April 27, 2024, 04:45:29 PM

Author Topic: $15 million for Soca Warriors vs England  (Read 5605 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: $15 million for Soca Warriors vs England
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 04:21:43 AM »
That night, a media reception featuring approximately 200 invited BBC journalists will take place in Movie Towne.

That can't be right. I'd be surprised if the BBC took 200 journalists to the Olympics, must less a one-off friendly in T&T  :beermug:

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 04:35:53 AM »
no doesnt sound right BBC normally have about 4-5 at most (my ex flatmate worked for the BBC) staff would be around 30-40
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 05:28:25 AM »
$15 million for Soca Warriors vs England
BY NICHOLAS CLARKE (Guardian)

Warner insisted that the sum was a fitting one for a centennial celebration and said that the T&TFF had no regrets about the cost. The monies will cover all expenses associated for the event.

We need to remember this line when he turn around and factor this $15 million as part of the expenses incurred to go to South Africa and vex because is his money he use and the government didn't help him.
He wouldn't remember the minimum 9 million from ticket sales he getting back either in those calculations.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 05:33:15 AM »
no doesnt sound right BBC normally have about 4-5 at most (my ex flatmate worked for the BBC) staff would be around 30-40

Nah it is possible. I have worked for sporting events in the past and the standard media allotment is usually 200. BBC has the rights to the game so they will then turn around and sell those slots to other media companies.

I think probably once I have ever seen all 200 slots taken but it is always easier to scale down than to suddenly have to scramble to accommodate more media.

Remember, media have to be treated like Gods cause they are the ones who make or break the image of the country. They will cater for food and seating for 200 media so if only 100 come, they in comfort. We could wipe the floor with England and they will focus on how the media room was too small, they weren't expected, security brace them cause they forget their pass, the transport reach late, the food taste bad, etc and that's what half the match report will be about.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 10:26:31 AM »
200 BBC journalist?...queen elizabeth comin too or wa

From reading the press release again, my guess is that that number includes all credentialed media....including production crew/camera men.  Seems the BBC plans on putting on a top-notch broadcast and not just the 2-3 stationary camera thing we're used to.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 10:35:22 AM »
The match is live on Sky in the UK so that must be £1,000,000 so thats what $12,000,000 TTD

even if half that fee will make up the difference without any other media rights, game shou;d easily make a profit.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2008, 11:08:29 AM »
Wearing white ent no scene.

We do it before with the strike squad....if memory serves me correctly it was the game vs Guatemala where we win with the Kerry Jamerson bullet.

nah dat was red...

we rock white against costa rica in the stadium in 89

Yup FF- that was the game.... 1-1 draw in the sea of white

I doubting both of alyuh...yuh see that game my cousin and I went to it. That was his first ever game in the stadium and I remember he didnt have a white jersey. I had to lend him one and I ben in doing so because I never wear the jersey before. It was a white jersey with the batman sign on it right out the plastic. I was how old 12-13. But I sure it was that one as we win and he climb up on the yellow railing to get a five when the players was going in the tunnel and rip a hole in it.

I going and see if I get a photo...this bothering meh

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2008, 11:56:06 AM »

We do it before with the strike squad....if memory serves me correctly it was the game vs Guatemala where we win with the Kerry Jamerson bullet.

nah dat was red...

I doubting both of alyuh...yuh see that game my cousin and I went to it. That was his first ever game in the stadium and I remember he didnt have a white jersey. I had to lend him one and I ben in doing so because I never wear the jersey before. It was a white jersey with the batman sign on it right out the plastic. I was how old 12-13. But I sure it was that one as we win and he climb up on the yellow railing to get a five when the players was going in the tunnel and rip a hole in it.

Boy de "Kerry" not engrained in your head? you cyah see Latapy mesmerising dem Guatemalans who all wearing white... you cyah see Latas dishing off to Kerry to come blazing in wearing RED... You cyah see that bullet flying into the southern goal in the stadium? The sea of RED erupting?
If you cyah remember that I cyah help you..

Against costa rica, we play in white shirt, black shorts, red socks... I seeing that clear clear in my head...

Well we go see who mad..
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2008, 12:04:51 PM »

nah dat was red...

Hoss I eh business wid all dat story bout yuh cousin and bat man logo- yuh talkin' sh*t.....

The game with the Kerry Jamerson trade mark shot, we wore red...give up- yuh memory is poor.

We wore white against CR in a 1-1 draw in the stadium- it's a fact so again....give up.   ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2008, 12:31:53 PM »
Jack warner the boss strikes again.  :devil:

Imagine men who know what all JW do and they still polishing their  nails and perming their hair to attend the festivities.  ???

We love to party, and JW will always thrive.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2008, 10:06:49 PM »

nah dat was red...

Hoss I eh business wid all dat story bout yuh cousin and bat man logo- yuh talkin' sh*t.....

The game with the Kerry Jamerson trade mark shot, we wore red...give up- yuh memory is poor.

We wore white against CR in a 1-1 draw in the stadium- it's a fact so again....give up.   ;D

Yeah, red fuh sure, ah stain ah man shirt who happen to be wearin white w/a red snow cone after Kerry buss de bullet
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2008, 08:15:13 AM »
we wear red for sure in dat Guatemala 89 match...FF right..white vz costa rica...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>