April 24, 2024, 08:06:25 AM

Author Topic: Dr Keith Rowley Thread.  (Read 119507 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Re: Manning: Rowley stole $10m.
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2008, 08:13:46 AM »
Why it iz ah tief always accusin other people bout tiefin .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2008, 08:34:49 AM »
U neva hear d kaiso a tief eh like 2 c a tief wit a bag. Cyah remember who sing it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2008, 08:35:16 AM »
Ah hope Manning iz prepared for that global crisis that Trinbago iz about to face ,or he would be sorry .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: ROWLEY SACK/PNM officials fear Manning, Rowley rift getting wider
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2008, 01:26:05 PM »
The HDC is an agency of the Ministry of Housing. My little knowledge of how the Public Sector Investment Programme works is the agencies of any ministry would make a submission of planned projects for the year and request funds to actually carry out those projects. They usually don't get as much as they request but in the case of the HDC or UTT for instance they will get what they want. Anyway, HDC like other agencies operate with great autonomy. The Minister while bearing ultimate responsibility for the Ministry and all its agencies would likely have nothing to do with any variation of a contract as this is an agreement between the Contractor and HDC. Rowley should be lower down in the pecking order of blame if any should be attributed.

Garcia is the fella they should be asking questions.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2008, 05:53:26 PM »
D Minister is a figure head if dey was so impt when it was 18-18 d Public Service would have shut down. Ministers come Ministers go and tings continue running.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2008, 11:05:36 PM »
D Minister is a figure head if dey was so impt when it was 18-18 d Public Service would have shut down. Ministers come Ministers go and tings continue running.

So the PM is also a figure head?  Classroom teachers are also figure heads?  Steups.  The Minister is the HEAD, the CEO of the repesctive ministeries and are important as far as policy etc.

Simple analogy, why is there such a VAST difference between Hunt and the last 5 ministers of sport.

oh gosh boy.  Hard headed in trute.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2008, 11:18:04 PM »
Hunt is so different from Boynes and d TTFF get dey big fat check. Change u can blieve in. Minister eh no CEO dem does get ting done. In any Ministry some lil clerk could sabotage a programme and what d Min could do not squat.

D only Min dat behaved like a CEO was Raphel he get d Nurses fired 4 burning d baby. But I hard headed educate a cow like me how Hunt so different from Boynes.

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2008, 11:53:45 PM »
Hunt is so different from Boynes and d TTFF get dey big fat check. Change u can blieve in. Minister eh no CEO dem does get ting done. In any Ministry some lil clerk could sabotage a programme and what d Min could do not squat.

D only Min dat behaved like a CEO was Raphel he get d Nurses fired 4 burning d baby. But I hard headed educate a cow like me how Hunt so different from Boynes.

Last I heard was that the TTFF did not receive the renumeration from the Ministry becasue they did not provide an audit of their books for 2006-07.  secondly, if Ministers are figure heads why does Hunt have to approve the payments to the TTFF?  Why some low level clerk eh already make the payments?

It is true that a ministry can be operational without a Minister, but someone has to lead in the interim.   If that were not so then we have no use for our constitution, and parliamentary rule.  Our constitution clearly gives the Ministers power over their Ministeries and further clearly defines their responsibilities!

it is also true that a low level clerk could possibly do damage to a Ministry.  The same is true for low level employees in any organization!

Please remember that the hounarable Minister of National security is under fire for perceived poor performance, why is that so/  why isn't the PM in that Ministry held to the fire?  or maybe some low level clerk, since they seem to have such power in your myopic and cataracted eyes!

without a doubt, ministers are accountable for the work done by their ministeries and they MUST report to parliament.

But you know better since you teach Constitutional law in Trinidad.

steups

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2008, 12:27:29 AM »
Well u heard wrongggggggggggg and u compare d Minister 2 a CEO. Hunt could approve but d lowly clerk who filing she nails can delay d printin d check so d TTFF go have 2 wait. D Minister eh have 2 approve d payment he prepares d cabinet note 2 take 2 cabinet and d cabinet approve then a cabinet minute is approve. Boynes cabinet note did not seek d brown package 4 d WC but that is whta we end up wit that is because what cabinet approve.

D PS leads the Min he/she is the Chief Accounting Officer. When Bhoe Tewarie was appt Min of Trade d man could not read a Balance Sheet as he told us in class but he in charge ah d Ministry. D PS took him by the hand d PS runs d Ministry not d Minister.

Dey report 2 parliament wow and our Parliamentary system so effective. Ministries so effective dat is y they set up SPORTT because the efficiency of the Min of Sport was so gr8.

Yeah constitutional law is only 1 of the tings I am an expert in.

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2008, 09:49:33 AM »
Well u heard wrongggggggggggg and u compare d Minister 2 a CEO. Hunt could approve but d lowly clerk who filing she nails can delay d printin d check so d TTFF go have 2 wait. D Minister eh have 2 approve d payment he prepares d cabinet note 2 take 2 cabinet and d cabinet approve then a cabinet minute is approve. Boynes cabinet note did not seek d brown package 4 d WC but that is whta we end up wit that is because what cabinet approve.

D PS leads the Min he/she is the Chief Accounting Officer. When Bhoe Tewarie was appt Min of Trade d man could not read a Balance Sheet as he told us in class but he in charge ah d Ministry. D PS took him by the hand d PS runs d Ministry not d Minister.

Dey report 2 parliament wow and our Parliamentary system so effective. Ministries so effective dat is y they set up SPORTT because the efficiency of the Min of Sport was so gr8.

Yeah constitutional law is only 1 of the tings I am an expert in.

You talk so much shit there I feel sorry for you.  Where you take these classes?  At the Princess Margaret Home?

A Minister, like the President of any corporation does not have to know how to run each department in his business.  All he has to do is hire qualified people and delegate authority.  He oersees all the department heads etc.

I dont know why I am even worrying to explain such common sense issues to you.  I am sure that Mr Hunt does not have a degree in Sports Administration nor does he have to.  All he has to do is be able to manage people and make executive decisions.  The PM is a geologist, he is not a finanace major, so his cabinet has people there to guide him on such issues.

Same in all Ministeries.

Same in all large corporations.

Go back to school and this time try to learn something.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2008, 10:33:41 AM »
Where I say he suppose 2 know everyting but as Min of Trade if u cyah read a Balance Sheet u have a problem. Who qualified peeps d Min does hire he adviser so there I know is u talkin shit. D Min have 2 wuk wit what he meet. If he and d PS eh gettin along he could arrange a transfer and if he/she have plenty leave sent them but d next in line might be more dotish like u so u cannot compare d private sector wit a govt Min but u 2 dotish 2 realize dat.

Again dat is y entities like SPORTT etc was created because d infrastructure in d PS doh gettin nutten done. Yeah I admit dat I iz a cow and I am expectin nad old and wise ass like u 2 enlighten me but guess what u just chattin more and morse shit like comparing a Min 2 a CEO and then talk bout him hirin people. Tell me who Hunt hire.

D name home the home is Lady Hochoy Home like u 4get I saw your admission record but no discharge so Ifigure u still live there

I await your next piece a shit bout how I went 2 school in august dat is d next lame 1 liner u will come up wit

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2008, 01:11:19 PM »
Take wim, I mean win.  The PS and the others that run the Ministeries are not experienced and have been hired for fun.

EACH Minister in T&T hires his own advisors, I can name several, but you talk so much shit, Ms know it all, I can just imagine how you smell.

The ministers do NOT have to work with what they meet at all levels.  there have been instances of many people being scaked, transferred etc.  Some even file law suits as T&T is goverened by that shitty PSA thingy.

You know it all, why you eh know when to shut up?

Nah and you went Proncess Margaret...dont try that.

You are indeed a cow, and I am a young 2o something fool.

I will give you credit for one thing..THE PS is the real CEO, the Minister is the Chairman of the Board
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 01:18:50 PM by assrancid »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2008, 01:33:28 PM »
I await d list of advisers. More than 1 who are employed 2gether 2 advise a Minister. U repeatin what I say yes PS have been removed but replace by who another PS not d advisor. U know any Chairman of a Board who cyah appoint a CEO. I am so thrilled I have been given credit my credit limit has just increased just in time for Xmas 

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2008, 07:52:03 PM »
I await d list of advisers. More than 1 who are employed 2gether 2 advise a Minister. U repeatin what I say yes PS have been removed but replace by who another PS not d advisor. U know any Chairman of a Board who cyah appoint a CEO. I am so thrilled I have been given credit my credit limit has just increased just in time for Xmas 

mooooooooooooooooooo!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2008, 07:55:16 PM »
brayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2008, 06:20:27 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZXpCDLsm0kM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZXpCDLsm0kM</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dr Keith Rowley Thread.
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2012, 07:50:21 AM »
Rowley: T&T doesn't bow to anyone
...Kamla wrong to kiss Indian president's foot
By Stories by Joel Julien joel.julien@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Jan 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM ECT

Story Updated: Jan 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM ECT

"THE ultimate subservient of superiority and inferiority being demonstrated".

This was how Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley described Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar touching the foot of Indian President Pratibha Patil during a State visit earlier this month.

Persad-Bissessar returned from a two-week trip to India on Sunday.

Rowley raised the issue which he described as "unacceptable" during a political meeting held by the People's National Movement (PNM) at Febeau Open Bible Church Tuesday night.

"I am a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago and I take umbrage at my Prime Minister going to anybody's country and kissing any office holder's foot," Rowley said to loud applause.

"I am not concerned about her religious persuasion in this country... We are very tolerant," he said.

Rowley said Persad-Bissessar was representing the country and should not have bowed to touch Patil's foot.

"Nobody sent the Prime Minister abroad to represent her religion or her race. She went abroad to represent all the people of Trinidad and Tobago and, however, she feels when she stands in front of the head of government or the head of state she must stand there proud representing the people of Trinidad and Tobago," Rowley said.

"That is the ultimate subservient of superiority and inferiority being demonstrated. We past that stage since the world was told by Eric Williams (former prime minister) that we will not be doing that again and India was in the forefront of that," he said.

Rowley referenced a Times of India newpaper story which stated Persad-Bissessar "went too far to demonstrate her Indian-ness".

"India's independence was the first of the British colonies. All of us followed after and I am sure they did not expect that our Prime Minister would come and kiss their leader's foot," Rowley said.

"So of course now we expect according to her logic if (US President Barack) Obama ever goes to Kenya he will bend down and kiss the foot of somebody in Kenya because his grandfather came from Kenya," Rowley said.

"That is unacceptable and we dismiss the excuse makers, we are a proud nation. When India votes at the United Nations if we vote differently we cancel out India's vote, one billion people against one million people. We are equal in the eyes of the world. Size and power are no longer your station in this world," he said.

Rowley said if Persad-Bissessar went in a private capacity he would not have raised the issue.

"That is personal, that is private, if you go there on your private capacity you could do that. If you go there in your personal capacity you can do that...I will have no argument with it but when you represent all the people of Trinidad and Tobago, do not go and kiss anybody's foot on my behalf. Do not do that," he said.

"And when you wear Trinidad and Tobago red, white and black we do not defer or bow down to any nation in this world. We meet you on the cricket field we beat you, we meet you on the race track we beat you, we meet you in the university we beat you, that is Trinidad and Tobago. We are equal to all and inferior to none that is how we are building this nation," Rowley said.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:11:07 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
can someone explain the religious significance of the bowing to feet? Was this a matter of being inferior or showing respect? Further, is it only  a religious thing to bow to feet in India or is it a customary thing?
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Steups... Rowley learn to shut to fack up sometimes nah.  Kamla kiss de woman foot in her personal capacity... what de ass.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
can someone explain the religious significance of the bowing to feet? Was this a matter of being inferior or showing respect? Further, is it only  a religious thing to bow to feet in India or is it a customary thing?
The reason why Indians bow to other Indians foot is a sign of respect to the fullest. Usually Indians of High caste (bramhins) are concider the highest caste of indians and the regular indians see dem like Top Notch.. I am A bramhin and back in trinidad it was customary for people at the Temple to take my artie and bow on m foot, I then will bless them and say words of wisdom that was past on by my Grand parents . I still Bow to My mother and father since my grand parents are gone . I do not accept anyone bowing to me but sometimes my kids do it in show of respect. I personally belive 100 percent Kamla should not go india to bow on no freeking Indian foot cause this Woman is Nothing to her. I will respect the fact she bowing to her parents but not this.. anyway or the other lets see what her visit bring to Trinidad..

Warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Steups... Rowley learn to shut to fack up sometimes nah.  Kamla kiss de woman foot in her personal capacity... what de ass.

Disis exactly wha Rowley was talkin bout.....Kamla didnt go dey in she 'personal capacity'...in fact she make it very well known dat it was a state visit. Nuttin wrong wit kissin foot when yuh on yuh own personal business...not on d govt business mammy. yuh tink obama kissin anybody foot in he capacity as us pres? maybe he might kiss a foor or two in kenya or someting but rowley dam rite

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
whaiz wrong with dat? obowma does bow to all kind of terrorist and dictator like king so and so. and he win de nobel peace prize for dis.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
whaiz wrong with dat? obowma does bow to all kind of terrorist and dictator like king so and so. and he win de nobel peace prize for dis.
rowley a see dat one ..LOL..alyuh fellas is kix here eh...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

LOL.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I have see no issue with Kamla doing that on a private visit. Actually I have no issue with it on a state visit either. BUT..... this tends to cause issues of soverignity, religeon, nationalism and race. These 4 things are pulling TT in all directions when actually we being a socalled rainbow nation should be looking past that. But we have a long way to go. What if I was PM(ha, ha, ha) and I made an official visit to Italy and the Pope wanted to see me because I is a "good" (;D) Catolic. I gone St. Peter's Basilica and kiss his ring or wash his feet. How that good look to TT. Catolics go love it. The rest of the nation will probably bawl blasphamy. Why the PM pledging alegiance to the Pope., etc, etc. What if Kamal Mohammed was PM and he went Saudi and bow to king and then went to the Kabah?

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Deeks it's not that simple.  As I read it, the individual she bowed to is not a religious leader or any such.  And if it's not common place for people to bow to this individual, as let's say the queen or the pope, then it's worst.  She has misrepresented the sentiments of her country.  Her personal sentiments has made her office/us look overly simple.  Ah mean.  What office was she bowing to?   India have a President, we have a President. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Go to .50 min
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/y1CrrvHgqZc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/y1CrrvHgqZc</a>
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:18:59 PM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Go to .50 min
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/y1CrrvHgqZc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/y1CrrvHgqZc</a>

now that i see that ah shame cuz kamla outta timin bad bad...look like the indian president had to grab her and pull her up....

i actually feel embarassed...

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History

Disis exactly wha Rowley was talkin bout.....Kamla didnt go dey in she 'personal capacity'...in fact she make it very well known dat it was a state visit. Nuttin wrong wit kissin foot when yuh on yuh own personal business...not on d govt business mammy. yuh tink obama kissin anybody foot in he capacity as us pres? maybe he might kiss a foor or two in kenya or someting but rowley dam rite

He caused a similar stir with this
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33978533/ns/politics-white_house/t/obamas-bow-japan-sparks-some-criticism

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Go to .50 min

now that i see that ah shame cuz kamla outta timin bad bad...look like the indian president had to grab her and pull her up....

i actually feel embarassed...
The President was embarrassed for her. 

1]; } ?>