March 28, 2024, 05:28:51 PM

Author Topic: Dr Keith Rowley Thread.  (Read 118704 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dr Keith Rowley Thread.
« on: April 23, 2008, 05:33:30 PM »
Trouble in d PNM. Apperently he is d Panday of d cabinet d leader of d opposition especially Calder Hart. D cabinet and MP'S learn from d press like d rest of us. Drama in d PNM
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: ROWLEY SACK
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 05:39:52 PM »

when people saying fire what they mean...from his ministerial post or all pnm posts?
So he is an independent MP?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 05:45:44 PM »
I just heard on TV6. Fire means he is sacked from the cabinet. He will remain a Member of Parliament.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 05:47:08 PM »
is it asking too much for you'll to give a little more info.

sacked for what?

by whom?

under what circumstances

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 05:47:33 PM »
 :o :o
wow...waiting to hear more about this!
Back in Trini...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 05:54:15 PM »
de rott on de loose.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 05:58:13 PM »
We don't have any other information.

There talk that it is because of the long-standing rift between he and Patos. Some speculate it is because Rowley won't toe the line. All we have is speculation. He is holding a meeting with constituents as I type. There will be an interview with the media shortly after.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 06:56:43 PM »
Hmmm nothing about T&T politics could surprise me yes

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 08:23:22 PM »

It had people by the constituency office...it look like a wake  lol

Other speculation is that he disagreed with building a hotel on Princess Building Grounds.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 08:26:48 PM »
Rowley ask for greater Cabinet oversight of the operations of UDECOTT  and Manning fire him. So he claims. He says that Manning told him that he has done something wrong and needs to be disciplined. Manning refuse to say what he had actually done wrong. He says that members of the Cabinet framed him, which is the reason for the bacchanal with the integrity commission.

He says that he asked some questions about a 16 room hotel to be built somewhere in town.

It's clear that Rowley will attempt to usurp Manning as leader of the party in the next PNM elections.

Whether or not Rowley telling 100% truth in not clear. But Manning bounce he head on this one for sure.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 08:29:59 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 08:30:17 PM »
Did not tink I had 2 read and spell he cyah fire fro being a MP just so. He would have 2 cross d floor and den d PNM have 2 get rid of him. So is as a cabinet minister. He have a problem with d UDECOTT man and Manning get fed up so he gone. He say he still in d PNM and will continue 2 represent he constituents
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 08:34:37 PM »
He cabinet colleagues frame him. Dat I find hard 2 believe. Everybody except Valley supported Manning so all he colleagues supported him so which cabinet it cyah b d present cabinet.

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 08:38:15 PM »
He cabinet colleagues frame him. Dat I find hard 2 believe. Everybody except Valley supported Manning so all he colleagues supported him so which cabinet it cyah b d present cabinet.

Yuh eh believe Lincoln and yuh eh believe Rowley.

I support Manning over de odder two goats Dooks and Panday, but he too damn high handed and vindictive when he ready. Must be de new found religion?

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 08:44:52 PM »
Come on Mr Manning the man ask what did he do for you to fire him  he deserve and answer , yuh kah crit-ah-cize jack and operate like

he . lets practice Demoracy here .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 08:49:47 PM »
Boy Manning eh like too much democracy when yuh criticizing he.....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 10:02:38 PM »
Rowley mouth was movin when he said dem words yuh still cyah post a link with LP sayin bout d incident. I eh see LP on cnc3, gayelle, tv6, c, ncc, win ietv, acts, ibn but I watch cnc3 tonight and Rowley was heard sayin it but again I might b hearin voices 2

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 10:10:33 PM »
Rowley mouth was movin when he said dem words yuh still cyah post a link with LP sayin bout d incident. I eh see LP on cnc3, gayelle, tv6, c, ncc, win ietv, acts, ibn but I watch cnc3 tonight and Rowley was heard sayin it but again I might b hearin voices 2

But de ting is eh yuh eh believe Rowley

[/b]

Nad because LP eh say nutten publicly that makes it untrue?

If that is yuh theory then Manning go lie and Rowley tell de trute.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 10:18:16 PM »
Boy Manning eh like too much democracy when yuh criticizing he.....

Ah doe knoe why..but he sounding like you.... ;D....alright TT ah promise to behave.....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 11:55:28 PM »
I find dat hard 2 belive vs it did not happen is there a difference?

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 05:46:22 AM »
I find dat hard 2 belive vs it did not happen is there a difference?

eh...your high school was called a high school because it was on ah hill or what?

steups

what DOTISHNESS yuh coming with?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 06:12:44 AM »
Now the Gladiator saying (from credible sources) that five PNM reps goan cross the floor forcing a General Election, all Ministers phones tapped and there's an elected rep who deposited 100 million in an off-shore account.

There is also speculation that Imbert and Valley are the next on the list to go (fired).

Papa yo.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 06:30:41 AM »
Now the Gladiator saying (from credible sources) that five PNM reps goan cross the floor forcing a General Election, all Ministers phones tapped and there's an elected rep who deposited 100 million in an off-shore account.

There is also speculation that Imbert and Valley are the next on the list to go (fired).

Papa yo.

Sometimes i does think that is a oxymoron. Buh anything possible.
Guardian Story here

Barely six months into his new Government, Prime Minister Patrick Manning yesterday morning “fired” one of his few senior front-line Ministers—Diego Martin West MP Keith Rowley who was replaced as Trade and Industry Minister effective immediately.

Rowley has followed in the “footsteps” of his Trade predecessor Ken Valley, the former Diego Martin Central MP, who was axed for the November election.

Valley later accused Manning of having “dictatorial tendencies.”

Rowley said yesterday that he felt he could not voice his views on certain undertakings of the Urban Development Company of T&T (Udecott).

Rowley, who said he was fired around mid-morning yesterday, added that he was replaced after objecting to “certain things” Udecott was doing with project construction at the Princes Building grounds where the Performing Arts Building is being built.

“The Prime Minister summoned me yesterday and said he was revoking my appointment,” Rowley said.

“I thanked him for the opportunity to have served in the Cabinet.”

Rowley immediately began occupying a seat with other PNM backbenchers—behind Opposition UNC MPs—in the House of Representatives yesterday afternoon.

Rowley first confirmed that he had been fired in a note to the Guardian around 2.10 pm during yesterday’s House sitting after he took up the backbench seat.

‘I was fired’

Asked why he was sitting on the backbench alongside PNM backbenchers Anthony Roberts and Indra Sinanan-Ojah-Maharaj, Rowley replied: “It is the only available seat on the backbench for a non-minister of government...”

Replying to a second note, Rowley stated: “No. I have not resigned, I have been fired.”

Three hours later, further confirmation on the situation came from the office of the Prime Minister.

The Prime Minister’s office stated that Manning yesterday advised President George Maxwell Richards to revoke Rowley’s appointment as Trade and Industry Minister.

The office stated that Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister Dr Lenny Saith has been appointed the new Minister of Trade “in place of Dr Rowley.”

Saith is a long-standing and trusted ally of Manning and has filled in when ministers, such as Larry Achong resigned from Cabinet or are absent.

The statement added: “The new arrangement will ensure that Government’s programmes continue without interruption since Dr Saith had been chairing a number of Government’s committee and with his vast experience, continuity is assured.”

Manning waved to reporters, declining comment on the situation after yesterday’s House sitting.

‘I couldn’t voice my views’

Rowley told the Guardian he was fired because he had objected to certain things Udecott was doing.

“The Prime Minister summoned me to his office this morning (Wednesday) and the Prime Minister took objection to me objecting to the situation and he fired me,” he said.

“It is my understanding that certain things were going on there with hotel construction—with Udecott—that I didn’t agree with...I expressed disagreement.

“The Prime Minister called me in at mid- morning.

“In fact, he called me in twice and he said he intended to revoke my appointment.”

Rowley said the hotel construction move by Udecott was news to him and other ministers.

He said he could not tolerate the situation and took strong objection to Udecott pursuing that direction on the project.

Rowley said as a member of the Government, he could not voice his objection and felt he was not entitled to share his views.

When he was fired, Rowley said he expressed his view to Manning and “he expressed his.”

Rowley said he had taken up a seat on the backbench since “I’m now a backbencher.”

He said he would be staying in the PNM.

“The party has done nothing to me,” he said.

“It didn’t appoint me to Cabinet, the PM did and he chose to fire me.”

Rowley said he would be speaking out on his feelings “in due course.”

Other Government sources said the issue arose after last Monday’s weekly Finance and General Purposes Committee meeting attended by ministers and chaired by Lenny Saith.

Manning left T&T that day.

They said Rowley raised the issue of the Udecott project and the construction of a 60-room hotel on the Princes Building grounds where the Performing Arts Centre is being built.

“Rowley had some uncomplimentary comments on the situation and about Udecott’s head Calder Hart...this has been brewing for some time,” sources claimed.

Last September, the Integrity Commission wrote Rowley, noting it was analysing new information that Rowley had provided in a letter of August 2007.

The commission stated it had decided to “investigate circumstances which gave rise to your assertion that certain procedural issues pertaining to the tender evaluation process were subject of wrongdoing.”

The commission’s letter noted that Rowley, in April 2003, had indicated that a high- ranking Udecott official had approached him with a request that Rowley meet with a failed bidder for the award of the contract for the construction of the Customs building.

The commission appointed its director of investigations to investigate the issue.

Last Friday, Rowley first occupied a backbench seat in Parliament briefly while Health Minister Jerry Narace used his seat.

His “firing” yesterday eclipsed yesterday’s Parliament debate.

Knowing Manning.....he get challenged. I wonder how important this will be in the party elections later this year.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 06:53:03 AM »

Rowley, Penelope, Fitzgerald and Colm didn't support Manning

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 06:56:43 AM »

Papa yo.

Toppa, Valley gone since last election

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 07:04:38 AM »

Papa yo.

Toppa, Valley gone since last election

I misspoke... :D

Ah think they more mean "leave the party".

Valley still in the party, right?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:06:35 AM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 07:29:28 AM »

Rowley, Penelope, Fitzgerald and Colm didn't support Manning

And lets count how many have ministerial portfolios....hmm...only colm now. Penny get de speaker wuk...albeit with a cut in pay.
Most if not all stay within the party...just sidelined by Manning. As with many people......i not a manning fan. Unless rowley and some others make a serious attempt to take the political leader position in the convention....he go be unchecked. I doh kno if this might hurt Manning's chances in the long term...buh....longest rope have an end.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:32:09 AM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 07:31:02 AM »
Allyuh tune in to Soca 91.9 now...The Gladiator.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 08:13:41 AM »
 ... and things stable politically ent? Consider this a rhetorical question.

truetrini

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 08:50:32 AM »
... and things stable politically ent? Consider this a rhetorical question.

and this does not happen in England and in the USA?

Yes it is politically stable.  we have a democratic process and it will work as it usually does.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 09:10:44 AM »

I more surprised he get axe after Valley.
Somebody was behind that Integrity Commission drama but time will tell.

I doubt it going and have any setta major fall out with other MPs/ministers....dat is just hype.

1]; } ?>