March 28, 2024, 02:38:29 AM

Author Topic: Dr Keith Rowley Thread.  (Read 118670 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Governance under the Rowley Administration
« Reply #330 on: September 15, 2015, 07:53:16 PM »
Ever notice that when the UNC want to really dig into Rowley and the PNM they use a certain type of surrogate to carry out the attack? What does Jack Warner, Vernella Toppin, Rodney Charles and Marcia Braveboy all have in common? They are all...

Damn Ugly

The ethnicity of the attack dog seems pointed too... either to preempt cries of racism, or to rub salt in the wound by the ironic use.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 16, 2015, 08:11:25 AM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 17, 2015, 04:13:29 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/photos/a.10150137684225610.332278.377693645609/10153586872025610/?type=1

Cabinet has approved appointments to three major state boards. Former Independent Senator Helen Drayton will serve as Chairman of a new board which will oversee the operations of CNMG/GISL. While former Chief Operating Officer of the ANSA McAL Group, Gerry Brooks, has been appointed as the new Chairman of NGC. Andrew Jupiter a Professor of Petroleum Studies at UWI has been appointed as the new chairman of Petrotrin.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 17, 2015, 04:14:55 PM »

CONFIRMED: T&T’s 2015-2016 Budget will be presented in Parliament on Monday, 5th October at 1:30 PM.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 17, 2015, 09:15:53 PM »

FORMER attorney general Bridgid Annisette- George will be the Government’s nominee for the post of Speaker of the House of Representatives, Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley confirmed to Newsday on Friday.

Speaking moments after the inauguration of the new Cabinet, Rowley said, “The Speaker is going to be Bridgid Annisette- George, that is our offering to the Parliament

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dr Keith Rowley Thread.
« Reply #335 on: September 20, 2015, 09:47:19 AM »
PM to give first month’s salary to Balisier House

Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley will donate his “entire” first month’s salary to the Balisier Fund.

This fund is for the reconstruction of Balisier House.

The announcement was made by Rowley at the People’s National Movement’s (PNM) Eighth General Council meeting at Balisier House, Port-of-Spain, yesterday

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-09-20/pm-give-first-month’s-salary-balisier-house

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 23, 2015, 01:49:56 PM »

Banned from the House, Dr Rowley returns as Prime Minister
... He was suspended by those now in Opposition

On the night of May 6, 2015, then Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley was suspended from the House of Representatives after Kamla Persad-Bissessar and her government used its simple majority to pass a motion to suspend him on the basis of his emailgate claims.

When Dr Rowley walks into the Parliament chamber this afternoon, he returns as Prime Minister and the woman who led the no-confidence motions against him will be on the opposite side, with some of the members who voted him out.

All attention will turn to Parliament at Tower D, international Waterfront, Port of Spain at 1.30p.m for the historic event.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150923/news/banned-from-the-house-dr-rowley-returns-as-prime-minister

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:57:06 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 23, 2015, 01:51:20 PM »

Prime Minister announces a Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving

http://www.looptt.com/content/prime-minister-announces-day-prayer-and-thanksgiving

Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley has invited all members of the public to join in the launch of a Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving, which will take place at the Grand Stand, Queen’s Park Savannah on Republic Day from 9 am.

A release from the President's office says a cross section of the country’s religious leaders will join the National Steel Symphony Orchestra, the Lydians and others, in celebrating 39 years of Republican Status, a strong democracy illustrated by peaceful transitions of governments over the years, the richness of our diversity and the prosperity we have enjoyed.

"Nationals of all faiths are encouraged to pray, individually or together, for peace and harmony in the Nation, and for guidance for its leaders to steer the ship of State on a path of progress, for the benefit of all our people," the release said.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 23, 2015, 06:22:13 PM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 23, 2015, 06:30:08 PM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 24, 2015, 10:49:34 AM »

Prime Minister announces a Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving

http://www.looptt.com/content/prime-minister-announces-day-prayer-and-thanksgiving

Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley has invited all members of the public to join in the launch of a Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving, which will take place at the Grand Stand, Queen’s Park Savannah on Republic Day from 9 am.

A release from the President's office says a cross section of the country’s religious leaders will join the National Steel Symphony Orchestra, the Lydians and others, in celebrating 39 years of Republican Status, a strong democracy illustrated by peaceful transitions of governments over the years, the richness of our diversity and the prosperity we have enjoyed.

"Nationals of all faiths are encouraged to pray, individually or together, for peace and harmony in the Nation, and for guidance for its leaders to steer the ship of State on a path of progress, for the benefit of all our people," the release said.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 06:50:06 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 24, 2015, 10:55:54 AM »

PRIME MINISTER DR KEITH ROWLEY'S REPUBLIC DAY MESSAGE

The following has been submitted by the Office of the Prime Minister:

"Fellow citizens of Trinidad and Tobago

Today we celebrate the 39th anniversary of our country’s Republican Status.

Simply put, today we recognise and commemorate that historic day on 1st August 1976 when we, as an Independent Nation, took that defining decision that we no longer owed allegiance to the Queen of England; but rather that we had attained the maturity and confidence to fully govern ourselves through our own Head of State, the President, nominated from the citizenry.

We celebrate the holiday annually on the 24th September, as that was the date in 1976 of the first meeting of Parliament under the new Republican Constitution.

Governed by our Republican Constitution, Trinidad and Tobago subscribes to a body of rules and principles which ensures that all citizens regardless of race, sex religion, political or other opinion, status or birth enjoy fundamental human rights and freedoms.

Equally as important, our Constitution created various Service Commissions and an Integrity Commission to facilitate impartiality, correctness, decency and morality in public affairs.

I say to you today that my Government will bring to this nation accountable, responsive, transparent, equitable and efficient governance.

In moving forward, every citizen of this Nation will become inspired to do what is right, what is necessary and what is in the best interest of our communities and our country.

Our onward journey may be dotted by a few challenges. But let us trust in that same acumen, determination and self-assurance which guided us to embrace a Republican status, to lead us to even greater achievements and success.

I give you my commitment that I and the members of my government, working closely with you, will use our expertise and experience, to put Trinidad and Tobago on a path to real transformation, growth and peace.

On this, the occasion of Republic Day 2015, let us all accept the responsibility we have as citizens to our nation and re-commit to building an even stronger Trinidad and Tobago.

It is with this understanding that I make a call to the entire nation to designate and observe this Republic Day as a day of Thanksgiving and prayer, as we continue to ask God’s blessings on all the people of Trinidad and Tobago.

I wish you all a very happy and safe Republic Day.

May God continue to bless us all and may God bless our Nation."

https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/photos/a.270658877995.143179.126206357995/10153658460447996/?type=3

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 24, 2015, 10:56:54 AM »

PRIME MINISTER DR KEITH ROWLEY'S REPUBLIC DAY MESSAGE

The following has been submitted by the Office of the Prime Minister:

"Fellow citizens of Trinidad and Tobago

Today we celebrate the 39th anniversary of our country’s Republican Status.

Simply put, today we recognise and commemorate that historic day on 1st August 1976 when we, as an Independent Nation, took that defining decision that we no longer owed allegiance to the Queen of England; but rather that we had attained the maturity and confidence to fully govern ourselves through our own Head of State, the President, nominated from the citizenry.

We celebrate the holiday annually on the 24th September, as that was the date in 1976 of the first meeting of Parliament under the new Republican Constitution.

Governed by our Republican Constitution, Trinidad and Tobago subscribes to a body of rules and principles which ensures that all citizens regardless of race, sex religion, political or other opinion, status or birth enjoy fundamental human rights and freedoms.

Equally as important, our Constitution created various Service Commissions and an Integrity Commission to facilitate impartiality, correctness, decency and morality in public affairs.

I say to you today that my Government will bring to this nation accountable, responsive, transparent, equitable and efficient governance.

In moving forward, every citizen of this Nation will become inspired to do what is right, what is necessary and what is in the best interest of our communities and our country.

Our onward journey may be dotted by a few challenges. But let us trust in that same acumen, determination and self-assurance which guided us to embrace a Republican status, to lead us to even greater achievements and success.

I give you my commitment that I and the members of my government, working closely with you, will use our expertise and experience, to put Trinidad and Tobago on a path to real transformation, growth and peace.

On this, the occasion of Republic Day 2015, let us all accept the responsibility we have as citizens to our nation and re-commit to building an even stronger Trinidad and Tobago.

It is with this understanding that I make a call to the entire nation to designate and observe this Republic Day as a day of Thanksgiving and prayer, as we continue to ask God’s blessings on all the people of Trinidad and Tobago.

I wish you all a very happy and safe Republic Day.

May God continue to bless us all and may God bless our Nation."

https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/photos/a.270658877995.143179.126206357995/10153658460447996/?type=3

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 25, 2015, 04:01:48 AM »
So Hinds is not anti Indian,and doesn't have a $14,000,000 mansion,I have been reading the Express for the last 10 or 12 years,and I seem to recall all the points made to be true,some I can clearly remember,some are vague,but I certainly don't think it's garbage.I hope the new government carries on the good work the UNC started,especially in the rural areas,the places that the PNM didn't know existed,lastly TBH Rowley is not the right man to head the PNM,and if he is the best,then that tells a story.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 25, 2015, 05:26:42 AM »
So Frico, in your honest opinion, give it to we straight. We are mature people. election done. Who is the right person to lead the PNM?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 25, 2015, 06:13:23 AM »
So Frico, in your honest opinion, give it to we straight. We are mature people. election done. Who is the right person to lead the PNM?

You bothering with Frico? His anti-India remark reminds me of some of these UNC people who have been promoting UNC propaganda on facebook in many of those UNC groups.

Since they lost elections many of them finally came out and said how they really felt and I am glad that they did so we now know the mentality of many of the UNC people we are dealing with.

Many of them seem to have forgotten that there are many many Afro-Trinis who support the UNC and many many Indo-Trinis who support the PNM which is a reflection of T&T as a multi-cultural nation.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:25:20 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 25, 2015, 09:11:25 AM »

Photos of the recent meeting of T&T and Venezuelan functionaries. Unless I'm mistaken, the reception of the Venezuelan Minister of Foreign Affairs constitutes the new PM's first meeting with a foreign government at this level.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 25, 2015, 09:13:48 AM »

Watch Frico tell yuh Sat Maharaj  :)

Yuh aint see how the man so focused on race.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 25, 2015, 09:19:16 AM »
frico is ah card carryin racist from long time  best to ignore him and he shit
I pity the fool....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 26, 2015, 03:06:46 PM »
I eh like Kamla but since September 7 elections it have 30 murders in T&T, if this continue Rowley go make Kamla look like a f00cking queen.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 26, 2015, 03:45:06 PM »
I eh like Kamla but since September 7 elections it have 30 murders in T&T, if this continue Rowley go make Kamla look like a f00cking queen.
yes that is very true. but according to a friend of mine the guardian is a pro unc media outlet and according to him they have been guilty of under recording murder stats as well as some police high officials under the unc government. it is inconceivable to think that a government who hasn't gotten their feet fully in the water has in any way made an impact to the extent as to affect the crime situation. it will take at least six months of pnm policy to even see the smallest of changes, and this spike in crime in my opinion is purely accidental or politically motivated.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 26, 2015, 05:38:43 PM »

There were 297 murders up until Election Day; I made a note of it via the T&T crime stats website at www.ttcrime.com/stats.php.  This website is not politically influenced like some of our T&T newspapers and has been reporting the real murder figures for the past 10 plus years.

So since elections there have been an additional 26 murders to take the total to 323 for the year so far. Now there were 250 days in the year up until Sept.7th which puts the murder rate at approx.1.2 murders per day.

Since then there have been 26 additional murders over last 20 days since PNM won the elections which works out at almost the same rate, 1.3 murders per day which is fractionally more that the 1.2 murders per day as it was all year before the PNM got voted in.

As the President and the new Minister of National Security recently said let’s stop playing politics with the murder figures as it’s the lives of our T&T citizens we are dealing with.

Once the PNM takes serious measures to close back our borders from guns, drugs and human trafficking along with other social measures to create more long term jobs within the poorer communities in T&T then we will start to see a drop in the murder rate. And making those required changes will not be achieved overnight as it will take some time to implement and will need the support of the next budget by the new Finance Minister.

I also think a gun amnesty period of two weeks should also help where folks are encouraged to hand in all illegal guns and ammunition at various locations around T&T with no questions asked.

Thereafter the army should do a systematic house by house sweep of the country for illegal guns and ammunition with no households being spared; Any illegal weapons should be seized with the owner of the property being given a possible 5 years of prison time for housing illegal weapons on their property regardless of how high up in society they may be.

This house by house sweep of the country for weapons should be accompanied by a simultaneous closing of our porous borders to guns, drugs and human trafficking.

Once this operation has been completed our murder rate should at least be halved.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 06:07:16 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 26, 2015, 07:20:21 PM »
Thereafter the army should do a systematic house by house sweep of the country for illegal guns and ammunition with no households being spared; Any illegal weapons should be seized with the owner of the property being given a possible 5 years of prison time for housing illegal weapons on their property regardless of how high up in society they may be.
Are you serious? Are you asking for another State of Emergency?

The Police need warrants to search people's homes. Warrants get issued by the court. If you want soldiers searching houses, you are talking about emergency powers.

Frankly that is a terrible idea.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 26, 2015, 09:45:52 PM »

The Police need warrants to search people's homes. Warrants get issued by the court. If you want soldiers searching houses, you are talking about emergency powers.

If it will save lives and get illegal weapons off the streets then it is a brilliant idea as far as I am concerned.
Don't forget it should be done right after we have a 2 weeks guns amnesty to allow the public to hand in illegal weapons and ammunition with no questions asked.

If a SoE needs to be called to allow the cleanup operation to take place then one should be called but I don't think a SoE is necessary.

We have to do something drastic to get all these weapons off the streets as T&T borders have been left open to everything over the past 5 years. Praying alone isn't going to help us and save us from the criminal elements.

Currently at least 1 person is murdered every single day in T&T so understand that every day you wake up at least 1 person in T&T is going to be murdered. Let’s not wait until it is someone we know to realise that we need to do something drastic to remove all the illegal weapons from the streets.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 09:57:43 PM by Socapro »

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 27, 2015, 06:48:22 AM »

If it will save lives and get illegal weapons off the streets then it is a brilliant idea as far as I am concerned.
Don't forget it should be done right after we have a 2 weeks guns amnesty to allow the public to hand in illegal weapons and ammunition with no questions asked.

If a SoE needs to be called to allow the cleanup operation to take place then one should be called but I don't think a SoE is necessary.

We have to do something drastic to get all these weapons off the streets as T&T borders have been left open to everything over the past 5 years. Praying alone isn't going to help us and save us from the criminal elements.

Currently at least 1 person is murdered every single day in T&T so understand that every day you wake up at least 1 person in T&T is going to be murdered. Let’s not wait until it is someone we know to realise that we need to do something drastic to remove all the illegal weapons from the streets.

The concept of a gun amnesty is based on the premise that persons in possession of illegal firearms actually want to relinquish possession of such but fear the legal consequences of doing so. If one wanted to get rid of an illegal firearm then nothing is stopping him/her from flinging it in the ocean or dumping it somewhere - completely anonymous...no questions asked. With maybe a few exceptions, persons who possess illegal firearms do so to engage in criminal activity and they do so with impunity......in this country (with the system of policing as currently obtains) there appears to many to be no disincentive to crime ; crime pays and the risk of being caught is minimal. For such people the benefits of having the firearm far outweigh  the risks involved.
If a gun amnesty is to work then maybe a financial  incentive should be offered because not going to jail is not an incentive; they are already not in jail. However,quite understandably,  the idea of using taxpayers money to "reward" criminals probably wouldn't be well received by many.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 07:09:45 AM by Michael-j »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 27, 2015, 08:00:06 AM »

The concept of a gun amnesty is based on the premise that persons in possession of illegal firearms actually want to relinquish possession of such but fear the legal consequences of doing so. If one wanted to get rid of an illegal firearm then nothing is stopping him/her from flinging it in the ocean or dumping it somewhere - completely anonymous...no questions asked. With maybe a few exceptions, persons who possess illegal firearms do so to engage in criminal activity and they do so with impunity......in this country (with the system of policing as currently obtains) there appears to many to be no disincentive to crime ; crime pays and the risk of being caught is minimal. For such people the benefits of having the firearm far outweigh  the risks involved.
If a gun amnesty is to work then maybe a financial  incentive should be offered because not going to jail is not an incentive; they are already not in jail. However,quite understandably,  the idea of using taxpayers money to "reward" criminals probably wouldn't be well received by many.

The incentive to hand in the 1000's of ILLEGALLY owned guns & ammunition is that once the gun amnesty period is over then the police and army will do a systematic sweep of all areas in the T&T and anyone found with ILLEGAL guns & ammunition on their property will have to serve an automatic 5 years minimum prison term.

So no need to pay any criminals to hand in their illegal weapons that have been contributing to the high murder toll. If they are smart they will rid of their illegal weapons and ammunition to avoid a minimum 5 year prison term. In addition if the ILLEGAL weapons found on their property is detected to have been involved in any crime or murder then the person who's property they were found on will be liable to get many more years added to their minimum 5 year prison term that can work out to be a life sentence in instances where the weapon(s) are detected to have been used in any murders.

My idea will work in helping to dramatically slash the number of annual murders but the government and Minister of National Security will just need to have the belly to do it and the general population will have to be willing to temporarily put up with the inconvenience.

In the case of a SoE having to be implemented while the sweep of the country is taking place, the BIG FISHES around T&T who bring in the guns, ammunition and drugs and who also engage in human trafficking will have to be taken out of operation at the same time or the SoE will be totally pointless.

PS:
Maybe I will have to start a separate thread on this topic of workable ideas to help reduce crime and murders in T&T.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:59:15 AM by Socapro »

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 27, 2015, 06:17:10 PM »

Brother, that is almost word for word the rationale claimed by Kamla/the PP for the 2011 state of emergency/curfew and objectives they claimed, including rounding up gang members under the anti-gang leglislation and seizing 100+ firearms.

And if you're suggesting extra-judicial home searches by the state, you most certainly are advocating for a state of emergency or some kind of suspension of civil rights to accomplish that.

You're rehashing a failed and widely criticized tactic employed by the last government.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 27, 2015, 07:49:10 PM »

Brother, that is almost word for word the rationale claimed by Kamla/the PP for the 2011 state of emergency/curfew and objectives they claimed, including rounding up gang members under the anti-gang leglislation and seizing 100+ firearms.

And if you're suggesting extra-judicial home searches by the state, you most certainly are advocating for a state of emergency or some kind of suspension of civil rights to accomplish that.

You're rehashing a failed and widely criticized tactic employed by the last government.

So Breds, I don't want to criticize you for you beliefs. But the amount of unsolved murders in TT don't prick your consciousness. 90% of the murders are Afro TT killing one another. That don't bother you. You see it as the norm. Breds I from EDR. As rough as it was growing up there 3 decades ago, it was not a violent place with vicious people as there is now. I will not accept that as the norm. Never. If they have to put the army up for the next 5 years. Then .... By any means necessary.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 27, 2015, 09:36:53 PM »
So Breds, I don't want to criticize you for you beliefs. But the amount of unsolved murders in TT don't prick your consciousness. 90% of the murders are Afro TT killing one another. That don't bother you. You see it as the norm. Breds I from EDR. As rough as it was growing up there 3 decades ago, it was not a violent place with vicious people as there is now. I will not accept that as the norm. Never. If they have to put the army up for the next 5 years. Then .... By any means necessary.
When did I say it was normal, or it didn't bother me? I never said that. I specifically responded to the idea of house to house searches across the country, and another SOE.

Crime in T&T is at an epedemic level, especially the murder rate in depressed areas. However, simply giving emergency powers to the police/army is a flawed idea. The police should not need emergency powers to investigate murders. We have a ridiculous solve rate for homicides (it's less than 20%), and an across the board low prosecution rate for all crimes. This isn't due to police not being to go into people's homes and take guns away, that's a breakdown in the investigative abilities of the police, witness tampering, faith in the police service by the public, the court system, and other factors. The state of emergency does not fix that.

The anti-gang legislation which still doesn't have a successful prosecution was by all accounts vaguely written and largely enforceable. The last SOE that picked up hundreds of "gang members" resulted in 0 convinctions under that act because the law was/is flawed. Another SOE ain't gonna fix the legislation.

On the topic of guns and the porous border, it has been suggested that the majority of the drug trade (and infiltration of guns) come through legal ports. By all means we need to better equip the coast guard, but we need to address the legal ports (POS, Point Lisas, Chaguaramas, etc.). The guns from the 1990 coup came through the ports. When that man Mark Small was arrested for trying to get guns in Florida a few years back, he was planning to ship them in a container. You don't need a SOE to overhaul and flush the port systems.

Also, with regards to the fact that it's mostly black youths killing black youths, we definitely need a new approach on dealing with poverty and the social issues that cause these kids to join gangs and turn away from society. We have generations of afro-Trinis that now are going through this cycle of violence, but a SOE isn't going to be the tool to trying to alleviate poverty and fix some of the social issues there.

Lastly, soldiers aren't trained for policing civilians. They're largely trained to shoot and kill, and humanitarian work. Our new national security minister said that himself during a PNM town hall. Soldiers, as equipped as they are, aren't the people trained to be searching houses and collecting evidence that can actually be prosecuted in a court of law. That's not their role, that's the police's job. We need to fix the police service from the ground up, not give up all our civil rights and hope for a hail mary pass.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 27, 2015, 11:16:17 PM »

Nope!!

Kamla and her cabal government were not serious about catching the BIG fish as they were probably financers of her party. Their dismantling of SAUTT as soon as they came into power in  2010 with nothing to replace it clearly signals that the UNC government were trying to keep the folks who deal with importing weapons and drugs into T&T happy.

I am not advocating for an SoE but just for the removal of all the illegal guns and ammunition currently in the hands of criminal elements and on the streets of T&T that came into the country over the last 5 years.

Locking up and trying to criminalize INNOCENT Black youths like the UNC/PP government did is not part of my solution and what I outlined WILL save lives and lead to the murder toll for the year at least being halved.

In addition once we take out the BIG Fish (which the UNC had no intension of doing to its financers) serious crime and murders will fall drastically because there will be no BIG fish to put new imported weapons back in the hands of the criminal elements and gangs once all the illegal weapons are cleared from the streets.

The only persons who will be against this plan are those who have an interest in seeing serious crime and the high murder rate in T&T continue as it currently is and it will inevitably get worse if we don't do something drastic now.

Again the SoE plan did not work with the UNC because they had no intension of making it work by catching the BIG fish who might have been some of their financers.

What is good about my plan is that the sweep after the gun amnesty will be of all areas of T&T and not just the so called "hot spots" and poorer areas so there will be no discrimination or perceived discrimination taking place during the illegal weapons eradication operation.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:42:56 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>