who will support the motion. "What I know is that every member of the Opposition PNM will be voting in favour of the motion."

One Opposition Member of Parliament who will be absent is Patrick Manning, who is at a hospital in Washington, DC, USA, undergoing treatment for a recent stroke.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #135 on: February 29, 2012, 06:22:14 AM »
Ramesh: No need for Rowley to resign

Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Ramesh__No_need_for_Rowley_to_resign-140821193.html
By Ria Taitt Political Editor
February 29, 2012

Nonsense.

That's how former attorney general and former chief whip Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj has described the assertion by several Government spokesmen that Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley must resign if the no-confidence motion he filed against Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar is defeated in the House of Representatives on Friday.

"A no-confidence motion is an important weapon which an Opposition has in order to make the Government account," he said.

Maharaj said the United National Congress (UNC) while in Opposition filed several no-confidence motions from 1991.

"And we knew when we filed those motions that they were not going to succeed because the government always has the majority. But it (the filing of such a motion) is a means of making the government account in respect of every matter which an opposition believes that the government has lost confidence because of the actions or inaction of the prime minister," he said.

Maharaj said in the last Parliament (2007-2010) when he filed a no-confidence motion against former prime minister Patrick Manning on the issue of UDeCOTT, it was agreed at the caucus "at which the current Prime Minister and Roodal Moonilal and others in the current government were present, that the motion would not succeed. Nobody had to resign because the purpose of filing it was ... to put pressure on the government to account and justify its actions and for the population to assess the government."

Various Government ministers such as Suruj Rambachan, Fuad Khan and Stephen Cadiz have stated that if the motion is defeated by a majority of votes, the mover of the motion should resign.

Since 1991, there have been 12 motions of no confidence, though most of them were not voted on and some were not even debated.

In 1992, there was a no-confidence motion against the then minister of health over the salmonella poisoning incident in which a number of St Ann's patients died. It was never debated. In the same year, Panday filed a motion against then House speaker Occah Seapaul. That too was not debated.

In 1994, Panday filed a motion against Manning. The motion was defeated.

In 1995 the then leader of government business, Ken Valley, filed a motion against Seapaul. After two days, the debate was aborted when Seapaul was put under house arrest and a bill passed to removed her from office.

In 1996, Rowley filed a motion against then agriculture minister Reeza Mohammed. The motion was defeated.

In 2001, Valley filed a motion against Panday. It was not debated and was removed from the Order Paper.

In 2002, then Pointe-a-Pierre MP Gillian Lucky filed a motion against national security minister, Howard Chin Lee, and in the Senate in the same year, former senator Robin Montano filed a motion against then Senate president Dr Linda Baboolal. Neither went to a vote.

In 2008, Maharaj filed a motion against Manning. It was during that debate that Manning announced the Commission of Enquiry into UDeCOTT.

In 2009, Persad-Bissessar filed a motion against then finance minister Karen Nunez-Tesheira and in the same year, the Siparia MP filed a motion against then attorney general John Jeremie.

In 2010, Persad-Bissessar, then opposition leader, filed a motion against Manning. The Parliament was dissolved midnight Thursday, April, 2010, hours before the debate was due to start.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 29, 2012, 06:51:03 AM »

Dey ketch dat Big Fish since last September. It was profiled on Crime Watch.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/z39CUa7VPuU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/z39CUa7VPuU</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 29, 2012, 10:04:23 AM »
Di Big fish Have been Caught !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mi hear sey him name Machel Montano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 29, 2012, 11:47:50 AM »

Dey ketch dat Big Fish since last September. It was profiled on Crime Watch.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/z39CUa7VPuU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/z39CUa7VPuU</a>
Eh tallman, dis one had meh rolling, nice find.  :rotfl:

PS: is he really related to ian allayne?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:52:22 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #139 on: February 29, 2012, 05:43:22 PM »
So people, if the vote is 29 - 12 we good,  we can see is straight opposition for and government against.   If it come back 27 - 14, that and all could be normal, but if it come back 28 -13 who allyuh go feel it is that vote with de opposition from de government side?

The obvious answer go be Jack Warner ..right?   And since is a secret vote...look out for a possible set up.

I just saying!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 29, 2012, 06:03:32 PM »
So people, if the vote is 29 - 12 we good,  we can see is straight opposition for and government against.   If it come back 27 - 14, that and all could be normal, but if it come back 28 -13 who allyuh go feel it is that vote with de opposition from de government side?

The obvious answer go be Jack Warner ..right?   And since is a secret vote...look out for a possible set up.

I just saying!

29-11. Manning not there.

I not taking it on as such....those so called new politics and ethical persons know when to toe the line and too power hungry to do anything else.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2012, 07:57:39 AM »

Fixin' T&T

« on: February 28, 2012, 01:46:30 PM »

Fixin' T&T

The Motion of No Confidence to be debated in our Parliament on Friday 2nd March, 2012 is a significant occurrence in the life of any government and by extension country. FIXIN' T&T views this as an exceptional opportunity, in the interest of Good Governance, to bring clarity and full disclosure to the people of Trinidad & Tobago on the following issues:

APPOINTMENTS:
 1) Who was ultimately and directly responsible for the appointment of
 the vastly unqualified Reshmi Ramnarine to Director of an organization
 critical to the national security of Trinidad & Tobago?

2) What was the transparent process used to appoint the new CEO of
 WASA?

3) How does someone holding a position of Director in a major
 financial institution at the time of its collapse become a Government
 Minister in Trinidad & Tobago?

4) Why was the painfully flawed process inherited from the previous
 administration to select a Commissioner and Deputy Commissioners of Police
 continued?

5) What was the process used by the Minister of Transport to engage
 the services of new legal counsel at the Port Authority?

6) What are the criteria for appointments to State Boards, management
 positions in State Agencies and Diplomatic Posts? Can the
 resumes/qualifications of all persons occupying these positions be
 immediately made available online for public consumption?

Minister Jack Warner:
 1) Why was Mr Warner allowed to maintain his position at FIFA after
 being sworn in as a Government Minister?

2) Why was Mr Warner allowed to continue his ministerial role after
 leaving FIFA amid corruption allegations?

3) Why has the government not insisted that Mr Warner obey an order by
 the courts of Trinidad & Tobago to provide audited accounts for the TTFF ?

4) Why has the government not insisted that Mr Warner provide
 irrefutable evidence that monies received by the TTFF from FIFA and the
 Korean Football Federation for earthquake ravished Haiti, was actually
 delivered to the Federation of Haitian Football? This in light of the fact
 that the TTFF has confirmed receipt of the funds which it stated was
 deposited to an account under Mr Warner's control.

5) Was Mr Warner's personal lawyer awarded significant million dollar
 legal briefs by two state agencies which fall under his ministry? If so,
 how could this be right?

6) Why is the internationally discredited Jack Warner still a
 Government Minister?

Procurement:
 1) What is the status of the Attorney General's investigation into the
 controversial NP contract involving the Gopaul's? What, if any, are his
 findings?

2) Why the rush to award mega projects like the rapid rail and
 Invader's Bay before the new procurement legislation is enacted?

3) When can we expect the promised Procurement Legislation to be a
 reality?

4) How many of the ninety one recommendations of the Uff Commission of
 Inquiry have been implemented?

State of Emergency (SoE):
 1) Our Constitution dictates that our citizens be provided a specific
 reason for the declaration of a SoE. Kindly take this opportunity to
 provide same.

2) Who provided the legal advice to the government on the SoE?

3) Was there meaningful consultation with the leaders of our protective
 services prior to the declaration of the SoE? If so, over what
 period...weeks, days, hours, minutes?

4) Who provided the legal advice to the police on arresting and
 charging persons in the face of little or no evidence?

5) Was there any attempt to verify the veracity of the information on
 the alleged plot to assassinate the Prime Minister and three Government
 Ministers before a decision was taken to go public? On what basis was
 sixteen persons detained?

Moving Forward (To all of Our Representatives):
 1) When will we collectively address in earnest our social ills of
 illiteracy, poverty, HIV Aids, health care and safety & security?

2) When will Constitutional Reform become a reality?

3) What will you do now as our representatives to ensure that our
 institutions (Police, DPP, Judiciary, EMA, Media, BIR, etc) become strong,
 truly independent and free from political interference?

As people elected to represent us, it remains our expectation that you put
 Country First

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2012, 09:28:17 AM »
Expect it to be a full attack on Rowley and frequent use of the phrase..."the PNM govt..."

:frustrated:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2012, 11:58:48 AM »
Expect it to be a full attack on Rowley and frequent use of the phrase..."the PNM govt..."

:frustrated:

Yea but if dey did not run up and down like some headless chicken nobody woulda study Kiethos and he motion. But by runnin scared they give traction 2 this Motion.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2012, 12:21:06 PM »
I now come back from de barber dey and my mother tell me Reshmi Ramnarine change she name and get a next big wuk?  ???

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2012, 12:26:19 PM »
I now come back from de barber dey and my mother tell me Reshmi Ramnarine change she name and get a next big wuk?  ???
what ?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2012, 12:29:38 PM »
what ?

I asking! Apparently she change she name via deed poll and get a contract job in some next govt office.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 02, 2012, 12:37:24 PM »
Yep, the new name is Sasha Reckmah

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2012, 12:40:11 PM »
I asking! Apparently she change she name via deed poll and get a contract job in some next govt office.

NFW!!!... :D
dat hadda be robber talk
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2012, 12:41:44 PM »
Yep, the new name is Sasha Reckmah

She go hadda change dat again!

And I hear (yet to be totally confirmed) Anand Ramlogan asking people on facebook if dey know of any PNM person who ever change dey name.. :banginghead:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:44:29 PM by Bourbon »

1]; } ?>