April 29, 2024, 08:20:57 AM

Author Topic: W/Cup bonus judgment next week.  (Read 97709 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dis self definition of morality dat people and certain religions does want to push just appearing more and more dotish to me.

Buh......all things considered...i sure Jackula eh see heself as doing nothing wrong. It fits in with a lot.

Unfortunately Jack moral code cyar extend to anybody else but heself...and certainly not to the law of the land.

Lets see how it goes
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
just saw Jack Warner on local tv SAYING .. it eh over yet ! so hold de celebrations folks ...it eh over til Jack says so ..or til de FIFA vice President says so ..or the Minister of Works say so .... what amuses me is dat Jack slipped out of the country just before de floods came ..and not one reporter asked where de Minister of works was !

Even de talk show host dat was calling for President Max to return from vacation when members of de integrity commission resigned ...( now a Minister ) eh saying dat de minister of works shuda lef where he went and come back immediately ! So dis makes me feel dat  Jack has now purchased some real estate located just over 7 miles from de coast of Venezuela !

So I eh seeing dat dem fellas go get one cent more than what Jack said they would get !..and de news media eh go notice  :devil:

is a rainy night in Georgia ah tellin allyuh ...... High court could say what dey want ...dis is Jack country ...jack in trinidad and Jack in Tobago !and all who vex ..lorse !

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
just saw Jack Warner on local tv SAYING .. it eh over yet ! so hold de celebrations folks ...it eh over til Jack says so ..or til de FIFA vice President says so ..or the Minister of Works say so ....

......or the "Special Advisor" to the TTFF or the President of CONCACAF (he still holding down that right?), or part time PM ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
so it seem like FIFA was not named in the suit. can FIFA pull the plug on TTTF and give them an out from paying de players?  ???

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
I have a question re FIFA's role in all this.

I hearing it being said that FIFA prevents national associations from taking disputes to the High Courts and as such the TTFF cannot take the case back to the High Court. But to me thats exactly what they went ahead and did after losing arbitration, and that ship done sail.

The FIFA rule was contravened, and the penalty for that is probably anything from a fine to a ban from international football.

But what do the FIFA's statutes have to do with the law in a country? FIFA can't block anyone from taking anything to the High Court in a national jurisdiction, they can only levy punishment on the football association or the players within the realm of football and FIFA sanctioned events. Which means that they can ban the TTFF and Trinidad from participating in FIFA tournaments at all levels if they see fit. But does FIFA really have any input in so far as the legal proceedings go?

I glad to see the players getting their vindication in the court of law, but this is far from over.

The only thing for certain is that T&T football have some hard times ahead. Bet yuh bottom dollar, if Jack go down he taking everybody down with him.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I hearing it being said that FIFA prevents national associations from taking disputes to the High Courts and as such the TTFF cannot take the case back to the High Court. But to me thats exactly what they went ahead and did after losing arbitration, and that ship done sail.

The FIFA rule was contravened, and the penalty for that is probably anything from a fine to a ban from international football.

But what do the FIFA's statutes have to do with the law in a country? FIFA can't block anyone from taking anything to the High Court in a national jurisdiction, they can only levy punishment on the football association or the players within the realm of football and FIFA sanctioned events. Which means that they can ban the TTFF and Trinidad from participating in FIFA tournaments at all levels if they see fit. But does FIFA really have any input in so far as the legal proceedings go?

I glad to see the players getting their vindication in the court of law, but this is far from over.

The only thing for certain is that T&T football have some hard times ahead. Bet yuh bottom dollar, if Jack go down he taking everybody down with him.

I will take that chance.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
d Hot Topic (Soca Warriors win - Vindication?) on Sports Edition in d morning will feature 'a Soca Warrior' an a 'journalistic warrior' host Joel Villafana said. he didnt give names but i cud only guess it will be brent sancho an lasana liburd   ???

hopefully i remember to tune een in d mornin
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
d Hot Topic (Soca Warriors win - Vindication?) on Sports Edition in d morning will feature 'a Soca Warrior' an a 'journalistic warrior' host Joel Villafana said. he didnt give names but i cud only guess it will be brent sancho an lasana liburd   ???

Is Brent Sancho and we own Brownsugar. So peeps set yuh clock I done set mines.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile

:applause:

yes brownsugar, represent muh girl

aye diamondtrim,  yours truly!! set allyuh clock!! tune een an get get d FACTS.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Between 6 and 8 am on August 6, I'll be watching the first morning of the second Test between England and Australia at Edgbaston, England, for your information....

I'll also be listening to the Boom 94.1FM, with Sunny Bling, Third Bass and Magnificent Sounds, for your information.....

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

We will get 'facts' from one side....but I'll definitely love to watch.

What time is it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

We will get 'facts' from one side....but I'll definitely love to watch.

What time is it?

Well since uh peeps in d TTFF DOES LIEEEEEEEEE u know like sayin eveybody but 5 players take d peanuts I mean money we eh really need 2 hear dem.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

girl I going in mih bed now.....must get mih beauty sleep in.... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
so it seem like FIFA was not named in the suit. can FIFA pull the plug on TTTF and give them an out from paying de players?  ???

Why would FIFA be named in the suit... did FIFA make any promises to the players that it then didn't keep?  How would FIFA pulling "the plug" give the TTFF release from adjudicated liability?

Nothing is "being said"... there's a reason why I posted the link to the FIFA Statutes, Article 64 itself, rather than just coming here and saying what it says.  Everybody free to check it out themselves.  I even provided a shortcut by posting the relevant language and telling you where it can be found.  Read it for yourself and see if you can come up with a different interpretation from what yuh "hearing it being said."

The proper question to ask is whether FIFA will now do what it supposed to do and sanction the TTFF/Jack Warner for circumventing it's process.

The FIFA rule was contravened, and the penalty for that is probably anything from a fine to a ban from international football.  But what do the FIFA's statutes have to do with the law in a country? FIFA can't block anyone from taking anything to the High Court in a national jurisdiction, they can only levy punishment on the football association or the players within the realm of football and FIFA sanctioned events. Which means that they can ban the TTFF and Trinidad from participating in FIFA tournaments at all levels if they see fit. But does FIFA really have any input in so far as the legal proceedings go?

Of course they do... indirectly.  By stipulating that all disputes are to be resolved via arbitration they are in fact creating a penalty for pursuing the matter in court.  They can do this... in fact this kind of dispute resolution provision can be found in many contracts... people just don't bother to read the find print.  Take yuh credit/debit card Terms of Agreement and see what it says... I can almost guarantee you that it mandates arbitration over litigation.  The difference is that most countries' law prevents such terms of adhesion where a party with all the power can't bind another to terms that aren't really up for negotiation.  With FIFA that's different... it's a membership organization and can tell you how many hoops you have to jump thru if you want to be part of the club... including mandatory arbitration.

A contract is a contract and FIFA members are bound by the terms stipulated by the organization... courts will respect and honor those agreements to the extent that justice requires it.  Which is to say, if you want to get out from under that arbitration provision that you willfully agreed to, you better come damn good with yuh story.

Everybody saying this "far from over" but nobody eh saying why that is the case.  As I said, all Jack have now is he pardners in government to help him stall but this case eh likely to see the inside of another courtroom again.  I'd be really surprised if the Court of Appeals grants certiorari to hear this appeal.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
OK mix up Brownsugar not on but at least she get some good news Sancho say they not sure that ME MUM take any money. So tings lookin up 4 her.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

did they touch on the topic ??
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

did they touch on the topic ??

D judgement say dat d TTFF need 2 produce d books by aug 30th so by sep 23rd d players should know what money dey gettin. So expect ttff bankruptcy proceedings any day now. Betta yet d AG go ask a QC in d UK 4 ADVICE 2 give he cabinet colleague.   

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
OK mix up Brownsugar not on but at least she get some good news Sancho say they not sure that ME MUM take any money. So tings lookin up 4 her.

Ah want ME MUM to come on here and post for heself that he eh take no money....until then....I vex wid him  >:( :cursing: :cursing:....there Palos I said it.......and no ah still eh want to hear yuh.... ;D

On a related note, as Sancho was wrapping up he said that if we read the judgement handed down there are no grounds for appeal in the matter.....

Bakes, people saying it eh over cuz is Jack.  We really, really, really want it to be over but is Jack.......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It doesn't matter if TTFF goes bankrupt....it was the LOC who collected and dispersed the money. They will have to produce accounts. If the money reached TTFF, then it will be the Federation, but methinks the money didn't go to TTFF. The man ultimately responsible for the LOC accounts is Jack Warner. He cannot blame accountants, other members of LOC, etc because he is ultimately responsible for the actions of the LOC. He can't say that the accounts showed 18 million and he didn't know there was more money.

Now, TTFF said the accounts showed an income of 18 million. The govt say they received 188 million. Theres no way that TTFF spent 170 million going to Germany. Doesn't matter if they built stadiums or anything, they can only deduct legitimate expenses incurred on the road to Germany.

So, the problem is this: Money came in and can't be spent on non road to Germany projects. We know from previous "accounts" that expenses were no more than 18 million. So, Jack....and it has to be Jack because he was in charge, has to explain where the 170 million disapeared to.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It doesn't matter if TTFF goes bankrupt....it was the LOC who collected and dispersed the money. They will have to produce accounts. If the money reached TTFF, then it will be the Federation, but methinks the money didn't go to TTFF. The man ultimately responsible for the LOC accounts is Jack Warner. He cannot blame accountants, other members of LOC, etc because he is ultimately responsible for the actions of the LOC. He can't say that the accounts showed 18 million and he didn't know there was more money.

Now, TTFF said the accounts showed an income of 18 million. The govt say they received 188 million. Theres no way that TTFF spent 170 million going to Germany. Doesn't matter if they built stadiums or anything, they can only deduct legitimate expenses incurred on the road to Germany.

So, the problem is this: Money came in and can't be spent on non road to Germany projects. We know from previous "accounts" that expenses were no more than 18 million. So, Jack....and it has to be Jack because he was in charge, has to explain where the 170 million disapeared to.

suppose if those funds went to the 2007election campaign of the UNC what could be the implications for warner ??? ...remember Warner  and pandy  fly on private jet to SA
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

suppose if those funds went to the 2007election campaign of the UNC what could be the implications for warner ??? ...remember Warner  and pandy  fly on private jet to SA

Wait nah.

De LOC named in the suit...or the TTFF?

Second.....you feel dat money just fund the 2007 campaign alone? Man seeing online ads on site he go on.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Wait nah.

Second.....you feel dat money just fund the 2007 campaign alone? Man seeing online ads on site he go on.

2007 and 2010 general election was funded by dat money 4 sure. All yuh feel JW use he money. Just like how he use he money 2 fund we football.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Wait nah.

That crossed mih mind this morning since Football Supporter brought it up.  I'm thinking though that if it were a problem, the Vampire/TTFF would have already used that as a basis for blocking this whole thing.  Bakes, paging Bakes......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
wheez, diamondtrim boil down like de proverbial bhaji.

Why would FIFA be named in the suit... did FIFA make any promises to the players that it then didn't keep? 

is Jack of all trades dat make de agreement. is an open question which wallet he have in mind. ting is FIFA have real money.

How would FIFA pulling "the plug" give the TTFF release from adjudicated liability?

does "adjudicated liability" translate to de players getting paid? if TTFF "rely" on funds from FIFA, then a sanction may deprive de players of any assets to lay claim against.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Allyuh real going off topic with this thing.

TTFF is who the suit against. LOC would be a subsidiary of TTFF. It was proven that Jack is able to make promises on behalf of TTFF in his role as special advisor due to him signing basically all their contracts previously and being involved in all their contracts previously.

FIFA have nothing to do with this. The issue here was
1) if a promise was made to pay the players 50% of the profits rather than the 30% (which was proven)
2) 50% of what?

FIFA laws state that nobody cah take the TTFF to court, and that rule was made by Jack DURING these proceedings if you remember. And I doubt that means the reverse, since all FIFA laws are to their benefit. So they could probably go to court if they want. And if they can't, Jack will make the rules change to fix that anyways.

Lastly, whether the money was used in the election campaign or not could never be proven so it really doh make a difference. Nobody could ever prove where election funds come from.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

TTFF is who the suit against. LOC would be a subsidiary of TTFF. It was proven that Jack is able to make promises on behalf of TTFF in his role as special advisor due to him signing basically all their contracts previously and being involved in all their contracts previously.

1) if a promise was made to pay the players 50% of the profits rather than the 30% (which was proven)
2) 50% of what?

FIFA laws state that nobody cah take the TTFF to court, and that rule was made by Jack DURING these proceedings if you remember. And I doubt that means the reverse, since all FIFA laws are to their benefit. So they could probably go to court if they want. And if they can't, Jack will make the rules change to fix that anyways.

Lastly, whether the money was used in the election campaign or not could never be proven so it really doh make a difference. Nobody could ever prove where election funds come from.

D election issue is a non issue just dat is a possibility where d money might have gone.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

2) 50% of what?

Thanks but yuh eh have to bouff we so..... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

2) 50% of what?

I'm not so sure. LOC was responsible foir the campaign. They are a seperate entity created and reporting to TTFF. TTFF could say they were duped too and pass the buck back to the LOC. Not likely, but if JW wants to cause confusion, this is one area he could use. In other countries an LOC is formed like a private company and then closed once all matters are closed. Im not sure to what extent TTFF would have had oversight of LOC books, but in reality, they should have had access at all times as well as regular financial reports.

Also, if the money was used to fund elections (or anything else for that matter), it is very easy to track using forensic accounting. It is very difficult to move money, contrary to James Bond et al. Every donation was by cheque. Each cheque has to be deposited. The depositors account will be recorded as would the donators or payees account. Once the mnoney is in the system, every transaction is recorded and traceable. The challenge is to get investigators to seriously investigate. For this reason, foreign auditors should be used. Remember when FPATT proved Jack had paid T&T players match fees with a CONCACAF cheque? This was money laundering and fraud. Any member nation of CONCACAF could have investigated as, technically, this money was from CONCACAF countries taxpapers, but nobody bothered. It didn't even raise a question. Who knows how much money was being moved around?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
That crossed mih mind this morning since Football Supporter brought it up.  I'm thinking though that if it were a problem, the Vampire/TTFF would have already used that as a basis for blocking this whole thing.  Bakes, paging Bakes......

Not sure if I follow you... are you saying that IF Jack used some of the WC money to fund the UNC campaign; and IF there was a problem with him doing so... he would have said "well, I dun spend de money on buying de election, me eh have no money to give the players."  Is that what you're asking?

Nah... Jack would never lose he mind and say something like that... admitting to fraudulent use of TTFF funds, and potentially tainting the PP election win (although some would say that is redundant, given the actors)... just to avoid paying these players is like opting fuh de worserer of two evils.

watch nannytrim and YoursFooly hop all over 'worserer'.

is Jack of all trades dat make de agreement. is an open question which wallet he have in mind. ting is FIFA have real money.

Jack made the agreement in his capacity as "special advisor" to the TTFF, that's pretty much undisputed.  There's no logical way to confuse which hat he was wearing in feting the players on their qualification success. He's never negotiated with the players as a FIFA Vice President... he has no need to.

does "adjudicated liability" translate to de players getting paid? if TTFF "rely" on funds from FIFA, then a sanction may deprive de players of any assets to lay claim against.

The question was whether FIFA could pull the plug and give the TTFF "release" from having to pay.  If you don't have money to pay dat doh necessarily mean that yuh obligation to pay goes away... ask anybody who ever been thru bankruptcy or familiar with it.  Assuming FIFA withold de monies and TTFF bawl dey brokes and cyah pay... all Shaka father have to do is petition de court tuh start selling TTFF assets tuh satisfy de debt.  I imagine that between de Dundonaldson St. property and de MLS alone they'd have enough money tuh share.  If not, Jack himself could personally be liable given how much he intermingle he own money (by his own words) with TTFF money.  That corporate veil getting pierce easy easy.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Remember when FPATT proved Jack had paid T&T players match fees with a CONCACAF cheque? This was money laundering and fraud. Any member nation of CONCACAF could have investigated as, technically, this money was from CONCACAF countries taxpapers, but nobody bothered. It didn't even raise a question. Who knows how much money was being moved around?

Nah not money laundering... yuh on de right path doh... is more misappropriation of funds or embezzlement if anything.  And this wouldn't be money from CONCACAF countries taxpayers... but rather from the CONCACAF Federations... some are funding in part by the local governments, but largely are private, self-sustaining entities, from what I know.

1]; } ?>