March 28, 2024, 03:09:51 PM

Author Topic: $15 million for Soca Warriors vs England  (Read 5540 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
$15 million for Soca Warriors vs England
« on: April 30, 2008, 09:16:00 AM »
BY NICHOLAS CLARKE (Guardian)

Special advisor to the T&T Football Federation, Jack Warner, left, addresses the media as TTFF president Oliver Camps looks on during a press conference promoting the T&T vs England international football friendly at the Hyatt Hotel on Wrightson Road yesterday. PHOTO: ANTHONY HARRIS.

The T&T Football Federation will spend a total of T&T $15 million on the international friendly between T&T and England which takes place at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on June 1. This was announced at a press conference for the match, entitled A Score to Settle, at the Hyatt Hotel on Wrightson Road yesterday. In attendance were Special Advisor to the T&TFF, Jack Warner, President of the TTFF, Oliver Camps and Vice-president of the T&TFF Lennox Watson.

Warner insisted that the sum was a fitting one for a centennial celebration and said that the T&TFF had no regrets about the cost. The monies will cover all expenses associated for the event.

It was also disclosed that tickets would go on sale online for $300 (Uncovered Stands), $600 (Covered Stands) and $1200 (Special Reserved) beginning on May 5 (see box). There are 18,040 uncovered stands, 4,150 covered stands and 1000 special reserve seat allotments. 750 tickets for the uncovered stands have been reserved for English “away” fans.

Surprisingly, it was announced that T&T would take the field in white uniforms since negotiations had specified that England would play in red. As a result, fans are being asked to don white apparel.

Warner encouraged Corporate T&T to get on board in supporting the event, advising that there would be three sponsorship packages available (Platinum, Gold and Silver).

He also promised that the pre-match cultural show, to be produced by Band of the Year 2008 winner Brian Mc Farlane, would be beamed throughout the world as “the mother of all cultural shows.”

The English team will arrive in T&T via private jet on May 29 following their match against the United States at Wembley Stadium, London the day before. On May 30 they will take part in a training session open to school children and the media at the Hasely Crawford Stadium beginning at 9 am.

Later that day at 6 pm, a coaching clinic conducted by coach Fabio Capello and two England players will take place at the Marvin Lee Stadium. The clinic will feature 60-70 selected young local players and will be open to the public.

That night, a media reception featuring approximately 200 invited BBC journalists will take place in Movie Towne.

On May 31, a media conference will be hosted at the Hyatt Hotel featuring coach Fabio Capello and captain John Terry followed by a dinner for the two teams which will be hosted at the President’s home in St Ann’s.

Ticket System

May 5—Commencement of online ticket reservations (www.ttffonline.com) and telephone bookings (800-FANS (3267)). Limit of five tickets per person.

May 15—Reservations and Bookings close

May 17-18—Collation of successful ticket applicants and their respective ticket allotments for the match

May 18—Ticket packages to be collected at Hasely Crawford Stadium from 9am - 4pm. Online applicants that paid with credit card can get their tickets prior to May 18.

May 19-20—Uncollected tickets will be collated for resale

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: $15 million for Soca Warriors vs England
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 09:25:09 AM »
BY NICHOLAS CLARKE (Guardian)

Special advisor to the T&T Football Federation, Jack Warner, left, addresses the media as TTFF president Oliver Camps looks on during a press conference promoting the T&T vs England international football friendly at the Hyatt Hotel on Wrightson Road yesterday. PHOTO: ANTHONY HARRIS.

The T&T Football Federation will spend a total of T&T $15 million on the international friendly between T&T and England which takes place at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on June 1. This was announced at a press conference for the match, entitled A Score to Settle, at the Hyatt Hotel on Wrightson Road yesterday. In attendance were Special Advisor to the T&TFF, Jack Warner, President of the TTFF, Oliver Camps and Vice-president of the T&TFF Lennox Watson.

Warner insisted that the sum was a fitting one for a centennial celebration and said that the T&TFF had no regrets about the cost. The monies will cover all expenses associated for the event.

It was also disclosed that tickets would go on sale online for $300 (Uncovered Stands), $600 (Covered Stands) and $1200 (Special Reserved) beginning on May 5 (see box). There are 18,040 uncovered stands, 4,150 covered stands and 1000 special reserve seat allotments. 750 tickets for the uncovered stands have been reserved for English “away” fans.

Surprisingly, it was announced that T&T would take the field in white uniforms since negotiations had specified that England would play in red. As a result, fans are being asked to don white apparel.

Warner encouraged Corporate T&T to get on board in supporting the event, advising that there would be three sponsorship packages available (Platinum, Gold and Silver).

He also promised that the pre-match cultural show, to be produced by Band of the Year 2008 winner Brian Mc Farlane, would be beamed throughout the world as “the mother of all cultural shows.”

The English team will arrive in T&T via private jet on May 29 following their match against the United States at Wembley Stadium, London the day before. On May 30 they will take part in a training session open to school children and the media at the Hasely Crawford Stadium beginning at 9 am.

Later that day at 6 pm, a coaching clinic conducted by coach Fabio Capello and two England players will take place at the Marvin Lee Stadium. The clinic will feature 60-70 selected young local players and will be open to the public.

That night, a media reception featuring approximately 200 invited BBC journalists will take place in Movie Towne.

On May 31, a media conference will be hosted at the Hyatt Hotel featuring coach Fabio Capello and captain John Terry followed by a dinner for the two teams which will be hosted at the President’s home in St Ann’s.

Ticket System

May 5—Commencement of online ticket reservations (www.ttffonline.com) and telephone bookings (800-FANS (3267)). Limit of five tickets per person.

May 15—Reservations and Bookings close

May 17-18—Collation of successful ticket applicants and their respective ticket allotments for the match

May 18—Ticket packages to be collected at Hasely Crawford Stadium from 9am - 4pm. Online applicants that paid with credit card can get their tickets prior to May 18.

Who in their right mind will promote a match for at a cost of 15 million TT. One match?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 09:29:32 AM »
$15,000,000 ?

$1200 x 1000 + $600 x 4150 + $300 x 18040 = $9,102,000

Someone's going to be selling some extra tickets  :devil:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 09:34:39 AM »
$15,000,000 ?
FIFA MATHS :devil:

Jackula will say that most of the tickets are uncollected so he will turn around and sell them a second time. ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:54:37 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 09:43:07 AM »
$15,000,000 ?

Did you not factor in the 'platinum', 'gold' and 'silver' sponsorship packages into your calculations?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 09:43:49 AM »
Aside from the money issue, imagine some T&T youths will get coaching from the legendary Fabio Capello!!!
The clinic and the training session open to school children  (on a Friday) go be nice for the youths involved..

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 09:50:39 AM »
15,000,000 for one match? From a federation that apparantly has no money to pay its own players, that has to borrow money from CONCACAF?!! 9,000,000 ticket sales. Wheres the remaining balance coming from? Who has TV rights for this match? Why so many damn flickin questions?! One man - Jackula. Havent we made any organizational progress the past 5 years? Didnt the corruption and blacklist scandal shake things up at TTFF? the hierarchy and operation all look the same. How depressing  >:(

HC Stadium's capacity is less than 24,000? Its always been listed as 30,000 up until a couple years ago.

Also, YOU KNOW the ticketing situation will be disastrous once again. The last line where it says May 20-tickets collected for resale, no way in hell ttff does that efficiently and effectively. Everyone trying to go to this game better be ready for some serious pressure.

Wonder when the callups for this match will be made.
Hart for president

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 09:53:08 AM »
$15,000,000 ?

Did you add the tickets that went to the English fans?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 09:55:34 AM »
I just watching to see how the drama unfold. The price have me reconsidering going though........but that day with resale of uncollated tickets (yes...jus wha de article have) and that one day window to collect your ticket have me wondering....
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 09:56:08 AM »
Im suprise jack not calling out the ministry and Hunt for money.  He know everyone gonna tell him"we is your budget"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 10:04:44 AM »
$15,000,000 ?
$1200 x 1000 (special reserve seat allotments.)
+ $600 x 4150 (covered stands)
+ $300 x 18040 (uncovered stands) = $9,102,000
you for got the 750  for  the  English fans... I think would get revenue from the broadcast etc
Any accommodation for the  WAGS?
the 750 for the english fans is out of the 18,040 uncovered stands
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:06:46 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 10:38:39 AM »
200 BBC journalist?...queen elizabeth comin too or wa

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 10:54:28 AM »
Imagine d celebrations if my tax dollars wasn't need  pay Pancho. is a good ting dey broke I want  b broke so.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 11:05:03 AM »
Is me or anybody find it just damn disrespectful dat the stadium getting a face lift because England coming....

So wha happen to me and all de fans of football??....we didn't deserve a facelifted stadium too??
chuuppss...ah glad it happening but or gosh, de massa mentality man... >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 11:10:49 AM »
Watch meh,

I glad ticket is $300 and I going. I ent missing dat for nuttin. Worse case scenario I buy my ticket from a scalper outside the game for a 400.

I feel I going with the text/call option. I ent giving them no credit card number and info. I go reach the stadium on collection day and  take the cattle line up.

I feel I could duck work, take a shave and put orn meh old Fatima uniform and go the training on Friday morning...... and I go try all how to reach up in the east to see dat training session in the afternoon.

game orn!!!!!

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 11:14:38 AM »
I goin wit d text option when I tink about d TTff I dealin wit I say 4get dat CC dem fellas eh really above board so I go b callin 800 fan but meh credit card go remain private
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 12:12:53 PM »
200 bbc... no sky sports boy ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 02:22:47 PM »
Will I be able to see this game in Turkey, I will be on holiday there at the time? I will be buying a T&T shirt for the game and will be getting Kenwynne on the back.....f*ck England I will be supporting my guys
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 04:00:58 PM »
$15,000,000 ?

Tickets alone don't support the game.  You forget about the infusion of millions for boadcating rights, replay rights, andthe millions that come from those.  That is where the reall money in any big time sports events should be derived.  If jack and the TT do it right they should still be making money.

On another note, we lost the first scrimamage or may bewe gave it up to ge something else, i.e. England know that nothing gets the TT fans and players up like wearing red for the game.  They saw the effect at the World Cup.  So they get that one off the table.  Hopefully we could get the fans to transfer the same energy to white. And it go be cooler any way.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 04:44:07 PM »
$15,000,000 ?

Tickets alone don't support the game.  You forget about the infusion of millions for boadcating rights, replay rights, andthe millions that come from those.  That is where the reall money in any big time sports events should be derived.  If jack and the TT do it right they should still be making money.

On another note, we lost the first scrimamage or may bewe gave it up to ge something else, i.e. England know that nothing gets the TT fans and players up like wearing red for the game.  They saw the effect at the World Cup.  So they get that one off the table.  Hopefully we could get the fans to transfer the same energy to white. And it go be cooler any way.

Obviously I recognize there are other sources of revenue, but whose ready to let Jack to live down '89?

Will I be able to see this game in Turkey, I will be on holiday there at the time? I will be buying a T&T shirt for the game and will be getting Kenwynne on the back.....f*ck England I will be supporting my guys

I'm sure there's an outlet for England Internationals in Turkey, might want to buzz VB to see if he knows what network carries them.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 04:55:34 PM »
Wearing white ent no scene.

We do it before with the strike squad....if memory serves me correctly it was the game vs Guatemala where we win with the Kerry Jamerson bullet.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 04:57:53 PM »

We do it before with the strike squad....if memory serves me correctly it was the game vs Guatemala where we win with the Kerry Jamerson bullet.

nah dat was red...

we rock white against costa rica in the stadium in 89
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 05:00:46 PM »
D colour is black

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 05:26:17 PM »
D colour is black

Yes Weary...tell dem fuh mih nah....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 06:42:48 PM »

nah dat was red...

we rock white against costa rica in the stadium in 89

Yup FF- that was the game.... 1-1 draw in the sea of white
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 07:24:32 PM »
If allyuh local base smart, after the match allyuh could throw a glow fete and make some money on jackular head. weh yuh say locals ?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 08:04:12 PM »
If allyuh local base smart, after the match allyuh could throw a glow fete and make some money on jackular head. weh yuh say locals ?

Ent, sense, is done a fete match ahready, keep de fete theme alive
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 08:40:39 PM »
D mudder of all fete matches

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 09:43:40 PM »
Lol@ touches and Just Cool....throw fete and mash up de new turf tuh boot, nah allyuh wicked, lol.

Anyways, I fail to see what the issue is with the team wearing white.  Ideally we wear our red and England wear their white...but big deal. 

If things go as planned there'll be a de facto WN crew wearing black...should contrast even better.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2008, 12:05:11 AM »
Special adviser rationalises England friendly prices
Warner: People will pay
Ian Prescott iprescott@trinidadexpress.com

Thursday, May 1st 2008

JACK WARNER, the special adviser to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF), reckons that people will pay the relatively steep prices to see what has been branded a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the England national football team play Trinidad and Tobago from 5.30 p.m. on June 1 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The cheapest ticket for the match is valued at $300 for uncovered stand patrons, while covered stand patrons will pay $600, and an additional one thousand special reserved tickets will be sold at the maximum $1,200 price.

A total of 23,190 local tickets and an additional 750 for English fans are available for the match. One thousand local tickets are special reserved; 4,150 are for covered stand fans and 18,040 will goes to those in the uncovered section of the stadium.

Local fans can access tickets first on the TTFF website (www.ttffonline.com) or by calling 800-fans. Warner said that the price structure was formulated after careful study.

"We have made a careful study of two things," Warner said. "First of all, the price that people pay for other events which have less importance...and the ease with which they pay for these events. And the price for football in the Caribbean, particularly in Jamaica."

The FIFA vice-president claimed that in Jamaica, the cost of entrance to a match of this standard is twice what the people of T&T are being asked to pay.

Warner added that the England match was a special occasion for the Federation because very few organisations can boast of being in existence for 100 years.

"We looked at the reason, the occasion...a centennial match against England and the budget of TT15 millions dollars. And we felt that anybody who has the means to help to make this a reality should do so. And that was how the prices were arrived at," Warner said.

Meanwhile, Warner revealed that the English Football Association have requested just over 4,000 tickets for travelling fans, but instead the English have been given just 750 uncovered stand tickets.

Tickets for English fans will be collected on May 1 and shipped to the English FA. Warner also revealed that the English fans have gotten a small discount.

"I think it is $50 less," Warner revealed. "Because they pay airfare to come here and they pay for their hotel. So, we gave them an incentive to come here."

In addition to travelling fans, Warner revealed that approximately 200 British journalists will descend on the country for the match. Dave Lamy, liaison officer for the foreign media said few events have ever seen such an invasion of journalists.

"Trinidad and Tobago is a World Cup national now," Lamy said. "And a lot of people are interested in this match," which he said will be broadcast live to England and throughout Europe.

The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) have acquired the rights for the match and will be taking charge of the production. They have already made plans to have between 15 -20 cameras covering the event.

Lamy said the game will be covered from all angles, making it an unprecedented feat in T&T.

As a result of the media invasion Warner said , the T&TFF will be hosting the mother of all media functions to give the English a taste of local culture.

Warner also explained the reason why the Soca Warriors were conceding their traditional red strip to the English.

"One of the ground rules was to have a playing facility that was first class," Warner said.

"Another was that they would play in red and we would play in an alternative colour, so, we chose white," he said.

Like Adidas gave us any other choice. But will it be the 08/09 white or the 06/07 white???

1]; } ?>