March 28, 2024, 11:40:19 PM

Author Topic: Hear nah alyuh...I ent make the Grenada Game  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Hear nah alyuh...I ent make the Grenada Game
« on: April 28, 2008, 07:57:25 AM »
But I watch it on TV.  ;D

Alyuh have meh feeling guilty...peeps waiting for a lowdown so lemme give it you how I see it....in meh drawers with a stag in hand.

Due to circumstances, transport to the Marvin Lee was not accommodating. Sun evening is a funny time so I say lemme sit this one out, I go cheer them on in spirit. I check the message board, I turn on I95. and I pick up the papers and wait.

When I stumbled across Peter O connor article is now I get vex....oh those present at the matches will be registered with the TTFF and will get preference for tickets to the England and WC games. How dey was dere registering in the EL Salvador match...(so before I say dey lie, who see dem?) Anyways I will register in the Bim game on the 11th of May.

The game came on and I say I  could listen to Andre Baptiste...the man have a jokey accent ( semi yankeeish, semi serious, very annoying) not like what we accustomed to on the tv and he was just too excitable at describing nothing. So with that I went and bubble a pot of swine and say well dais it till 7:30-8 I go get the score on Forum.

I see we win 2-0...Nice...I watch the comments..nobody say nuttin...I shut down meh computer and call it a night.

Next ting I flipping tru bout 8:30 and the game on CNC 3 or one of them local stations and with 20 min gone in the first half Grenada running we. I say look ting and i rock back and say yes...$100 saved and I in the comfort of home.

Grenada was passing the ball well, going fwd and creating space. They had a bald head man in the front, pacy who was giving edwards some problems and two skinny fellas in the middle with a semi-cane row, semi balding, semi ras trim that was schooling Keon Daniel and Baptiste.

For some reason the TT midfield were allowing Grenada time and space to play and the men was stroking the ball around and enjoying possession.

The criticism I had of no steel in the middle, WHitley alone doing the tackling and expected to do the offensive too was glaring.

Also it seemed the Spice boys had 5 players in the middle while we had 3 or 4.

Then we got some chances going fwd and Baptiste get two good attempts on goal in the area but contrived to hit a mighty powder puff to which the Grenada goalie could just say thanks.

Half time came, the changes were made and is only because I know TT score two in this half I ent go and sleep.

We switched to a 4-4-2 Connell came on and show some pace...he have nice control and he not afraid to take on people and put in the cross...he looking useful. Carter was dangerous...since his hatrick vs Costa RIca he always had something in him and did not disappoint.

It was then TT started to play, move the ball around and try to create chances. I was disappointed at the lack of width or rather we were only going down one side of the field on rare occasions and tried plenty tru the middle which was not working. There was no overlap play from the wing backs and the crosses that eventually came in from the midfield were to no one.

I did not see any clear cut opportunity being created either.

However we did score from a free kick...WHitley cross it and a fella dive nearly butt the ground ( john arne risse / cyd gray style ) and it trickle in far post.

The second goal from Connell was a good one he get a kinda bobble up ball skip a man, belt the second, when two men coming push it tru the space and jump tru  and then fire into the net beating the keeper. A real good goal and good skill in the 18 yrd box.

Other than that I was pleased by Anton "Bullet Head" Pierre...he was slow, but he have the experience and the defenders did not turn him, he won everything in the air, and had a good game from what I saw.

My pick of the defenders was a new right back named smith. The man is a proper ras, he sporting a woolly beard, no kinda salon locks but like he eating meat and not smoking. The fella have size and muscle and he have a decent amount of speed, he composed and most importantly his first touch and passing is good. He impressed me by being able to make a driven pass accurately side of foot, instep, outside of foot with 100% conversion rate and over 30-40 meters with no bubble up. His technique good and he strong in the tackle. Keep this fella and give him a few more games.

Edwards play good but he need beefing up some more training and gym he will be alright.

Whitley play good but he need support, he is really doing well in his captain role but he another tackler and a good playmaker is needed to assist. He try some shot and thing.

Keon Daniel had a big fro was getting pongs orf and ent impress me tonight.

Same for Baptiste

the only other stand outs for me were Connell and Carter.

So folks I go let alyuh know how the Bimshire game goes. But if CNC bringing it a 1hr delayed like last night I might rock back again till football reach down in the West.

Till next time.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:06:26 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hear nah alyuh...I ent make the Grenada Game
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 08:19:07 AM »
Just one thing Touches it was on NCC Channel 4....ah juss making sure dey get dey pips nah....one thing doh....dem never hear bout replays or wha??....chuppss..
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 09:27:23 AM »
But I watch it on TV.  ;D

Alyuh have meh feeling guilty...peeps waiting for a lowdown so lemme give it you how I see it....in meh drawers with a stag in hand.

Due to circumstances, transport to the Marvin Lee was not accommodating. Sun evening is a funny time so I say lemme sit this one out, I go cheer them on in spirit. I check the message board, I turn on I95. and I pick up the papers and wait.

When I stumbled across Peter O connor article is now I get vex....oh those present at the matches will be registered with the TTFF and will get preference for tickets to the England and WC games. How dey was dere registering in the EL Salvador match...(so before I say dey lie, who see dem?) Anyways I will register in the Bim game on the 11th of May.

The game came on and I say I  could listen to Andre Baptiste...the man have a jokey accent ( semi yankeeish, semi serious, very annoying) not like what we accustomed to on the tv and he was just too excitable at describing nothing. So with that I went and bubble a pot of swine and say well dais it till 7:30-8 I go get the score on Forum.

I see we win 2-0...Nice...I watch the comments..nobody say nuttin...I shut down meh computer and call it a night.

Next ting I flipping tru bout 8:30 and the game on CNC 3 or one of them local stations and with 20 min gone in the first half Grenada running we. I say look ting and i rock back and say yes...$100 saved and I in the comfort of home.

Grenada was passing the ball well, going fwd and creating space. They had a bald head man in the front, pacy who was giving edwards some problems and two skinny fellas in the middle with a semi-cane row, semi balding, semi ras trim that was schooling Keon Daniel and Baptiste.

For some reason the TT midfield were allowing Grenada time and space to play and the men was stroking the ball around and enjoying possession.

The criticism I had of no steel in the middle, WHitley alone doing the tackling and expected to do the offensive too was glaring.

Also it seemed the Spice boys had 5 players in the middle while we had 3 or 4.

Then we got some chances going fwd and Baptiste get two good attempts on goal in the area but contrived to hit a mighty powder puff to which the Grenada goalie could just say thanks.

Half time came, the changes were made and is only because I know TT score two in this half I ent go and sleep.

We switched to a 4-4-2 Connell came on and show some pace...he have nice control and he not afraid to take on people and put in the cross...he looking useful. Carter was dangerous...since his hatrick vs Costa RIca he always had something in him and did not disappoint.

It was then TT started to play, move the ball around and try to create chances. I was disappointed at the lack of width or rather we were only going down one side of the field on rare occasions and tried plenty tru the middle which was not working. There was no overlap play from the wing backs and the crosses that eventually came in from the midfield were to no one.

I did not see any clear cut opportunity being created either.

However we did score from a free kick...WHitley cross it and a fella dive nearly butt the ground ( john arne risse / cyd gray style ) and it trickle in far post.

The second goal from Connell was a good one he get a kinda bobble up ball skip a man, belt the second, when two men coming push it tru the space and jump tru  and then fire into the net beating the keeper. A real good goal and good skill in the 18 yrd box.

Other than that I was pleased by Anton "Bullet Head" Pierre...he was slow, but he have the experience and the defenders did not turn him, he won everything in the air, and had a good game from what I saw.

My pick of the defenders was a new right back named smith. The man is a proper ras, he sporting a woolly beard, no kinda salon locks but like he eating meat and not smoking. The fella have size and muscle and he have a decent amount of speed, he composed and most importantly his first touch and passing is good. He impressed me by being able to make a driven pass accurately side of foot, instep, outside of foot with 100% conversion rate and over 30-40 meters with no bubble up. His technique good and he strong in the tackle. Keep this fella and give him a few more games.

Edwards play good but he need beefing up some more training and gym he will be alright.

Whitley play good but he need support, he is really doing well in his captain role but he another tackler and a good playmaker is needed to assist. He try some shot and thing.

Keon Daniel had a big fro was getting pongs orf and ent impress me tonight.

Same for Baptiste

the only other stand outs for me were Connell and Carter.

So folks I go let alyuh know how the Bimshire game goes. But if CNC bringing it a 1hr delayed like last night I fight rock back again till football reach down in the West.

Till next time.

Thanks as usual.

Nex time...keep de drawers image to yuhself nah.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 09:50:56 AM »
I do like you Touches and take it in on Ch 4.

Watchin it on TV, I hadda say I agree with mpst of your comments.  It was Jerrol Forbes who score the low header and it was Kevon Carter, not Connell who score the second goal.  Good dribbling and strength on the ball to put it in the net.  The rasta and Anton Pierre really handled themselves well too.

All in all, bearing in mind the age and experience of the team, and the opponents, I wouldn't be too harsh on them, expcept to say that they need to start playing the game from the first whistle and not only in the second half, as they did against El Salvador, Jamaica and now Grenada.  Any better team would certainly punish us badly.  Most times I find they not playing any different from a club game.

PS.  I didn't see anybody registering names at the last game, nor did I hear any announcement being made to that effect.  Whilst is not a bad idea, why dey treating it like a secret so....tell people come out to these minnow games and have a better chance of getting tickets to the big games.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 10:32:26 AM »
I do like you Touches and take it in on Ch 4.

Watchin it on TV, I hadda say I agree with mpst of your comments.  It was Jerrol Forbes who score the low header and it was Kevon Carter, not Connell who score the second goal. 

Seein dat is Carter and not Connell who score, perhaps Touches get tie up bout who come on, had some pace, nice control, wasn't afraid to tek people on and put een a good cross.  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline 2020ldrship

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 11:31:51 AM »
Look out for Press Conference at 2:00PM on Tuesday, April 29th for details of England game ticket distribution. WN/SW get ready for a shaft!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 11:46:29 AM »
Nah nah Palos

Is a mistype with the goalscorer name only

Connell was a fella with a brush fwd bean ali pang kinda trim. Carter had the soldier boy low trim mark and fade.

One was playing left wing the other was roaming in the fwd line right wing area.

I trying not to be negative....but if Grenada had better fwds we coulda get some serious licks. Is just they had no idea in the final 3rd of the field.

The spice boys actually play a nice brand of ball and with a few additions (Joseph and Roberts) they could surprise and poison people.

TT taking too long to actually play ball. The second half mentality hadda come out in the first half. Against better sides we cannot soak up no pressure and feel out nobody. Also once we concede all the best defensive plans and shutting down and containment are out the door.

But these games at least showing up those who could step up and those who going thru the motions. We seeing the consistency or lack thereof  of certain players as well.

So far as a man who see every match of the Maturana campaign thus far, the ones to go fwd are Whitley, Roberts, Patterson, Connell, Carter, Smith, Cupid, Thomas, Hislop....Hyland and Daniel need to stamp they authority on games more. Hyland ent show nuttin above avg since Guadeloupe game and besides Daniel free kick he have to show a bit more. They both have the touch  and thing but they fade out of games for long periods of time. Anton Pierre if he trim down could get a look too.

Everybody else...we know what to expect, they ent no match winner, they ent no leader, they ent no bruiser, they ent no work horse to say they fit and running down men.  They adequate and will handle it vs these small opposition side. But will be exposed when WCQ come. I am however glad to see they gettin a decent run of games at a decent level of opposition to merit their selection. If they cyar make the grade they cyar say victimisation.

However I like this crop more than the Digicel Cup side. Men playing simple, they knocking more and they have a lil more talent to them. Also as they younger the bad habits could get corrected easier.

We moving in the right direction, when them fellas get contract abroad and fly out we go be nice.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 11:49:58 AM »
Check de waggonists and dem!
Oh it comin on tv, transport difficult, ah go stay home and watch it in meh livin room.
Allyuh fairweather fans!!

Ah jus kicksin eh.
Thanks for de run-down.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 11:50:50 AM »
Nah nah Palos

Is a mistype with the goalscorer name only

Connell was a fella with a brush fwd bean ali pang kinda trim. Carter had the soldier boy low trim mark and fade.

He trim look how??   :rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 12:11:05 PM »

Not surprised by this Maturana style has always been up the middle in attack. A la Colombia, Ecuador, At Madrid etc
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 12:12:26 PM »
I agree with all your comments touches , what i also noticed for the past few games is that we only playing ball in the second half this needs to be worked on . We also need to see some consistency from players like Daniel ,Hyland and Baptiste. I was very much impressed with conell , carter ,forbes and captain whitley.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 02:12:06 PM »
So on Mother's day we play Bim and that is when dey doin registration. I eh have no chirren but I really find mother's day is not a good day 2 have a game. So as a poster said she goin Lionel Ritchie on d 10th so when I eh spend d day with she no probs as I have 2 register 4 d game in June.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>