April 28, 2024, 04:56:43 PM

Author Topic: Stern cops 'player of the year' award.  (Read 7459 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Stern cops 'player of the year' award.
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2008, 03:19:33 PM »
Congrats Stern.... De man is just a goal machine...
Curious to know people's opinion..
If KJ stayed with Sthampton, do you think he would have scored as many or more goals, and vice versa, if Stern stayed with Sunlun???
Personally I do not think KJ would have scored as much....As for Stern in EPL... undecided

Well, considering that KJ hit 15 last year, there's a chance he would have scored as much if he had stayed. However, thing is, Southampton seems to be a much weaker team this time around, so who knows how he would have been able to deal with the reduced service, assuming we all subscribe to the theory that Stern is much more of a "poacher, fox in the box player" and is likely to get more goals with half chances, defensive errors and the like.

KJ this season has scored 7 goals, 8 if you count his first one while still with Southampton. In absolute figures, that is not an exceptionally high amount when you consider it have about 23 men score more than that and 17 who already pass 10.
However, everybody recognises that Sunderland's setup is not the most encouraging one, and that he has done exceedingly well considering this is his first EPL season (I doh count the two cobo he get with Southampton back in the day) and when you factor in the number of assists he has.

However there is a strong chance Stern would not have done as well simply because he probably would not have been given a decent chance by Keane until after Christmas when Keane realised the poverty in his front line (remember KJ not there).
Given a fair shake I would have given him chances of having a more or less similar performance goal wise, but a less strong impact on the game i.e. less assists.

By the way, for the record anybody have an idea how many of Kenwyne's goals have been from outside of the box (free kick against Peru excepted)?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 03:24:52 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2008, 04:02:17 PM »
By the way, for the record anybody have an idea how many of Kenwyne's goals have been from outside of the box (free kick against Peru excepted)?
These the only two I've seen that I can remember:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rGtwpp-Z5xY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WjYXKnO781k
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 04:06:46 PM by Dry So »

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: STERN COPS 'PLAYER OF THE YEAR' AWARD
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2008, 02:18:38 PM »
Is it me or do you think Stern John should just get call up to help the youths in the squad. He's too old to start right now with kenwyne, Scotland and the youth in the lineup right now

Too old? Well he could be around till Jesus come and scoring goals...I want him on the field. Congrats Stern!!! Lovely  :beermug:

Kingman

Kingman, well said family  :applause:, ah doh even have tuh read any more posts on dis thread, cuz yuh 2 lines say it all, nothing tuh add  :beermug:. Congrats Stern"bound tuh score" John.

Eh you fool (he know himself) read and keep yuh azz quiet, we players dominating all over de damn place. Like I said before, Trinidad &Tobago is de best. We have de best soccer players in CONCACAF, we have de best soca artist (Montano), de best cricketer (Lara), we have de sweetest ladies in de Caribbean, dat does compete wid de world and beat dem 2.Yuh cud Check we Miss universe and Miss world record.

De men from T&T, we cud go anywhere in de world and get girls of all nationalities, cuz we good like dat, seen, should I go on, ok. We had de most educated prime minister in de Caribbean (Eric Williams) and badmen or gangster, we have dat 2, just visit Morvant, San Juan, Laventille, Belmont, south Florida, New York, just tuh name a few. T&T wam tuh some fool round here on we forum? Tell dem tuh tighten up yuh know. Wam tuh dem?  HIGHLY BLESSED.

Stern detractors geh Supa hot, geh on Supa, geh on!! :beermug:

:beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 06:01:36 PM »
well done mih boi...congrats...keep up de gud wuk...next time comb yuh hair  :beermug:
all dat is necessary is necessary

1]; } ?>