April 18, 2024, 10:26:10 PM

Author Topic: Dr Keith Rowley Thread.  (Read 119313 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Governance under the Rowley Administration
« Reply #390 on: October 07, 2015, 05:55:34 PM »

VIDEO Report; https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153685094357996/

MINISTER IMBERT AT CHAMBER

The Minister of Finance says if the government had removed the entire fuel subsidy it could have led to an uprising in the country similar to what happened in Nigeria.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 07, 2015, 06:42:23 PM »
Here is a start  of idea exchange , I just chose a few at random, readily available, no particular reason.

http://www.msss.gouv.qc.ca/en/reseau/services.php             select Social problems see if any of it may apply

http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/research/forum/e081/e081f-eng.shtml
http://lionheart.org/prison/
https://www.guelphhumber.ca/fcss
http://www.familylives.org.uk/advice/your-family/parenting/social-services-and-your-family/

Pumping more money into social services is not the answer, if anything you do not want to establish a culture where one is reliant on handouts. I am in support for assistance of those who need help to get back on their feet but not to the extreme where large portions of the national budget that is derived from tax payers dollars and national revenue is going towards handouts.

As for social problems go hand in hand with family values and discipline. The Govt can pump all the billions of dollars you are dreaming for in the budget for social programs but to solve this problem families have to take responsibility. This problem will always exist in a society where parents are not taking the responsibility to instill morals and values in their children. One of many examples is the value for hard work and gradual success has been replaced by getting rich quick (sometimes by illegal means).
What if the Morality & Values has skipped the parents generation, who is to show the children and those parents the way ? I'm not purporting that we add more financial welfare, but more moral building blocks to mend the social fibre that has obviously deteriorated. The problem is not the parents alone, it all of ours, we all have to handle it together. If even by setting examples and lending our assistance where necessary, better guided by people who study and understand the behavioural issues and startegies required.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 07, 2015, 07:02:29 PM »
What if the Morality & Values has skipped the parents generation, who is to show the children and those parents the way ? I'm not purporting that we add more financial welfare, but more moral building blocks to mend the social fibre that has obviously deteriorated. The problem is not the parents alone, it all of ours, we all have to handle it together. If even by setting examples and lending our assistance where necessary, better guided by people who study and understand the behavioural issues and startegies required.

this  :applause:

always dem problem, or UNC or PNM .. "YOUR Gov't.. never "our"! We don't take ownership (as SP said - responsibility)

Yuh notice we done start seeing the same sort of 'blame' thing like when PP took office. Rather than saying we have x.y and z problem and lets deal with it.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 07, 2015, 08:11:38 PM »

James: Budget favourably received by the population

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153625163830610/

The 2016 budget was favourably received by the population. Political Analyst Dr. Winford James said the 2016 fiscal measures and noted that there seems to be an attitude of accommodation on the part of the population. Dr. James said the budget was in line with what was outlined in the PNM Manifesto
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:06:25 PM by Sando prince »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 07, 2015, 10:34:08 PM »
Here is a start  of idea exchange , I just chose a few at random, readily available, no particular reason.

http://www.msss.gouv.qc.ca/en/reseau/services.php             select Social problems see if any of it may apply

http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/research/forum/e081/e081f-eng.shtml
http://lionheart.org/prison/
https://www.guelphhumber.ca/fcss
http://www.familylives.org.uk/advice/your-family/parenting/social-services-and-your-family/

Pumping more money into social services is not the answer, if anything you do not want to establish a culture where one is reliant on handouts. I am in support for assistance of those who need help to get back on their feet but not to the extreme where large portions of the national budget that is derived from tax payers dollars and national revenue is going towards handouts.

As for social problems go hand in hand with family values and discipline. The Govt can pump all the billions of dollars you are dreaming for in the budget for social programs but to solve this problem families have to take responsibility. This problem will always exist in a society where parents are not taking the responsibility to instill morals and values in their children. One of many examples is the value for hard work and gradual success has been replaced by getting rich quick (sometimes by illegal means).

Not disagreeing with you. But like I said discipline and values are instilled from home. Yes the Govt can have programs and workshops to help with the problem and as a community we can address the problems BUT the parents and guardians at home are always the FIRST ones to mould their children to becoming future good productive citizens or lawless parasites of T&T

Now tell me what type of environment do you think this young girl has at home? Don't be shy, what comes to mind first? And this is just one out of many I can show you.

https://www.facebook.com/231192483608140/videos/944120415648673/

« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:35:41 PM by Sando prince »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 08, 2015, 11:32:31 AM »
at work now, can't open FB will check laterMy point is. the discipline and values are NOT in the home. I saw this going out the door from since my time when my parents chose to send me away in '71. We have allways been a very free open society, but there is always a price to be paid with freedom...usually discipline, and wrong follow wrong without any restraint.  In many cases,
The parents either ignore or are ignorant to what the child does. (u know how much crap, i a GOOD boy get away with ?) Not that i did anything bad by today's standards, but my parents were totally oblivious to where i was. Them think I in savannah playing football, but I down in Chag, gone for a dip. They ketch meh is cutarse, but I never fraid no cutarse. Today's youth, more daring, more dangerous. Many of the GOOD parents are busy making the ends meet and/or have no time to monitor the youth. In some cases the youth from small has been rebellious and uncontrollable and parents have little control. they are still just parents..and especially when you have parents with weaknesses and morality issues, cause they themselves do what they learned to survive. , then you have nothing but the street and media to teach. Bad teachers.

I have very good kids, they love, respect and listen to me yet fraid meh to bad, cause they have seen me lose it. Yet, You think I can make them do what I want ? I constantly negotiating. Many ppl today, parents included do not have that time to invest and teach.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 08, 2015, 03:27:47 PM »
at work now, can't open FB will check laterMy point is. the discipline and values are NOT in the home. I saw this going out the door from since my time when my parents chose to send me away in '71. We have allways been a very free open society, but there is always a price to be paid with freedom...usually discipline, and wrong follow wrong without any restraint.  In many cases,
The parents either ignore or are ignorant to what the child does. (u know how much crap, i a GOOD boy get away with ?) Not that i did anything bad by today's standards, but my parents were totally oblivious to where i was. Them think I in savannah playing football, but I down in Chag, gone for a dip. They ketch meh is cutarse, but I never fraid no cutarse. Today's youth, more daring, more dangerous. Many of the GOOD parents are busy making the ends meet and/or have no time to monitor the youth. In some cases the youth from small has been rebellious and uncontrollable and parents have little control. they are still just parents..and especially when you have parents with weaknesses and morality issues, cause they themselves do what they learned to survive. , then you have nothing but the street and media to teach. Bad teachers.

I have very good kids, they love, respect and listen to me yet fraid meh to bad, cause they have seen me lose it. Yet, You think I can make them do what I want ? I constantly negotiating. Many ppl today, parents included do not have that time to invest and teach.

So let me ask yuh ah question eh. So these so called good parents who too busy to be involved in a meaningful way in their children lives have time to fete? what about lime? how about being in the rum shop drinking for hours? eh? Are they too busy for all of dat? You want billions more spent on social programs to get them to change these habits?

How many of these so called good very busy parents you have mentioned take the time to have meaningful discussion with their children about school? about their children friends? What issues are bothering their children in class, in life, in the community? Iz Fathers engaging their daughters on the topic of sex and what type of man should be involved in their daughters future? or dey just too busy like yuh say?

My point is your desire to have more government finances involved does have some merits but the buck starts and stops at home with the parents because you can have all the educational workshops and programs in the school BUT the environment you go home to is most influential. So until parents and families take responsibility for their own families future you would not have presented an appropriate solution to a complex disease that is widespread in T&T today.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:07:20 PM by Sando prince »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 08, 2015, 10:28:56 PM »
Boss, I ent make it how it is. I can't say how or why. I only telling yuh as I see, and you calling it as you see too. Yeah, it shouldn't be so, yeah, it should be as you say. but who is to show that, is additional policing the answer ? more jails ? more patrol boats ? you, me, or bonafide leaders, and ppl who study social behaviours, methods and strategies ?

add:unlike many, I do not propose to have all the answers or think there is only one answer. I just suggested a possible method not previously or substantially implemented. If someone thinks that something as suggested won't help and the tried methods are to be stuck with, I cannot debate the possible outcomes or shortfalls. It is not my area of expertise, yet over the course of years it seems that past methods are not working, shouldn't we along with those then try to implement something else ?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 10:51:22 PM by maxg »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 10, 2015, 05:35:03 PM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 10, 2015, 09:21:18 PM »

VIDEO Report; https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153630002005610/

Minister of Tourism Shamfa Cudjoe has raised concerns about the Tourism Development Company (TDC), which she has described as a, 'runaway horse'.

Minister Cudjoe, speaking in the house of representatives on Saturday morning, claimed that the TDC is out of control, and questioned how one director,a former national cricketer received thousands of US dollars for a CPL project.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 10, 2015, 09:25:17 PM »
I want to salute the MP's of Laventille :salute:. This is EXACTLY what is needed in our nation communities. Some communities need it more than others. :applause:  :beermug: well done to everyone involved!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=913622792055547&id=826120904139070

Today's event at the Laventille Technology and Continuing Centre was a resounding success. The turn out of interesting parents and youth was overwhelming.

M.P. Hinds, M.P. Leonce and Chairman Thomas were in attendance with a host of U.T.T. facilitators.
There message was well received by all in attendance and it is an indication of good things to come for the residents of Laventille East/West

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 11, 2015, 05:49:26 PM »

VIDEO Report; https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153630002005610/

Minister of Tourism Shamfa Cudjoe has raised concerns about the Tourism Development Company (TDC), which she has described as a, 'runaway horse'.

Minister Cudjoe, speaking in the house of representatives on Saturday morning, claimed that the TDC is out of control, and questioned how one director,a former national cricketer received thousands of US dollars for a CPL project.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 12, 2015, 11:06:52 PM »
The bad behaviour in the parliament continues as a member of the opposition can be heard making crude remarks to the Attorney General and the MP for San Fernando West. The speaker called for respect among members.

Moonilal just being himself again. No surprise here https://www.facebook.com/CCNTV6/videos/956719001036959/

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 13, 2015, 06:36:53 AM »
The bad behaviour in the parliament continues as a member of the opposition can be heard making crude remarks to the Attorney General and the MP for San Fernando West. The speaker called for respect among members.

Moonilal just being himself again. No surprise here https://www.facebook.com/CCNTV6/videos/956719001036959/

at d same time Rowley need to reign in all dat "we time now" and homophobic rhetoric, appearances is everything and right now yuh NOT seeing d spirit of d victory speech playin out in parliament

dey could prosecute all d wrong doing sans d aloofness
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:45:34 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 14, 2015, 10:38:09 AM »
at d same time Rowley need to reign in all dat "we time now" and homophobic rhetoric, appearances is everything and right now yuh NOT seeing d spirit of d victory speech playin out in parliament

dey could prosecute all d wrong doing sans d aloofness

I think he (Rowley) has been trying to keep it civil, but there are some real loosed lipped characters in his government (Imbert, Hinds, McDonald for example) that are prone to saying offensive things and using dumb rhetoric. It'll be interesting to see how he manages the message/tone of the government.

Manning had a very autocratic style, and micro-managed his cabinet / controlled the message. Rowley has campaigned on the opposite, so it'll be a test to reign in the personalities without completely muzzling them.

It ain't an easy job.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 14, 2015, 10:42:56 AM »
Fair enough let's see how it goes.
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 14, 2015, 01:20:25 PM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 14, 2015, 01:47:34 PM »

Mammy ah could not stop mehself, Hinds make meh do it  :'(

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 14, 2015, 02:11:02 PM »

Imbert ends on positive note

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20151014/news/imbert-ends-on-positive-note

Finance Minister Colm Imbert closed the 2015-2016 budget debate in the House of Representatives on a positive note on Wednesday.

Imbert gave a crude oil price forecast which suggested that oil prices can reach close to US $70 a barrel in 2017.

He stated that a long term forecast for the period 2015 to 2025, done by the World Bank, International Monetary Fund (IMF), Economic Intelligenct Unit and OECD, predicted a steady increase in oil prices in 2016 and 2017.

Imbert said the World Bak projected that oil prices would reach approximately $61 a barrel in 2016 and $64 a barrel in 2017. The IMF projected $60 a barrel in 2016 and $63 a barrel in 2017, while the Economic Intelligent Unit projected $69 a barrel in 2016 and $80 in 2017, he said. The OECD projected $65 a barrel in 2016 and close to $70 a barrel in 2017.

Imbert said, ?Assuming all these analysts are correct we should expect to see a recovery of oil prices by 2017 of somewhere in the vicinity of $65 in 2017 for West Texas Intermediate and $65 a barrel is quite similar to the average price received for fiscal year 2015.?

He said with US$65 a barrel of oil, Trinidad and Tobago's revenue should be significantly enhanced.

Imbert noted that Pricewaterhouse estimated that with proper revenue collection, Trinidad and Tobago should be able to collect an additional $5 billion in revenue.

?If oil prices recover and we get that additional $10 billion and if we can reach target in terms of revenue collection of another $5 billion, we should have enhanced revenue by 2016 of $15 billion which should be able to continue on the path to growth and recovery,? he said.

However, should oil prices continue to slump, Imbert said, the Government would have to look at other fiscal measures and policies. ?But we are reasonably confident in terms of revenue collection reform, in terms of having national dialogue with the country on fuel subsidy, in terms of efficiency in the VAT administration that we will be able to bring country unto sustainable path by 2017,? he said.

He explained that in 2017, if it became necessar, the Government would have to avail itself of the last significant asset from the repayment of advances made to the CL Group with respect to the Government's bailout of the CL Group.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dr Keith Rowley Thread.
« Reply #410 on: October 14, 2015, 02:38:13 PM »

VIDEO Report; https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153637441635610/

The Prime Minister has expressed concern over meeting a $500 million "commitment" for Bell helicopters which he met when he came to the Office of the Prime Minister. He also claimed wastage over the last five years as he noted that the previous Prime Minister, Kamla Persad-Bissessar, used 636 hours of helicopter time and flew 415 missions, at a cost of over $6 million.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 16, 2015, 08:21:21 AM »

First-class for high-level officials only *

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20151015/news/first-class-for-high-level-officials-only

First-class and business travel will now be restricted to only high-level persons in public office and the judiciary.

Communications Minister Maxie Cuffie said yesterday that Cabinet accepted the recommendation for a proposal for a review of the travel arrangements for official overseas travel.

Speaking at the post-Cabinet news conference at the Office of the Prime Minister in St Clair, Cuffie said in an effort to streamline operations, Cabinet decided certain officers would be entitled to first-class travel and other officers would be asked to use the other classifications of travel that are available.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 16, 2015, 09:42:23 AM »

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20151015/news/first-class-for-high-level-officials-only

First-class and business travel will now be restricted to only high-level persons in public office and the judiciary.

Communications Minister Maxie Cuffie said yesterday that Cabinet accepted the recommendation for a proposal for a review of the travel arrangements for official overseas travel.

Speaking at the post-Cabinet news conference at the Office of the Prime Minister in St Clair, Cuffie said in an effort to streamline operations, Cabinet decided certain officers would be entitled to first-class travel and other officers would be asked to use the other classifications of travel that are available.

This move should save T&T taxpayers money on first class travel tickets for all government ministers.
Let them mix and interact with the general public who are they are supposed to be serving a little more rather than being encouraged to believe they are above the general flying travelling public.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 16, 2015, 03:23:36 PM »

MINISTRY OF TOURISM ADVISES THAT LIFEGUARDS WILL BE PAID OUTSTANDING MONEY TODAY

VIDEO Report; https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/photos/a.270658877995.143179.126206357995/10153703449722996/?type=3

The following is a statement from the Ministry of Tourism:

"The Ministry of Tourism has received notification that the Ministry of National Security will be paying the lifeguards today – Friday October 16, 2015.

The Lifeguard Services Division was formally transferred to the Ministry of National Security with effect from September 11, 2015.

Wages were delayed this month as the Financial Year 2014/2015 closed prior to the reading of the National Budget and the finalisation of the necessary financial and administrative processes especially with the re-assignment of the Lifeguard Services to the Ministry of National Security.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 03:29:56 PM by Sando prince »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 16, 2015, 05:33:08 PM »

This move should save T&T taxpayers money on first class travel tickets for all government ministers.
Let them mix and interact with the general public who are they are supposed to be serving a little more rather than being encouraged to believe they are above the general flying travelling public.
why? i am broke and i don't travel coach, so why should someone on official business travel coach only to show face? i think ministers-permanent secretaries-and CEO's on the country's business should be as comfortable as possible, but regular administrative officers and managers should not be afforded the luxury.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 17, 2015, 03:12:14 AM »

Remember the song "take dat and cool it ?"..dat come to mind after seeing Imbert response to Kamla  ;D

Imbert has done a good so far in explaining drops and increases in budget allocations during the standing finance committee.

VIDEO Report; https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153641421245610/

Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar has questioned a drop in the allocation of the Food Support Programme. The former Prime Minister raised the question during the Finance Committee Sitting in the Parliament on Friday. However, Finance Minister Colm Imbert responded that the Government is seeking to cut mismanagement and corruption.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 17, 2015, 03:20:19 AM »

why? i am broke and i don't travel coach, so why should someone on official business travel coach only to show face? i think ministers-permanent secretaries-and CEO's on the country's business should be as comfortable as possible, but regular administrative officers and managers should not be afforded the luxury.

https://www.facebook.com/CCNTV6/videos/958472200861639/

NO FLY ZONE

The PNM Administration wants to drastically change the way the government handles travel.
Travel only when absolutely necessary, only a select few get to fly first or business class...and NO more free rides for the media.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 03:23:03 AM by Sando prince »

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Governance under the Rowley Administration
« Reply #417 on: October 17, 2015, 08:43:22 AM »
So I was late to follow the so called controversy with Padarath and the princess and bull-it proof vest comments. I noticed that immediately after the comments the gay and lesbian community get in a huff and Smith end up apologizing to the gay community as well as Padarath.

However I was wondering, has Padarath ever come out officially and said he was gay? Or is it being assumed because he looks like a Ken doll? If he's not it seems like the reaction of the gay community has done more to stigmatize him than the original comments.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 20, 2015, 12:27:15 PM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 20, 2015, 12:54:28 PM »
So I was late to follow the so called controversy with Padarath and the princess and bull-it proof vest comments. I noticed that immediately after the comments the gay and lesbian community get in a huff and Smith end up apologizing to the gay community as well as Padarath.

However I was wondering, has Padarath ever come out officially and said he was gay? Or is it being assumed because he looks like a Ken doll? If he's not it seems like the reaction of the gay community has done more to stigmatize him than the original comments.

This is the latest with MP Padarath

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/posts/10153646798520610:0

1]; } ?>