April 27, 2024, 11:57:59 PM

Author Topic: W/Cup bonus judgment next week.  (Read 97401 times)

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner to appear in court in 2 weeks
« Reply #450 on: January 13, 2012, 09:22:52 AM »
UPDATE:

The Court has instructed the TTFF to write the not so Hon MP for Chaguanas West to indicate where d money gone. He has not yet joined him to the matter. Case adjourned Feb 10th.

In regards to the LEVY. The papers have been filed and it is now in the hansds of the BALIFF. Who betta doh STICK.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Expect another adjournment.
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #451 on: February 28, 2012, 10:12:46 AM »
Just watching and waiting. They say the longest rope have an end.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 29, 2012, 07:36:00 AM »
The TTFF was supposed to file a suit on Warner to provide accounts after the last court hearing on February 10 as instructed by the Judge. I think he asked that it be done the following day! I know Carnival followed soon after but I don't think I missed it! Has anything been filed ? Has it been reported in the newspapers? Instead we saw that gimmick with Om Lalla! Where are our journalists? They always seem to be sleeping ! Lasana any news on that? You are the only one who seem to be on top of things!
Are these people defying the judge like that? They are making a mockery of our judicial system!

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #453 on: April 04, 2012, 11:23:42 AM »
King Jack vs ttff vs 06 Soca Warriors.

Another attempt at justice. One of my favorite gangsters was Alfonse Capone. He was the original dapper Don in my book. He mocked justice and even laughed at any G-Man who dared to bring him to justice. Until his rope ran out.

King Jack is no where near being like the dapper one, he is more like Velcro, but his rope will soon run out too.  King Jack, doh leh de judge embarrass yuh eh.

Two weeks to gun hill.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 04, 2012, 01:36:46 PM »
what's the latest on this farce? another adjournment by judge rumpersad
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 04, 2012, 03:13:52 PM »
enough April Fools joke.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 04, 2012, 05:41:03 PM »
what's the latest on this farce? another adjournment by judge rumpersad

D TTFF eh file v Jack. D players have 2 file contempt of court charges v Scamps, Grooden and Watson. D judge will rule on it in May.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Harford: Warriors’ “Legends” absence is non-issue.
« Reply #457 on: September 08, 2012, 10:40:46 AM »
Harford: Warriors’ “Legends” absence is non-issue.
By: Lasana Liburd (wired868).

Anthony Harford, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) marketing manager, said that ongoing High Court action might have influenced the TTFF’s failure to invite the 2006 World Cup players for the Sport Ministry’s 50 Greatest Legends in Sport award ceremony. And he insisted that their absence from the Jubilee function is a non-issue.

Thirteen past and present “Soca Warriors” are engaged in legal action against the TTFF over non-paid bonuses from the country’s historic appearance at the Germany 2006 World Cup.

“We have ongoing litigation with this group of boys and there is no communication apart from in the High Court,” Harford told Wired868.com. “So let the captain (Dwight Yorke) pick up the award. I don’t think the TTFF erred or they are monsters.”

Harford, who was also a convener for the Legends selection committee, said he could not confirm whether the TTFF intentionally snubbed its most famous squad but admitted that he would understand if they did.

“It is a unique situation,” said Harford. “They recently raided the TTFF offices. I’m not saying that (the TTFF) took that into consideration but I could understand if they did.”

The 13 World Cup 2006 players involved in litigation against the TTFF are: Stern John, Kenwyne Jones, Cornell Glen, Collin Samuel, Aurtis Whitley, Evans Wise, Anthony Wolfe, David Atiba Charles, Avery John, Cyd Gray, Brent Sancho, Kelvin Jack and Shaka Hislop.

On 8 February 2012, the World Cup players had a court-appointed marshall seize all removable assets from the TTFF headquarters due to its failure to meet an interim payment of $4.6 million (US$724,000) that should have been paid on 18 October 2011. A large portion of that court-mandated figure remains unpaid.

On Thursday, the TTFF issued a press release that offered its regret about the situation and claimed it was not advised on the possibility of inviting all 24 members of the team nor was there “any discussion over which members should or should not be invited.”

Harford, who held a dual role with the Legends committee and the TTFF, did not feel he erred by failing to advise the local football body to honour its 2006 squad.

“I did not ask (the TTFF to invite them) because it is a delicate matter,” said Harford. “I don’t see it as an issue… I don’t disrespect the players; a lot of them I get on extremely well with and I quite like them. But, if I was in the position of the TTFF, I may have made the same decision.”

World Cup 2006 captain and ex-Manchester United star Dwight Yorke was at the ceremony to collect an individual award and also picked up the team prize. Former Porto playmaker Russell Latapy always received individual recognition while ex-Newcastle goalkeeper Shaka Hislop was invited, by All Sport, due to his role with ESPN but was not formally acknowledged.

Former 2006 World Cup defender Cyd Gray said the circumstances of the players’ omission hurt rather than the fact that they missed a gala event.

“If the country was celebrating 50 years of independence and we were part of something legendary during that time, then I feel we should have been there,” Gray told Wired868. “I have no problem with Dwight accepting the award but the whole team should have been there because it was a team effort.

“If they wanted to mend bridges with us, this would have been a great step to start and try to put whatever differences we have aside and move forward for the best of the country.”

Gray, a former San Juan Jabloteh defender, was one of Trinidad and Tobago’s standouts at the World Cup and excelled when the “Soca Warriors” faced England in its second group match in Nuremberg.

Coach Leo Beenhakker asked Gray was to mark England striker, Michael Owen, and the “Roxborough Rocket” kept the former European Player of the Year off the score sheet although England eventually grabbed a controversial goal in the final eight minutes before sealing a last gasp 2-0 triumph.

Gray could barely walk into the dressing room after the final whistle and a MRI scan discovered that he suffered a tear in his knee cartilage during the match but defied pain to play the full 90 minutes.

After six years of legal battles, the retired player felt the TTFF should have taken the opportunity to be more civil to the legendary squad.

“Mr (Jack) warner criticized the Opposition Leader for not attending the (Jubilee) function but how is this different?” asked Gray. “They say one thing and do the opposite. For me it is already gone now and it doesn’t matter anymore. But it would have been nice to go.”

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 07:45:36 AM by Flex »

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Harford: Warriors’ “Legends” absence is non-issue
« Reply #458 on: September 09, 2012, 07:47:33 PM »

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:07:23 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Harford: Warriors’ “Legends” absence is non-issue
« Reply #459 on: September 09, 2012, 08:33:12 PM »

Looks like Kamla sister!

P.S. Hope that didn't offend anyone!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:08:25 AM by Flex »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Harford: Warriors’ “Legends” absence is non-issue.
« Reply #460 on: September 14, 2012, 12:25:24 AM »
Since when does litigation mean you stop communicating with people.

The TTFF has a responsibility to ALL members of the footballing fraternity. But then I was expecting them to conduct themselves like a professional entity.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What did Jack say about the 2006 Soca Warriors last night?
« Reply #461 on: April 26, 2013, 11:23:10 AM »
Who actually listened to the speech last night? In none of the transcripts posted by the media is there the part where he addressed the 2006 soca warriors directly. I would like to read or hear that over again!!

He mentioned about the soca warriors not scoring a single goal blah blah blah...
He promised them net profit after the sweden game blah blah blah...
How manning give dem 1 million each and how they spend that in 2 weeks blah blah blah...
How Yorkie approached him on behalf of 5 other warriors and ask him for some small amount which he paid blah blah blah...
And how he also paid the interim judgement figure handed down by the courts out of his own pocket blah blah blah...
And when they get their full settlement that they will also blow that too blah blah blah...

Does anyone have his actual words from last night on this topic?

Offline BBL

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What did Jack say about the 2006 Soca Warriors last night?
« Reply #462 on: April 26, 2013, 01:01:29 PM »
Here is the speech and documents: https://t.co/scFl2iHqPP

Only time 2006 came up was when he was blowing his own horn for T&T qualifying in 2006.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 26, 2013, 01:17:12 PM »
Here is the speech and documents: https://t.co/scFl2iHqPP

Only time 2006 came up was when he was blowing his own horn for T&T qualifying in 2006.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. All the transcripts seem to have deleted those harsh words he had for the warriors. I would love to see the video clip of that rant again...

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 26, 2013, 05:55:06 PM »
CNC 3 just played the clip where he spoke about the Soca Warriors so you can probably check it online later.
He said Dwight came to him & said "Boss all I want is US$30,000.00" and then he said Dwight brought 5 other fellas and he paid them. He also said words to the effect that imagine Dwight Yorke the Captain didn't get himself involved in that quest for money.
He also said "Now they want me to pay $15 million ....me!!!!!"
He also said they eh score one goal!!!
But the clip should be on their website by tomorrow.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: April 26, 2013, 06:42:59 PM »
Anil Roberts in todays parliamentary debate may have crossed the line when he went into details about the soca warriors claim that $205 million was raised by LOC2006. As he started to describe how the players weren't entitled to a share of the Adidas money as well as other donations from sponsors, he was warned by the speaker that these matters could not be discussed as they were relevant to an ongoing court case. Roberts argued and then the opposition also objected on the same grounds.

I don't know if Roberts can be called to account for his statements, but to me, he had no business quoting one side of the case. I would say that his arguments were very persuasive, but they only gave one side of the story.

For example, Roberts said that the Adidas deal supplied uniforms to all the T&T teams (and we can still see the kit being used now) and how can the players quote that deal in the case.

But, if the players didn't qualify for 2006, Adidas would not have done the deal. So, the players earned the deal which saved TTFF tons of money, so there is a monetary value to that deal. This was not pointed out by Roberts.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 27, 2013, 07:23:33 PM »

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The untold story of the 2006 W/Cup bonus dispute
« Reply #467 on: May 20, 2013, 07:02:52 AM »
Bonus-gate: How 13 World Cup 2006 players challenged the TTFF…and won
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Wired868, with the help of five people closely involved with the case in the playing, administrative and legal camps, will tell the story of the 2006 World Cup bonus dispute.

This is part one:

Last Thursday, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) wired an undisclosed figure into an account managed by a representative of 13 World Cup 2006 players. It is the first tranche in a series of payments to be made over a three-year period, which is believed to add up to a seven-digit figure.

New TTFF president Raymond Tim Kee, who was a vice president when the “Soca Warriors” took the local football body to court, can claim the World Cup bonus settlement as his biggest accomplishment since taken up to the past last November. He was aided by fresh-faced general secretary Sheldon Phillips, the son of former Trinidad and Tobago icon Lincoln “Tiger” Phillips, and facilitated by CONCACAF president Jeffrey Webb.

For Trinidad and Tobago’s most successful football squad, the impending conclusion of a seven-year legal battle was met with more relief than celebration.

It started on Friday 13 October 2006, Trinidad and Tobago World Cup 2006 players and Gillingham teammates Brent Sancho and Kelvin Jack along with English football agent Steve Davis walked into the office of sport lawyer Michael Townley and requested representation for an on-going dispute with the TTFF.

The players were promised half of all World Cup revenue for the country’s historic qualification for the showcase tournament in Germany. But, on October 5, the TTFF offered the Warriors $5,644 each and then general secretary Richard Groden called the players delinquent and confrontational when they refused to accept it.

The meeting at the London law firm ended with swearing, threats of violence and the London Police being summoned. Townley and his guests got on well enough. But Jack had inadvertently parked in someone’s spot and the angry tenant blocked the League One player from reversing and called the police.
Tempers eventually cooled and the situation was defused without lawmen. But it was the start of a tumultuous case for Townley.

Not long before, the lawyer enhanced his reputation by negotiating a settlement for an unheralded and unlicensed agent, Roger Stewart, over an England World Cup star. Stewart claimed to have taken an adolescent Ashley Cole to prominent sport agency, Stellar Football, for help but was frozen out when the player joined Arsenal.

“You’re a vulture,” a Stellar representative allegedly told Stewart at the negotiating table. “All you did was look in the phone book for a boy named Cole. And you didn’t even get me the best one!”
Despite Stellar’s initial protestations, Townley extracted a six-figure settlement for Stewart although his client did not have a properly worded written contract. The London-based lawyer saw similarities in the players’ case. Both, in his mind, were a clear case of injustice.

He drew up a game plan that weekend and emailed Jack and Sancho on Monday morning. Townley stressed the key to victory in the heading of his message: “Strategy, discipline, determination and patience.”

It turned out to be a prophetic message although Townley, at that point, felt confident the TTFF would crack in weeks or maybe a few months. But then, in October 2006, he had never heard of ex-FIFA vice president and TTFF special advisor Jack Warner.

Jack and Sancho informed their teammates that they had found a lawyer. But the announcement got mixed reactions.

Team captain Dwight Yorke immediately said he was not going down that road and offered talk to Warner instead on behalf of the squad. Dennis Lawrence, Carlos Edwards, Jason Scotland and Clayton Ince also pulled out. That quartet was represented by English football agent Mike Berry, who worked as a liaison for the TTFF in the build-up to the 2006 World Cup. Berry told his players that Warner would never lose such a battle.

Football legend Russell Latapy decided against a legal fight too. He supposedly said that he wanted to part of the national coaching set-up and did not want to jeopardise his chance of a job.

By the time Sancho and Jack reported back to Townley, the number of Warriors was down from 23 to 17.

The players who stayed on were: Shaka Hislop, Avery John, Marvin Andrews, Cyd Gray, David Atiba Charles, Ian Cox, Chris Birchall, Densill Theobald, Aurtis Whitley, Anthony Wolfe, Evans Wise, Collin Samuel, Kenwyne Jones, Cornell Glen, Stern John, Sancho and Jack.

On 23 October 2006, Townley wrote to FIFA and asked the governing body to arbitrate the bonus dispute. FIFA declined. The TTFF revised its proposal to the players and, this time, offered roughly $19,000 each. But the players insisted that they would not accept anything until they saw proper accounting documents.

On 15 November 2006, the TTFF swapped the carrot for a stick. The Federation decided the best course of action was “a swifter than originally envisaged consideration of incorporating the rising brood of (young) players.” And the unhappy Warriors were suspended from international duty until further notice.

There were 16 players now. Twenty-four-year-old midfielder Densill Theobald left Scotland Premier League club, Falkirk, in August and returned to Trinidad with the hope of using his international experience to secure a better contract in Europe. But national coach and ex-Holland World Cup star Wim Rijsbergen made it clear that the promising midfielder would not represent his country as long as he was involved in even the threat legal action against the TTFF.

Theobald spoke to Hislop and Caledonia AIA coach Jamaal Shabazz. Shabazz told him it would be crazy to sacrifice his international career. Hislop, who was 37-years-old at the time, said he could not advise anyone against fulfilling his boyhood dream of playing football. So Theobald quit the court action.

Once good friends, Jack barely had a word to say to Theobald after that. It is only one of several rifts that fractured a once close-knit team.

The external pressure being placed on the young men was one thing. But the internal issues were arguably even more damaging.

In July 2006, within two weeks of their return from Germany, the Trinidad and Tobago government gave the players $250,000 in cash and $750,000 in units from Unit Trust as reward for getting to the showcase tournament.

Twenty two year old North East Stars attacker Anthony Wolfe, who never got on the field in Germany, told the media that the reward was okay for a start. Certainly many players acted as though there would be several more millions on the way.

Within weeks, most of the players had withdrawn their $750,000 in units. The government offered free financial counselling but it was not mandatory and few of the young men took it up if any did at all.

In the next 12 months, six Warriors got married. Another player bought a small fleet of cars and had his friends use a few as taxis in an ultimately unsuccessful enterprise. Another bought the local rights to an international energy drink. And, of course, there were more than a few shopping sprees and gifts for relatives and friends.

“For weeks, I had insurance agents and investment groups calling my phone every day with investment ideas for my money,” said one Warrior. “And there were schools and charity groups and people you had not heard from in years…”

Some players spent weeks at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and there were all sorts of strangers waiting for them in the lobby every morning.

Several offers prompted laughter. One gentleman wanted $40,000 to start an apple-selling business. Other propositions were more bizarre. One woman brought her attractive daughter to the hotel and offered her hand in marriage to any player who was interested.

Meanwhile, more urgent business was being left unattended.

Townley, who ran his own firm called athletes1, had given Sancho and Jack a rate of over £120 ($1,160) an hour for his services but he was lax in ensuring that a payment plan was agreed upon. By the following year, he still had not been paid and every attempt to get someone to sign on behalf of the 16 was delayed or resisted.

Things got trickier when Bates Wells & Braithwaite (BWB) bought athletes1 in early 2007 and Townley went to work for the bigger law firm. The firm’s lawyers are given an annual revenue target and it soon became clear that the World Cup bonus dispute was not helping Townley reach his mark. BWB read him the riot act.

The way we do things here, Townley was told, is that we tend to send a bill out to clients regularly; and they pay us.

The international blacklist meant the Warriors were not earning the match fees of around US$800 per game for representing their country while many players were at the end of their professional careers, changing clubs or getting by on modest Pro League salaries. And, crucially, they had put nothing aside for legal fees.

In June 2007, Townley told Sancho that it was over. The World Cup players would have to get another lawyer.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:14:15 PM by Flex »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The untold story of the 2006 W/Cup bonus dispute
« Reply #468 on: May 20, 2013, 02:42:34 PM »
Nice article.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
W/Cup players threaten return to court; TTFA pact on knife's edge
« Reply #469 on: January 23, 2014, 10:24:58 PM »
W/Cup players threaten return to court; TTFA bonus pact on knife’s edge
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) is trying desperately to preserve its out-of-court settlement with the 2006 World Cup players after failing to fulfil the terms of its pact with the “Soca Warriors.”

On Monday 20 May 2013, the TTFA officially buried the hatchet with the Warriors in what was considered to be Raymond Tim Kee’s first and biggest triumph as football president. However, the local football body is now five months late in the second of five payments due to the 13 players and is running out of negotiating room.

The 13 World Cup players are: Kelvin Jack, Shaka Hislop, Cyd Gray, Brent Sancho, David Atiba Charles, Avery John, Aurtis Whitley, Collin Samuel, Evans Wise, Anthony Wolfe, Kenwyne Jones, Stern John and Cornell Glen.

“We are owed over half of the sum due since the 1st of September although we have been promised that several times since then from several different sources,” the player’s London-based attorney, Michael Townley, told Wired868. “According to the schedule, the players were due their second tranche on the 1st of September but less than half of that was paid and, even then, it was late. Despite many promises there is nothing concrete to show for it.

“The players are now getting together to instruct (local attorney) Dave De Peiza to bring the matter back to court to enforce the debt.”

Kelvin Jack, who was Trinidad and Tobago’s first-choice goalkeeper for much of the qualifying campaign and started in the Warriors’ final group match against Paraguay, reiterated Townley’s stance.

“Every player with the exception of one is prepared to go back to court,” said Jack. “It has been very disappointing. We have been through this thing since 2006 and now we are in 2014 and are still in this situation…

“It is supposedly a different group in charge of the TTFA now but it is the same rubbish.”

The threat of a return to the High Court comes a week after the local football body announced an out-of-court agreement with another ex-World Cup player and icon Russell Latapy. Wired868 understands that Latapy accepted the promise of payment over two tranches from the TTFA as well as an acknowledgment of its debt to him from his tenure as national coach.

TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillip was keen to stress that the football body recognises the 2006 World Cup players as its largest creditors and was trying to satisfy its debt.

“Unfortunately some of the money that was promised (to us) hasn’t materialised so we are in the process of sourcing the remaining amount,” said Phillips. “There are some extenuating circumstances that got in the way of us getting hold of those funds; but we got assurances that those funds will be paid very shortly.

“We hope the players understand that the very first thing Tim Kee did was put aside a large amount to settle this case, which should have proved his good faith to see this through.”

Phillips hinted that the money is likely to come from CONCACAF and/or FIFA but could not give details as to when the payments would be made.

However, Townley said that an absence of hard details paired with the TTFA’s public settlement with Latapy has further antagonised the players.

“There was a meeting a week ago with Sheldon and the players left more annoyed than they were going into the meeting,” said Townley. “The players expected concrete proposals and dates but it was all very evasive…

“You are told early days that you cannot get blood from stone, so you have to take the financial viability of the judgment debtor into consideration… But the players were very concerned to see Russell’s case was settled as it would appear that the TTFA has prioritised a different, more recent debt.

“Maybe if we were in court we would become a higher priority.”

Jack was characteristically straightforward.

“We have been receiving promises about money being deposited for over two months now and we are starting to feel as if they have been playing us for fools,” he said. “The (TTFA) needs to understand the seriousness of this case. Nobody wants to go back to court but what choice do we have?”

It is not a unanimous view in the Warrior camp. Shaka Hislop, who kept goal in two 2006 World Cup games and now works as an ESPN commentator, disagreed and insisted that the TTFA deserves more time.

“I don’t want to go back to court,” said Hislop. “I feel it was a long battle to get us to this point and it took a lot out of us and strained many relationships. I also feel this current administration has been working as well with us as anyone has over the last seven years…

“And I feel our case and Trinidad and Tobago’s football is best served with the current Trinidad and Tobago football administration.”

Hislop admitted that his view was partially coloured by his long-standing friendship with Phillips, whose father Lincoln “Tiger” Phillips coached the former Premiership goalkeeper at Howard University. He also declared a lengthy friendship with present FIFA developmental officer Howard McIntosh while he was a guest of CONCACAF president Jeffrey Webb at the 2013 Gold Cup finals and a sport symposium in the Cayman Islands.

However, the ex-Warrior insisted that there were tangible reasons to believe in the present TTFA administration too.

“I have known Sheldon as a friend for knocking on maybe 20 years now and I trust him,” said Hislop. “So when he says to me he is trying as hard as he can, I believe him. Nobody else in the group has that type of relationship or history with Sheldon, so I understand their apprehension.

“Tim Kee and Sheldon inherited an atrocious football administration from (Jack) Warner and (Richard Groden); this isn’t of their making…

“Although they have been late in paying us, in the year they have been in power we received more money than in the six years previous; and yet I feel we are being more aggressive with this administration than the last one which caused all the problems.”

Present Trinidad and Tobago international captain and Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones rejected any suggestion that the players’ stance should depend on the personalities involved. He did not share Hislop’s opinion of the TTFA’s handling of the matter either.

“I do think after the initial talks they have become very lackadaisical and negligent in communicating with us,” Jones told Wired868. “They were the ones that offered the terms and now they’re not keeping up with their contractual agreement…

“We are not going by the characters of the men (involved), we are basing our judgements on what was discussed and what was put down with pen and paper. This has been an issue going on eight years now and it’s about time it ends in the proper way.”

Townley agreed with Hislop that the present TTFA administration has behaved more responsibly than its predecessors, who he described as “nasty, aggressive and vindictive.” However, he remains dissatisfied with the present football body.

“We have to give the TTFA credit for realising that the litigation had to end,” said Townley. “That is a good thing and something the old management would not have done. But having done a settlement, they could not honour it.

“So it is a much more responsible approach but it still hasn’t produced the payment and I don’t think it has been fully transparent and open either… It clearly isn’t quite the same as it was under Groden; but it is still a long way from perfect.”

If the World Cup players liquidate the TTFA, it could clear the way for the players to try to recover money owed to the football body, which could lead them towards Chaguanas West MP and former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner. But it will almost certainly be a long, protracted legal battle.

“It defies belief that Raymond Tim Kee and Sheldon Phillips haven’t sued Warner,” said Jack.

Phillips declined comment when asked about the likelihood of the TTFA taking legal action against Warner.

But Hislop said his teammates should recognise that Tim Kee and Phillips have more on their plates than the World Cup bonuses.

“As they try to get the funding to realise their own obligations to us, football in Trinidad and Tobago has to go on,” said Hislop. “I don’t feel Trinidad and Tobago football should stop so they can recognise their obligations to us.

“I feel we should play second fiddle to normal Trinidad and Tobago football business.”

Regardless of his personal stance, Hislop said he was unlikely to quit the legal action; even if the case does return to court.

“I don’t think we should go back to court,” he said. “It is a little early to pull that trigger right now. But I feel compelled to stand with the group in whatever it decides in the end.

“We have come this far working together.”

Jack, whose international career was ended prematurely as a result of the legal action, insisted that the players would continue fighting until they got their just due.

“It is embarrassing for Trinidad and Tobago’s football that its most successful group continues to be treated with disdain eight years later,” he said. “What did we do wrong? We worked our socks off and yet we still have to fight for what is ours.”

That fight appears to be inching closer to the High Court once more, unless the TTFA can come up with something concrete in the next two or three weeks.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:35:11 AM by FF »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: W/Cup players threaten return to court; TTFA pact on knife's edge
« Reply #470 on: January 23, 2014, 10:55:06 PM »
"What did you say your name was, honey?"

"M—Mary Williams."

"Honey, I thought you said it was Sarah when you first come in?"

"Oh, yes'm, I did. Sarah Mary Williams. Sarah's my first name. Some calls me Sarah, some calls me Mary."
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 24, 2014, 12:08:39 AM »
Cyah wait for we to get to the Next World Cup  :devil:

To bad the girls didn't make it, coulda take that money, pay the guys...and then let the girls start some proceedings...
Let's see, take ttfa to court, use the money for operations to pay lawyers, and other proceedings then what is left distribute..hart take them to court...pay hart..then ttfa staff and other junior coaches go to court..sue the president, who happen to be mayor of POS, who then pays everyone from the city kitty, so MoS and MoIF steps in, use money earmarked to fix stadia, and new crime fighting measures from Germany and Virginia, putting those on hold..eventually paying everyone..using government money...wait..that is TT ppl money .. Oh well, business as usual...everybody hand in somebody else pocket...except the good ppl of T T, them still waiting at the end of the line...nobody pocket to put them hand in, not even their own, plenty hand in dey already, hi, lo, game, and nobody cyah hang jack

Gotta stop drinking that juice, starting to hallucinate again
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 12:33:48 AM by maxg »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 24, 2014, 12:53:01 AM »
Billy Preston had a chune back in de day called "Nothing from nothing leaves nothing"

Dem man lookin to wring water from stone.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 24, 2014, 03:22:58 AM »
So CONCACAF shit them up then ?

Ent that money was coming from CONCACAF?

Weary was right to ask de question de other day.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 24, 2014, 03:38:04 AM »
At the end of the day Jack pocketed the money then resigned as TTFF Special Advisor and Bank manager and no one is asking him to pay back the money that he promoised the players.

Jack is really a Don in trute yes!! Let CONCACAF pay it back as they stole the money and not Jack!

But guest who was in charge of CONCACAF when the money was stolen even if we want to hold CONCACAF responsible? :whistling:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 24, 2014, 05:36:49 AM »
Fact remains that those responsible have never been made to account.
For all of Tim-Kee and Phillips good intentions, the only way to separate yourself from the previous crew is to publicly show that you don't approve and will not let the missing millions be forgotten.
If Tim-Kee had aggressively pursued the previous cabal, maybe the players would have allowed more time for the settlement?
Yes, this was about money for the players, but they were wronged and I'm sure would be more understanding if there was an active pursuit of the perpetrators.     

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 24, 2014, 07:49:02 AM »
Fact remains that those responsible have never been made to account.
For all of Tim-Kee and Phillips good intentions, the only way to separate yourself from the previous crew is to publicly show that you don't approve and will not let the missing millions be forgotten.
If Tim-Kee had aggressively pursued the previous cabal, maybe the players would have allowed more time for the settlement?
Yes, this was about money for the players, but they were wronged and I'm sure would be more understanding if there was an active pursuit of the perpetrators.     

CO-SIGN. the fact that they gave Jack a free pass indicated that it was business as usual.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 24, 2014, 08:01:07 AM »
Raymond Tim Kee trained under Jack Warner, so beware, he has the same mentality.

He is also using Sheldon Phillips as his personal bullet proof vest.

So the money they found from a hidden CONCACAF account disappeared?

I have a question. The TTFF changed their name to TTFA, why do they still have to pay Jack's debt?

I know BWIA used the same antics to get away from debt when they changed their name to Caribbean Airlines. Companies usually do this.

But if the TTFA is responsible for the debut, then they should really consider going after Jack Warner. What is Tim Kee afraid off? Jack is done, go after him that money would really help the federation.

Russell Latapy should take note.

And who is the player that dropped out, I am taking a guess its Hislop?

The TTFA is operating like the old TTFF.

Our teams is going into tournaments under prepared. Same results different personnel's.

Tim Kee has been here over a year now.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:04:50 AM by Star Child »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 24, 2014, 08:22:11 AM »
Nobody gave JW a free pass because they still fighting him,from the time i see Kelvin Jack come to play in Football festival for Wire D868 i had a mind something was up,he eh coming here to play no game just so,nobody wants to see him any how.

They vex Latapy settle,the others want too but they under pressure,the only way this will end all of them will have to do what Latapy did,look how Yorke and the rest don't have any problems,talking about they want to ensure this never happens again and alyu eh get alyu money yet,every time we try to raise our heads alyu pushing it back down,study Jack Warner and don't move on.

Look at the strides Football are starting to make,people still finding all kind of things to say about the admin,MOS,Sportt etc etc about funding Football,alyu come back with this court shyt,Integrity Commission going and investigate JW after FIFA,CONCACAF,CFU,FBI,IRS,Customs,TTPS,Haiti etc etc give up,alyu eh find something have to be wrong,the man eh hiding no where he still travels and does what he wants,he don't even go to court.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 24, 2014, 08:40:54 AM »
Raymond Tim Kee trained under Jack Warner, so beware, he has the same mentality.

He is also using Sheldon Phillips as his personal bullet proof vest.

So the money they found from a hidden CONCACAF account disappeared?

I have a question. The TTFF changed their name to TTFA, why do they still have to pay Jack's debt?

I know BWIA used the same antics to get away from debt when they changed their name to Caribbean Airlines. Companies usually do this.

But if the TTFA is responsible for the debut, then they should really consider going after Jack Warner. What is Tim Kee afraid off? Jack is done, go after him that money would really help the federation.

Russell Latapy should take note.

And who is the player that dropped out, I am taking a guess its Hislop?

The TTFA is operating like the old TTFF.

Our teams is going into tournaments under prepared. Same results different personnel's.

Tim Kee has been here over a year now.

Shaka did not say he would drop out. He say he willing to give them more time but he is standing wit the majority. I was never a Tim Kee fan because I saw him as part of the old Guard.

1]; } ?>