April 27, 2024, 05:29:14 AM

Author Topic: Dr Keith Rowley Thread.  (Read 119740 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dr Keith Rowley Thread.
« Reply #420 on: October 23, 2015, 09:23:37 AM »
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:27:07 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Governance under the Rowley Administration
« Reply #421 on: October 23, 2015, 02:17:21 PM »

GOVERNMENT SOON TO BEGIN CONSIDERING PROPOSALS FOR TOBAGO SELF-GOVERNMENT

The following is a statement issued by the THA Information Division:
Government will begin considering proposals from the Tobago House of Assembly for self-government on the island, starting in January.

This announcement was made by Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley earlier today (October 23, 2015) during his visit to alma mater Bishop’s High School in Mt. Marie, Scarborough.

https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/posts/10153716908392996:0

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 24, 2015, 11:49:24 AM »

The Central Government and the Tobago House of Assembly are set to work more closely together. This was revealed by both Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley and THA Chief Secretary Orville London following a meeting at the Magdalena Grand on this afternoon. The Chief Secretary told reporters that the talks centred on the level of cooperative interaction between the Central Government and the THA.

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153652806545610/

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 24, 2015, 11:58:52 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago's 7th Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley celebrates his 66th birthday today. Rowley was born on October 24, 1949.

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/posts/10153653393025610

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:55:46 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 24, 2015, 07:53:14 PM »

Scenes from Prime Minister Rowley's first official visit to Tobago where he visited his former primary school, Mason Hall Government Primary and his former secondary school Bishops High School.

https://www.facebook.com/teamrowley/posts/429996040526996

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 02, 2015, 04:47:07 PM »

VIDEO Report; https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153735598452996/

PM PROMISES TO COMPLETE OUTSTANDING PROJECTS

Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley had made a commitment that all unfinished government projects will be completed under his tenure.

The Brian Lara Stadium was among the many projects the prime minister says will be completed.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 05, 2015, 05:13:41 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/photos/a.10150137684225610.332278.377693645609/10153675098990610/?type=3&theater

Cabinet has approved a Committee to review the practice of doctors who are working in both the private and public sector. The Committee will be chaired by Dr Winston Welsh and includes Howard University's President Dr Wayne Frederick, along with Professor Karl Theodore, Martin De Gannes, Dr Adesh Sirjusingh, Valene Rawlins and one member still to be named.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 14, 2015, 12:52:04 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/photos/a.10150137684225610.332278.377693645609/10153689710465610/?type=3

On behalf of the Government and and people of The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, Prime Minister Dr the Honourable Keith Rowley wishes to convey heartfelt condolences to the President of France and the French people with respect to the unspeakable horrors of yesterday's attacks. As the Government and people of France struggle to come to terms with these attacks, the rest of the world is also gripped by shock, sadness and outrage. No nation should ever have to face such tragedy and it is hoped that nothing of this nature will ever befall any nation again.
Dr The Hon. Keith Rowley
Prime Minister
The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 21, 2015, 06:25:42 PM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 23, 2015, 07:14:04 PM »

"Economist Indera Sagewan-Alli says Government's decision to lower the income ceiling from $45,000 to $25,000 for HDC Housing is a “good move”. She says however, that Government needs to be clear with respect to the role it is playing in the provision of Subsidized Housing. She believes that a Public-Private Partnership model similar to that of the Savannah Villas is needed in Trinidad and Tobago that will provide more housing and the opportunity for young professionals to become first time home owners" See Video https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153706223445610/

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 06, 2015, 12:17:49 PM »

UK Prime Minister David Cameron, President David Granger and Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago Dr Keith Rowley await the arrival of Queen Elizabeth 11 at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Malta
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 06:48:25 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 12, 2015, 11:34:16 AM »

11th Sitting of the House of Representatives

Summary:
~ Three Papers will be laid.
~ Questions to the Prime Minister as allowed under the Standing Orders, on every 2nd Sitting of the HOR, in each calendar month
~ Six Urgent Questions will be answered.
~ Two questions qualified for oral answer.
~ Government Business
. Motion #1: Section 56 of the Customs Act, exempt from import duties of Customs (moved by the Minister of Trade and Industry)
. Motion #2: Section 56(1)(a) of the Customs Act, exempt from import duties of Customs (moved by the Minister of Trade and Industry)
~ Private Business
. Motion #1: Provision of Learning Materials to Students (moved by the Member for Caroni East)
Click the Order Paper link below for details.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HMkWMNnOdOk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HMkWMNnOdOk</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 19, 2015, 01:34:25 PM »

Whistle-blower law ‘in new year’

Government is hoping to have new whistle-blower legislation become law in the New Year.

This is according to Attorney General and chairman of the Joint Select Committee (JSC) on whistle-blower legislation, Faris Al-Rawi.

The committee, which includes the leader of opposition business in the Senate, Wade Mark; Independent Senator Sophia Chote; and National Security Minister Edmund Dillon, held a news conference at the Parliament, yesterday, to update the nation on plans to have the proposed matter addressed.

The Whistle-blower Protection Bill, 2015, was laid in the House of Representatives on November 13 by Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley. Al-Rawi said yesterday it was intended to combat corruption and other wrongdoings by encouraging and disseminating disclosures of improper conduct in the public and private sectors.

Al-Rawi said he hoped the matter would be dealt with and approved before the Parliament completed its first year’s work during this session by July.

He said the legislation would address the issue of witnesses and witness protection in relation to crime in the broadest sense, adding that those crimes could include any breaches in the public or private sector.

He said crimes could not be solved without witnesses, adding that the proposed law would make people comfortable in reporting the alleged breaches to different agencies, including the Integrity Commission. He said consultations with all stakeholders were expected to commence shortly. Among those being invited were the Law Association, the T&T Chamber of Commerce, the Director of Public Prosecutions, and the media.

Al-Rawi said the committee was expected to submit its first report to the Parliament by January 22.

The proposed legislation alters the Constitution and requires a special three-fifths majority support to become law.

Mark said, yesterday, he was “not a crystal ball bearer. I can’t say what will happen in the future.”

He said the JSC was “working as a team with a view to bringing forward the best possible legislation that will incorporate and encompass all those measures that will ensure a balance in this whole process, so that you wouldn’t have malicious gossip being translated into disclosures.”

Mark said, “Whatever we do, we don’t want the legislation to be interpreted as if it is all part of a witch hunt.”

He said the legislation was “not about witch hunting anyone.”

Mark said T&T was “riddled with rumours, malicious gossip and you would not want persons purporting to be whistle blowers advancing frivolous, vexatious information and disclosures that can be detrimental to the reputation and good name of citizens in this republic."

Mark said there were provisions in the proposed legislation to deal with that matter. He said he maintained that whoever did the crime must do the time. Mark said the UNC was “not afraid of anything. We are committed to the development of a just, fair and equal society for all citizens.”
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:06:44 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 24, 2015, 03:14:46 AM »

JWALA, YOU'RE FIRED*
Govt writes President to revoke Central Bank Governor's appointment after controversial statement on foreign exchange, recession

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20151223/news/jwala-youre-fired

CABINET yesterday took the decision to recommend to the President that the employment of Jwala Rambarran as Central Bank Governor be terminated.
It is understood that the acting President has signed off on Rambarran's dismissal.
President Anthony Carmona is overseas on vacation and Senate President Christine Kangaloo is acting as President.
Under the Constitution she has all the powers of the President and therefore is the competent authority to act upon the Cabinet's recommendation.

Sources said one of the key factors affecting the Cabinet's decision was that the Government had several legal opinions which indicated Rambarran had breached the provisions of the Central Bank Act and the Financial Institutions Act.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 24, 2015, 03:15:16 AM »

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 24, 2015, 06:01:51 AM »
NGC moves against SIS: $180m in assets frozen
Published on Dec 23, 2015, 9:16 pm AST
By Asha Javeed
asha.javeed@trinidadexpress.com

The National Gas Company (NGC) was yesterday granted an ex-parte order against Super Industrial Services (SIS) and Rain Forest Resorts Limited to freeze $180 million worth of assets.
In addition, SIS has to provide NGC’s attorneys with a list of all its assets, solely or jointly owned, exceeding $10,000, within 96 hours.
The order was granted by Justice Frank Seepersad.
The order explained that the prohibition includes the following assets in particular: the property and assets of SIS’s business or the sale money if any of them has been sold; and any money standing to the credit of any bank account, including the amount of any cheque drawn on such account which has not been cleared.
If SIS is able to pay $180 million to the court as security, or make provision in that sum by another method, the order will cease to have any effect.
The order allows SIS to spend $750,000 on legal advice and representation.
However, before SIS can spend any money, it must tell the NGC’s legal team “where the money is to come from”.
The order noted that:
1. It is a contempt of court for any person or entity notified of this Order knowingly to assist in or permit a breach of this Order. Any person or entity doing so may be imprisoned, fined or have their assets seized.
2. This injunction does not prevent any bank from exercising any right of set off it may have in respect of any facility which it gave to the Intended First Defendant (SIS) before it was notified of this Order.
3. No bank need enquire as to the application or proposed application of any money withdrawn by the Intended First Defendant (SIS) if the withdrawal appears to be permitted by this Order.
With regard to Rain Forest Resorts Limited, the order said the company was prohibited from dealing with or disposing of its property and assets.
Both SIS and Rain Forest have until 4 p.m. today to file a claim form.
There will another hearing on December 29 at 10 a.m. before Justice Robin Mohammed.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 25, 2015, 02:57:05 PM »

MESSAGE TO THE NATION BY
DR THE HONOURABLE KEITH ROWLEY, MP
PRIME MINISTER OF THE REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
ON THE OCCASION OF
CHRISTMAS 2015

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=185951305090726&id=154758538210003

Fellow citizens,
On behalf of the Government and people of Trinidad and Tobago, I extend warm Christmas greetings to our Christian Community and all those who share in the spirit of the Season.

Christmas is a very special time in Trinidad and Tobago. In our own unique way we have created signature music in the form of parang and parang soca to complement the festivities. Our Christmas cuisine of baked ham, pastelles, fruit cake, ginger beer, ponch de crème and sorrel delight the taste buds of locals and visitors alike.

But after the hustle and bustle of the preparations, Christmas day presents an opportunity to reflect on the true meaning of the celebrations.
Whether we choose to go to church or remain at home to receive family and friends; we should take a moment to pause and remember that today we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, who in the Christian tradition, is the ultimate symbol of unconditional love, forgiveness and hope.

As a vulnerable baby lying in a manger in very modest surroundings on that first Christmas day, the image of the Christ child begs us to remember our own children and the awesome responsibility we hold as parents, guardians and mentors to protect and nurture our young people.

Two weeks ago, when my wife and I hosted the Prime Minister’s Annual Christmas Party, I saw such joy, expectation and happiness reflected on the faces of those children that I was convinced that there is no rational excuse to abuse or harm a young, innocent child.

On this Christmas Day, I want all of us, individually and collectively as a Nation, to re-commit to safeguarding our children and improving the quality of life they may enjoy in our country.

Every day, with an open heart, we must continue to share the love that is so evident at Christmas…especially with our children.
For the sake of our families, our children, our communities and our blessed country; let us learn from the messages of the Christmas story.

We recall Mary’s obedience and courage in the face of possible humiliation; we recall Joseph’s anger then his acceptance and trust in the will of God; we recall the generosity of the inn keeper, the faith of the wise men and the enduring respect and reverence of the shepherds.
So too, in our own lives, we must demonstrate that we have the courage and faith to overcome life’s trials whether they are personal matters; work-related differences or are more national in scope.

By all indications, 2016 will be another challenging year in Trinidad and Tobago. Yet, it is in how we choose to surmount what may be difficult circumstances that will demonstrate the strength of our character as individuals and as a Nation.

Attention to duty and responsibility; respect for oneself and others and above all, trust in God and the determination to do what’s right, are the traits which I hope will come to define us as a people, and Nation, as we move forward into the New Year.

I have no fear of what is to come because I have confidence in myself as a leader, I have confidence in our Government and above all, I have faith in the people of Trinidad and Tobago.

Together we have an incredible spirit of resourcefulness that will lead us positively through any rough waters we may be called upon to navigate.
Today we celebrate the birth of Christ Child. Let us take this opportunity to open ourselves to the hope and joyous expectation which surrounds this miraculous event.

From my family to yours, I wish you all a very blessed, safe and happy Christmas and a productive, peaceful and prosperous New Year.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 29, 2015, 09:23:16 PM »

Here’s the Full Address delivered by Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley on the State of the Economy

WATCH: https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153777794165610/

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 30, 2015, 03:41:40 PM »
I thought about T&T when I read about Saudi Arabia's new budget and economic response to the lower than expected oil prices. A good read for every Trinbagonian in my opinion.
Saudi Arabia hikes petrol prices by 40% at the pump

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 30, 2015, 05:53:22 PM »
I thought about T&T when I read about Saudi Arabia's new budget and economic response to the lower than expected oil prices. A good read for every Trinbagonian in my opinion.
Saudi Arabia hikes petrol prices by 40% at the pump

Saudis making adjustments but Kamla bumpin her gum.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 01, 2016, 08:52:56 AM »

ROWLEY HUMBLED *
PM named Express Individual of the year 2015

Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley, who was yesterday named the 2015 Express Individual of the Year, said he was "truly humbled" to have been chosen for this "prestigious" award.

"I thank the Express for its kind consideration and for selecting me as its choice for this prestigious award. I am truly humbled, especially as it comes as this particular time in my life, and in the country's period of great challenge.

"As I accept this accolade, I do so knowing that the acknowledgement given to me is not only as a result of some things that I have done or achieved, but is the product of all the people and organisations that I have had the privilege, pleasure and honour to have worked with throughout my long and interesting career, and who would in their own contributions have made me what I am today, to be able to accomplish what has been done in 2015," Rowley told the Express yesterday.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 03, 2016, 08:14:44 AM »
kinda ironic (whole dependency on fossil fuel), since the Saudis have one of the largest invested budget in solar power.

I'm sure they would be ah bumpin too if 3 canal wasn't against throat.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 07, 2016, 01:58:16 AM »
i heard from a friend in trinidad who works for the ministry education that dr rowley has throat cancer, did anyone else heard that?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 12, 2016, 05:48:39 AM »

12th Sitting of the House of Representatives

Summary:
- There are five papers to be laid.
- Eighteen questions qualified for oral answer
- The Finance Bill 2016 will be introduced. The Bill is expected to be read a second time and debated.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zizaLK6AYjA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zizaLK6AYjA</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 12, 2016, 05:35:20 PM »
The former People’s Partnership Administration stockpiled OVER $400,000 in alcohol at the PM's Official Residence in St Ann's. According to Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley there are no records to show where the alcohol came from or who it was purchased from.
WATCH: https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153807931100610/?fref=nf

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 12, 2016, 09:57:37 PM »
Don't be petty Keith. That was and is for entertaining dignitaries, local and foreign.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 13, 2016, 01:48:44 AM »
So true. he's beginning to bug me with the car chasing. I would hope that someone in his court would tug on his coat tail and keep him in line with what's important instead of barking at flying birds. Enough already with the campaigning its much too early for that nonsense.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 01:51:03 AM by pull stones »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 13, 2016, 07:21:04 AM »

Cuffie calls on all to share the burden*

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20160112/news/cuffie-calls-on-all-to-share-the-burden

WE must all pay our way.

This was the view of Communications Minister Maxie Cuffie as he defended the Government’s move to increase the number of items subject to VAT during his contribution to the Finance Bill on Monday.
Cuffie said it was necessary to take action as the country was not earning as much as it used to due to declining oil and gas prices.
“The increase in the number of items subject to VAT, while lowering the VAT rate, will ensure that Value Added Tax will now make a greater contribution to the economy of Trinidad and Tobago in the foreseeable future and, to some extent, compensate for our fall in oil revenues,” he said.
He said while many were seeing the current situation as an economic crisis, the Government viewed it as an opportunity.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 13, 2016, 07:24:05 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/A2m6JgI0_jA&amp;spfreload=10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/A2m6JgI0_jA&amp;spfreload=10</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 14, 2016, 12:45:08 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/A2m6JgI0_jA&amp;spfreload=10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/A2m6JgI0_jA&amp;spfreload=10</a>
that man undoubtedly is the best orator in the whole of the caribbean past and present.

1]; } ?>