March 29, 2024, 05:15:45 AM

Author Topic: Julius James back to full fitness  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Julius James back to full fitness
« on: April 30, 2008, 06:21:24 AM »
Julius James back to full fitness
Toronto FC Media Relations

Toronto FC defender Julius James is happy with his fitness and tells TorontoFC.ca he has fully recovered from his shoulder injury. James played in the reserve team against Kansas City on Saturday in his first competitive game since sustaining the injury in preseason. "It has been frustrating not being able to play in the first weeks of the season, and I was really happy that I was able to play in the reserves last weekend," said James. "It was a good game and I felt good, my shoulder was good and there were no problems. We played pretty well in the first half."

James missed training early in 2008 with a knee problem and had only just returned to action when he injured his shoulder in the final game of preseason against Charleston Battery. This time around coach John Carver wanted to make sure the MLS SuperDraft 1st round pick was fully fit before he was put into a game situation. "Julius could have played before if we needed him," said Carver. "But the way things have been going, there was no need to rush him back. It was important to me that we got him into a match situation with the reserves before thinking about using him in the first team."

James has been keen to play, but understands Carver's way of thinking. "He's a wise guy. He's been around for a long while," said James. "The first time I came back from a knee injury I got injured again so it's good to take time and let me get back fully fit and get my form. Hopefully I'll get a chance but he is a fair coach and I have to prove myself again. I feel really happy that I'm considered part of the team and I've been able to remain on the first 18. I feel really honoured because the team is very strong and I think that we can take it pretty far this year," said James.

Tyrone Marshall and Marco Velez are the current pairing in central defense, and with Olivier Tebily having signed last week there is plenty of competition in James' position. He knows he'll have to wait his turn, with the team not conceding any goals in the last two games. "Competition is always healthy and I always welcome it," he explained. "I love the competition because it only makes me and other people in the position better players because it is such a challenge. We all want to get better and be in the team and when you get in the team you have to play very well to stay there."

Despite the injury, James has settled in well to life in Toronto and with TFC. "I feel really honoured to be part of the team and love the atmosphere here. I have never seen anything like this in my life. The supporters are great. They love the game and the team. I'm really happy here. I can't really express how happy I am, but hopefully soon I will get a chance to play and show everybody my passion for the team and the game."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Julius James back to full fitness
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 06:54:32 AM »
he better start the next TFC game ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 06:58:36 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 06:58:43 AM »
Oliver Teliby? Didnt he play for Birmingham City?  Them fellas coming to the promise land to chill out in de "green pastures" of the MLS during the late stages of their career.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 11:10:44 AM »
Good news  :beermug:..Hope to see James soon in the starting line up for Toronto..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 11:15:36 AM »
Stay fit meh yute
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »
Come on brother.  The warriors need you badly in defense.  'Tiger' Phillips shouldbe excited given his dire commentary on our defense.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 05:15:38 PM »
1 4 d future. Any good defender can walk in d side so d onus is on he 2 shine he eh even have 2 shine bright and he go make d team
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »
do yuh ting julsius

get them caps though
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>