April 24, 2024, 07:49:17 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Grenada Game (27-Apr-2008).  (Read 19083 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What does Carlos Edwards need?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2008, 06:44:18 PM »
time. he coming along. rough rough season for Carlos. doh know what people was expecting. seems to me he got ah standing ovation today. says something

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2008, 06:56:15 PM »
I think all dem tings you just say could work. Dey all build confidence and he is definetly lacking in that department right now.

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2008, 06:58:11 PM »
Just need time to adapt to the pace he tends to have less space now so he needs to work more on moving off the ball to collect the ball with room to take men on.....

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Grenada Game (27-Apr-2008).
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »
WHAT THE HELL WAS THE FINAL SCORE
[size=06pt]de game ent start yet man....check de title of the thread again[/size] ;)

what time the game is??
check the poster again ;)

Thank you. You think if I saw the poster I would ask.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2008, 07:24:14 PM »
Dat parking is a next set ah stress and is Sunday some wedding or something in d house dat Jack built
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2008, 07:43:14 PM »
Ah goh take it in from de TV once CNC 3 bringing it......ah find TTFF overdoing de blasted ting!!!...
Question: Wouldn't reduced attendance(revenue) of this game lead to increased ticket prices of the next game ?

It going to sell out easy.  Capacity in Marvin Lee is very small.  It might actually make sense for them to continue having these kinda games there....but they need to sort out that parking situation.
I eh watching nutten on TV I cud see live....is a whole different experience.

This is Jack Warner stadium right? so most proceeds going to him :rotfl: and i see simpaul travel and high housing apts as sponsors too.  Bwoy this man is a real business man we

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2008, 07:56:29 PM »
What Carlos need is when he go home is to hit small boats wid 3 pack ah white lily milk, some fever grass, ah bottle ah Kananga Water and make sure to check mudda to say some thing over him while he take ah dip........... :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:He was way too unlucky dis year, it might have somebody wukkin his ass......

But I guess all he really need is some time to get over everything, RK go make him wuk good. :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2008, 08:12:16 PM »
Ah goh take it in from de TV once CNC 3 bringing it......ah find TTFF overdoing de blasted ting!!!...
Question: Wouldn't reduced attendance(revenue) of this game lead to increased ticket prices of the next game ?

Against better opposition sure....mih beef really coming from de fact dat TTFF say we goh be shocked and awed by de games dis year....well before dis, we was going to play Puerto Rico (again!!) and when dem wasn't available at de last minute (again!!) we get stuck wid Grenada.....but den again is de TTFF *sigh*
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2008, 09:05:10 PM »
he needs to be about 5 years younger................ ;D

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2008, 10:24:02 PM »
At this time, no opponent  should be taken for granted. Jamaica had the same feelings against us. Was not that game against Jamaica suppose to be a all Jamaica?

Grenada has had some recent success and should be a more cohesive unit. I think we are still in the experimental stages and  new players seem to be arriving with each new friendly. Once more  we move into a  game with cautious optimism.

Lawd it would be just frigging nice to play against someone and know  that we could 'sam' that side without too much tension. Could we arrange a friendly with Samoa? how about  New Guinea? Naw ah go feel at ease against Turks and Caicos.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 11:39:07 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2008, 10:27:13 PM »
What Carlos need is when he go home is to hit small boats wid 3 pack ah white lily milk, some fever grass, ah bottle ah Kananga Water and make sure to check mudda to say some thing over him while he take ah dip........... :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:He was way too unlucky dis year, it might have somebody wukkin his ass......

But I guess all he really need is some time to get over everything, RK go make him wuk good. :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
and blue soap
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2008, 10:27:23 PM »

So your name is Dr. Strange? couldn't imagine why....

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2008, 11:36:10 PM »
Ah doh know which one ,buh i believe iz someone ah allyuh  blight the man, ah doh know which one buh all i would say iz someone ah

allyuh mout  dutty , whoever dah man iz put ah mout on JACK ,MANNING and  PANDAY  please for the sake ah we country .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2008, 02:23:01 AM »
I think Carlos needs the season over get home and get his head together.  It is obvious he is still mentally uncertain about his leg and needs the summer to get that out of his head.  This season has been a write off for the lad and he deserves a change of luck, he really hasn't had a chance to adjust to the prem yet.

He does need to get it together though because I can't see the club going into next season with only 1 natural right sided midfielder / winger so he is likely to face competition for his place. 

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2008, 02:49:57 AM »
Injuries do worry you even when you recover and its all in the mind.Who knows if Carlos is 100% fit,it could be that he is pushing himself
or trying to satisfy RK that he is OK.I hope the rest in TT will bring some improvement.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2008, 07:37:42 AM »
What wrong with allyuh? The man now recovering from his most injury plagued season and come back into a side battling against relegation. He cah do much for the rest of this season. He need a injury free pre-season and he will come back strong next year.
He will rip up for the next two years and then we could discuss the things in this thread like his age and bush bath and thing...give the man some time and stop pressuring him.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2008, 07:46:38 AM »
seriously! to heal completly & get rested. then he should undertake a complete individual fitness program designed for him.  strength (where needed), then endurance, power and speed. Pires did it after his knee surgery & if you remember he came back on fire.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2008, 07:51:40 AM »

Join the football safari today

By PETER O’CONNOR
Sunday, April 27 2008
Trinidad & Tobago Newsday

WHAT are you going to do this evening? Well, if you are in Tobago you will probably be going to the big international concert, and I hope you enjoy that. However, if you are, like me, in Trinidad, I want to suggest a trip to the Marvin Lee Stadium at Macoya.

This afternoon, the locally-based footballers of the Soca Warriors will be playing Grenada, in one of several warm-up matches leading into our first South Africa 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

Grenada has been drafted in as a replacement for the originally scheduled Puerto Rico, who had problems getting their team to Trinidad.

However, I consider Grenada a better and even a stronger challenge to our Warriors. Traditionally, Grenada has always put out their best efforts against us, and certainly they will have a measure of local support from the Grenadians resident or living here.

The match this afternoon follows our home victory over El Salvador, and the great come-back over Jamaica at “The Office” to draw two-all.

And, more encouraging, these results were achieved by our home-based players, who, as we all need to accept, must carry our flag in many of the friendlies we will play until the close of the season in Europe.

There are those amongst us who believe that the locally-based are treated “unfairly”, because some of them may be replaced by the overseas based players for the qualifiers.

The reality is that these locally based players are being given the opportunity to demonstrate to the coach, and indeed the nation, that they deserve to be in his final squad. It is they who, in the absence of the so-called stars, must rise to the challenge and impress the coach while the others are away.

Without these matches, what opportunity would be given to them to show their worth?

Our local players must walk onto the field with the attitude that, while Jones and Scotland and John may be coming in for England and then for the qualifiers, they are not coming to take my place!

They must recognise the opportunity they are being given and indeed if they prove themselves good enough, they will be chosen.

If you are one of those who believe that the locally-based players are good enough to become the core of our World Cup squad, then you owe it to yourself and to these players to be at the Marvin Lee Stadium this afternoon, cheering your heroes on, and leading them to a convincing victory over Grenada.

Should one of the players on the field this afternoon replace Jones or Edwards, then more power to you, and to Trinidad and Tobago!

But there is another reason for you to be at the match this afternoon. Many of you who went out to support the local Warriors against El Salvador were asked to provide data and contact information to the federation.

This information is being used to establish a data base of fans who will be given access to purchase tickets to all of our upcoming World Cup qualifiers. The principle is that if you support our national teams in what some consider the “lesser matches” you will be given the right to purchase tickets ahead of the masses who only support when we are near the end of the qualifying road!

So come on out this afternoon and register yourself as a true supporter of Trinidad and Tobago, and help develop your right to access tickets when all the other fans decide to come out for the last two or three matches.

And following the Grenada game, Barbados will come in to play us on May 11 at the same venue. This will be our last match before we take on England in our centennial match on Sunday June 1.

All the arrangements for this match, including ticket access and prices, will be revealed during the coming week, so look out for the releases!

For information on the English view of this historic match, you can check the website of the England Football Association: http://www.thefa.com/ England/SeniorTeam/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2008/04/TT_centenary.h tm;

Although our match against England will be billed as an international friendly, it will attract more attention worldwide than any of our World Cup qualifiers this year.

It is up to every one of us, from ball-attendants through football stars, and of course, our supporters and every citizen, to make this match a memorable and historic occasion.

Yes, we want to win the en-counter on the field, but we also want the world to see the best of us all, and as we all know, that is the best that the rest of the world can aspire to become!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2008, 07:53:02 AM »

I believe he is part of the Centennial Committee organizing the England game...I doh remember anything about filling out info at the last game.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2008, 08:22:45 AM »

I believe he is part of the Centennial Committee organizing the England game...I doh remember anything about filling out info at the last game.

Fuh real, it didn't see anybody looking for info to create any database, that sensible though cause dat england game going to be pure commess for tickets trust me. It have men who never see ah trinidad game done asking me bout tickets cause they know that i go the games.

I already say that i will never miss a local game once i here but i not taking any kinda jammin like what happen for dat bahrain game.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2008, 08:53:01 AM »
Carlos still in pre season, he now catching up to the pace remember this is still his first season in top flight. With a run of games he will get more accustomed to the pace altho is only a couple more games. The good thing is that the club are already guaranteed playing status for next season. Without the confidence of games under your belt is actually better to play it safe rather than trying to do too much risking yourself to the possiblity of injury as well as taking away the coherence of the team. I think his presence alone has made opposing teams pay attention to him as he doesnt have much time on the ball. Hopefully the pressure of results taken out of the scenario would free him up to do a bit more and get some more confidence.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2008, 09:27:33 AM »

New legs
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2008, 09:27:54 AM »
He just need more time..He is still in pre-season phase...We all know how he is capable of playing...

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2008, 09:29:35 AM »
Carlos needs quality service and support coming out of the back. Lately, Sunderland with the addition of Richardson, Murphy and Reid all favour building through the left, this leaves Carlos to pick up scraps on the right with little support.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2008, 09:32:20 AM »
T&T take on Grenada at Marvin Lee Stadium

Ian Prescott iprescott@trinidadexpress.com

Sunday, April 27th 2008

French-based striker Kevaughn Connell is expected to make his debut for Trinidad and Tobago today when they seek a 13th consecutive win over Grenada in a friendly international which kicks off at 6 p.m. at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya.

Twenty-four-year-old Connell, attached to French club L'Entente Sannois Saint-Gratien, joined the national team on Friday and had two full training sessions.

"It's extra special being home now because I'm here to represent my country and I see it as a big step in my career. This is a real accomplishment for me. Coming from Trinidad into France, it was difficult at first adjusting to the style  of football and the conditions up there, but I kept on working hard and this is the result-a call up to the national team and I'm going to try and make the best of it," Connell told T&T Football Federation (T&TFF) media officer Shaun Fuentes.

Grenada have beaten Trinidad and Tobago just once in a game of football, when registering a 1-0 home victory some 19 years ago. But today, the footballers from the Spice Island hope to overcome that daunting statistic when they take on a locally-based T&T squad in a friendly international.

Adult fans are being asked to pay $100 to see the action, while children pay half as much.

Grenada are preparing for a second round 2010 World Cup qualifying clash with Costa Rica after trouncing US Virgin Islands 10-0 in their first round qualifier last month.

The Soca Warriors, using today's match as preparation for an upcoming World Cup qualifier against Bermuda on June 15, are coming off a 1-0 victory over El Salvador and a 2-2 draw in Jamaica against the Reggae Boyz in similar friendly matches last month.

Trinidad and Tobago have won their last 12 meetings with Grenada, a streak which started in 1989 when Dwight Yorke curled in a free-kick to give T&T a 2-1 victory over the Grenadians in the Caribbean Cup Final in Barbados.

The last time the teams met was exactly two years ago, on April 27, 2006, when Dutchman Leo Beenhakker's Soca Warriors' scored a 4-0 shutout over a combined senior and under-23 Grenadian squad.

That day, Gary Glasgow, Densil Theobald, Atiba Charles and Silvio Spann were all among the goal-scorers, as T&T registered a second consecutive victory over Grenada, having also beaten them 4-1 two days earlier.

None of those scorers that day will be in today's squad, which is a much younger bunch being developed by new T&T head coach, Colombian Francisco Maturana.

Aurtis Whitley, who captained Trinidad and Tobago in the matches against El Salvador and Grenada, has cautioned against the home team taking the Grenadians lightly. He said they will be playing the game with the intensity that an international match deserves.

Apart from 2006 World Cup midfielder Whitley, Maturana's line-up should include Petrotrin midfielder Keon Daniel, Joe Public stopper Keyeno Thomas, goalkeeper Marvin Phillip, Khaleem Hyland, Kerry Baptiste and Aklie Edward, all recent regulars.

Also looking to impress the Colombian will be Petrotrin striker Jerol Forbes, who gets his first call-up at senior level.

Anton Pierre has also been given a recall, while Jabloteh's Atulla Guerra is in the squad, along with schoolboys Akeem Adams and young keeper Glenroy Samuel who have been given the chance to develop among the seniors.

"We are giving younger players the chance and also giving others a chance to claim a spot in the team to represent the country. What I want to see is players out there giving it their all and playing with passion and heart. There has to be a strong drive to be successful and it must be part of every game we play. I want to see a good, strong performance against Grenada," said Maturana.

TEAMS:

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

1. Marvin Phillip (W Connection), Glenroy Samuel (Gk/National Under 20), Aklie Edwards (Defence Force), Kareem Smith (United Petrotrin), 5. Anton Pierre (Defence Force), Keyeno Thomas (Joe Public), Makan Hislop (United Petrotrin), Akeem Adams (W. Connection), Khaleem Hyland (Unattached), Stephan David (Caledonia AIA), Aurtis Whitley (W Connection), Atullah Guerra (Jabloteh), Kevon Carter (Defence Force), Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public), Keon Daniel (United Petrotrin), Kevaughn Connell (L'Entente Sannois Saint-Gratien), Devon Jorsling (Defence Force) Jerrol Forbes (United Petrotrin).

GRENADA

Desmond Noel, Andray Charles, Patrick Modeste, Cassim Langaigne, Marc Marshall, Erick George, Stephon Hood, Brian Benjamin, Shanon Phillip. Shane Rennie, Ricky Charles, Henson Cuffie, Kwan Baptiste, Michael Francis, Kyle Joseph, Nigel Bishop, Dennis Rennie, Marcus Julien, Nickel Paul.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161315576
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 09:34:32 AM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2008, 10:26:42 AM »
just heard CNC news that they bringing the game live so check

http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream/index.html

cnc or c you mean? because the link u put there is C website

the video link for C is

http://gnxnetwork.com/trythis/new.php

for cnc is

http://www.jumptv.com/en/channel/cnc3/

i feel is C bringing the game they had bring the jamaica game delayed the same day right after the game.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 10:39:58 AM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2008, 11:28:59 AM »
What time is the game ? steuppss ah working today.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2008, 12:19:07 PM »

Fuh real, it didn't see anybody looking for info to create any database, that sensible though cause dat england game going to be pure commess for tickets trust me. It have men who never see ah trinidad game done asking me bout tickets cause they know that i go the games.

I already say that i will never miss a local game once i here but i not taking any kinda jammin like what happen for dat bahrain game.

De disroganisation done start already....de both all yuh is die hards, but eh remember being asked to fill out no form at de last game........check it...for WC 06  three of us paid for our tickets waaaaaay in advance...when time to collect dem, de TTFF eh know who de hell we is...never mind we call de office EVERY DAY for 2 weeks making sure when we come to collect dey ready.....only de threat of old noise and cuss guarantee we got them....

Come hell or high water, for de England game it will have bachanal for tickets.....is de TTFF, dey cyar help it *sighs and throws hands in de air*
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2008, 12:30:29 PM »
What time is the game ? steuppss ah working today.

6pm et
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>