April 28, 2024, 07:08:36 PM

Author Topic: Wrexham spurn Sancho after trial.  (Read 5768 times)

Offline look at ting now!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham spurn Sancho after trial.
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2008, 07:07:36 PM »
Doh worry breds...the best is yet to come!!! Jus hold on

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2008, 10:06:22 PM »
Keep going at it, Brent. You will find the right club for you. You were far too good for Wrexham anyway,
Hart for president

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2008, 10:08:16 PM »
Agreeeeeee Wrexham eh d Wrexham of old
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2008, 02:03:55 PM »
Maybe he should try MLS or come back home.

Go back home tuh do what... plant peas?

:rotfl: Dis thread is ah sad one to read about Sancho, but ah couldn't help to laugh at yuh post nah BnB. Any way, Sancho hold de faith my bredddah. Remember dis, you are not a Cafu, or any of big name defenders in de world, but you are surely good enough in my book, to deserve a contract out there. Stay fit, be ready and keep just keep believing in your self sah. Bless. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 06:12:04 AM »
Little - Still keen to strengthen his team.

BRIAN LITTLE is still hopeful of adding to his squad before Wrexham begin their Blue Square Premier campaign next month.

Little has already made six new signings this summer, taking the number of players currently in his revamped Wrexham squad to 25.

Bringing in another striker would be Little's priority but he has not ruled out adding to other positions if a potential target was to become available – and he has been holding talks with a player.

"Sometimes the player is not available in the position we want," said Little today.

"We know the position we are looking at. We want people to help us win matches and when we were 0-0 last year, we did not have it.

"Everyone wants goalscorers, the more the better, and they are the hardest area to get hold of.

"But sometimes you have to strengthen in other areas and it may be at the other end of the pitch.

"Sometimes you have to go the long way around to get there. Other people may become available and you don't want to miss out on them.

"We are talking to someone at the moment and it may or may not come to something."

Three trialists, Brent Sancho, David Ogilby and Drew Fahey, have not been offered contracts and Little knows the importance of his next signing, which could be the last of the summer.

"The three did well but we felt they would not go straight into the team," said Little. "I want someone to go in or create competition for others to up their game.

"We are trying to make the first team stronger and our next signing – if and when it happens – may not necessarily be the position people think. Managers are always looking to strengthen the team.

"I do have room for one more but I might need to chop and change."

Twenty two members of the Reds squad were involved in Saturday's first pre-season friendly which resulted in a 1-0 victory over Championship outfit Wolves at The Racecourse.

Four players currently on the transfer list – Anthony Williams, Silvio Spann, Sam Aiston and Michael Proctor – all had 45 minute run-outs and Little said nothing had changed regarding their position.

"They are still our players who we will treat right and they have been working hard," said Little.

"They are trying to fight for their places so credit to them.

"There is competition for places and they are aware of that, but so are the other players.

"I am trying to put together a team to win matches, irrespective of who they are.

"I have got another four games to get the right chance and everyone will feel they have got a chance. Some have got work to do while others are looking over their shoulders."

Wrexham today continued their pre-season preparations with a behind closed doors friendly against Tranmere Rovers, which was split into three half-hour sessions.

Winger Shaun Whalley, the only new recruit not involved against Wolves after picking up an ankle ligament injury in training last week, was again missing along with midfielder Conal Murtagh who has been hospitalised with a viral infection.

Right-sided Wes Baynes, who scored the winner against Wolves, was not likely to be risked after picking up an ankle knock but both he and Whalley could be available to face Blackpool at The Racecourse on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Wrexham's Blue Square Premier fixture at Rushden and Diamonds has been rescheduled.

The match was due to be played on Saturday, August 16 but has been put back 24 hours to the Sunday at the club's request.

Wrexham wanted the change to give them more recovery time following the televised trip to York CIty on Thursday, August 14.

"Obviously we feel it is the right outcome and sense has prevailed,"
added Little. "From our point of view, win, lose or draw, at least we are preparing properly.

"I am not making a big issue out of it but if you are asked to play on a Thursday for a television commitment, it makes sense.

"It might have been different if we were home on the Saturday but we are having to travel again, and most clubs in our position would have asked to change."

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 10:38:29 AM »
allyuh serious????......while all d sympathy is nice....somebody hadda keep it real here

sancho not good

Sancho strength is he brain....as a defender he not big enough, strong enough, poor in d air, and definitely not fast enough. If any ah allyuh was a manager lookin for a defender, allyuh was pickin a man wit dem credentials???

he might do well as a defensive midfielder

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2008, 10:41:21 AM »
allyuh serious????......while all d sympathy is nice....somebody hadda keep it real here

sancho not good

Sancho strength is he brain....as a defender he not big enough, strong enough, poor in d air, and definitely not fast enough. If any ah allyuh was a manager lookin for a defender, allyuh was pickin a man wit dem credentials???

but all things being considered equal..lol more or less..
i thought having a good brain as a player is what most important.
I KOW SOME very skill full dotish ass palyers who never make it no where ..cause dey not to smart
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2008, 11:06:16 AM »
i think sancho should forget all these lil british shit side and go home and get some regular action with a PFL side.

i sure the level of football in the PFL and concacaf champions league much better than the english conference, league 2 and the scottish lower divisions.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2008, 11:40:15 AM »

yuh get it some of it right but Sancho is defintely big and strong enough as a defender, check some of the pics of him in Gillingham he was one of the bigger defenders
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2008, 11:56:00 AM »
Hard to believe that Brent is not good enough to play for Wrexham... Must be a case of bad timing.

Keep pushing Sancho- we need you to get fit.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 12:07:47 PM »

sancho not good

I cah fully agree with that....I'll give u that he slow, but he is not a small dude. He's 6'1", 180 lbs......not a shrimp by any stretch of the imagination.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 12:39:11 PM »
MEN ON DIS FORUM SAYIN "HARD LUCK BRENT" AN "KEEP YUH CHIN UP"...between me an allyuh....i feel Jackula have a hand in Sancho's certain demise as a professional footballer....look tuh d TTproleague fella ;)

1]; } ?>